Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: A PINTER PLAY  (Read 77325 times)

Danise

Re:A PINTER PLAY
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2007, 11:08:42 AM »

Hi everyone.  I wanted to post sooner but this is a busy place.  Everytime I turned the computer on someone walks in or the phone is ringing or something else.

Well, this it the current news.

Now that the doctor had the time to go over the results she said that it is very possible that Mom could pass at any moment but it could be a week or even a month.  They have no way of knowing.

Having said that she also said that they wouldn't hide it from her that she is dying because they feel she should know.  They won't come right out and tell her but if she asked, they would tell her.

I feel that if anyone should tell her, it should be me.  

The doctor agreed to keep the "secret" until Friday but she said if nothing happened a decision would have to be made as to if Mom want's to stay at the Hospice House or go home.  

If she chose to go home, an army of nurses would have to go with us.  She does need someone there 24 hours and a hospital bed, etc, etc.

I felt like my back was up againist the wall so I broke the news to Mom in another little half truth.  I told her that we were waiting for the tests to come back but that it didn't look good.  I wanted her to understand that it is possible that she's dying.  I just didn't say it was for sure.  I said the test would be back around Friday.

I told her the choices she had if the tests came back bad--to stay here or go home with all of the equipment and nurses and she suprised me and said she would rather stay where she was at.

I feel somewhat of a relief that she knows something.  I didn't like to lie to her and to keep holding out the hope that she would go home.  I guess it really was up to her to decide.

She took the news pretty good.  I was the one who was crying as I was telling her.  

She said she thought something was wrong.  At least this way I was able to ask her if there was anything she wanted or needed to do or say or have done what could I do.  

So at this point, we'll just take it one day at time until Friday comes.  It's going to be hard if I do have to tell her the whole truth but if I do, at least she is somewhat prepared for it.

In the mean time, I'm going to try to start to go back to work for a least a half a day.  My wonderful boss said I could come in at seven and leave whenever I needed to.  If I stay until 3:30, I'll get my eight hours in, leave before the traffic gets bad, go home, feed the dogs, get a shower or whatever needs to be done, get my work clothes for the next day and go stay with Mom in the evenings.

Right now, that's the best I can do.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 11:11:18 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ben

« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2007, 11:09:52 AM »

Fred, I haven't seen the show yet, but I was also surprised at the less than enthusiastic tone of most of the reviews. I'll still see the show and I think the audience for it will be strong enough (like Wicked) to survive the reviews but some of those reviews might make a wavering person think to skip the show.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2007, 11:14:56 AM »

Danise I'm pleased your mother wishes to stay where she is, for now anyway.  Best that you can return to work part time and if your mother goes home, it won't be alone.  You both need help during this time.

Continued vibes.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2007, 11:15:25 AM »

DR Danise:  HANG IN THERE!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2007, 11:15:31 AM »

I am so Legally Bored!  Laure Bell Bundy is a Lexington native and for the last week, you could have called the paper instead of the Lexington Herald-Leader, the Lexington Herald-Bundy!  The local reviewer, who has done several articles on her in the past months has been on a Bundy barrage the last week...and his internet blog.  You think it the second coming of Christ! Today, it's the reaction of her grandparents!

Thank God the reviews are out and maybe the paper will find some time for something else.  If the local Arts scene got this much enthusiastic coverage, the theatre around here might be more vibrant and better attended!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2007, 11:17:18 AM »

Did anyone notice the omnipresent Ford F-1 series TV commercials on all the networks over the weekend?

Matt Battaglia touting the F-1 series "super-doody" trucks!

This may be a case, for some, like "marry", "mary", "merry".  But "doody" and "duty" can be pronounced differently.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Danise

« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2007, 11:18:25 AM »

I'm glad that she at least had the choice.  You have no idea how heavy it's been weighing on my heart to not tell her.  I feel like at least part of a stone has been lifted off my chest.

I only just thought that I might ask the doctor if I might be able to take her home for a couple of hours.  That way she could have some closure and say "Goodbye" to the house and both of the dogs at home.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2007, 11:19:42 AM »

DR Danise:  HANG IN THERE!

I'm hanging.   :-\
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2007, 11:20:43 AM »

Opps, more company--Nurses.  Gotta run.  Laters.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2007, 11:25:13 AM »

BLIND PILOT FINISHES MICROLIGHT FLIGHT FROM LONDON TO SYDNEY

Words I'm not looking forward to hearing:

"Good Morning, I'm Stevie Wonder and I'll be your pilot today."

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2007, 11:31:27 AM »

Danise, you are doing it beautifully!  My God, you are brave and strong!  Likewise, your mom!  

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2007, 11:33:27 AM »

DR Danise-

I have no idea how I would react to the situation you're in, but I have to say: it seems to me that you have handled each new development most wonderfully.             :)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2007, 11:33:29 AM »

This may be a case, for some, like "marry", "mary", "merry".  But "doody" and "duty" can be pronounced differently.

Or "ferry, furry, fairy" :)

der Brucer

Remember the Howdy Duty show about a freckled cop?
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2007, 11:38:37 AM »

I have packaged up a few orders, and will try to ship them after rehearsal - if not, then the morning.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »

Just got an email from the FAT conductor of limitless ego and limited talent, Maestro the Whale.  Talk about wiggin' out!  I hope the IRS carts him off to Sing-Sing soon.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2007, 11:41:11 AM »

Just got an email from the FAT conductor of limitless ego and limited talent, Maestro the Whale.  Talk about wiggin' out!  I hope the IRS carts him off to Sing-Sing soon.

I'm guessing it wasn't a felicitous greeting and inquiries after your health?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2007, 11:41:44 AM »

der Brucer

I remember the "How to Doody" show....the one that helped potty train me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2007, 11:42:13 AM »

der Brucer

The furry fairy fell off the ferry.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2007, 11:42:52 AM »

I'm on a roll.

Somebody STOP me!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2007, 11:43:17 AM »

No, seriously....there's a lamp post coming up and I'm rolling too fast.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2007, 11:43:45 AM »

"Hello, lamp post,
Whatcha knowin'?"

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2007, 11:43:58 AM »

Yeah, that's right.

I'm feelin' groovy.

singdaw

« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2007, 11:45:33 AM »

I'm on a roll. Somebody STOP me!

And risk a bitch-slap?  I don't THINK so!  :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2007, 11:46:10 AM »

Well, this it the current news.

Now that the doctor had the time to go over the results she said that it is very possible that Mom could pass at any moment but it could be a week or even a month.  They have no way of knowing.

In the mean time, I'm going to try to start to go back to work for a least a half a day.  My wonderful boss said I could come in at seven and leave whenever I needed to.  If I stay until 3:30, I'll get my eight hours in, leave before the traffic gets bad, go home, feed the dogs, get a shower or whatever needs to be done, get my work clothes for the next day and go stay with Mom in the evenings.

DR Danise, I think it's great.  I'm going to sound like a callous businessman but I'm telling you this because i love you.  You need to discuss with your mother the financial situation when she goes: is there a will, pensions or insurance policies/policy with you as beneficiary.  If there's no will, I'd suggest it be dones ASAP.

I send you my affection, my support, and a whole lotta love!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2007, 11:46:20 AM »

Just got an email from the FAT conductor of limitless ego and limited talent, Maestro the Whale.

I guess it's a good thing said "musician" isn't a regular reader at HHW!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2007, 11:48:04 AM »

I'm guessing it wasn't a felicitous greeting and inquiries after your health?

No, but it was amazing how, after being fired for incompetence at the insistence of a great conductor like Michael Tilson Thomas, the fat moron still hasn't a clue.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 12:58:32 PM by elmore3003 »

Jennifer

« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2007, 11:59:12 AM »

DR RonP, you love mirna? :)

Have you ever watched TAR?

Just asking. :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2007, 11:59:27 AM »

No, but it was amazing how, after being fired for incompetence by a insistence of a great conductor like Michael Tilson Thomas, the fat moron still hasn't a clue.

Sometimes it takes a house falling upon one's head....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2007, 11:59:57 AM »

DR RonP, you love mirna? :)

Have you ever watched TAR?

Just asking. :)

I've seen bits and pieces.

I think that team is a HOOT!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2007, 12:00:19 PM »

Sometimes, they're a hoot and a half.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up