Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: THIS VERY DAY  (Read 57921 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:THIS VERY DAY
« Reply #360 on: April 23, 2007, 05:33:54 PM »

TOD

MOONLIGHTING WIVES - 1966
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #361 on: April 23, 2007, 05:34:16 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
to Jose, for a better day tomorrow.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #362 on: April 23, 2007, 05:34:30 PM »

DR Jose, we should be on the train right at 4 pm.  Should we meet you at the restaurant?  

DR Singdaw, can you join us for dinner?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #363 on: April 23, 2007, 05:35:02 PM »

I'm enjoying Ms. Ramirez on Grey's Anatomy...

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #364 on: April 23, 2007, 05:35:21 PM »

Tomorrow we are going out for Secretary's Amdinistrative Professional's Day.  Here's the thing that irks me, since I do all my own work, why am I helping to buy them lunch?  

Is it really?

Trust me, they probably don't want to go for lunch with you anyway. I mean, who wants to go for lunch with the bosses?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #365 on: April 23, 2007, 05:35:48 PM »

So...

Spamalot opened just over two years ago on Broadway.  The OCR has been out for almost the same amount of time.  The Vocal Selections have also been available for a while...

So, you are most definitely not the first person to come in with "Find Your Grail".  And don't be disappointed when you find out the people behind the table aren't impressed by the fact that you are actually going to perform the song.

...And, please, please, please, don't try to sound like Sara Ramirez when your voice and vocal range comes no where near Ms. Ramirez's instrument.

ooooooooh! bad day, huh?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #366 on: April 23, 2007, 05:35:53 PM »

Now, I must prepare some kind of meat item for DH.

Cillaliz

« Reply #367 on: April 23, 2007, 05:36:40 PM »

Is it really?

Trust me, they probably don't want to go for lunch with you anyway. I mean, who wants to go for lunch with the bosses?

They do....It's a free lunch and it was their idea.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #368 on: April 23, 2007, 05:37:29 PM »

The REAL boss gave them 3 hours of admin leave

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #369 on: April 23, 2007, 05:37:38 PM »

Heck, I just want to spill a cup of coffee on his shirt, and offer him a clean t-shirt.  A small, but clean t-shirt.

:)

No...you need to spill it in his lap!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #370 on: April 23, 2007, 05:39:08 PM »

I am noticing that the walls in my kitchen are becoming much less boring.

I'm pleased to hear that :), though I still don't understand why you paiinted boring colors in the first place.  Were you too rushed to do test samples?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #371 on: April 23, 2007, 05:39:12 PM »

So...

Why did "Meadowlark" make a comeback today?

Why did "Big News!" (from Parade) suddenly show up today?  Three times?  And how come it seemed that all three men learned it off the recording?  -And that's a LOT of notes to play too!

Why did I have back-to-back renditions of "Celebration" from Celebration?  -That's never happened before.

And, finally....

Why did that one girl keep singing the opening line of "People Will Say We're In Love" incorrectly?  -At least she was consistent when she started the next verse.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #372 on: April 23, 2007, 05:40:25 PM »

In ancient days, in winter, when the sun kept sinking lower in the sky....

George

« Reply #373 on: April 23, 2007, 05:40:37 PM »

Bingo!

But again, singers by sheet music so that they can learn their music.  Not so that a pianist can play it for them at their audition.  :-\

Jose, I used to take piano lessons and you will be proud to know that almost EVERY time that I've had a vocal audition (or performance), I've made absolutely sure that the pianist has music that is as easily playable as possible.  I've even double photocopied pages that have repeats and removed the repeat marks so that there would be no back page turning for the pianists.  I'm not a great singer, but I am good to the accompanists. ;D

« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 05:43:53 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #374 on: April 23, 2007, 05:40:47 PM »

Men started to wonder, if he could die.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #375 on: April 23, 2007, 05:40:58 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
to Jose, for a better day tomorrow.

Today wasn't bad.  Just frustrating.  And filled with mediocrity.

I blame the heat.

And, Thank You.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #376 on: April 23, 2007, 05:41:24 PM »

Look he said, the day is being eaten by the night, Look he said the darkness is devouring the light, and he was frightened.

Cillaliz

« Reply #377 on: April 23, 2007, 05:42:55 PM »

Some people say that today is the day, when the wind will rise and blow the world away, and it may be so, I just don't know all I know is up until we have to go...I want to celebrate, I want to make a celebration....

Or somthing like that,. it's been a long time since I played Potemkin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #378 on: April 23, 2007, 05:43:45 PM »

Jose, I used to take piano lessons and you will be proud to know that almost EVERY time that I've auditioned (and even performed), I've made absolutely sure that the pianist has music that is as easily playable as possible.  I've even double photocopied pages that have repeats and removed the repeat marks so that there would be no page turning for the pianists.  I'm not a great singer, but I am good to the accompanists. ;D

And then there are the singers who "over prepare" their music, and make sure there are no page turns for me.  In a nine page song.  So, I end up getting one, very long accordion fold of music precariously perched on the music stand of the piano.

Music comes in books.  Page turns happen.  Better to spend your time and money giving your music to another pianist before you go into your audition.  "So, can you read this?"
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #379 on: April 23, 2007, 05:44:38 PM »

They do....It's a free lunch and it was their idea.  

How rude.

Keith refused to "buy" into the day & rarely did anything special.  Yet he was such a great boss they all loved him anyway.  That is because he treated them with respect all year round.

Cillaliz

« Reply #380 on: April 23, 2007, 05:44:44 PM »

So do you prefer music in a binder in plastic pages or just the paper punched and put in the binder?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #381 on: April 23, 2007, 05:45:06 PM »

DR Jose, we should be on the train right at 4 pm.  Should we meet you at the restaurant?  

DR Singdaw, can you join us for dinner?

The restaurant is attached to the theatre.  Just call me when you get to Westport, and have the cab drop you off at the theatre.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #382 on: April 23, 2007, 05:46:22 PM »

And then there are the singers who "over prepare" their music, and make sure there are no page turns for me.  In a nine page song.  So, I end up getting one, very long accordion fold of music precariously perched on the music stand of the piano.

Music comes in books.  Page turns happen.  Better to spend your time and money giving your music to another pianist before you go into your audition.  "So, can you read this?"

I hate that, too!  I KNOW that one big nine-page piece of music can VERY EASILY fall off the piano.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #383 on: April 23, 2007, 05:46:33 PM »

So do you prefer music in a binder in plastic pages or just the paper punched and put in the binder?

I'm a fan of the plastic sheet protectors, but just plain-ole three-hole punched pages in a binder are good too.  As long as it's a good copy, then that's a good start.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #384 on: April 23, 2007, 05:47:13 PM »

Jose I’m sorry your day was frustrating, but it does make for entertaining reading. ;D

George

« Reply #385 on: April 23, 2007, 05:48:09 PM »

So...

Why did "Meadowlark" make a comeback today?

Why did "Big News!" (from Parade) suddenly show up today?  Three times?  And how come it seemed that all three men learned it off the recording?  -And that's a LOT of notes to play too!

Why did I have back-to-back renditions of "Celebration" from Celebration?  -That's never happened before.

And, finally....

Why did that one girl keep singing the opening line of "People Will Say We're In Love" incorrectly?  -At least she was consistent when she started the next verse.  :-\

Maybe they all had the same voice teacher? ::)

George

« Reply #386 on: April 23, 2007, 05:48:51 PM »

I'm enjoying Ms. Ramirez on Grey's Anatomy...

I do too, but I DON'T like what they're doing with George and Izzy.  It's just wrong. :P

Jane

« Reply #387 on: April 23, 2007, 05:49:35 PM »

Finally, a lovely sunny day!  Since we couldn’t go anywhere on Keith’s birthday, and today is the 41st anniversary of our becoming a couple (also our official first date), we took Sherlock into town for a walk and then had lunch along the creek.  

During lunch the manager, or owner, of the restaurant came outside to say hello to Sherlock and comment on how much he has grown.  He also said the town has plans to incorporate the outside walkway, which includes the outside dining areas for a row of restaurants & a weekend seasonal artisan fair, into Lithia Park.  Lithia Park doesn’t permit dogs.  One restaurant along there already has banned dogs, they blame the health department (not Jose).  If the day comes that we can no longer enjoy outdoor seating with Sherlock we just might up and move to a more dog friendly town.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #388 on: April 23, 2007, 05:50:02 PM »

I hate that, too!  I KNOW that one big nine-page piece of music can VERY EASILY fall off the piano.

And then there was the young gentleman who was in the second group...  He brought in a nice arrangement of "Real Live Girl".  A sort of up tempo.  Alas, all of his pages were "loose", and printed on "cheaper", flimsy copy paper.  I ended up grabbing a couple of the pages and placing them on top of the piano so that I could read them - and so that they would not keep falling off - while he was singing, while I was playing.

Alas, he seemed to oblivious to my efforts to ensure that he had a good audition (experience).  -And he also had the rest of his "book" with him.  In a binder.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #389 on: April 23, 2007, 05:51:06 PM »

Finally, a lovely sunny day!  Since we couldn’t go anywhere on Keith’s birthday, and today is the 41st anniversary of our becoming a couple (also our official first date), we took Sherlock into town for a walk and then had lunch along the creek.  

Congratulations! ;D
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19   Go Up