Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHTUPPING BIRDS  (Read 83201 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE SHTUPPING BIRDS
« Reply #210 on: April 28, 2007, 03:58:58 PM »

Off to JOURNEY'S END.  Ta!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Miss Karen

« Reply #211 on: April 28, 2007, 04:07:26 PM »

Well, I'll field this question, if you don't mind Mammy!

The show will run for three weekends - it'll show on Friday and Saturday nights (and if we can fill the houses, we'll do Sunday matinees) for the last weekend in June and the first two weeks in July.

June 29
June 30
(July 1?)

July 6
July 7
(July 8?)

July 13
July 14
(July 15?)

We had our first read-through last night and promptly started blocking "Willkommen" and I have to say, I've never been more excited to do a show after just the first rehearsal.  The cast is going to be really good and strong and the dancing is a blast already.  

The show itself is going to take some moments from both the original and the revival.  They are still organizing ideas and deciding which songs will be included and which will be cut.  It'll be a work in progress here for a little while, but we'll have our first go next week -- they want us to perform the opening number for a fundraiser the theater is holding on Friday.  So, we'll have a pick-up on Tuesday, finish blocking, and then we'll give it what we've got for our first "audience."  

I'll of course keep you all posted - with, yes, lots of pictures - and hopefully another HHW gathering could be organized!  :D

Ahh, so there wasn't a conflict with the 18th, 19th, and 20th afterall, heh? Or did they move it back a week?  I answered wrong in my earlier post -- so went back and deleted the wrong dates I gave TCB (except they're captured in my quote that was in his following response...oh well)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #212 on: April 28, 2007, 04:39:41 PM »

Good Evening!

Now that was some good eatin'!  The Eggplant Parmigiana was very good.  Even people who don't normally like eggplant liked it tonight.  Plus there was some amazing green bean salad that totally blew everyone away.  And there was some great pasta dish with beans and escarole, chicken with peppers and pot roast.  Oh!  And cake and cookie and ice cream!  We're all a bit stuffed, but the show must go on, ya' know!  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #213 on: April 28, 2007, 04:40:16 PM »

I see that DR Danise is currently signed in...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #214 on: April 28, 2007, 04:40:44 PM »

Well, I want to snap a few more pics before the show, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2007, 04:50:47 PM »

Hi all.  It has been another very long day.  They transfered Mom to the Hospice house this afternoon.  

It is a very nice place and we are both quite comfortable.  I will be staying the night and will just go home tomorrow to check on and feed the dogs.

I was amazed when they said I could bring one of the dogs for a short visit.   I might try to bring Bear on Monday but we'll have to see about that.

Mom is resting and I am glad that I made the decision to bring her here.  They are doing a good job of taking care of me as well.  When they heard I hadn't really eaten in two days, they brought me a meal which was wonderful.  

I think I shall be laying down myself.  I am very tired.

I want to thank all of your for emails, phone calls and just being there for me.  I looked at some of the emails while I was home so I can't really answer them because they are not on the server for me to retrieve on this computer.

I am so very glad I have this computer as well.  It's been a Godsend in more then one way.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »

((((((((((((((((Danise))))))))))))))))

I wish there were something I could do to make this easier... I am glad you are surrounded by good caring people....

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2007, 05:15:48 PM »

Hi Danise.  I'm so glad you are both settled and I hope you can get Bear in for a visit.  

Danise

« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2007, 05:16:21 PM »

I just got off the phone with my boss.  She is going to come over tomorrow for a visit.  

The lady who offered to go with me to Pittsburgh came over this afternoon.  It was nice to have someone to talk to.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2007, 05:16:36 PM »

Hi Vixmom.  So what happened with the Mint Thins? ;D

Jane

« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2007, 05:17:24 PM »

Danise I wish I could visit you and it warms my heart to know you have company.

Danise

« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2007, 05:19:37 PM »

Thank you Jane and Vixmom.  

I brought Mom the lab toy dog I bought in NYC at the worlds biggest Toys R Us in Times Square.  I told her that Bear and Sheena had sent it since they couldn't come vist.  That was before I was told that I might be able to bring them in.

I wouldn't bring Sheena.  She's a little excitable  but I think Bear would be fine with it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2007, 05:24:00 PM »

I think Bear would be just fine.

Danise

« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2007, 05:24:11 PM »

I spoke with the doctor this morning and found out that what Mom has is an aneurism (spelling?) in her aorta (spelling again?).  It is leaking blood and will simply "pop".  She said I could be looking at her and she could just be gone.  It will be very fast and almost painless.  I am so grateful for that mercy.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 05:25:35 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2007, 05:26:05 PM »

Last night I was treated to "Legally Blonde" a friend of mine won 6 tickets in a basketball pool and we made it a girls' night out... all the other "girls" are in their late 20's and early thirties and all are fans of the movies.  

This 49  year old had never seen the movies, but I dutifully (as instructed) donned a pink sweater set.  I offered to drive 3 of the girls in in (the other 2 were meeting us at the theater after a day in hte Big Apple)  

I was prepared not to like it, and I found the opening song a bit grating... (well it was funny for the first minute or so but then became a bit tedious....)

But I found myself drawn in more and more... and by the courtroom scene I was laughing so hard the tears were rolling down my face

This really was a fun show (though I don't know that I would  buy the OCR - due out in June)

Somewhere around the 3rd round, the hostess began setting up the tables to accomodate a large party next to our booth... it was Laura Bell Bundy and her extended family all the way from Ol' Kentuck....

A fun night.

Afterwards we went to the Pig & Whistle where I , designated driver, drank  my Shirley Temples while the girls worked their way through the Martini menu... CHOCOLATE Martinis?

Jane

« Reply #225 on: April 28, 2007, 05:26:06 PM »

Danise is the toy lab dog cuddly?  If your mother is the sort to cuddle with a stuffed toy, one might give her comfort.

vixmom

« Reply #226 on: April 28, 2007, 05:27:49 PM »

Hi Vixmom.  So what happened with the Mint Thins? ;D

OH! I keep meaning to PM you and then I forget... when your MIL got sick  I didn't want to bother you with them so I just kept them fpor us... if you still want them I'll be happy to get some more and send them out

Cillaliz

« Reply #227 on: April 28, 2007, 05:29:03 PM »

{{{{{{DANISE}}}}}}

Jane

« Reply #228 on: April 28, 2007, 05:29:10 PM »

Danise, I just read your post regarding the aneurism (spelling correct).  What a blessing to know she won't suffer at the end.

Cillaliz

« Reply #229 on: April 28, 2007, 05:29:52 PM »

DR VIXMOM, I love the movie Legally Blonde.  I think it's upbeat and empowering. Nice to see a smart blonde for a change.  I'm looking forward to seeing the musical some day

Jane

« Reply #230 on: April 28, 2007, 05:30:31 PM »

Vixmom would it be difficult to send a box?  Her weight is down to under 87 pounds and having something she might enjoy eating would be very nice.  One box would be enough.

vixmom

« Reply #231 on: April 28, 2007, 05:30:55 PM »

I spoke with the doctor this morning and found out that what Mom has is an aneurism (spelling?) in her aorta (spelling again?).  It is leaking blood and will simply "pop".  She said I could be looking at her and she could just be gone.  It will be very fast and almost painless.  I am so grateful for that mercy.

It is so unselfish of you to be able to let her leave gently and with grace and dignity

:-*

Danise

« Reply #232 on: April 28, 2007, 05:31:31 PM »

I think one other thing I am very happy about is that at least with the meds and the oxygen, she is her "nice" self.  

Yesterday morning was just horrible.  She was pulling everything off of her and she said some really nasty things to the nurse and of course to me.  She hated me and kept telling me to leave her alone.  I had to go home to pick up some paperwork anyway  and by the time I came back, they said she was looking for me and was scared I wasn't coming back.  She's been fine ever since.  

How I hate it when she gets to the state.  They expained that is normal but it is sure hart to take.  I pray she is not that way when the time comes.  I want my loving mother not the shrew for my last memory of her.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: April 28, 2007, 05:31:43 PM »

Danise, sounds like the hospice decision was a really good one.  I'm glad they are taking care of you too, and reminding you to eat.  

vixmom

« Reply #234 on: April 28, 2007, 05:33:18 PM »

DR VIXMOM, I love the movie Legally Blonde.  I think it's upbeat and empowering. Nice to see a smart blonde for a change.  I'm looking forward to seeing the musical some day

I am planning to rent the dvd's and check them out, I think you would not be dissappointed.  

BTW  I noticed in Playbill a few Lestat credits....

Jane

« Reply #235 on: April 28, 2007, 05:33:33 PM »

Danise, sounds like the hospice decision was a really good one.  I'm glad they are taking care of you too, and reminding you to eat.  

And I'm glad all of your mother's fears of hospice did not come true.  It is comforting to know you are both in caring, loving hands now.

Danise

« Reply #236 on: April 28, 2007, 05:35:16 PM »

Danise is the toy lab dog cuddly?  If your mother is the sort to cuddle with a stuffed toy, one might give her comfort.

Yes and she has been holding it in her arms since I gave it to her.  :)

I like Legally Blonde as well.  I first saw it when I stayed at the Muse in NY.  I just bought the double DVD with both movies on it.

VixMom, I know that the Vixters Birthday is tomorrow.  I am so sorry I didn't get the chance to mail her a card this year.  Please tell her that I do wish her a very Happy day.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

« Reply #237 on: April 28, 2007, 05:35:35 PM »

Vixmom would it be difficult to send a box?  Her weight is down to under 87 pounds and having something she might enjoy eating would be very nice.  One box would be enough.

I'd be happy to, PM the address again and I can get a box out tomorrow by  Express Mail...

I was afraid she couldn't eat them...I didn't want to be mean to nice, sick, old lady  taunting her with treats she would be denied

Cillaliz

« Reply #238 on: April 28, 2007, 05:37:29 PM »

I like Legally Blonde as well.  I first saw it when I stayed at the Muse in NY.  I just bought the double DVD with both movies on it.

The second movie is fun too

vixmom

« Reply #239 on: April 28, 2007, 05:37:46 PM »

I think one other thing I am very happy about is that at least with the meds and the oxygen, she is her "nice" self.  

Yesterday morning was just horrible.  She was pulling everything off of her and she said some really nasty things to the nurse and of course to me.  She hated me and kept telling me to leave her alone.  I had to go home to pick up some paperwork anyway  and by the time I came back, they said she was looking for me and was scared I wasn't coming back.  She's been fine ever since.  

How I hate it when she gets to the state.  They expained that is normal but it is sure hart to take.  I pray she is not that way when the time comes.  I want my loving mother not the shrew for my last memory of her.

The meds and pain can sometimes cause that...I am glad she is back to herself... and remember always the "real" mom that you have had all these years  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Up