Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FAIRY PIPER  (Read 82466 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE FAIRY PIPER
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2007, 02:02:30 PM »

Back from the Courts show - the worst in memory.  More in a bit.

Tomovoz

« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2007, 02:17:45 PM »

I've just caught up with today but as it is tomorrow already I may have difficulty catching up with yesterday.

Supportive vibes for DR Danise and her Mother,
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2007, 02:18:19 PM »

Belated Birthday greetings for our DR from Canada - Jennifer.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2007, 02:23:27 PM »

TOTD:

I've been too busy being the tourist guide this week so no listening nor viewing.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2007, 02:25:27 PM »

All right, then - I've eaten an English Muffin and feel better.  I am on an English Muffin kick right now - every day I get up and kick the living daylights out of an English Muffin - it's ever so much fun - as are all these hyphens -

So, the Courts show was dreadful.  Very few people attending, at least compared to last time, which was also on a Friday.  His lineup this time around is the worst he's had in terms of name value.  Yes, he has Mickey Rooney and Henry Winkler, Tom Bosley, and Erin Moran, and yes, he's got Erik Estrada.  However, only one of those people had a line - can you guess?  That's right - Erik Estrada - who looks very strange and has a really big belly but really skinny legs.  I saw MBarnum and his ever-lovin' Laurie Mitchell.  Other celebs noted: Ed Lauter, Henry Silva, Deborah van Volkenberg, Seka, Michael Beck (not one person coming up to him), and a few more of that caliber and many of lesser caliber.  I'm so glad I didn't do this particular show.  Kevin Spirtas was supposed to do it, but he pulled out and will be doing the June show with me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: April 27, 2007, 02:25:44 PM »

Will we never get to page nine?

Tomovoz

« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2007, 02:26:25 PM »

I think I shall now return to sleep for an hour or so!
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2007, 02:27:32 PM »

The folks who put out The Creature Wasn't Nice were there, selling CDs.  Because I gave them that project for nothing, I do get to come home with lots of CDs for free, so that's always nice.  I got about fifteen interesting things today.  I visited with some dealer friends, but it was just a fairly dreary affair - I mean when Henry Winkler doesn't have a line, then I just don't know what.  I'm sure it will be more crowded tomorrow - unfortunately, the Happy Days folks won't be there.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2007, 02:28:15 PM »

Will we never get to page nine?

Yes, we will.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #219 on: April 27, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »

I'm going to head downstairs now to (ugh!) mop the kitchen floor. Then, I'll return to the movie MY GAL SAL. BTW, the Fox Movie Channel broadcast was not especially sharp, but the color looks good thus far. Still, there's a long way to go.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: April 27, 2007, 03:02:58 PM »

My goodness, is everyone taking a siesta?  I just had someone show up at my door - someone I hadn't seen for a couple of years.  Apparently, she was let go from her job and she wanted a shoulder to cry on.  I'm always weirded out by these sorts of things, but I was a good egg and listened.  She's calming down, and then I have some errands to do, so she'll have to vamoose.

Isn't that funny?  Two years go by without a peep, and then it's showing up at the door.  Weird.

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: April 27, 2007, 03:03:40 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Well, it looks like everything is working out.  And for the better too.

Oh My God You Guys~!  Is it ever going to work out better.  I went down to the new building and looked through the mail slot on the only office that could possibly be the one the leasing agent described.  It looks great!  I haven't seen all of it, but what I could see through the mail slot was about 10 times nicer than the other office. I am really looking forward to seeing the rest of it on Monday morning.  If the offices are even 1/2 as nice as the reception area, it will be perfect.

Cillaliz

« Reply #222 on: April 27, 2007, 03:05:24 PM »

OH...

DR Danise - Just in case you happen to have a chance to check in here...

I know that you are asking for VIBES, and they are most definitely heading your way from all of us here, but I just want you to know that you are probably much "stronger" than you think you are.  With all that you've been through the past few years with your mother - and with yourself - I'm confident you will make it through this understandably difficult time.  Heck, anyone who can come to New York City for the first time, and manage to have a good time and make some good friends in the process is most definitely "strong".  *And you even "survived" my Eating and Walking and Eating and Walking Tour!

We are all here for you.  And we will be here for you.  But we also know that you will be there for your mother during this time.  Just remember to let yourself cry.  And breathe.  And don't feel bad if you take a few moments to take care of yourself.

~~~~~VIBES~~~~~VIBES~~~~~VIBES~~~~~

Eating and Walking tour was nothing....Danise survived SPLASH!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: April 27, 2007, 03:06:41 PM »

Cilla - Maybe I'm imagining things (not the first time that's happened) - but wasn't there a day a few weeks ago when you said you had gone to the leasing agent wanting to get the paperwork finalized, and they acted surprised that you wanted to get it done so early?  

Yeah, but then they told me there was no problem and the lease would be ready by today.  

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #224 on: April 27, 2007, 03:07:08 PM »

My goodness, is everyone taking a siesta?  

Yes. I got up at 3:30 a.m. to make an airport run this morning.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: April 27, 2007, 03:12:55 PM »

I guess part of the reason I'm not worried about the office space thing is that there is so much office space available downtown here that it's a renters market and I can pretty much pick the building I want.  It's starting to change a bit, Northwest Airlines is setting up a call center and it sounds like the business or whatever it is that has a bid in on the Orpheum could fill a lot of space too.  I'm very happy right now.  If this space isn't what I want, I have another building I would be happy in. It has an aviary in the main lobby.  Pretty cool

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: April 27, 2007, 03:16:26 PM »

VIBES TO DR DANISE AND HER MOM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

singdaw

« Reply #227 on: April 27, 2007, 03:23:46 PM »

I'm looking into a music career, but I also want to do acting, modeling, and possibly Broadway.

-Sanjaya Malakar

I'm not making this up, you know!   :)
[an Anna Russell reference]

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #228 on: April 27, 2007, 03:29:56 PM »

I'm looking into a music career, but I also want to do acting, modeling, and possibly Broadway.

-Sanjaya Malakar

;D
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #229 on: April 27, 2007, 03:33:16 PM »

I'm with you, DR DearReaderLaura - Have never watched AI, but it's fun to joke about Sanjaya.  :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #230 on: April 27, 2007, 03:50:31 PM »

-Sanjaya Malakar

Well, his hair does resemble the tree image on the stage of Spring Awakening.

That, and the Times Square Toy'R'Us is always looking for new sales associates.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: April 27, 2007, 03:50:51 PM »

We're STILL on page eight?  What in tarnation is going on?  Certainly not posting.  I'm proofing - my guest is still here, so I'll have to leave soon as I vant to be alone.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #232 on: April 27, 2007, 03:52:24 PM »

-Sanjaya Malakar

Hmm... Do the Weisslers have a bid on him yet?  ;)

I guess he could play Roxy.  He's not masculine enough for Mary Sunshine.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: April 27, 2007, 03:52:36 PM »

Well, his hair does resemble the tree image on the stage of Spring Awakening.

That, and the Times Square Toy'R'Us is always looking for new sales associates.  ;)

It's funny, sitting in the stage seats at Spring Awakening, I couldn't tell what the image was on the floor.  I didn't know until I saw photos later.  One of the disadvantages of on stage seating

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #234 on: April 27, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »

OH!

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from the Green Room Computer!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #235 on: April 27, 2007, 03:53:11 PM »

Good afternoon all!

I'm live and here at Dear Brain Cast Members BJ, Chie, and Grady's apartment.  I came over here to help DBC Grady select the best of his headshots that he just recently had taken.  I think we got two of them that will be good for him as he takes that official first step of being a real LA actor.  

Here shortly, I will start out on my trek to Woodland Hills -- I decided to actually take the theatre's offer to do the part of the Emcee in Cabaret.  I mean, how often do you get to play that part?  So, we have our first read-through tonight, which I will be attending from 7-10, and then after that, I head into work at the club at midnight.

Should be a busy, but long day, seeing as how I woke up this morning a bit before 8 to make sure my DM got on the road and out of LA safely.  Speaking of which, she should be almost back to Prescott as we speak.  
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cillaliz

« Reply #236 on: April 27, 2007, 03:53:48 PM »

So is the green room really green?  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #237 on: April 27, 2007, 03:53:51 PM »

It's funny, sitting in the stage seats at Spring Awakening, I couldn't tell what the image was on the floor.  I didn't know until I saw photos later.  One of the disadvantages of on stage seating

But I guess you saw other "images" quite clearly.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: April 27, 2007, 03:55:07 PM »

We're STILL on page eight?

Cillaliz

« Reply #239 on: April 27, 2007, 03:55:30 PM »

But I guess you saw other "images" quite clearly.

The other images and the fountains of spit...that boy must really drink a lot of water at some point or he'd be very dehydrated
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up