Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BLANK WHITE PAGE  (Read 73027 times)

Miss Karen

Re:THE BLANK WHITE PAGE
« Reply #270 on: May 02, 2007, 03:41:58 PM »

Page 10 Already?  Time flies...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #271 on: May 02, 2007, 03:42:58 PM »

Further thanks-so-muches for the birthday wishes to Laura, Der Brucer, Tomovoz, George, Dakota, Woody, Ben, JRand, singdaw, Jose, and of course BK in the Notes.

Skip is busy at work out of the apartment until 4:30 or so, so we'll probably have a somewhat festive dinner, then off to see LEGALLY BLONDE (which I really wanted to see again on my birthday, and we've got 7th row, center section) with Dear Friends Maureen and Bill.  

Skip has set this Saturday as the day he and I will celebrate, then I'll celebrate with my parents and bro on Sunday.

So what have Dylan and Toby given you for your special day?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #272 on: May 02, 2007, 03:45:14 PM »

Additional thanks to Larry and Ginny.

Skip is gone for much of the day and I'm here with three dogs - Toby and Dylan, of course, and Mary Jay's dog Molly.  They all like the idea of having cake, but I don't think I'm gonna let them have any.
Aha, the answer!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #273 on: May 02, 2007, 03:48:47 PM »

From one Fred to another

Happy Birthday
Strange... I knew this Fred only has four fingers (including the opposing thumb) per hand, but I never realized he only has three toes on each foot!

OUR Fred is much more digital.  I've seen his hands.

I'm guessing about his feet.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #274 on: May 02, 2007, 03:51:06 PM »

Good morning, dear Esteemed, rested, rehearsed, sinewy, diaphanous, and guapo BK --

I had a thought for your dinner this evening.........

The Tam O'Shanter  over in that little funky "village" section of Los Feliz, east of the 5 freeway.

The theme is Scottish, but at least that's kind of close to Irish, and the food was still very good the last time I ate there.
A favorite of der Brucer's and mine.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #275 on: May 02, 2007, 03:53:32 PM »

White...

A blank page or canvas...
I have never been a blank page or canvas, I assure you.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #276 on: May 02, 2007, 03:58:03 PM »

Oh, Mr P, what ever happened with your co-worker?  Did you take her for a walk around the lake?  When's the wedding?

I've taken my walks when I had time and mentioned them to no one.

After a brief inquiry -- "Oh, Ron...did you walk today?" -- the subject has evaporated.

As for the wedding....how can I put this delicately ..... ummm...oh, well ... THBRT-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #277 on: May 02, 2007, 03:59:23 PM »

Page 10 Already?  Time flies...

Are "time flies" attracted to offal in the space-time continuum?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #278 on: May 02, 2007, 04:02:52 PM »

Thanks to my long-lost lookalike brother, Ron Pulliam.  (I keep thinking you should be celebrating with the family on Sunday, along with my brother who looks nothing like me.  :) )

Well...it would be an honor.  But...I  can tip a glass your way on Sunday...in the spirit of the occasion.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 04:03:28 PM by Ron Pulliam »

FJL

« Reply #279 on: May 02, 2007, 04:03:32 PM »

THE OFFAL TRUTH - that's the title of soemthing, right?

FJL

« Reply #280 on: May 02, 2007, 04:06:55 PM »

Ain't it offal, the meat
Ain't it offal?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #281 on: May 02, 2007, 04:07:36 PM »

Enjoy the male contingent this afternoon, DR JoseSPiano!
May you fantasize about each of them wearing their belts.

::)

(Oh, you did.)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 04:39:31 PM by S. Woody White »

singdaw

« Reply #282 on: May 02, 2007, 04:09:38 PM »

Greetings-

Zach and I are just back from a delicious 5 mile walk.  Oh, the weather is gorgeous!  :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #283 on: May 02, 2007, 04:17:54 PM »

And DR Elmo ~ Want me to hire a couple of wranglers to come out there and teach that fella he'd better not be messin' with our beloved orchestrator?

I actually had my revenge today.  I sent a rebuttal to the maestro, who had told me that he was sending all my future emails to his spam folder.  But, I also cc'd it to every person in town he's ever worked for.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #284 on: May 02, 2007, 04:19:04 PM »

What's the word on Bratty Spooghetti -- is he still AWOL or did the aliens return him?

I was about to ask the same question.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #285 on: May 02, 2007, 04:24:07 PM »

I was about to ask the same question.

People come....people go....

...it's like life at the Grand Hotel....

Miss Karen

« Reply #286 on: May 02, 2007, 04:28:41 PM »

THBRT-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T!

Okay, Porky.....

(I'll put the set of festive dish towels that I had selected for the happy couple away until notified of the impending nuptials)...

Miss Karen

« Reply #287 on: May 02, 2007, 04:30:06 PM »

People come....people go....

...it's like life at the Grand Hotel....

like, wow, man...

Miss Karen

« Reply #288 on: May 02, 2007, 04:33:46 PM »

Are "time flies" attracted to offal in the space-time continuum?

We can ask Bratty when he returns...

Tomovoz

« Reply #289 on: May 02, 2007, 04:40:15 PM »

Oz catching up is complete.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #290 on: May 02, 2007, 04:40:51 PM »

Magnus and Fosca are siding with the FJL clan.  CAKE FOR DOGS
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #291 on: May 02, 2007, 04:42:14 PM »

I actually had my revenge today.  I sent a rebuttal to the maestro, who had told me that he was sending all my future emails to his spam folder.  But, I also cc'd it to every person in town he's ever worked for.
I love theatre/musical folk.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #292 on: May 02, 2007, 04:45:28 PM »

For those who need to know - the Danish entry in this year's Eurovision Song Contest is "Drama Queen".

I'm sure the talented folk here can find a link to the song somewhere.

The UK and Israel entrants are bizarre!

The USA misses out on this wonderful part of European culture. (since 1956).  Dear Reader Laura would adore it.
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #293 on: May 02, 2007, 04:45:58 PM »

I just now got to read the notes---it was a h#ll of a day in CLOSER-land and I am exhausted from trying to churn out more and more new spots for testing, with a supervising producer nitpicking every little edit when we hae so much to do. Not to mention that I had planned to use my evenigs here after work to work on a wedding video in secret for one of my CLOSER producers. They just left and now I'm too tired to work on it or to even read the posts right now.

So I just dropped in to wish FJL a very very happy birthday!! I hope you have a fun-filled celebration planned. Do what I do and stretch it out all week!

Enjoy!!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singdaw

« Reply #294 on: May 02, 2007, 04:48:53 PM »

Tomovoz

« Reply #295 on: May 02, 2007, 04:50:32 PM »

DR SlammedDoor - We thoroughly enjoyed the disc - I did miss "Days Gone By" though.   It really is the most charming musical ever written.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #296 on: May 02, 2007, 04:52:12 PM »

Love the ribbon DR SingedFloor. Is it one of your own?
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #297 on: May 02, 2007, 04:54:04 PM »

I'm listening to Mitch Miller's Chorus. They've just informed me that we will all feel gay when Johnny comes marching home. (I think he's been home for ages!)
James Thurber 1957

singdaw

« Reply #298 on: May 02, 2007, 04:54:05 PM »

We thoroughly enjoyed the disc - I did miss "Days Gone By" though.   It really is the most charming musical ever written.

Glad to hear it!  Yes, the missing songs and verses of other songs are really inexcusable.  I mean, if they went through the trouble to create the darned thing, why didn't they just do the whole show?  But even abridged, it still charms!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #299 on: May 02, 2007, 04:55:04 PM »

Love the ribbon DR SingedFloor. Is it one of your own?

Yes...it's one of the ribbons I'll be wearing down my back...this Summer.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up