Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO POOPED TO POP  (Read 80406 times)

Ginny

Re:TOO POOPED TO POP
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2007, 09:31:06 AM »

My question for ASK BK Day (and all other DR's):

Have you ever seen a UFO?

Thanksgiving night, 1977.  Driving back from Indianapolis to Middletown, OH, my father swore he saw one in a cornfield along  Ohio Route 122.  We pulled off and watched until my mother and I convinced him otherwise, but I'm still not so sure....
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2007, 09:34:04 AM »

Oh....65 days and counting!

I worked with a woman who retired about 10 years ago and I remember seeing that she had written on her big desk calendar...425...424...423...422, etc., etc., etc. (a King and I reference ;)).  She had actually (and accurately) figured her retirement date more than a year before she actually left. ;D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 09:54:16 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2007, 09:34:46 AM »

DH Richard and I will arrive in NYC on the 28th.

DR Ginny, how long will you be here?  I am flying to Chicago on the 29th.   :(
Then back to NY on Sun the 1st.  Then on to DR Cillaliz's neck of the woods [I think] on the 3rd or 4th of July.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #123 on: April 25, 2007, 09:36:29 AM »

That is all.

MOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BABY, ITS COLD OUTSIDE!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2007, 09:36:50 AM »

JRAND,
I just emailed said friend. At the time he told me about the UFO I was too stunned to ask questions, so now I'm askin'!  I'll pass on what he tells me, whenever he tells me. (He has a trip to France coming up and I don't remember the dates.)

Ginny

« Reply #125 on: April 25, 2007, 09:37:49 AM »

DR Ginny, how long will you be here?  I am flying to Chicago on the 29th.   :(
Then back to NY on Sun the 1st.  Then on to DR Cillaliz's neck of the woods [I think] on the 3rd or 4th of July.

We'll take the train to NYC from Washington, DC, on the morning of the 28th and stay until the evening of July 2.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #126 on: April 25, 2007, 09:41:05 AM »

I occasionally give Zach frozen TREATS - those ice cream cups for dogs?  It's not actually ice cream; just some sort of protein-based concoction.  But I wonder if he would like frozen TEATS just as well?  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #127 on: April 25, 2007, 09:42:15 AM »

Depending on what you define as a UFO???

Aliens no....

Flying cows, yes
Unidentified flying objects sailing through the air at some unsuspecting person yes.... However they are later identified as things ranging from rubberbands to clothes to food...

BTW, any rumours of me being involved in food fights are wildly exaggerated!

Strangest flying object.....  Cow dung!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

singdaw

« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2007, 09:43:13 AM »

We'll take the train to NYC from Washington, DC, on the morning of the 28th and stay until the evening of July 2.

OK.  Hoping there will be a NYC H/K reunion at some point in there...   :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2007, 09:43:49 AM »

only on Doctor who and Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2007, 09:45:40 AM »

Never in the sky - but several here at haineshisway.com. 8)

DUCKS!!!

::peaks out from out behind the computer chair ::::

Sheesh that was close.... Singdaw, control that UFO of yours! LOL

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2007, 09:45:46 AM »

Interested in the answers, DR JEANNE.

How did you convince him, DR GINNY?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 09:46:05 AM by JRand56 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2007, 09:46:47 AM »

Blech!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2007, 09:46:50 AM »

DR SINGDAW - Holly the zaftig Shar-pei who is no longer with us used to love those frozen treats!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2007, 09:47:11 AM »

Ben

« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2007, 09:47:20 AM »

Question - for BK or DRs Jose, Elmore, Ben, FJL...

How does one go about arranging to attend a

Staged Reading

such as this?  It runs June 20-28, and DH Richard and I will arrive in NYC on the 28th.

It depends on if the reading is open to the public. Even though they publicize the reading it may not be an open reading. If it's open to the public it's just a matter of making reservations or purchasing tickets.

If it's not a public reading, then you have to "know" someone. I do not know anyone involved but perhaps our better connected brethren, especially Jose, Fred (and the lovely Skip) or Larry may be able to help you.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2007, 09:47:28 AM »

Page Four Flying Saucer Dance.  8)

There is actually a restaurant in Fargo called Space Aliens.

Ginny

« Reply #137 on: April 25, 2007, 09:47:58 AM »

How did you convince him, DR GINNY?

I think one of us whined about needing to use a "convenience."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: April 25, 2007, 09:48:23 AM »

The Angel and Nicky Show!!!

They could be the new Donny and Marie (Nicky's hairy enough)

Come to think of it, so is Angel.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2007, 09:48:47 AM »

My take on last night's "Idol":

Too much self-serving verbal diarrhea from Ryan Seacrest about the "gives back" aspect.  There's a 20hour show decoted to it tonight, for pity's sake.  Why cram it down our throats during what was SUPPOSED to be a competition night?

Best performances of the night:  Phil Stacy, Melinda, Dolittle, Jordin Sparks.

Chris was pretty good.  Lakisha wasn't bad.  The opening of her song was shaky, but she delivered the goods in the end.  I'm not so attached to Fantasia's version of anything that I couldn't appreciate Lakisha's vocal.

Blake's was the weakest.  Song wasn't right for his meager voice.  Arrangement was simple, but it required more power.  I was very disappointed Blake was doing this song...it required the vocal skills of someone like Melinda to make it really work well.

Goning home tonight?  NOT A CLUE.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 09:54:05 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #140 on: April 25, 2007, 09:48:55 AM »

Peter Filichia has posted a review of All About Us

Filichia[/color]

The Shakepaeare on Boaodway Quiz at the same link is fun!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ben

« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2007, 09:50:38 AM »

I'm meeting a friend in midtown after work today. We will sup at the Manhattan Junior's and then he will see a show. I plan on going uptown early. I will stop in at the Equity office to see if there are free tickets for Journey's End. If so, I will go to the theatre also (my friend is not seeing Journey's End tonight). If not, after dinner, I will walk home (it's a nice day/evening) in lieu of riding the bike.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2007, 09:51:02 AM »

Hello, DR DakotaCelt.

See what lunacy your late night musings have inspired.

By their fruits, they shall be known.

:)

By the end of the night I had chainsaws, water thingies and batteries....

I wonder what I will come across tonight?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2007, 09:53:41 AM »

No...but I've always wanted to. ::)

And just yesterday, I read this article:  Scientists Find Most Earth-like Planet yet!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2007, 09:54:06 AM »

Even though it is after 6:30 a.m. here in Tacoma, I am not at work.  Nor have I showered nor have I dressed.  I seem to be suffering a major emotional meltdown this morning.  In addition, not one, but both of the kids are sick this morning.

Go shopping at International Jock.

They even have "manly" stuff for MusicGuy:

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2007, 09:54:50 AM »

Who shot JR?

Sue Ellen....but, sssshhhh-h-h....don't tell anyone.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2007, 09:56:12 AM »

That is the title of my new self help book:

How Long Do You Cook Your Collards?

In my pressure cooker, I let it go for about 5 minutes (after it has a head of steam), and then I turn the eye off and let the pot just "sit" until the pot releases the pressure on its own.

Ginny

« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2007, 09:57:22 AM »

Thanks, DR Ben, for the insights.  Maybe one of the others will chime in, too.  Hope you don't get caught in the rain in midtown tonight.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2007, 09:59:18 AM »

Happy Birthday DR Joey.

We have LOST on here at 7pm (although i won't be home). But i really want to watch it.  I'll probably watch some of the IDOL show and record some of it (will the elim be at the end or will they scatter parts throughout the show).

I think jordin and melinda are safe. But everyone else could go. I am especially worried about blake.

It seems like phil is now popular again, which i don't get. I can't remember seeing someone in the B2 week after week, and then all of a sudden the most popular.  He does seem really nice though.

I would guess Chris or Lakisha would go. As long as it's not blake i don't care.

You know, Taylor Hicks was NEVER in the bottom two or three...and yet there were several Hicks performances that were dreadful.  

Phil could very well sail into the top two, IMO.  He really connected with the viewers last week....and last night he was even better.    I am definitely excited by the prospect of hearing what he sings next.   If he's smart, he could really soar.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2007, 10:00:49 AM »

I occasionally give Zach frozen TREATS - those ice cream cups for dogs?  It's not actually ice cream; just some sort of protein-based concoction.  But I wonder if he would like frozen TEATS just as well?  

Not sure...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up