Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BILINGUAL SUSPENDERS  (Read 69725 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE BILINGUAL SUSPENDERS
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2007, 01:56:17 PM »

Heading down now to get a head start on DREAMGIRLS.

WBBL
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2007, 01:58:19 PM »

Page Seven Lucius Malfoy Dance!!!

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2007, 02:21:15 PM »

It's been an at-my-desk day here at work.  This morning I sent emails promoting the May programs for nonprofits, then went to lunch with a friend who works in another department.  We went to our favorite bagel cafe, where I had a sun-dried tomato bagel with fresh veggies and low-fat cream cheese - yum.  This afternoon I was supposed to "attend" a free eSeminar, but there were technical difficulties.  Oh, well.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2007, 02:39:13 PM »

Sure, one can't get too many hugs..
A Hug for Boo-Key!

That's the title of either my next illustrated children's book, or the cheap VCR tape I'm sending to DR Elmore.

:o

::)

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #184 on: May 03, 2007, 02:40:40 PM »

Thanks for the "insight", S. Woody.
You're welcome.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #185 on: May 03, 2007, 02:43:15 PM »

Thank you, DR Miss Karen! No one from NYMF has returned my call, and I'm afraid if I'm too anxious, they'll reject The Brain.

In 30 minutes, I'm off to the doctor.  This morning, after a great deal of discomfort, I scheduled an emergency appointment to have this awful back pain examined.
Back vibes to you, DR Elmore!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

Tomovoz

« Reply #186 on: May 03, 2007, 02:46:15 PM »

Isn't that a childrens' rhyme:

Lumbago , rise and try some yoga?

(If the original means nothing then please ignore this post as being a cultural oddity)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #187 on: May 03, 2007, 02:50:22 PM »

...mini-break time is over, so back to Errant and Truant (good friends of mine these days...)..that can be my new nickname, ET
Dorothy runs across the barnyard to the storm cellar doors, with Toto in her arms.  Unable to get the doors to open, and with the tornado bearing down in her direction, she screams in terror -

Auntie ET!  Auntie ET!

Ginny

« Reply #188 on: May 03, 2007, 02:53:43 PM »

I have to be x-rayed for "lumbago," which seems a portmanteau for numerous back pains.  On the positive side, my blood pressure is great!

DH Richard and I can both speak from experience - back pain is NO fun.  Feel better soon, DR Elmore!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2007, 03:08:16 PM »

DR Elmore - That very small man who "conducts" may have a small doll with pins in its back. Buy one of your own and place the pins in interesting places.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2007, 03:15:20 PM »

Or take the small doll and send it to DR DakotaCelt, for some "aroma therapy"!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2007, 03:27:40 PM »

Since the heat is still on at the library they have the front doors open and it really reeks!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2007, 03:29:48 PM »

Since the heat is still on at the library they have the front doors open and it really reeks!

Because the doors are open?  Or because the heat is on?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2007, 04:11:33 PM »

Der Brucer is outside, weed-whacking the growth along the street (our "yard").

He wasn't happy when I told him that the goldenrod had to go.  "They're weeds," I said.  "By whose standards?" he protested.

And we've got to head to the store, for din-din stuff.

I'm thinking a chile relleno casarole for the fifth.  This still leaves me puzzling over tonight's dinner (what, oh what to do with chicken thighs) and tomorrow (what, oh what to do when I've an evening shift that doesn't end until nine).

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2007, 04:12:39 PM »

I thought the Queen looked refreshingly lovely today, dressed in lilac and Barbie pink.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2007, 04:17:33 PM »

Because the doors are open?  Or because the heat is on?

Brain fry...

Doors are open because of the heat being on
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2007, 04:43:26 PM »

Brain fry...

Doors are open because of the heat being on

And the reek?  Coming from the outside or the inside?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2007, 04:44:28 PM »

Amazon.com has told me it is sending a replacement Tyrone Power DVD box via 1-day express shipping.  I got the shipping notification this afternoon.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2007, 04:49:28 PM »

Woods

Merrily

Sunday

Sweeney

Many thanks, DR Singdaw.  

Based on Steven Suskin's reviews on Playbill.com, I'm considering ordering SWEENEY, WOODS and SUNDAY.  Not so much for the extras, but for the improved sound.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2007, 04:54:02 PM »

Still catching up.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

François

« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2007, 04:55:06 PM »

And the reek?  Coming from the outside or the inside?

You must have skipped posts, DR Ron, because DCelt has mentioned the foul smell that pervades her whole neighborhood.....

« Reply #143 on: Today at 11:31:45am »    Reply with quote
The attack of Skunkus Dinosaurus...

Yesterday the day dawned bright and the birds sang however, there was a foul odor in the air and it grew worse as the day went on.

A chat show on the radio had callers describing the smell the covered the cities of Fargo, Moorhead, West Fargo and Dilworth and could be detected as much as 10 miles away. Yes we were caught in a stench the size of a dinosaur!

I loved the guesses in this stinky mystery:

The lies of Bush and Cheney are beginning to reek
NDSU cow barns having a fart
a warehouse of rotten eggs
Industrial fart
The BEet Plant.

One woman who was driving in from Barnesville, MN even remarked that it was either the beet plant or the fossiled remains of skunkus dinosaurus have been found and it was letting the stink off.

Of course the local beet plant, American Crystal Sugar denied initially and said it was perhaps a dead animal or two along the river.  IMHO, one dead animal would not give off a stench to cover 20 square miles.

AS of late last night MPCA and the EPA traced it back to the beet plant. Their explanation... We stand by our assertions.

IT was foul!

« Last Edit: Today at 11:34:08am by DakotaCelt »
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 04:56:59 PM by François »

François

« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2007, 04:59:40 PM »

Amazon.com has told me it is sending a replacement Tyrone Power DVD box via 1-day express shipping.  I got the shipping notification this afternoon.

Amazon.com delivery -- at least for foreign customers -- is now VERY slow!

More than a month to deliver an order from the US to Canada!

Ain't what it used to be! :-\

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2007, 05:00:11 PM »

It's a gala night at Alice Tully Hall on PBS tonight.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #203 on: May 03, 2007, 05:05:25 PM »

Just read the story about the "judge" who is suing a dry cleaners for $65 mil.  I hope they hang HIM out to try.  This is everything that's wrong with the judicial system in this country - someone who has money abusing the system.  I know this from first hand experience, believe me.  This cretin should be dis-barred and thrown out of town on a rail.  Happily, there is a groundswell of support for the Korean cleaners, and one prominent person is asking that this judge not have his position renewed (it's coming up).  They need to protect people who are sued for frivolous and malicious reasons by wealthy people who ultimately have to settle cases they might even win because they can't afford to keep on with it, said settlement coming only after the wealthy and malicious people have cost the person their suing so much money that they've probably harmed them for years to come.

I saw an interview on TV with the couple who are being sued and it was just heartbreaking what that guy is doing to them.  He is not a nice man. >:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2007, 05:07:48 PM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!  Good Evening!

-Just "catching up" as it were on my daily greetings, and now I shall catch up on today's posts.

*Can you say, "Overtime"?
Make Your Own Luck.

François

« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2007, 05:08:00 PM »

Many thanks, DR Singdaw.  

Based on Steven Suskin's reviews on Playbill.com, I'm considering ordering SWEENEY, WOODS and SUNDAY.  Not so much for the extras, but for the improved sound.

May I suggest this store to get those at a very good price and much better service than amazon.com; their postal charges are unbeattable!
BK has been a customer of them in the past and can testify how efficient they are!
My recommendation:

http://www.cdconnection.com/

François

« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2007, 05:10:22 PM »

Many thanks, DR Singdaw.  

You are right; Angela NOW sounds like Patti L.! :D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2007, 05:12:51 PM »

Many thanks, DR Singdaw.  

Speaking of Steven Suskin, I saw him yesterday.  We talked about The Brain and his new book. He says Fynsworth Alley never sends him anything to review.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2007, 05:19:48 PM »

Speaking of Steven Suskin, I saw him yesterday.  We talked about The Brain and his new book. He says Fynsworth Alley never sends him anything to review.

Are they actually still producing new stuff?? ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2007, 05:20:24 PM »

Interesting tidbit:

At three minutes and four seconds after 2:00 AM on the 6th of May this year, and again after 2:00 PM on Sunday, the time and date will be:

02:03:04 05/06/07[/size]

:D

Of course, this is only in America.  In England and other countries, the date 05/06/07 is read as 5 June, 2007.  So, this phenomenon will happen again. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up