Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: MORE ABOUT THAT LATER  (Read 79153 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:MORE ABOUT THAT LATER
« Reply #300 on: April 24, 2007, 05:58:35 PM »

I'm so glad we have a new episode of "Lost" to look forward to.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #301 on: April 24, 2007, 05:58:47 PM »

Page 11.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #302 on: April 24, 2007, 06:10:13 PM »

I first started online back in 1993, there was no world wide web, but there was AOL and I joined. I remember when it went from just words to words an pictures too.  

During the OJ trial I was a regular on the Court TV boards on AOL.  I was kicked off when I told everyone that COASTDA was Josh Marquis.  The idiot was telling everyone when he was on Court TV so it isn't like it was tough to figure out. He was an arrogant pr....osecutor and it was worth getting kicked off.   The next day I used a different credit card, changed my screen name and was right back on.

Cillaliz

« Reply #303 on: April 24, 2007, 06:14:04 PM »

Aol is easy to get on but very hard to get off.  Every once in awhile I get a free trial and think "I'll check out AOL" but it's a royal pain when I decide to cancel. You have to call and they won't just let you quit.  The last time I had to get very stern and use some words that shouldn't be used in polite company

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #304 on: April 24, 2007, 06:14:10 PM »

I'm off to see Carl Rosa Opera and Pirates of Penzance!  Back in December, I bought my family tickets for Christmas and even getting them that long ago, we were still stuck in the first two rows on the very left side. :P But at least we get to see it. :) It'll be great!  I can't remember the last time that I actually bought a ticket to see something at the Washington Center!  I usher so much that I get to see anything that I want...for the most part.  It'll be weird being there but not "working."

Have a good evening, all! ;D

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 06:17:49 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #305 on: April 24, 2007, 06:14:57 PM »

We have had almost 2 inches of rain today. So much it landslide that blocked the railroad track and part of I-29 for awhile.

Cillaliz

« Reply #306 on: April 24, 2007, 06:15:13 PM »

It's going to rain tonight and tomorrow morning too

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #307 on: April 24, 2007, 06:18:30 PM »

Aol is easy to get on but very hard to get off.  Every once in awhile I get a free trial and think "I'll check out AOL" but it's a royal pain when I decide to cancel. You have to call and they won't just let you quit.  The last time I had to get very stern and use some words that shouldn't be used in polite company

Next time we'll just get my son to send a mail bomb for you.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #308 on: April 24, 2007, 06:19:11 PM »

Well I didn't go to the lunch!   I thought about it and decided that it wasn't my idea, no one asked me if I wanted to pick up half the tab, even though I know it would have been expected, I've done my own work for 2 years and they have been royal pains in the butt for about that long.  I had a motion and brief to write and file, so I just told them that I didn't have time and they could go on without me. When the biggest pain in the office said "Well you can work later and go too" I said "NO, I TOLD YOU I'M NOT GOING"

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 06:20:29 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #309 on: April 24, 2007, 06:25:11 PM »

Then I found out that the other lawyer doesn't have to take any of my nasty cases - the ones he dumped on me.  Two lawyers are going to drive all the way from Des Moines to cover them. That's a 3 1/2 hour drive each way everytime there is a court hearing. The other lawyer doesn't even have very many cases! I said something to one of the secretaries and she said "Well you're a strong woman and around here the one who cries the most gets his way"   The sad thing is she's right. I am so glad I'm leaving. But I'd rather be considered the strong woman who doesn't play well with others than a 50 something male cry baby .

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #310 on: April 24, 2007, 06:25:54 PM »

Good for you Cilla!

Cillaliz

« Reply #311 on: April 24, 2007, 06:26:33 PM »

End of rant.

Jane

« Reply #312 on: April 24, 2007, 06:28:17 PM »

I was talking about your first post.  The second one is sad.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #313 on: April 24, 2007, 06:37:28 PM »

I was talking about your first post.  The second one is sad.  

Yeah, I guess it's sad, but now that I really see what's going on, it's really more pathetic than anything.  Every day something happens that tells me I am absolutely doing the right thing by leaving.  

Today it made me so happy I walked to court and back carrying my umbrella in the rain while singing "Singing in the Rain"  I added a couple dance steps and twirlled the umbrella a few times.  Then I went to the grocery store and they had dixieland music playing. I danced all the way through the grocery store. LOL, if people just danced through the day they would feel so much better...

Cillaliz

« Reply #314 on: April 24, 2007, 06:39:46 PM »

I ran into one of the prosecutors I work with at the grocery store. I said "Aren't these great tunes? They make me want to dance"  He strained to listen then grinned and said , "Yeah, I guess"   I think he was amused

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #315 on: April 24, 2007, 06:45:10 PM »

NOw I know it is too warm in this library to work

I am working on a project that is involving verifying old NDSU extension service publications and just misread frozen teats as frozen treats...  Back to the grind!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #316 on: April 24, 2007, 06:51:57 PM »

You were reading a book about frozen teats?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #317 on: April 24, 2007, 07:04:04 PM »

yep!   I had to locate the book... Pretty picture!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #318 on: April 24, 2007, 07:05:34 PM »

;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #319 on: April 24, 2007, 07:06:03 PM »

my reading has ranged from majestic mums to managing pastures and frozen teats

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #320 on: April 24, 2007, 07:06:31 PM »

there is even one iwth the title of : How to load your bull!

Jane

« Reply #321 on: April 24, 2007, 07:06:40 PM »

I now have my hotel room for the last night in Pittsburgh.  With a 6:00AM flight I will stay near the airport.  I just got a really good deal at a Comfort Inn.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #322 on: April 24, 2007, 07:09:40 PM »

THe first website I went to......

Was in 1993 and it was a site for graphics called Iconbazaar.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #323 on: April 24, 2007, 07:12:07 PM »

I've just caught up on yesterday's posts.

I appreciate DR Jose's preparedness to share his world.

I also enjoy the fact that DR JOse is sharing his experiences in the theatre.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #324 on: April 24, 2007, 07:12:23 PM »

Well I didn't go to the lunch!   I thought about it and decided that it wasn't my idea, no one asked me if I wanted to pick up half the tab, even though I know it would have been expected, I've done my own work for 2 years and they have been royal pains in the butt for about that long.  I had a motion and brief to write and file, so I just told them that I didn't have time and they could go on without me. When the biggest pain in the office said "Well you can work later and go too" I said "NO, I TOLD YOU I'M NOT GOING"

No, it's And I am telling you, I'm not going.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #325 on: April 24, 2007, 07:26:54 PM »

'night

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #326 on: April 24, 2007, 07:27:52 PM »

Maybe we can blame this evening's lull on the two Haines-Get-Togethers happening on either coast.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 07:28:58 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #327 on: April 24, 2007, 07:47:22 PM »

Maybe we can blame this evening's lull on the two Haines-Get-Togethers happening on either coast.

Hopefully it will pick back up later when everyone gets home.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #328 on: April 24, 2007, 07:52:56 PM »

Oh, no wonder it's so quiet around here.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #329 on: April 24, 2007, 07:57:21 PM »

I am still at work... back to the cows!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up