Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BILINGUAL SUSPENDERS  (Read 69479 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE BILINGUAL SUSPENDERS
« Reply #240 on: May 03, 2007, 07:21:12 PM »

No, mine came very quickly.

Mine, too. :-\

« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 07:21:58 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

François

« Reply #241 on: May 03, 2007, 07:26:32 PM »

Well, ain't that something --- a road kill cake ...  hmmm, what sort of event/party would you serve a possum cake at?

At a Dame Edna party, mate!! ;)

François

« Reply #242 on: May 03, 2007, 07:26:50 PM »

Possum cake dance!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #243 on: May 03, 2007, 07:27:38 PM »

Matthew, e-mail them again and tell them you are a friend of mine - that should get them off their asses.

Cillaliz

« Reply #244 on: May 03, 2007, 07:29:14 PM »

DR Cillaliz...

I was wondering, if during the course of your work day, you are required to track billable hours.  I would hate it if I had to to that!

[how would I record all the time spent at HHW, for example?   :) ]
Well, we sort of do...they aren't billable, so no one is very careful about it. It's just the government making us keep track. We get paid a salary so it is what it is.   I will have to do billable hours in the future, but I just wouldn't bill for the time I'm on HHW.  When I can work like I want to, it ends up like today. I worked all morning, did a few things out of the office in the afternoon (my worst time to concentrate) then I went back and did some writing for about 2 1/2 hours tonight when it's quiet and I can concentrate.  
I'm looking forward to being able to do that again

singdaw

« Reply #245 on: May 03, 2007, 07:35:09 PM »

DR Tomovoz - I just got home, and found that your package arrived today...thank you so very much!  As it is late, and at the end of a very long day, with a very early morning tomorrow, it will remain until the weekend to find out if I'm compatible, but find out I shall.

Thanks again!   :)   :)

singdaw

« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2007, 07:37:17 PM »

Only 3 pages in the last 6 hours?  Sheesh!

Cillaliz

« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2007, 07:39:38 PM »

Just read the story about the "judge" who is suing a dry cleaners for $65 mil.  I hope they hang HIM out to try.  This is everything that's wrong with the judicial system in this country - someone who has money abusing the system.  I know this from first hand experience, believe me.  This cretin should be dis-barred and thrown out of town on a rail.  Happily, there is a groundswell of support for the Korean cleaners, and one prominent person is asking that this judge not have his position renewed (it's coming up).  They need to protect people who are sued for frivolous and malicious reasons by wealthy people who ultimately have to settle cases they might even win because they can't afford to keep on with it, said settlement coming only after the wealthy and malicious people have cost the person their suing so much money that they've probably harmed them for years to come.

I agree with you on this one BK, and the problem is all these frivilous law suits hurt the people who are really harmed and need to use the justice system as it was really intended

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2007, 07:50:16 PM »

Matthew - I just spoke to Buy Soundtrax, and your CD will be on its way in the next day or so.  Apparently, all paypal orders from the last two weeks just sat there because the guy who processes them had to have surgery.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #249 on: May 03, 2007, 07:50:31 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #250 on: May 03, 2007, 07:50:52 PM »

Not really in a movie mood, so I think I'll watch the Brando documentary on TCM.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #251 on: May 03, 2007, 07:51:22 PM »

Post, you blackguards, or you'll feel me whip on your fine, soft fleshy bits.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #252 on: May 03, 2007, 08:03:06 PM »

I was going to post something, but I forgot what it was. Must have been important.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #253 on: May 03, 2007, 08:06:02 PM »

Hi! Long day. Boo has been throwing up a lot lately so we went to the vet again where I learned "Cats were designed for vomiting" I had to really laugh at that one.  

Now I have meds to give her....to help with her acid reflux. She got an anti-inflamatory shot too. She's like a new cat tonight, or I should say like her old self, running around, fighting with Callie and now she's curled up on my lap purring.

Cillaliz

« Reply #254 on: May 03, 2007, 08:10:50 PM »

Since this has been chronic, the vet is giving her 30 days and if she's not better, he said he'll need to do a scope and look at her esophagus,stomach and on down.  I'm hoping to avoid that.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #255 on: May 03, 2007, 08:13:21 PM »

Since this has been chronic, the vet is giving her 30 days and if she's not better, he said he'll need to do a scope and look at her esophagus,stomach and on down.  I'm hoping to avoid that.  

..........and so is the cat!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #256 on: May 03, 2007, 08:14:28 PM »

Oh, on the bright side, I had a call telling me that the new office has been painted and there was a sample of the carpet I picked out available for me to take home.   So after the jaunt to the vet, I took Boo home and then went to the new office.   I love the paint.  and the carpet looks great with it.  I brought the sample home and it goes perfectly with the chairs I bought. Cool beans

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #257 on: May 03, 2007, 08:14:52 PM »

I leave for three hours and we're still on page seven?  Will we never get to page eight?

Certainly.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #258 on: May 03, 2007, 08:14:53 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #259 on: May 03, 2007, 08:16:40 PM »

So now you know why I had to go back to the office for 2 1/2 hours tonight

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #260 on: May 03, 2007, 08:16:43 PM »

I am posting.

My thumb was green all day today.

I am watching The Office.

The end.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Matt H.

« Reply #261 on: May 03, 2007, 08:18:53 PM »

I had more than two hours before prime time tonight, and so I watched the Blu-ray disc of DREAMGIRLS. I enjoyed it just as much as when I saw it in the theater. I was even more impressed with Eddie Murphy's work (particularly his vocals) hearing them through my surround sound set-up.

The video quality of the Blu-ray is definitely reference quality high def video, a sharp and colorful as anything I've seen yet on the format. Superb.

The audio is a Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 surround track (higher bit rate than regular Dolby Digital), and it's superb, too. Not as thrilling as CHICAGO's Blu-ray audio track, but very, very pleasurable.

Matt H.

« Reply #262 on: May 03, 2007, 08:22:06 PM »

And, DR JRand: DREAMGIRLS is a 2.35:1 film (I had forgotten it was this wide), so if you're watching a full frame version, you're missing 45% of the picture and can't possibly make an informed decision about the quality of the film. Yes, you're going to hear the music side well enough, but the framing of the film, the choreography of the numbers, and the overall direction is going to be horribly distorted by the cropping.

Hate to keep harping on it, but it DOES make a difference.

Cillaliz

« Reply #263 on: May 03, 2007, 08:22:39 PM »

I am quite sleepy. It's been quite a week.  The other lawyer is gone tomorrow and I think I've got an easy day. I"m looking forward to hanging out at the office, organizing some files and basically doing a lot of nothing.

Cillaliz

« Reply #264 on: May 03, 2007, 08:23:15 PM »

So, is there a photo of the green thumbs?  Did I miss it?

Matt H.

« Reply #265 on: May 03, 2007, 08:23:32 PM »

I enjoyed UGLY BETTY very much. I was hoping Daniel would do something about Betty's problem. Henry and Betty continue to make beautiful music together. I was surprised the Alexis storyline took the turn it did so soon.

Matt H.

« Reply #266 on: May 03, 2007, 08:25:21 PM »

GREY'S ANATOMY.

Well,as for Addison's pilot sequences for her new series, I like every one of those actors who would be regulars, and I didn't like ANY of the characters they were playing. Perhaps they would grow on me after a time, but my initial impression wasn't a positive one.

FJL

« Reply #267 on: May 03, 2007, 08:26:37 PM »

Nice review, Bruce!

Cillaliz

« Reply #268 on: May 03, 2007, 08:26:42 PM »

The building manager was trying to be helpful today. She told me that there was a conference table and chairs that I could get for a donation to a group in the building. So I went to look at it.  It looked like a broken big kitchen table with chairs that didn't match each other.   I realize she was trying to help them get rid of it and help me get a table, but it was in sad shape.  I can do better than that. I thanked her and told her I'd think about it.

Matt H.

« Reply #269 on: May 03, 2007, 08:27:05 PM »

As for the Seattle Grace part of tonight's two hour episode, I thought they got the shaft. Baby steps forward with all of the characters, but naturally they're whom I'm really interested in, and we hardly got to spend any quality time with them. Frustrating.

I was very surprised about the Mare Winningham storyline.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up