Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHTUPPING BIRDS  (Read 83222 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE SHTUPPING BIRDS
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2007, 04:49:00 AM »

Such stunning photographs from DR MBARNUM.

Ms Beverly Washburn is prettier as a grown up lady than she was as a child or teen ager that's for sure.

Wow - Holly from LAND OF THE LOST!!

Ms Laurie Mitchell looks beautiful and that's a great display!  And thanks for the Baird update!  I know that Annette has said that Sharon is her BEST friend from the Mouse days.

Juliet and Rad were so sweet in NO, MY DARLING DAUGHTER!  I think everyone should see it!  Not sure if DR CP got to his copy so that he could see the on location London filming....but it's a lot of fun!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2007, 04:49:30 AM »

Work today.....ho hum.  

Sending BIG ATTENDANCE vibes to the Ray Courts Show!  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2007, 04:52:09 AM »

Congrats to DR CASON on his Cabaret venture!

singdaw

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2007, 04:59:46 AM »

Where even the orchestra will be beautiful!

Tomovoz

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2007, 05:00:40 AM »

Good morning to waking North America.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2007, 05:01:14 AM »

Beautiful without DR Jose?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2007, 05:11:49 AM »

Page Two Darling Daughter Dance.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2007, 05:12:28 AM »

Off to work.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2007, 05:40:40 AM »

And the word of the day is: CLAMANT!
At some point in each of his cartoons, Huckleberry Hound loved to sing "My Darling CLAMANTine" as loudly as he could.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2007, 05:47:19 AM »

Good morning, all!  It's a very lazy day today.  I'll go to the NYPL theatre collection around 11:30, since my meeting yesterday lasted for 4 hours!
I need go do some work with LIFE BEGINS AT 8:40 program before my trip to the Shubert Archive on Tuesday.

Tonight, I'm seeing JOURNEY'S END.  I look forward to it.

I have nothing else to say
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2007, 05:50:14 AM »

Thanks for all the photos, DR MBarnum.

Even with shiny face and unshaven, you're still devastating!

:)

Cillaliz

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2007, 05:51:21 AM »

DR Danise, my heart goes out to you and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother.  Take your friend up on her offer to go with you.  There will be plenty of time to be alone with your thoughts, accept the kind offer of support now, you'll be glad you did.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2007, 05:51:58 AM »

I must go to breakfast.  Laters

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2007, 05:53:22 AM »

My feet hurt.

Yesterday, I spent my workday wrangling carts again.

It wasn't as bad as Tuesday, when I wrangled in the blazing sun and hadn't done the job for quite some time, so I ended up with very sore legs, a sore back, and sunburn.

This time, my muscles were ready.  But it was raining.  The whole day was spent outside, in what ranged from misty through light to moderate to pouring rain.

And the rain didn't make the pavement of the parking lot any softer.  So my feet hurt.

A few other notes about rain and parking lots:

Normally, customers are fairly good about getting their carts into the corrals provided, so whoever is wrangling has someplace specific to wrangle from.  This isn't true in foul weather.  The customers want to get out of the wet, and are more likely to leave the carts wherever they can.  I spent a lot of time seeking out carts that had been left sitting between cars in the lot.

Also, there was something about the rain that brought out driver rudeness.  I witnessed more drivers honking at other cars that weren't getting out of their way, more drivers stopping their cars right in front of the three ramps in front of the store that are supposed to be used for getting the carts out of and into the store (and are supposed to be kept clear, by law, for handicapped access), and more drivers deciding that they really wanted to be at the Daytona Speedway.

Fortunately, I won't be wrangling today.  I'll be inside, cashiering.

But I'm scheduled for wrangling next Tuesday and Wednesday.

I just hope we'll be having good weather on those days.

:P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

singdaw

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2007, 05:53:36 AM »

Zach has just returned from a playdate with Grover, the Rector's dog.

Not to be confused with the Randy Vicar.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2007, 05:56:40 AM »

Our weather this week has been in clamant.
Thunderations.

singdaw

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2007, 06:00:41 AM »

Here's the Rector in question, at the church where my DH serves as organist:

singdaw

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2007, 06:01:34 AM »

Beautiful without DR Jose?

I know it seems difficult to imagine!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2007, 06:03:08 AM »

And I'm off to work again.  Heigh ho.

I hope der Brucer remembers that we're driving over to the Millville store after work, so that I can check out their self-service registers.

[size=20]HEY, DER BRUCER, CONSIDER THIS A REMINDER![/size]

;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2007, 06:04:47 AM »

When dealing with church politics, it's always good to have a rector in your pocket.

::)

singdaw

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2007, 06:11:49 AM »

When dealing with church politics, it's always good to have a rector in your pocket.

Does that mean you need a rector protector?

singdaw

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2007, 06:12:17 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2007, 06:15:05 AM »

Good morning! I was just awakened for the second time by telemarketers. The first one had such a thick accent that it took my asking her 3 times to understand that I had "won" a free camera phone.

I think it's most unseemly of them to be calling at 8:30 on the only morning I have to catch up on sleep from my sleep-deprived week.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singdaw

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2007, 06:19:11 AM »

Unseemly?  It's downright presumptuous!

Both you AND bk had your dreams prematurely interrupted by the telephonic device in the same 24 hours.  Me, I have the ringer turned off in the budoir, so people can call all they like; I just don't hear it.

Edisaurus

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2007, 06:22:25 AM »

I was trying to get through yesterday's notes but kept falling asleep (no reflection on the quality of postings, just a long week of editing by day and activities every night.

So I didn't get to DR Danise's post until this morning.

I echo the sentiments of everyone else, Danise. I have not been through this with my parents but my father is in poor health so I know it will be something I will be dealing with in the near future. You are going through this with grace and compassion and my heart goes out to you.

And absolutely I agree that you made the best decision possible. You will have a support group of people who know exactly what to do because they have had so much experience, and they will know what you need, too.

Sometime the kindest thing you can do for someone is to tell that little white lie. Don't feel bad---you are doing it out of love!

Mega hugs and vibes to you, Danise. Try to get some rest and let us know how you're doing, when you can.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2007, 06:30:11 AM »

After work yesterday I went to the wedding rehearsal and Greg and I did a test run to measure the cable runs for the various speakers and microphones.

This wedding is being held at a beautiful and pretty expensive historic hall here in Marietta. It looks like it will be very nice, with a full dinner. But it seems like a lot of effort and expense for only 35 guests!

singdaw

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2007, 06:38:02 AM »

***DJ vibes***[/size][/color]
to DR Edisaurus

May the party be clamant!

Edisaurus

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2007, 06:38:21 AM »

After the rehearsal, we went to the downtown square, w here they have concerts on Friday nights. I was hunting for my mother, who was going to be there. I never found her---it was cold out so she may have left early, but we did find a lot of our good preservation/activist friends.

One of them said "There's someone you HAVE to meet" and introduced me to his friend, who was a lawyer. The lawyer who represented the mother of the chinchy bassa developer who was suing her own son for stealing an inheritance that was rightly hers.

It was weird to talk to someone so intimately familiar with details of events we were immersed in for years. He is probably the only one beside the immediate family who knows all this stuff. He even knew how this developer had stolen property from my brother and father, an event which caused a major rift between them that has never healed and left much bitterness.

Everyone we saw said they were thinking of us when it was announced that the evil developer's project was going into foreclosure. Too bad they didn't know he was a bad risk BEFORE they destroyed our National Register Historic District, and our once beatiful view of the mountain. (Now we have a brick wall 10 feet from our hedge.)

Anyway, it's nice to see a bit of karma in action.

Edisaurus

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2007, 06:39:51 AM »

Oh, and as far as the case with the mother, they ruled in her favor but gave him most of the money because she was 93 and they didn't want the kids fighting over her inheritance again. What kind of judge is that?

Edisaurus

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2007, 06:41:02 AM »

***DJ vibes***[/size][/color]
to DR Edisaurus

May the party be clamant!

Thanks, DR Sing! I wish you were there to sing at the wedding!

It's the second marriage for both, so it should at least be m ore relaxed!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Up