Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: THIS VERY DAY  (Read 57902 times)

singdaw

Re:THIS VERY DAY
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2007, 09:30:21 AM »

The drywall man is here.

Hurrah!

DR DearReaderLaura, you sure do a lot of entertaining!?!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2007, 09:30:39 AM »

CALLING DR JRAND!!

What does the DREAM-O-MATIC say about hearing music in a dream??

singdaw

« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2007, 09:31:29 AM »

I meant the furniture.

Consider yourself...part of the furniture.

Ginny

« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2007, 09:31:58 AM »

The hotel where I stayed in Tiffin this past weekend was populated by a rather large contingent of "little French boys."  We never did figure out why they were there, but we're pretty sure it wasn't for the American Association of University Women.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2007, 09:35:31 AM »

The hotel where I stayed in Tiffin this past weekend was populated by a rather large contingent of "little French boys."  We never did figure out why they were there, but we're pretty sure it wasn't for the American Association of University Women.

It must have been for the Future Rude Waiters of France competiton.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2007, 09:37:19 AM »

Separated at birth?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2007, 09:37:50 AM »

Oh, Lord! We'll hear from DR Francois about this one.

I need a hitman for the Macbeths.  My brother pisses me off again!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2007, 09:38:32 AM »

Or possibly, each was competing to become the next "Lu" in the "Le Petit Ecolier" cookie competition.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2007, 09:39:09 AM »

Separated at birth?

No-no....that would be the same individual.  ;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2007, 09:39:25 AM »

DETAILS, please....

singdaw

« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2007, 09:45:27 AM »

This is ME, dining at chez Levain - I left the garnish:

singdaw

« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2007, 09:54:08 AM »

He told me I'm perfect.

All the good quips have already been taken...

So all that's left to say is:   CONGRATULATIONS!    :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2007, 10:00:28 AM »

I can send them aunt vulture!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2007, 10:01:53 AM »

I agree Elmore, we will hear Francois concerning rude waiters... It will be downright interesting.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2007, 10:02:27 AM »

Well, DR DearReaderLaura, my numbers are "pharmaceutically-enhanced."
Mine too, and I still failed the test.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2007, 10:02:37 AM »

Voodoo?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2007, 10:03:47 AM »

I will be nice and wont brag about my numbers.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2007, 10:08:09 AM »

Can you say...curmudgeon?

;)

Not when it comes to "You Light Up My Life".
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2007, 10:08:41 AM »

Hypothetical Help for the Technically Challenged:

Would a region-free DVD player, hooked up to regular non-HD television in the US, be able to play a PAL-format foreign DVD?

:-\

Thanks!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2007, 10:08:58 AM »

I'm up, have answered e-mails, and am getting a late start on the day because I slept until nine-thirty, which apparently I really needed to do.  I awoke to bright, blue skies, after an evening of rain.

singdaw

« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2007, 10:09:28 AM »

Not when it comes to "You Light Up My Life".

How about "It's a Small World After All?"      :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2007, 10:09:33 AM »

The drywall man is here.

I guess the thrill is gone when there's no longer any anticipation.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2007, 10:14:47 AM »

How about "It's a Small World After All?"      :)

That one is tolerable when heard in the appropriate setting.  
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2007, 10:15:24 AM »

I haven't met an exploitation movie that I didn't like...and here are just a few examples of my favorites!

THE ISLAND OF LOST WOMEN

Any June Kenney movie...including HOT CAR GIRL...

The SCREAMING SKULL!!!

And that made in Florida favorite WILD WOMEN OF WONGO!!

Jennifer

« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2007, 10:15:31 AM »

THE AMAZING RACE SPOILERS from last night's show

RE: DR cillaliz's question about whether Danielle and Eric would have been eliminated if they had come in last (since they were marked for elimination).

This has never happened before, so i don't think anyone really knows for sure.  I don't think we usually see 2 non-elims in a row.

However i would speculate that they would NOT have been eliminated if they had come in last. As stupid as it sounds, non-elimination legs are planned in advance. So it would not be fair to have D&O not eliminated, while D&E would be in the same leg.

They often have non-elims after yields. So i guess they decided to just do this and hope they didn't look stupid (if D&E had finished last but not been eliminated).

I really thought last night's episode was going to be charla's quote, "well we're not all perfect" (referring to mirna).

The one thing at the start of the episode that bugged me was when they showed the times. Last week they showed C& M in a neck to neck race with danielle and eric. Yet the times showed that E&D were something like 2 1/2 hours behind them.

I am all for exciting good editing. But am i the only one who wants to see things as they really happen? I don't like words being taken out of context. And i don't want to see race to the finish that is only a race based on editing.

I have a feeling last night's race to the finish was not all that close either. I mean charla and mirna had to do the noodle task twice and mirna had trouble with her car. And that only put them 15 minutes behind eric.

So my bet is danny and oswald finished more than the few minutes behind the editing implied.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2007, 10:16:18 AM »

You couldn't ask for more beautiful weather here in the City of Brotherly Love today.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2007, 10:16:57 AM »

I must now get ready to hie myself to the airport! Dog and cat and house sitter is all taken care of and I must be on my way!

Hola! Will post from PDX if I can.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2007, 10:19:44 AM »

DETAILS, please....

I can't be too specific because it's all so related to income on the estate.  He's being quite difficult about everything, from the large loan my dad gave his company and my attempts to settle it amicably (oy!), and since Lady M is a liar as well as a lush, it's hard to know when they claim they're not receiving my emails ranging from travel dates to what I've been doing for the estate, how much is true and how much is a lie.

So, there's a small pension from a union to which my dad belonged of $6000 to be paid to the three of us.  We had to submit signed applications and a copy of our social security card for payment.  Last Monday, I was told by the union that the hold up was M, who didn't sign the application he sent in.  The union sent him another on April 10.  Last Monday, I sent my brothers an email stating this and asking if the application had been signed and returned.  Today, the union still hadn't received it, so I asked them to send the ass another.

Well, now he claims he signed it yesterday but he isnt sure it's been mailed.  And since the amount is so small, why should he bother? Well, first of all, since he tried to get me removed as executor, I feel it's only fair to my brothers to prove that I'm capable of fulfilling my estate obligations and if I have to sue for this tiny amount of money or for the large amount he owed my dad, well, it's all part of my job.

Lady M told my sister-in-law Jo that there's no proof of the company owing my dad anything, which means she probably destroyed the canceled check while he was staying with them.  I've asked his bank to send me his banking records from 2002 to 2006.  Oy!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 10:25:31 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »

NewYorker

Lady Be Good
A centenary season of Barbara Stanwyck.

by Anthony Lane
To suggest that Stanwyck never belonged in the first rank of screen beauties would be ungallant but true. To argue, however, that she lacked a ready supply of male victims would be demonstrable nonsense. She had cheekbones of a wicked cut and curve, archable eyebrows, and a nose whose beaky hauteur came in handy when she rose to playing the loftier classes, or, as in “The Lady Eve” (1941), slicing them to shreds. It was a face that launched a thousand inquisitions: the mouth too tight to be rosy, and a voice pitched for slang, all bite and huskiness. When I think of the glory days of American film, at its speediest and most velvety, I think of Barbara Stanwyck.

And my favorite line:
(Robert) Taylor was seduced by Ava Gardner, but in the movie industry that was like pulling into a gas station for an oil check.

A great 7-page read!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2007, 10:24:15 AM »

I must now get ready to hie myself to the airport! Dog and cat and house sitter is all taken care of and I must be on my way!

Hola! Will post from PDX if I can.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Safe Travel Vibes for DR MBarnum! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/move]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 10:24:36 AM by elmore3003 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19   Go Up