Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW MOWN HAY  (Read 78127 times)

Cillaliz

Re:NEW MOWN HAY
« Reply #270 on: April 26, 2007, 04:11:42 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR JENNIFER~!!!!!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #271 on: April 26, 2007, 04:11:46 PM »

Good Evening!

Greetings from the Green Room.

There's nothing like a train ride to make one feel sleepy...  I want to take a nap now.

In any case...

Nothing a nice espresso couldn't cure.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #272 on: April 26, 2007, 04:12:33 PM »

Happy Birthday DR Jennifer!

I hope you have a lovely day full of friends and surprises!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #273 on: April 26, 2007, 04:13:12 PM »

I couldn't sleep, so I painted the bathroom. I mixed the very boring light shade of blue with the kitchen blue to make a custom color.

and what did we get?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #274 on: April 26, 2007, 04:15:13 PM »

For the RECORD, Dear Ones:

My page 4 post (i.e. #98) did not put "me" into Cinemascope.  I had no idea what folks were talking about.

The hints about the post # didn't register, either.  Just come out and tell me, "Ron, your damned graphics have the rest of us in Cinemascope...can you please reduce the size!?

And I shall happily oblige one and all.

;D

Ron, your damned graphics have the rest of us in Cinemascope...can you please reduce the size!?

;)

-I really had no idea what was causing the Cinemascope since everything looked OK each time I checked the page.  I kept thinking it was just "one of those things" that happens from time to time.

No worries.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #275 on: April 26, 2007, 04:15:44 PM »

DR DearReaderLaura - Since you most likely have some "remnants" of paint sitting around, have you ever considered a some kind of faux-wall paint-treatment treatment?  I think you would enjoy some sponge painting.  And maybe the twins could come over and help you with that too.  You just dab here... then there... then there... And so on and so on and so on...

Or if you take a rag...

Etc., etc., etc.  (ah, a King & I reference)

It is kinda fun to do that. A friend of mine who has young kids, let them put the hands in paint and make handprints on the walls near the light switch and and few other spots in the bathroom. It turned out rather cute.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #276 on: April 26, 2007, 04:17:17 PM »

Nothing a nice espresso couldn't cure.

I may just settle for some green tea.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #277 on: April 26, 2007, 04:18:12 PM »

DR Jennifer. Tell them they don't need to cut the cake, just bring 8 forks!  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #278 on: April 26, 2007, 04:19:27 PM »

DR Jane, your family's troubles are not listening to us.  They are supposed to cease and desist...immediately.

;D ;D If only it were that easy....sigh... :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #279 on: April 26, 2007, 04:19:33 PM »

Here are the beginnings of my Lost Horizon remake choices - and I'm doing this as if I were producing what I hoped would be a first-class and excellent and interesting film musical.

Director: Francois Ozon
Writer: Patrick Marbar
Choreographer: Tommy Tune

In the Peter Finch role: Hugh Jackman
In the Bobby Van role: Noah Racey
In the Liv Ullman role: Naomi Watts
In the Olivia Hussey role: Ludivine Seigner
In the Sally Kellerman role: Jane Krakowski
In the George Kennedy role: Will Smith
Chang: Anthony Wong
The High Lama: Peter O'Toole

I agree with bk on the sally kellerman role with the casting of Jane Krakowski

In the GEorge Kennedy role, I can see Will Smith or Matt ashford

MBarnum

« Reply #280 on: April 26, 2007, 04:21:11 PM »

Lucille Ball.

Just thought I would say that to make everyone smile.

Because you KNOW if I was there with DRMBARNUM in Hollywood, John Wayne's footprints would be gone from the forecourt at Grauman's Chinese Theater!
[/quote

JRAnd and MBarnum...the new Lucy and Ethel!

Cillaliz

« Reply #281 on: April 26, 2007, 04:24:10 PM »

DR Laura, you were joking. But what would they do if we put the cake in the middle of the table and just dug our forks into it! :)

I should have read all the posts before I made my suggestion!  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #282 on: April 26, 2007, 04:26:05 PM »

So... I buy a copy of the New York Times to read on the train ride up to Westport... And as I'm going section by section, I realize that I've read it all before... Online.

:P
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #283 on: April 26, 2007, 04:26:17 PM »

Ben every time you mention Juniors, I think of the deli in West L.A.  

Jennifer-It’s sweet of your Aunt & Uncle to want you to have the guess purse.  I’m looking forward to hearing if you all “shared” the cake.

JRand-Good NO TORNADO vibes!

MBarnum

« Reply #284 on: April 26, 2007, 04:26:22 PM »

OH, spoo! I got my quotes screwed up.

Cillaliz

« Reply #285 on: April 26, 2007, 04:29:09 PM »

DR Cillaliz - the conference you're going to in Florida sounds like a great way to start the new phase of your career.

Thanks Ginny, I think so too, and with it only being 2 weeks before I leave my job, I'm more likely to remember what I learn long enough to actually use it  ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #286 on: April 26, 2007, 04:30:39 PM »

Well, we just got the half hour call, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #287 on: April 26, 2007, 04:31:22 PM »

Ron, your damned graphics have the rest of us in Cinemascope...can you please reduce the size!?

;)

-I really had no idea what was causing the Cinemascope since everything looked OK each time I checked the page.  I kept thinking it was just "one of those things" that happens from time to time.

No worries.

My damn graphics have been reduced in size.  Did it make a difference to page 4?  

:)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 04:31:41 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #288 on: April 26, 2007, 04:31:42 PM »

Cilla  ;D

Ginny-I also enjoyed Maisie Dobbs.  There are three more books which I keep forgetting to look for.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 04:32:51 PM by Jane »

Cillaliz

« Reply #289 on: April 26, 2007, 04:32:47 PM »

I sincerely hope she doesn't find herself going all these GREAT places if she isn't going to have some personal time to enjoy it.

I'm guessing the conference site of Disneyworld was selected so that spouses/kids might be able to travel.  I think that's cool....to an extent.

All work and no play makes EVERYONE a dull girl or boy....or other.

It's ok. At this point, I would rather go to class than play in Disney World.  Give me a few years, I'll make time to enjoy the places just as I did with my national criminal defense conferences.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #290 on: April 26, 2007, 04:33:50 PM »

JRand and MBarnum, the new Lucy and Ethel.

NOW I understand why JRand would be swiping John Wayne's footprints.

I may be slowing down, but I DO get there eventually.

Cillaliz

« Reply #291 on: April 26, 2007, 04:34:12 PM »

So... I buy a copy of the New York Times to read on the train ride up to Westport... And as I'm going section by section, I realize that I've read it all before... Online.

:P

LOL,. I've done that before, not with the NYT, but with a local paper

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #292 on: April 26, 2007, 04:35:52 PM »

OH, spoo! I got my quotes screwed up.

Usually, it's your screw ups quoted!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #293 on: April 26, 2007, 04:36:25 PM »

I am back from a wonderful lunch with Joe Morrison. Wow, at age 74 he looks better then I do at 43. I need to get to the gym.

WE ate at a nice place on W. Pico Blvd (1 block south of Overland) called LOUISE'S...good food. I had the tilapia special and Joe had a salad (he eats very healthy).

I left quite early to get over there and it was a good thing because I got very lost and ended up driving around Beverly Hills for about an hour...of course being lost in Beverly Hills is not so bad...such a pretty place! I had thought for some reason that Santa Monica Blvd intersected at an angle with Sunset Blvd....evidently I was wrong and that was my first mistake.

Eventually I stopped at a Firehouse in Beverly Hills...walked through the place saw the engines, went through the area where the firemen work out and even into an empty office...but the placed seemed deserted! I think those firemen were hiding from me! Evidently DR Elmore's all points bulletin must have gone out.

So instead I got help from a Verizon workman who was in front of the Fire Station and he directed me to Santa Monica Blvd (I was at Sunset and Beverly Glen, I think).

After a few more wrong turns after asking a few more directions at Walgreens and a couple of postmen/women (all of whom gave me the wrong directions!) I managed to find Pico...and the restaurant...got there exactly on time!

It was a fun adventure!

Cillaliz

« Reply #294 on: April 26, 2007, 04:40:10 PM »

Today was chimney sweep day. He remembered me climbing up on the roof with him. (Maybe it was the chorus of chim chimney I sang while we were up there, lol)   Anyway, the chimneys are clean enough but the cement on the top is cracking and water is getting in. So, he's coming back tomorrow and will patch the cement and give me chimney caps to stop the weather and critters from getting in.  So - I am now cleared to use the fireplaces.  Of course I have no desire to use them right now, but I am cleared to do it.

MBarnum

« Reply #295 on: April 26, 2007, 04:40:29 PM »

I wonder if Erik Estrada or Lorenzo Lamas have checked in yet?

Laurie should be here around 5pm then we are going to the convention place in the hotel to see what table she got (and then switch name plates with some other celebrity who has a better table.  8) )

Cillaliz

« Reply #296 on: April 26, 2007, 04:42:05 PM »

Each flu is getting one of these.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #297 on: April 26, 2007, 04:44:31 PM »

I realize that HHW is NOT the sports capital of the Internet, but does anyone here know where this photo is from or who the people are in this photo?  Someone sent it to me, thinking that I might know; but I haven't a clew.....

Anyone?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #298 on: April 26, 2007, 04:44:39 PM »

Happy birthday, Dear Reader Jennifer!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #299 on: April 26, 2007, 04:49:01 PM »

I couldn't sleep, so I painted the bathroom. I mixed the very boring light shade of blue with the kitchen blue to make a custom color.

I was wondering how the bathroom changed color overnight.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up