Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: IN A MELLOW MOOD  (Read 45238 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:IN A MELLOW MOOD
« Reply #300 on: February 06, 2007, 06:39:56 PM »

{{{{{{{Larry}}}}}}}
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #301 on: February 06, 2007, 06:41:16 PM »

And one for m'shrooms.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #302 on: February 06, 2007, 06:42:18 PM »

As a matter of fact, that was the original short that had been planned... but the idea sort of mushroomed.

:) :) :)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #303 on: February 06, 2007, 06:43:16 PM »

Ok folks. You will be among the FIRST to see it. Here is the mascot for the next Super Bowl, to be held here in the Phoenix area:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #304 on: February 06, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »

I think it looks like it has leopard spots, and you all know how fond I am of leopard spots!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #305 on: February 06, 2007, 06:45:56 PM »

Good night, all!  I have to be out of the apartment early tomorrow morning.  Thank you all for the hugs and support.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #306 on: February 06, 2007, 06:47:54 PM »

DR Jose - what's in Memphis?

The Unified Professional Theatre Auditions - UPTAs for short.

www.upta.org

This will be my third of fourth year playing for them.  They went from a three-day to a four-day format last year, and since I was busy with Lestat, I was not able to play for them last year, so this will be my first time going four days in a row.  Thankfully, they guy who runs the auditions makes sure the days run smoothly and non-hectic-ly.

I will be playing for the grand-daddy - or is it grand-mammy? - of all theatre conferences in March in Atlanta: Southeastern Theatre Conference (SETCs).  And I've been playing for them for the past 15 years or so.

www.setc.org
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 06:53:41 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #307 on: February 06, 2007, 06:54:51 PM »

I will be playing for the grand-daddy - or is it grand-mammy? - of all theatre conferences in March in Atlanta: Southeastern Theatre Conference (SETCs).  And I've been playing for them for the past 15 years or so.

www.setc.org

Actually, since it is the South, I believe the correct term would be: "The Grand Dame off all theatre conferences".
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #308 on: February 06, 2007, 06:55:08 PM »

DR DAKOTA CELT,
You, my dear, are much hardier than I. I am a California girl living in Virginia. Normal winters I'm fine--I learned how to shop for a WARM coat (went up to Canada and a couple Canadians showed me what to look for) and now have most of the gear. But yesterday and today our temps and wind chill are the lowest they've been in 10 years, plus my house is drafty. I feel warmer today and even ran errands comfortably (thank God for my car's heated seats!). Also, this winter the temps have bounced around a lot--one day it's 70, then next it falls to 30. Much better when the temps are consistent. I do think a lot of it is knowing how to dress and having the right clothes. I need to invest in a warm hat.

LLBean has a cap with ear muffs.  You might find a hat with a scarf attached, I suggest wearing a second scarf as well.  Don't forget to wrap a scarf around your face and neck.  On really cold days I have one of those things that goes over your head and down your neck.  I used to have a face mask.  

Ginny

« Reply #309 on: February 06, 2007, 06:59:18 PM »

Thanks for the update, DR Jose!

I just did something I've never done before - sent an email, via her website, to Oprah.  Yesterday's show featured frump-to-glam makeovers and they did something that really annoys me.  At least 2 of the "befores" were wearing glasses and, of course, as "afters" they were not.  It really peeves me when our culture wants to frump somebody up, they put glasses on them and when they want to unfrump someone, off come the glasses.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #310 on: February 06, 2007, 07:00:30 PM »

Ok, I'll confess. This is the first time I've ever watched THE CLOSER and I like it a lot.  Oy! Now I guess I need to start from the beginning...

Jane

« Reply #311 on: February 06, 2007, 07:00:35 PM »

From elmore:
DR Jane, my dad is perking up in hospital.  I hope it continues.

Fluids will do that, glad to hear he is feeling better.   :)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #312 on: February 06, 2007, 07:02:00 PM »

Loved Frankie Laine, particularly his western songs:

Gunfight at the OK Corral
3:10 To Yuma
The Hanging Tree

Cillaliz

« Reply #313 on: February 06, 2007, 07:05:55 PM »

LLBean has a cap with ear muffs.  You might find a hat with a scarf attached, I suggest wearing a second scarf as well.  Don't forget to wrap a scarf around your face and neck.  On really cold days I have one of those things that goes over your head and down your neck.  I used to have a face mask.  

I have two words for you.....Cuddle Duds. Best long underwear for women you can get. They are thin but warm. The key is layers and covering all exposed skin outside.  Also keep your feel warm. It makes a huge difference. In the house put a throw blanket over you when you're sitting or on the couch. It makes a huge difference.

Jane

« Reply #314 on: February 06, 2007, 07:08:15 PM »

DR Ben, the hospice situation is fine with me.  I know it's the best thing for him now. What's tearing me apart is that no matter how much you think you're prepared, the reality hurts.  I weep for him and selfishly weep for myself.

I am grateful for all of my friends and very appreciative of their support.  

Hospice could give him fluids by IV at home before dehydration becomes a problem.  

True, you are never completely prepared, just more prepared.  

Jane

« Reply #315 on: February 06, 2007, 07:12:34 PM »

DerBrucer-Cool pic of the day.

Cillaliz-Yes, watch THE CLOSER from the beginning if you can.

Jeanne-I live in Cuddl Duds most of the year.  Here is a sample link to purchasing them on-line…. http://www.barenecessities.com/search.asp?drv=11968&mode=1&cm_mmc=GLSR-_-cuddl%20duds-_-CuddlDuds-_-A&source=GoogleA&term=CuddlDuds&gcid=S11853x026&keyword=cuddl%20duds

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #316 on: February 06, 2007, 07:14:37 PM »

...Will this California girl ever completely acclimate to cold weather???

Well, Jane may have had problems, but THIS California girl is managing just fine!  We've had sub-freezing temps all day here in Rehoboth Beach, and I walked both to and from work (about a mile each way) and found it bracing!

Jane

« Reply #317 on: February 06, 2007, 07:15:36 PM »

CP-Keith and I also loved Frankie Laine's western songs.

Jane

« Reply #318 on: February 06, 2007, 07:17:02 PM »

Rollin', rollin', rollin'.
Rawhide!
Hah! Hah!

Keep rollin', rollin', rollin',
Though the streams are swollen,
Keep them dogies rollin', rawhide.
Through rain and wind and weather,
Hell bent for leather,
Wishin' my gal was by my side.
All the things I'm missin',
Good vittles, love, and kissin',
Are waiting at the end of my ride.

Move 'em out, head 'em up,
Head 'em up, move 'em on.
Move 'em out, head 'em up:
Rawhide.
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in,
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out,
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in:
Rawhide!
Hah! Hah!

Movin', movin', movin',
Though they're disapprovin',
Keep them dogies movin', rawhide.
Don't try to understand 'em,
Just rope an' throw an' brand 'em.
Soon we'll be living high and wide.
My heart's calculatin',
My true love will be waitin':
Waitin' at the end of my ride.

Move 'em out, head 'em up,
Head 'em up, move 'em on.
Move 'em out, head 'em up:
Rawhide.
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in,
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out,
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in:
Rawhide!

(Rollin', rollin', rollin'.)
Hah!
Hah!
Rawhide.
Hah!

Ginny

« Reply #319 on: February 06, 2007, 07:27:40 PM »

DR Jane - there's a library parody of that song about the process we use to cull our collections.  It starts out "Weedin', weedin', weedin'..."
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #320 on: February 06, 2007, 07:31:26 PM »

And here it is:

The Weeding Song

And it's from Iowa!

Jane

« Reply #321 on: February 06, 2007, 07:31:54 PM »

Cute.

As of April 6 all the libraries in our county will be closed.  I think they are taking weeding to an extreme.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #322 on: February 06, 2007, 07:32:59 PM »

My dear he is on his way....

You are rigiht is how you dress and the knowledge that goes into it. Ironically, a gift I got as a high school graduation present at the time I thought it was odd until winter came. God was I thankful for the LONGJOHNS!!! NDSU is a large spread out campus.

It was a native Floridian who told me about wearing two pair of socks. But, then again, he lived in Germany for several years.

Jane

« Reply #323 on: February 06, 2007, 07:33:08 PM »

'night.

Ginny

« Reply #324 on: February 06, 2007, 07:33:25 PM »

Cute.

As of April 6 all the libraries in our county will be closed.  I think they are taking weeding to an extreme.

Oh, how sad.

Ginny

« Reply #325 on: February 06, 2007, 07:36:29 PM »

Well, I'm off to bed with visions of a snow day dancing in my head.

Yeah, in my dreams!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #326 on: February 06, 2007, 07:47:41 PM »

Larry, I know it's hard and there isn't much to say that doesn't sound cliched or worse. Having gone through it with my father in 1993 I do think that if the hospice care is good, it can be one of the best things to come out of all this. I'm a big fan of hospice care, having seen what it did for my father and my family. Even if/when you're ready for it, the passing still hurts but good hospice care (both emotional and physical) can make the hurt more understandable even though it doesn't take away the pain.

I agree with DR BEN. The best that can happen at this point is for your dad to have the best care and be kept comfortable. Hospice people are generally very caring and it will take a load off you and other family members. That may help to lessen family conflicts, which I think would be best for both you and your dad. Less stress for your dad may mean that he'll be with you a few months longer.

My best to you.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #327 on: February 06, 2007, 07:55:33 PM »

And here it is:

The Weeding Song

And it's from Iowa!

This is pretty darned funny!  I printed it and gave copies to our selectors. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #328 on: February 06, 2007, 07:55:59 PM »

Yikes! :o Did they run out of money??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #329 on: February 06, 2007, 07:58:31 PM »

DR JANE,
Thank you. You are quite right. I've resisted this last step--vanity! I've found that HOW you wrap the scarf makes a big difference. It's the wind that gets you.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up