Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHTUPPING BIRDS  (Read 83226 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE SHTUPPING BIRDS
« Reply #240 on: April 28, 2007, 05:37:54 PM »

LOL-She couldn't eat until just a few days ago.  No need to express them, they will be good whenever they arrive and Keith's brother can't visit her every day.

I'll PM now, so let me know if you don't receive it.

Jane

« Reply #241 on: April 28, 2007, 05:38:54 PM »

Yes and she has been holding it in her arms since I gave it to her.  :)

:D :D :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #242 on: April 28, 2007, 05:39:49 PM »

Danise, you are a fabulous daughter.  

Danise

« Reply #243 on: April 28, 2007, 05:40:11 PM »

Just got up to check on Mom, she is sleeping.  

This is a very nice room.  I shall have to take some pictures.  I took a couple at the hospital before she was transfered.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #244 on: April 28, 2007, 05:41:33 PM »

It is a wonderful evening here. After what felt like a nice summer day.  Tomorrow will be hot - 90 degrees!  So, tonight, in honor of summer...I shall go get ice cream!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #245 on: April 28, 2007, 05:42:55 PM »

Yes and she has been holding it in her arms since I gave it to her.  :)

I like Legally Blonde as well.  I first saw it when I stayed at the Muse in NY.  I just bought the double DVD with both movies on it.

VixMom, I know that the Vixters Birthday is tomorrow.  I am so sorry I didn't get the chance to mail her a card this year.  Please tell her that I do wish her a very Happy day.

Oh Gosh! With all you have to deal with you are worried about the Vixter's birthday?!  You are a Saint.

I herenow proclaim by the powers granted unto me  (by me)

That from this day forward

DR Danise shall be known as DS (Dear Saint) Danise

I haven't gotten her a card yet... She's not even here!! She went away with her church youth group to New Jersey for  a Lutheran Youth Convention

i suppose I should get cracking on that....
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #246 on: April 28, 2007, 05:43:12 PM »

I think the tree guy has been boss too long and Paul was probably right, lol.  He will be much richer after cutting down 8 full grown trees on my yard. YIKES!!! They are all either totally dead or rotten on the bottom and in danger of falling on either my house or a neighbor's house. SO, I'm biting the bullet.  His crew will take them all out in about 2 weeks.

Danise

« Reply #247 on: April 28, 2007, 05:44:07 PM »

Danise, you are a fabulous daughter.  

Not so good.   When she's been in shrew mode (before yesterday) I've said some bad things to her.  I feel very bad about it now but at the time I was soooo mad.  I wish I could take it back.  I really didn't mean it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: April 28, 2007, 05:45:01 PM »

I am thinking about planting 2 apple trees near the gazebo.  They would have nice blossoms in the spring and tasty apples in the fall.  (you have to plant 2 so they can bear fruit)

Danise

« Reply #249 on: April 28, 2007, 05:45:37 PM »

I think the tree guy has been boss too long and Paul was probably right, lol.  He will be much richer after cutting down 8 full grown trees on my yard. YIKES!!! They are all either totally dead or rotten on the bottom and in danger of falling on either my house or a neighbor's house. SO, I'm biting the bullet.  His crew will take them all out in about 2 weeks.

Yikes, I don't how much that costs where your at but here that's at LEAST a hundred dollars per tree!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2007, 05:46:07 PM »

Not so good.   When she's been in shrew mode (before yesterday) I've said some bad things to her.  I feel very bad about it now but at the time I was soooo mad.  I wish I could take it back.  I really didn't mean it.

Danise, you are a fabulous and human daughter.   With all the stress, anyone would say bad things once in a while. Don't beat yourself up about it.

Jane

« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2007, 05:47:13 PM »

Danise even saints have their limitations.  When I think of all the years you have cared for your mother, I also consider you a saint, or about as close to one as any person can be.

vixmom

« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2007, 05:48:49 PM »

We have two trees on our front lawn that really should be removed...one is dead and falling apart... we had a lot of the biggest branches lopped off a year ago and then the tree guy vanished before finishing the job (we hadnt paid him yet so no worries)

So it's not in any immediate danger of killing anyone.

The other is valinetly trying to stay alive, throwing out new shoots but it is  on it's last legs (roots?)  I hate to take them down , and not just because of the $600 we've been quoted, the birds love them and the hollow trunks are full of nests

Danise

« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2007, 05:49:14 PM »

Oh Gosh! With all you have to deal with you are worried about the Vixter's birthday?!  You are a Saint.

I herenow proclaim by the powers granted unto me  (by me)

That from this day forward

DR Danise shall be known as DS (Dear Saint) Danise

I haven't gotten her a card yet... She's not even here!! She went away with her church youth group to New Jersey for  a Lutheran Youth Convention

i suppose I should get cracking on that....

Awwwww.  I'm not saint.  Sinner, yes.   I hope she is enjoying herself with her group.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

« Reply #254 on: April 28, 2007, 05:50:47 PM »

She probably doesn't remember (* and if she mentions it look suprised and tell her it must have been a dream! LOL)

Cillaliz

« Reply #255 on: April 28, 2007, 05:52:31 PM »

Yikes, I don't how much that costs where your at but here that's at LEAST a hundred dollars per tree!

It's more than that, the trees are much taller than my two story house, there are wires in the way and they can't get their trucks close to 3 of them.  So that means climbing and cutting without hitting my house or the neighbors.  But it has to be done and it's better than a tree crashing into someone's bedroom in the middle of the night and having who knows what happen.   One of the trees is so rotten I poked it with a stick and it went over half way through the trunk. They will also grind out the stumps and take away all the wood.

I've known I had to do both the trees and the chimney this year. I wasn't going to do all the trees at once, but I have the money now and they all need to go, so I'm doing it.  I was planning on doing some window work, but that may have to wait. I could sand, paint and seal the bad ones myself.

vixmom

« Reply #256 on: April 28, 2007, 05:52:54 PM »

I am thinking about planting 2 apple trees near the gazebo.  They would have nice blossoms in the spring and tasty apples in the fall.  (you have to plant 2 so they can bear fruit)

OH! I am glad you mentiond that, we were thinking of planting some trees in the back I was thinking an apple and peach would be nice, but I would need to have two of each to get fruit?

Maybe two apple then....

Jane

« Reply #257 on: April 28, 2007, 05:53:09 PM »

The headlines on Google say “Sex scandal rocks Washington”   :o  Not really ;D

vixmom

« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2007, 05:54:44 PM »

we've scared all the boys away

Cillaliz

« Reply #259 on: April 28, 2007, 05:55:07 PM »

We have two trees on our front lawn that really should be removed...one is dead and falling apart... we had a lot of the biggest branches lopped off a year ago and then the tree guy vanished before finishing the job (we hadnt paid him yet so no worries)

So it's not in any immediate danger of killing anyone.

The other is valinetly trying to stay alive, throwing out new shoots but it is  on it's last legs (roots?)  I hate to take them down , and not just because of the $600 we've been quoted, the birds love them and the hollow trunks are full of nests

Luckily there are still lots of trees around here for the wildlife to enjoy. The birds love my huge pine in the front yard. It gives them a lot of protection.  

Danise

« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2007, 05:55:45 PM »

Mom's awake.  I'm going to sit with her for awhile.

Laters all!   Thank you for the kind words.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2007, 05:55:45 PM »

...I really didn't mean it.

...Neither did she, Dear DR Danise, neither did she.  You and she are in the right place now, physically and emotionally, it sounds.  Wish I could drop in with some dark chocolate and a big hug.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2007, 05:56:25 PM »

Vixmom, there are a couple here, they just aren't talking.

Michael

« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2007, 05:57:07 PM »

On the subject of CABARET, I really love the new revisal with one exception: Cliff's singing role has been seriously diminished, and I don't understand the rationale behind that at all. Unlike the film where all the songs not done in performance or a public domain (the outdoor scene)were eliminated, the CABARET revisal still retains book numbers for the other characters. Cliff's wonderful songs should also be retained.

I think you mighr be mistaken about the public domain song if you mean the scene at the beer garden where the blond boy and the patron sing Tomorrow Belongs Tom Me. That song is a Kander/Ebb.

If this isn't the scene you mean which one is it?
Never stop dreaming.

vixmom

« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2007, 05:57:39 PM »

Vixmom, there are a couple here, they just aren't talking.

Jane I just realized my IN box was full, try to PM me the address now, I left some room

Jane

« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2007, 05:57:52 PM »

Ginny-I agree.  I have just been so very worried about Danise and can't express how much better I feel now.

Cillaliz

« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2007, 05:58:28 PM »

That makes at least Three of us!

Ginny

« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2007, 05:58:42 PM »

Does anyone care to know that 45 years ago today, I wore nylons for the first time?  It was my sister's wedding and I was a junior bridesmaid.  45 years - wow!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #268 on: April 28, 2007, 05:59:36 PM »

That makes at least Three of us!

four

Jane

« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2007, 05:59:41 PM »

Vixmom the email didn't kick back.  I sent it again.  Please let me know if you received it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18   Go Up