Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHTUPPING BIRDS  (Read 83257 times)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
Re:THE SHTUPPING BIRDS
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2007, 01:32:13 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  Where in tarnation IS everyone?

Well, I'm on my futon drinking Cherry Coke and listening to the Glenn Miller Orchestra on my iPod Artaxerxes. So, yes, it is a slow news day.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2007, 01:32:22 PM »

I was wrong
[/color]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2007, 01:33:54 PM »

Boo-yah!

Page Seven "Begin the Beguine" Dance. Since that's what Glenn Miller is playing.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2007, 01:40:52 PM »

Pennsylvania 6-5000!

I'm going now. Bloog wants to go to the grocery store.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2007, 01:46:08 PM »

Okay, since this is a slow-news day, I will post another photo from the friend who admitted to sending me the baseball photo (He also has no idea who the playeres are).

Before anyone becomes upset, this is a optically retouched photo - No children were injured in the taking of this photo!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

François

« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2007, 01:46:38 PM »

It's too bad Ms. Mills' still super-fantastic looking hubby wasn't there with her.

You mean that balding  :o gentleman next to Donna?!

http://bonusround.com/ny2006/TBV-Donna-max-a.jpg

François

« Reply #186 on: April 28, 2007, 01:48:13 PM »

Before anyone becomes upset, [/b][/u]

No, but the intention is grating!! ;)

François

« Reply #187 on: April 28, 2007, 01:49:13 PM »

Well, I'm on my futon drinking Cherry Coke and listening to the Glenn Miller Orchestra on my iPod Artaxerxes. So, yes, it is a slow news day.

This is so... existential!! ;D

François

« Reply #188 on: April 28, 2007, 01:49:52 PM »

Pennsylvania 6-5000!

I'm going now. Bloog wants to go to the grocery store.

I guess Bloog has a blog, no?!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #189 on: April 28, 2007, 02:08:29 PM »

I didn't mind Cliff's songs being cut in the Sam Mendes/Rob Marshall revisal.  I think it helped to set apart Cliff as more of an observer - which is what I think Mssrs. Mendes and Marshall had in mind.

Well, yes, he is an observer and a narrator, but he interacts with all of them too, and "Why Should I wake Up" is too beautiful a song to lose.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: April 28, 2007, 02:11:59 PM »

Speaking of THE FULL MONTY, and I was; our small-town newspaper posted their review of the local production of the show with a very unexpected photo (at least, for them).

I am no prude, and I loved the picture, but I certainly could see this kind of picture causing hundreds of complaints if it were published in a paper around here.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 02:15:21 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2007, 02:13:32 PM »

Will we never get to page seven?

We're there.

Tomovoz

« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2007, 02:14:19 PM »

Maybe ask Michael Jackson?

der Brucer

It's not a Lennon & McCartney song!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2007, 02:18:24 PM »

I spent this afternoon (in between phone calls and other household chores) watching the new Ultimate Edition of LIVE AND LET DIE.

Of the Roger Moore Bonds, it's one of the better ones, and now it looks and sounds great. The picture, as with all of the new editions, has been scrubbed of all dirt, hair, and damage. The DTS sound is not omni-present in the surrounds, but when it kicks in, it has real power and makes the film seem almost new. Glad to have this in the new version.

Matt H.

« Reply #194 on: April 28, 2007, 02:19:46 PM »

TOnight I'll watch SUPERNATURAL and then maybe another Bond - GOLDENEYE. It has gotten quite a bit of criticism because of bad framing, so I'm anxious to see what they've done to it. I think the old edition looks and sounds smashing, so this one is going to be interesting to compare to the original issue.

Matt H.

« Reply #195 on: April 28, 2007, 02:42:37 PM »

I am heading downstairs now to take care of the sheets and towels in the dryer, and then will be going back to TV for the evening.

WBBL.

FJL

« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2007, 02:50:38 PM »

I wish LOVEMUSIK had tried out somewhere before going right to Broadway.  Ultimately it is closer in technique to BOY FROM OZ than JERSEY BOYS in its telling of its story and shoehorning of songs into the life story, but shoehorn them in it sure does, at times to jarring effect.  But if it is factual, what an education LOVEMUSIK is into important lives in the musical theater, and a relatively painless- mostly fast-moving - education at that.  And Michael Cerveris and Donna Murphy give performances that totally make you forget the actors and purely become their respective visions of the characters.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: April 28, 2007, 02:57:37 PM »

I have finished proofing (boy, in the last few pages did I find some corkers - obvious missing apostrophes, letters missing from words -  how those got by me the first time through I have no idea).

The good news is, I'm very happy with this book

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #198 on: April 28, 2007, 03:20:36 PM »

Miss Karen, when does Cason open in CABARET?  Can we expect another HHW gathering for opening night?

Well, I'll field this question, if you don't mind Mammy!

The show will run for three weekends - it'll show on Friday and Saturday nights (and if we can fill the houses, we'll do Sunday matinees) for the last weekend in June and the first two weeks in July.

June 29
June 30
(July 1?)

July 6
July 7
(July 8?)

July 13
July 14
(July 15?)

We had our first read-through last night and promptly started blocking "Willkommen" and I have to say, I've never been more excited to do a show after just the first rehearsal.  The cast is going to be really good and strong and the dancing is a blast already.  

The show itself is going to take some moments from both the original and the revival.  They are still organizing ideas and deciding which songs will be included and which will be cut.  It'll be a work in progress here for a little while, but we'll have our first go next week -- they want us to perform the opening number for a fundraiser the theater is holding on Friday.  So, we'll have a pick-up on Tuesday, finish blocking, and then we'll give it what we've got for our first "audience."  

I'll of course keep you all posted - with, yes, lots of pictures - and hopefully another HHW gathering could be organized!  :D
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Jennifer

« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2007, 03:20:55 PM »

DR MattH, after reading your comments about GHOST WHISPERER I could swear i saw a to be continued at the end. But maybe that was this week's MEDIUM?

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2007, 03:24:13 PM »

Speaking of Mr. Kander, listening to some of the songs from Cabaret last night, I was once again just amazed at how brilliant the show really is.  Chill after chill just sitting there listening, much less when I actually get to be up on stage performing them...  :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Tomovoz

« Reply #201 on: April 28, 2007, 03:25:45 PM »

Tomorrow belongs to you DR Cason.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #202 on: April 28, 2007, 03:28:58 PM »

Well, it's a beautiful day - so I'm going to go out for a run.  Thank you all for the congratulations on the part!

DR Danise -- my heart goes out to you and your family from here on out in what you are all going through.  Much love and support.

Jennifer

« Reply #203 on: April 28, 2007, 03:34:55 PM »

More vibes for DR Danise and her mother. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was very upset after reading about this today.  DR Danise i hope that you let your co-worker go with you.  I must have missed the details about Pittsburgh, but i get the gist of it.

DR Danise we are all here for you.  And i'm sure if many of us lived closer that you would have many offers to accompany you (i know i would surely go).

Please take care. And post here when you can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #204 on: April 28, 2007, 03:42:08 PM »

For those in the New York area, it looks like PBS will be running Peter Eotvos's operatic adaptation of Angels in America on Sunday night at 10:00 PM.

Not in Western Washington. :-\

I'd like to see this.  I'll have to keep looking in the listings.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #205 on: April 28, 2007, 03:43:09 PM »

Bloog and I are back from the grocery store. I have successfully replenished my supply of pudding and am now eating cereal right out of the box, the way the good Lord intended it. I also purchased some fake vomit, but don't anybody tell my mom. I want to see what kind of mischief the Bloog and I can come up with.

François

« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2007, 03:46:53 PM »

Tomorrow belongs to you DR Cason.

And Tomovoz belongs to you!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2007, 03:48:09 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day, I don't give two and a half figs for Sonic, but I LOVE the commercials with those two guys in the car.

And one time, my cousin and I were watching TV somewhere in Kansas, and both our jaws dropped when we saw a commercial advertising that McDonald's was selling Fruit-Rollups. We're both vegetarian, so we weren't about to go to McDonald's, but we were speechless, which is saying a lot if you know me and my cousin.

François

« Reply #208 on: April 28, 2007, 03:48:19 PM »

Bloog and I are back from the grocery store. I have successfully replenished my supply of pudding and am now eating cereal right out of the box, the way the good Lord intended it. I also purchased some fake vomit, but don't anybody tell my mom. I want to see what kind of mischief the Bloog and I can come up with.

I see a cat in the grass!!

Fake vomit???? Is the real thing so hard and expensive to get!! :o :-\

François

« Reply #209 on: April 28, 2007, 03:49:50 PM »

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh, look: a Chorus Line!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Up