Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down

Author Topic: LICORICE TWIST  (Read 54181 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:LICORICE TWIST
« Reply #480 on: April 17, 2007, 08:29:39 PM »

I watched Sunday's WITHOUT A TRACE when I went back downstairs. A fairly good episode though a rather obvious murderer, I thought. None of the other suspects would have made any sense as the killer.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #481 on: April 17, 2007, 08:29:48 PM »

I've never seen "Ishtar."  Should I?

That's a matter of peronal choice.

But I am interested in Jonathan Crombie's (Man In Chain) documentary, WAITING FOR ISHTAR.

http://waitingforishtar.wordpress.com/
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #482 on: April 17, 2007, 08:29:57 PM »

I have been smelling smoke all afternoon and evening.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #483 on: April 17, 2007, 08:32:07 PM »

I watched the last half hour of LAW & ORDER on TNT-HD leading up to prime time.

It was the episode about the undercover cops killed, as it turned out, by a black attorney who wanted justice for his stepson who had been gunned down (he thought unfairly) by those cops.

Cillaliz

« Reply #484 on: April 17, 2007, 08:33:50 PM »

Hmmm.. Me too!

Matt H.

« Reply #485 on: April 17, 2007, 08:34:17 PM »

Page Seventeen Harry Potter Dance!!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #486 on: April 17, 2007, 08:36:11 PM »

Anyone know if DR Michael Shayne is anywhere near Lake Worth or Ft. Lauderdale, FL? We just picked up two theatres there.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #487 on: April 17, 2007, 08:37:05 PM »

I just had an egg cream after dinner. Yummmm!

Matt H.

« Reply #488 on: April 17, 2007, 08:38:06 PM »

AMERICAN IDOL tonight:

My three favorite performances were Melinda, Phil (!), and Jordin, in that order.

Blake had a beautiful tone to his voice, but those falsetto notes were hit or miss for me. LaKisha also had pitch problems in the upper registers of her song. Chris Richardson's song was OK but nothing more.

Sanjaya was so horrible it defies description. And as he goes farther and farther into the contest and has started believing his publicity about his being an "entertainer," he has turned cocky and ridiculous. That outfit was silly looking (would pre-teens find that adorable?) But the singing, trying to do melisma with simply no ability to do so was PAINFUL to sit through. Ghastly is the only way to describe it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:39:36 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #489 on: April 17, 2007, 08:40:57 PM »

HOUSE had an intriguing episode, once again a near-impossible case to diagnose, and the solution incredible.

Matt H.

« Reply #490 on: April 17, 2007, 08:42:16 PM »

THE SHIELD, as always, had me on the edge of my seat as Vic demanded answers for the murder of his partner Lem and going to any lengths to get them. Teammate Ronnie had his biggest role to play in any episode for six years tonight, and it was a joy to see him meet the challenge. Love this show!

Matt H.

« Reply #491 on: April 17, 2007, 08:42:57 PM »

Tomorrow, I'll watch BOSTON LEGAL which I recorded tonight. I noticed we have the return of Jerry Espinson among other stories.

FJL

« Reply #492 on: April 17, 2007, 08:46:04 PM »

I'm confused and intrigued.  When MBarnum wrote. "I will certainly be wanting to eat some Indian while I am in NY!" - I assumed he was fully aware of his own entendre, double, single or otherwise, and thought it was quite amusing.

But some of the subsequent comments seem to react to it as if MBarnum didn't intend the joke.

Maybe there are more important things to be wodnering about, but this fascinates me for some reason.    

FJL

« Reply #493 on: April 17, 2007, 08:50:30 PM »

SwishySarah -  I thought about you a lot while watching the Tv coverage today.  Sending comfort vibes your way.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #494 on: April 17, 2007, 08:51:22 PM »

But before I leave, I feel I have to clarify something.......

"Pink" is indeed my exterior signature color ....shirts, socks, etc.  But as far as the under things.....I'm so masculine that you could just plotz!  And I know that is hard to believe.

der Brucer

Gratuitous image:

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #495 on: April 17, 2007, 08:53:57 PM »

Ms Saurus:

What genius did TNT get to do the CLOSER teasers for next season (with the "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone" soundtrack)

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #496 on: April 17, 2007, 08:59:04 PM »

God has a mother???

Guess you get hung up on that Hail Mary bead on your rosary.

der Brucer

Matt H.

« Reply #497 on: April 17, 2007, 09:01:00 PM »

Heading down to bed now.

Good night!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #498 on: April 17, 2007, 09:02:08 PM »

Sanjaya was so horrible it defies description. ......

;D
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #499 on: April 17, 2007, 09:08:12 PM »

Finally watching American Idol made me realize I haven't missed much, and made me wish I had waited even a few more weeks to tune in...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #500 on: April 17, 2007, 09:08:30 PM »

I'm confused and intrigued.  When MBarnum wrote. "I will certainly be wanting to eat some Indian while I am in NY!" - I assumed he was fully aware of his own entendre, double, single or otherwise, and thought it was quite amusing.

But some of the subsequent comments seem to react to it as if MBarnum didn't intend the joke.

Maybe there are more important things to be wodnering about, but this fascinates me for some reason.    

When somone pitches the ball, you swing at it!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #501 on: April 17, 2007, 09:09:55 PM »

Do they burn witches in Prescott?

der Brucer

or Harry Potter books?

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #502 on: April 17, 2007, 09:13:23 PM »

Thank you all for your vibes last night and today! It means so much to me and to everyone in the area dealing with this. Today was a good enough day, less scary because there wasn't as much of a shock factor, but much more sad because identites were finally released, and many people realized that they did in fact know someone who was injured, or worse. The university had a moment of silence to pay our respects to Tech, and at 9pm, there was a candlelight vigil that over half of the student body attended on one of the campus lawns. It's just so sad, and it's going to be a while before anyone feels completely at peace with the situation.

But, life goes on, and the living must keep doing as such, so that's what I've been doing. I'm so happy that I'm a musician, and that I get the pleasure of singing myself to death every day. Music is such a positive release of energy, and at the end of all of my rehearsals today, I couldn't help but feel so blessed to be able to spend my life doing this. My Chorale is performing a version of U2's "MLK" this weekend, and it now has much more significance, and I can't wait to live that experience.

In other positive news, I auditioned for the top choral ensemble on campus last night, The Madison Singers of JMU, and I got a callback! The director told me I had one of the best auditions he's seen in a while, and that he was really excited to hear my callback. I'm so happy!

I've read through most of the posts, and I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well. This week is going to be crazy for me (comme normale), as I have a choir concert tomorrow night, opera scene performances Thursday night, a speech presentation for my Communications class on Friday that's worth 60% of my grade, and a recital on Saturday in which I am performing 3 separate times. I hate to be a mushy "life is wonderful" type, but I really am grateful that I get to do all of this during the week...the current situation just makes me appreciate everything so much more!
...Walk in the sunshine...

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #503 on: April 17, 2007, 09:15:35 PM »

DR FJL, thank you! I appreciate it so much :D
...Walk in the sunshine...

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #504 on: April 17, 2007, 09:17:06 PM »

Do they burn witches in Prescott?

der Brucer

or Harry Potter books?

Well, as long as it is before the Early Bird special, anything might be fair game...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Edisaurus

« Reply #505 on: April 17, 2007, 09:25:32 PM »

What genius did TNT get to do the CLOSER teasers for next season (with the "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone" soundtrack)

When the head of TNT Originals on-air gets an "idea" and wants to "play", she gives herself a budget to do a big expensive image shoot like that and will turn out a spot or two a season, to the annoyance of my other two producers who do every other Closer spot and crank out stuff on a daily basis.

My producers come up with terrific ideas that get shot down, and then the dept. head submits her spots for awards. Kind of unfair to the guys doing most of the work, but what can you do? We have to stick to a "format" and aren't allowed to venture far from the designated formula.

Anyway, she's a friend of mine so I will pass on your compliments!

Edisaurus

« Reply #506 on: April 17, 2007, 09:28:19 PM »

~~~~~~~~~HUGS AND VIBES OF COMFORT TO DR SWISHY SARAH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #507 on: April 17, 2007, 09:29:58 PM »

Good Evening!

Well...  I got on the train at the 125th/Harlem Station.  Unfortunately, it was the wrong train.  I didn't realize there were two New Haven line trains a minute apart from each other.  Alas, the one I boarded was an "express" that did not stop at Westport.  So... I got off the train at Bridgeport, and then waited 45 minutes for train back to Westport - which was only 10 minutes away.  Fortunately, I had wanted to get to the theatre early, so I took an "earlier" train.  If I had taken the "later" train, I would not have made it to the theatre on time.  As it was, I arrived a few minutes just past the half hour call.

Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #508 on: April 17, 2007, 09:30:20 PM »

DR Cillaliz, if you send me a copy of your weather report, I can compress it and make a link for you to download. Then perhaps some Technically savvy person like our Cason can help you put it on YouTube, or else the DR's can click on the link to see it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #509 on: April 17, 2007, 09:31:19 PM »

Edi, let me know if you ever come to Fargo....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up