Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BLANK WHITE PAGE  (Read 73053 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THE BLANK WHITE PAGE
« Reply #300 on: May 02, 2007, 04:56:28 PM »

Another filmed version would be so welcome. Though I guess they would cast it with Idol winners or with  Beyoncé as Amalia etc.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #301 on: May 02, 2007, 04:57:28 PM »

Yes...it's one of the ribbons I'll be wearing down my back...this Summer.
It would be very "fetching" DR SingPAW
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

singdaw

« Reply #302 on: May 02, 2007, 05:00:39 PM »

Though I guess they would cast it with Idol winners or with  Beyoncé as Amalia etc.

That is just so wrong.  But sadly, so true.    :-\

Tomovoz

« Reply #303 on: May 02, 2007, 05:00:53 PM »

The Google links we are not supposed to mention at the top of the page have a link to "Lesbian Dating". Where is DR JMK - I don't blame Jose for that.
James Thurber 1957

singdaw

« Reply #304 on: May 02, 2007, 05:01:27 PM »

It would be very "fetching" DR SingPAW

Call me a retriever and throw me a bone!    :P

Tomovoz

« Reply #305 on: May 02, 2007, 05:01:54 PM »

and now "Bed - The Play" and "Wicked".  Is there a theme here?
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #306 on: May 02, 2007, 05:02:49 PM »

Call me a retriever and throw me a bone!    :P
A comment I shall leave for DR Jose.
James Thurber 1957

singdaw

« Reply #307 on: May 02, 2007, 05:04:25 PM »

Bretty is MIA.

I hope DR BrettySpaghetti is OK.  The last entry to his personal blog page was April 24th.

Tomovoz

« Reply #308 on: May 02, 2007, 05:05:52 PM »

Time for my morning walk - without dogs and very much not 5 miles.
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #309 on: May 02, 2007, 05:09:36 PM »

I hope DR BrettySpaghetti is OK.  The last entry to his personal blog page was April 24th.

Maybe he got bored with us and he's looking for a better glimpse of Hamburger Heaven.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #310 on: May 02, 2007, 05:24:40 PM »

There is nothing that interests me on television tonight.

Good Eats is a re-run.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #311 on: May 02, 2007, 05:25:51 PM »

Something simple for dinner tonight:

Bacon Avocado Cheeseburgers with French Fries and Onion Rings.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

singdaw

« Reply #312 on: May 02, 2007, 05:27:28 PM »

Look out...we're coming after you!

Ginny

« Reply #313 on: May 02, 2007, 05:35:37 PM »

Survived half a day of information waitressing in the middle of the week.  I only had to deliver the lecture once to a mom, who was calling for materials for her daughter's college research project, that sometimes one objective for such a project is that the student him/herself learn something about the process.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #314 on: May 02, 2007, 05:43:04 PM »

DR Jane ~ Is it a road trip or plane trip (haven't found that post yet)?

Both.  Tomorrow I'm flying to DC to meet our younger son & his dog.  Friday they will arrive
from Bucharest.  Then I will drive them to Pittsburgh & we will apartment hunt for a place near Carnegie-Mellon that accepts dogs.  Eventually Craig's girlfriend & cat will join him.  He will be there for a year while he gets his masters degree.  

Danise

« Reply #315 on: May 02, 2007, 05:55:12 PM »

Hi all.  I have to make this one kind of quick because we are getting ready to go to bed.  Mom is a little tired and I am going to get up at about five to go to work like I did today.

I had the scare of my life today.  While I was at work, I got a call that there was a “change” in Mom’s condition.  I practically flew down the hwy.  Of course I was thinking the very worst.

When I got to the Hospice house it turned out that the “change” was that they were putting her back on the Foley (spelling?) bag.  When I got to her room, the door was closed and I just about lost it.  I would like to say I am taking this well but I was almost in hysterics.  I was so frightened I thought I was going to pass out.  

Anyway all is well now but they did tell me that they tried to sit Mom up in a chair today and she got weak and dizzy as well.  

I was so out of it that when I went home to feed the dogs, I took a nap. Both crawled up with me in bed and wanted to cuddle.  I told them both what good dogs they are.

And I have to tell you how wonderful my boss and Thelma were.  They both met me at the Hospice house and were with me when I was sobbing my heart out in the living room.  I don’t even know how they knew what was going on because I didn’t call either of them and my boss wasn’t at work at the time of the call.  Someone from work must have called them.

They are talking about moving Mom to a more permanent home.  They agree it wouldn’t be good for her to go to our home, she needs 24 hour care and the house wouldn’t be the place to do that with it being so small.  

There isn’t much more to tell.  I shall attempt to go to work again tomorrow.  

Happy Birthday to our Dear FJL!  I’ll never forget you and Skips kindness in having us in your home or that wonderful day/night in NYC.  Thanks to DR Jose and everyone who was there.  It’s one of the memories I’m clinging to in this difficult time.

Safe travel vibes to DR Jane and her son and his dear dog.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #316 on: May 02, 2007, 05:55:29 PM »

Hello. Busy afternoon at work. Everyone at the Federal Building is starting to ask when my last day is and treating me like a short timer. I'm enjoying it
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 05:55:51 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #317 on: May 02, 2007, 05:59:15 PM »

{{{DANISE}}}  Vibes to you and your mother.  I'm so glad you have people who are there for you even when you don't ask for help.  Sounds like the people at work really care about you. I'm so glad you have that.

Danise

« Reply #318 on: May 02, 2007, 06:02:26 PM »

Thanks, DR Cillaliz.  I'm afraid I'm not handling this as well as I thought I would.  In fact, it has been suggested I go see the doctor for some chill pills.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #319 on: May 02, 2007, 06:02:44 PM »

Oh Danise, thank you for your sweet thoughts about us.  I'm sorry they scared the heck out you, and extremely relieved and grateful your friends were at the hospital with you.

Danise

« Reply #320 on: May 02, 2007, 06:03:14 PM »

I think part of it is that I am so tired and stressed and stressed and tired.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #321 on: May 02, 2007, 06:04:30 PM »

Danise, are there any mild "chill pills" that won't make you drowsy?  A little adavan or valium at night might not be a bad idea.  Just make sure you get something you can cut in half.

Danise

« Reply #322 on: May 02, 2007, 06:04:36 PM »

Oh Danise, thank you for your sweet thoughts about us.  I'm sorry they scared the heck out you, and extremely relieved and grateful your friends were at the hospital with you.

Your so welcome.  

:)

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #323 on: May 02, 2007, 06:06:14 PM »

Danise, are there any mild "chill pills" that won't make you drowsy?  A little adavan or valium at night might not be a bad idea.  Just make sure you get something you can cut in half.

I guess that's something I'm going to have to find out if/when I get time to go see the doctor.  I had some chill pills last year that I got from my gyn after my surgery but  never took them and I can't find them.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #324 on: May 02, 2007, 06:06:18 PM »

After I lost my father I used half to a full tablet, of the lowest dosage, of Adavan for a week.  You can't take it very long or it becomes adictive.  Knowing that should make you less afraid of using it, since you know you will only take it when really needed.

Jane

« Reply #325 on: May 02, 2007, 06:07:57 PM »

As you said, getting sleep would help & those pills relax me enough that I can sleep.  There don't make you groggy like a sleeping pill, the idea is to relax, not zonk out.

Danise

« Reply #326 on: May 02, 2007, 06:08:12 PM »

I hate to post and run but I have to get up at five to go to work.

I am trying to get all the rest I can but it seems like even though I sleep, it doesn't help.  I'm just as tired when I wake up.  I don't think sleeping on this couch thing in Mom's room is helping.  The nap I got this afternoon did wonders but it was in my own bed.

Good night all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #327 on: May 02, 2007, 06:08:24 PM »

{{{{{{{{{DR Danise}}}}}}}}}

You're handling this as well as anyone could be expected to.  The nap you took sounds like the best thing you could have done after such a trauma.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #328 on: May 02, 2007, 06:09:04 PM »

DR Danise, do what you have to to take care of yourself.  You have been so strong and are going through such a stressful time. There isn't anything wrong with getting whatever help you need to get through this.

Jane

« Reply #329 on: May 02, 2007, 06:09:35 PM »

You spelled Foley correctly.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up