Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: AND A BOX OF SCORPIDOS  (Read 54024 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:AND A BOX OF SCORPIDOS
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2007, 07:48:34 AM »

I alsl had a wierd dream: DR Sandra and I were invited to be in a melodrama in LA. We were to play the Miller Brothers, who get hanged at the end. Also starring were Larry Raben and David Engel.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2007, 07:48:54 AM »

Page Three Scorpido Dance!

FJL

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2007, 07:49:59 AM »

And one for Miller, too

FJL

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2007, 07:51:13 AM »

My mom used to work at a clothing store called Miller Brothers on Kings Highway in Brooklyn.  Are they the same ones as in DR Laura's dream?

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2007, 07:53:48 AM »

Did they have mustaches and red hair and get hanged?

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2007, 07:57:26 AM »

And now, since it is a lovely day outside and I have nothing I HAVE to do today, I shall go for a nice long walk.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2007, 08:00:07 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I allowed myself to sleep in for a bit.  Alas, the radiator had another bout of knock-knock-knocking last night which woke me up, but I feel rested and non-sleep-deprived, so...

And while lounging in bed this morning, I came up with an easier and less "dismantling" way to get my shelves set up.  It was one of those "DOH!" moments.  I was originally going to dismantle one set of shelves completely, then move the new set in its place.  But then I realized that I could just slide the old shelf forward, place the new one in its old place and then just transfer the contents of the shelves from one to the other.  -And I won't have to worry about trying to find free floor space to place the CDs and books during the "transfer".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2007, 08:05:18 AM »

And like bk , DR George, and others here on HHW, I just have to way too much stuff.  And I must whittle down my belongings.  -And like other DRs, I've been going through this process for years now.  So, maybe we should all form a pact of sorts, or even have a contest to see which Hainsie/Kimlet can de-stuffify first.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2007, 08:05:57 AM »

I watched the Superbowl last night. Not really too exciting a game. But my brother-in-law organizes a pool, which makes it more exciting. Everyone ends up cheering for the scores they have at the end of each quarter.  All i have to say is why couldn't the colts have tried to scrore a touchdown in the last minute. They could have scored if they had tried. But no, they just kept downing the ball. They owe me $50! :)

As for the commercials, my little niece megan was transfixed by the beer commercial with the dogs. She loved it.

The one with the 2 guys biting the hotdog/sausage and then kissing was so silly. And then they were so embarrassed that they pulled off their chest hair!

There were a lot of animated coke commercials. And many budweiser commercials.  There was a funny one with a guy having a beard combover.

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2007, 08:07:56 AM »

Good vibes for DR Elmore and his dad. ~~~~~~~~~

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2007, 08:09:33 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Our thermometer in the sun reads 0o at the moment - hope that doesn't mean it's really 10  below!

Today's my day off and it would have been lovely to sleep late on such a cold morning.  However, back in August I made my 6-month dental check-up appointment for 8:45am today.  It must have seemed like a good idea at the time...Anyway, I received a clean bill of dental health.  Now, I have some errands to do, but at least I convinced my 88-year-old mother that she has no business running around in the cold with me.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2007, 08:10:09 AM »

Tonight we have a new HEROES!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2007, 08:11:29 AM »

Did they have mustaches and red hair and get hanged?

The haberdasher who dress Li'l Kim should be hanged.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2007, 08:12:39 AM »

{{{DR Elmore}}}

We're here if you need us...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2007, 08:14:40 AM »

...And I also have to say that I'm almost in the mindset where the only belongings I have are the ones that are in my room.  Nothing in storage.  Nothing in the basement of my parents house.

And after doing some "math", I'm pretty sure that once I get all the new shelving set up here, I will still have a number of boxes of books, music, papers, etc., that are not "up and out".  -But at least stored neatly under my bed.  But it would be nice to get down just to the basics as it were.   -At least until I get my own place.  My own bigger apartment.  ;)

*DR elmore and I have a mutual friend/colleague who has one of the neatest, uncluttered NYC apartments I've ever seen.  And not really that big an apartment.  Roomy, but not "big".  Everything he owns is there.  And when it comes to his clothes, everything is one dresser and a small closet.  So, whenever he buys a new piece of clothing - t-shirt, jeans, coat, etc. - he gets rid of an "old" piece.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2007, 08:15:41 AM »

We have a new EVERYTHING tonight. We're in sweeps month, so no reruns of shows in their original timeslots.

CBS debuts a new comedy tonight at 9:30 (RULES OF ENGAGEMENT), but I'm not interested in it at all. When THE CLASS finishes its first run episode order, OLD CHRISTINE is going to move into the 8:30 time period for awhile.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2007, 08:16:57 AM »

I have in my collection a rendition of Silent Night sung in five languages : Gaelic, Norwegian, English, German and Italian.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2007, 08:17:01 AM »

I'm having lunch with best friend John today, so I guess I should get off-line and get cleaned up.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2007, 08:18:00 AM »

I watched the Superbowl last night. Not really too exciting a game. But my brother-in-law organizes a pool, which makes it more exciting. Everyone ends up cheering for the scores they have at the end of each quarter.  All i have to say is why couldn't the colts have tried to scrore a touchdown in the last minute. They could have scored if they had tried. But no, they just kept downing the ball. They owe me $50! :)

As for the commercials, my little niece megan was transfixed by the beer commercial with the dogs. She loved it.

The one with the 2 guys biting the hotdog/sausage and then kissing was so silly. And then they were so embarrassed that they pulled off their chest hair!

There were a lot of animated coke commercials. And many budweiser commercials.  There was a funny one with a guy having a beard combover.

I was overall disappointed in the commercials last night.  The only one that I felt was funny and surprising was the Grand Theft Auto guy going nice in one of the Coke commercials.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2007, 08:24:10 AM »

And one last thought on de-cluttering...

I did a quick read through the new organizing book written by the guy on TLC's "Clean Sweep".  -I read it at Border's - it really was a quick read.  He does a nice job getting to and through the emotional attachments people have to their stuff, their belongings, their junk.

His number one rule - well, one of them at least - is "If you don't have to room to store it, then you need to get rid of it".  And another one is something along the lines of, "If you haven't used it in a certain amount of time, then you don't need it.".  -Of course, I'm paraphrasing.

I liked this one hint for decluttering your desk area and kitchen gadget drawers:

Place all the gadgets in a cardboard box on the floor by your desk, kitchen drawer.  As you need and use a particular item, take it out of the box, and place it out of the drawer.  Whatever is left in the box on the floor at the end of a month... ditch!

Then you basically do the same thing with cookbooks.... Place a Post-It note sticking out of a book when you use it... Any books that don't have a Post-It note sticking out of it after a year...  Etc., etc., etc.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2007, 08:26:03 AM »

I alsl had a wierd dream: DR Sandra and I were invited to be in a melodrama in LA. We were to play the Miller Brothers, who get hanged at the end. Also starring were Larry Raben and David Engel.

That was no dream - you HAVE been invited to be in a melodrama and you will be playing the Miller brothers and you will get hanged at the end.  It's called Plaid Hangings - I'm quite looking forward to it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2007, 08:27:02 AM »

My main un-cluttering project will be the garage, but there are probably close to 100 boxes o' stuff out there to go through.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2007, 08:27:55 AM »

And one last thought on de-cluttering...

DR Jose, perhaps we should go in together on an eBay sale!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2007, 08:28:05 AM »

DR Jose -- cook books should NOT be ditched if you haven't used them in a month.  Books should be treasured, measured and used as needed...even if it's years between openings.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2007, 08:29:16 AM »

That was no dream - you HAVE been invited to be in a melodrama and you will be playing the Miller brothers and you will get hanged at the end.  It's called Plaid Hangings - I'm quite looking forward to it.
;D ;D ;D

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2007, 08:29:25 AM »

TOD - Bryn Terfel's We'll Keep a Welcome - The Welsh Album is one of my favorites and most frequently played on my iPod.  Especially "Cwm Rhondda" and "Hyfrydol."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2007, 08:30:25 AM »

I'm glad the Colts won the game yesterday.

I'm not particularly impressed with the game, however.  It was lackluster and dull.

As far as MVP goes, I'd have given it to the Colt defensive player who made an interception and scored a touchdown.  THAT was the play that made the game for the Colts.

As they said when Manning was named, any number of players qualified.  That Manning played respectably was apparently enough to seal the deal for him.

He's a great quarterback, don't get me wrong.  He was just okay yesterday, though.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2007, 08:30:28 AM »

OH!  And here's the book:

It's All Too Much: An Easy Plan for Living a Richer Life with Less Stuff
by Peter Walsh

*Of course, I didn't buy the book since I didn't want to add another book to my clutter right now.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2007, 08:31:53 AM »

[size=8]
Are You on the List?
[/size][/font][/color]

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2007, 08:32:08 AM »

From Edi:
I just got home from birthday festivities out of town with Greg's parents and visiting two of my Turner clients. Now I have on Puppy Bowl III on Animal Planet. It's half-time and the kitties are eating tinsel. That's making me a little nervous.

The puppy eating the little bell on a toy made me nervous.  Keith refused to watch 3 hours of puppies & I only got to watch a minute of the kittens & 15 minutes of the puppies.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up