Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: THIS VERY DAY  (Read 57919 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THIS VERY DAY
« Reply #390 on: April 23, 2007, 05:52:42 PM »

I do too, but I DON'T like what they're doing with George and Izzy.  It's just wrong. :P

I'm ok with it right now...it depends where it goes next...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #391 on: April 23, 2007, 05:53:46 PM »

Did anyone mention that today is Shakespeare's birthday?  I think I may watch a play on DVD.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #392 on: April 23, 2007, 05:55:43 PM »

Thanks George.

Jose-Did you do your usual & make suggestions after the auditions, or did you decide it was hopeless today?

Cillaliz

« Reply #393 on: April 23, 2007, 05:56:21 PM »

Page 14 George and Callie dance

Cillaliz

« Reply #394 on: April 23, 2007, 05:57:25 PM »

George, I'm starting to think that maybe Callie is too good for George...not you...George O'Malley.

Cillaliz

« Reply #395 on: April 23, 2007, 05:58:02 PM »

OMG! I've become addicted to Grey's Anatomy

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #396 on: April 23, 2007, 05:58:23 PM »

Jose I’m sorry your day was frustrating, but it does make for entertaining reading. ;D

:)

Thanks, DR Jane.

It was just a weird/bad day from the start.  The casting director's assistant had told me and the casting director that today's session ran from 10:00-6:00.  Hmm... Normally, an EPA at Equity will run from 9:00-5:00, or 9:30-5:30.  Never 10:00-6:00.  (They usually start shutting down the lounge at 5:30.)  Nope, we're running from 10:00-6:00 on Monday.  So...

My train downtown was running very slow, so I didn't get to the audition until about 9:52.  I wasn't late, just a little closer to the start time than I usually like...

Are you set to go?  Or do you need a second to get settled
"Just give Jose a second, and then you send in the first group."
OK - The first couple of groups are pretty light, so you should be able to catch up.

-I played my first audition at 9:55am.  Whew!

Hmm...

Well, after a couple of groups went...

"Were we supposed to start at 9:30 instead?"
Yeah, I'm sorry.  I had the times wrong.
-And don't worry about it, my train was late too.
"Oh, OK."

And the day just kind of went from there.  We did "catch up" within the first hour, and lunch seemed to come sooner rather than later.  That's always nice.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #397 on: April 23, 2007, 05:58:55 PM »

Ok, so they are really going to play Bingo on TV?  That's just wrong.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #398 on: April 23, 2007, 05:59:44 PM »

Maybe they all had the same voice teacher? ::)

Well, that would explain the bad diction and pitchiness.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #399 on: April 23, 2007, 06:01:27 PM »

A Chair on the dance floor, I'm having flashbacks to Tucker Carlson!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #400 on: April 23, 2007, 06:02:39 PM »

Thanks George.

Jose-Did you do your usual & make suggestions after the auditions, or did you decide it was hopeless today?

I made a few along the way.  But, frankly, I was a bit snippy, and basically kept my mouth shut since I knew I would come across as "not helpful". :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #401 on: April 23, 2007, 06:05:13 PM »

Jose many a person would have spoken anyway.  You are a smart man.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #402 on: April 23, 2007, 06:07:19 PM »

George, I'm starting to think that maybe Callie is too good for George...not you...George O'Malley.

She probably is, but he seemed to have just gotten over all his issues with Meredith and then he tries REAL HARD to fix things with Callie, and then ALL OF A SUDDEN he's interested in Izzy and totally blowing off Callie??  He's never been that much of a jerk and T.R.'s not playing him as a jerk.  For me, it's the writing that's going in the wrong direction. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #403 on: April 23, 2007, 06:09:54 PM »

...At least I was done at 5:30 instead of 6:00... And there were two or three "WOW!" auditions today too.  Those are always nice.  And, sadly, much to rare nowadays.

To celebrate my "early dismissal", I walked from 46th up to 74th, stopped into Levain (Chocolate Chip Walnut - although, I really wanted their Artichoke Heart and Gruyere Thin Crust Pizza, which they were sold out of for the day), then proceeded to walk up to 96th to catch the 1 Train the rest of the way uptown.

OH!  And the abuelita who sells tamales had tamales dulce today! They were died a bright red/pink - almost like a red beet, and had raisins.  Paired with one puerco con chile verde, they made for a very satisfying dinner.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #404 on: April 23, 2007, 06:12:05 PM »

It about made me gag! :P

The whole show did that to me.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #405 on: April 23, 2007, 06:12:23 PM »

Jose many a person would have spoken anyway.  You are a smart man.

Frankly, knowing how "sensitive" some of the actors and actresses are, they probably would have gone right around the corner to complain.

...And don't get me started on the fact that the two strings on the piano that were replaced two weeks ago, still have not been retuned and regulated since then.  Your Equity dues at work!

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #406 on: April 23, 2007, 06:13:02 PM »

She probably is, but he seemed to have just gotten over all his issues with Meredith and then he tries REAL HARD to fix things with Callie, and then ALL OF A SUDDEN he's interested in Izzy and totally blowing off Callie??  He's never been that much of a jerk and T.R.'s not playing him as a jerk.  For me, it's the writing that's going in the wrong direction. :-\

Well, the getting drunk and sleeping with someone inappropriate to get over someone else is pretty much a theme of the show.  Izzy and George were very good friends before they ended up in bed.  The last episode could be mending the friendship and not more than that - depending on where it goes from here.  I think Callie was a total rebound for George and I will be surprised if they last no matter what happens with George and Izzy

Jane

« Reply #407 on: April 23, 2007, 06:14:29 PM »

Keith’s mother is finally out of ICU.  She still has an IV & isn’t permitted liquids or food, maybe tomorrow. The pain meds have been reduced from every 3 hours (no wonder she was so loopy) to every 6 hours.  She sounds much better  , although I think she will miss the extra attention from the ICU nurses.  

She said there are lots of windows in her room, which is exceptionally nice after so many days in a room with no windows and lights on all the time.  She has a TV and the phone is attached to the bed.  She answered right away when we called.  We really timed it well, within minutes of her getting settled into her new bed.

Thanks again for all the vibes.

Ginny

« Reply #408 on: April 23, 2007, 06:14:32 PM »

Well, just as long as you don't come across any Marcelled hairs in your potato chips...

:o

:P  Probably why the terminology didn't catch on in the potato chip industry.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #409 on: April 23, 2007, 06:14:36 PM »

Sheesh, it really does sound like I had bad day.  I really didn't.  I'm just constantly amazed at the repeated stupidity some people in the business exhibit.  -And they continue to wonder why they haven't received even a call back in a year... or two... or five... or ten... or... :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #410 on: April 23, 2007, 06:14:40 PM »

The whole show did that to me.

Oh, I was referring to the version of Don't Cry for Me Argentina on Dancing with the Stars

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #411 on: April 23, 2007, 06:15:05 PM »

They do....It's a free lunch and it was their idea.  

Oh, well, then, what do I know? It's not like anyone takes me out for lunch on secretary's day.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #412 on: April 23, 2007, 06:15:51 PM »

Keith’s mother is finally out of ICU.  She still has an IV & isn’t permitted liquids or food, maybe tomorrow. The pain meds have been reduced from every 3 hours (no wonder she was so loopy) to every 6 hours.  She sounds much better  , although I think she will miss the extra attention from the ICU nurses.  

She said there are lots of windows in her room, which is exceptionally nice after so many days in a room with no windows and lights on all the time.  She has a TV and the phone is attached to the bed.  She answered right away when we called.  We really timed it well, within minutes of her getting settled into her new bed.

Thanks again for all the vibes.

:)

Would she like a cookie from Levain?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #413 on: April 23, 2007, 06:16:34 PM »

Oh, well, then, what do I know? It's not like anyone takes me out for lunch on secretary's day.

LOL, me either...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #414 on: April 23, 2007, 06:16:37 PM »

Aside from The Last Picture Show, did Timothy Bottoms ever give a good performance - he's certainly terrible in this Pakula film.

Jane

« Reply #415 on: April 23, 2007, 06:17:36 PM »

Jose :).  If only she could eat, and when she can eat again be permitted nuts on her diet.

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #416 on: April 23, 2007, 06:18:10 PM »

Hey guys! Sorry, I have been "under the weather" for a couple of days, but have made a miraculous recovery in the last several hours. Count me in for tomorrow evening!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #417 on: April 23, 2007, 06:19:04 PM »

Glad CDs are arriving.

I myself received a rather large and imposing package from Brazil today - I'd forgotten it was coming.  And in this package, sent by a friend who now lives there, were a whole slew of DVDRs of films that are simply not available anywhere else.  But not only are they DVDRs, they are all 16x9 anamorphic transfers - while the few that I've sampled are not quite up to DVD standards, a few of them are better than transfers made by certain companies - all of them are sharp and more than acceptable - frequently excellent.  Some of the titles are Pepe (looks incredible), Freud, The List Of Adrian Messenger, Commanche Station, Ride Lonesome, Mickey One, These Are The Damned, Lost Horizon (the musical), Good Neighbor Sam, and the one I'm watching now, Alan Pakula's Love and Pain and The Whole Damn Thing, which I've never been able to see before.  There are others, too, such as Once More With Feeling, The Running Man, Interlude, The Pumpkin Eater, Sunrise At Campabello, and Bowhani Junction.  Fun, huh?

Oh my God!  Armageddon
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #418 on: April 23, 2007, 06:19:51 PM »

Good news about DR Jane's mother-in-law.  Continued get-well vibes for her.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #419 on: April 23, 2007, 06:20:55 PM »

He Bretty,  I'm sorry you were sick, glad you are feeling better and in time for tomorrow night.  Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Up