Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: MY LIDS ARE HEAVY  (Read 91221 times)

Cillaliz

Re:MY LIDS ARE HEAVY
« Reply #300 on: May 08, 2007, 05:53:39 PM »

Of course, nothing can beat the OJ spectacle for courtroom drama. Except maybe the Evelyn Nesbit spectacle.

I represented a witness today whose first two names were Orenthal James...  

Cillaliz

« Reply #301 on: May 08, 2007, 05:55:11 PM »

I try to forget that three-ring circus. I nearly quit watching the telly during the whole trail.

Oh I loved it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #302 on: May 08, 2007, 05:55:50 PM »

Missouri Valley, Iowa

About 75 miles south of Sioux City

der Brucer

Edi! I told you to come and get your rain!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #303 on: May 08, 2007, 05:59:00 PM »

Lumpy was Clarence Rutherford son of Fred and Gwyn Rutherford and a friend of Wally Cleaver's.

Fred was sort of Ward's boss at the insurance office, and June always got dressed up when they went over to the Rutherford's house to play bridge.  8)

June got dressed up to empty the garbage!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #304 on: May 08, 2007, 06:01:16 PM »

Der Brucer is enjoying the results of my remembering the story titled "The Randy Vicar and the Spatchcocked Bird."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #305 on: May 08, 2007, 06:02:57 PM »

Spatchcock = To Butterfly.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #306 on: May 08, 2007, 06:03:08 PM »

Remember if you do it once, it becomes YOUR job.  :-X

Really?  That makes me a hooker!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #307 on: May 08, 2007, 06:10:21 PM »

What I understand happened in Missouri Valley was partly the rain, but a levee broke and the town is in a bowl shaped valley, so it filled with water.   I don't know how it is today. That's the area where they had to close the interstate because it was under water.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #308 on: May 08, 2007, 06:13:47 PM »

Basically, what I did was remove the backbone from a whole roasting chicken, then took out the cartilage separating the breasts.  This made it easy to lay the bird flat in the pan.

I then made a compound butter with the lemon and lime zest and fresh cilantro, and stuffed that under the skin of the breasts and the legs/thighs.  Started the roasting at 450 F for 15 minutes, turned down the temp to 360 F and basted the bird with it's juices, and rebasted every 15 minutes over the next 45 minutes.  I turned the oven off and let the bird rest in the oven with the door cracked open.

Sides were shoestring fries, baked beans, and cole slaw.

Der Brucer is quite happy with the result.

I'll eat later - I had lunch after I came home from work.

singdaw

« Reply #309 on: May 08, 2007, 06:13:49 PM »

Crunchy Cow = Roast beef, sprouts, cucumber and cream cheese on a wheat roll (6" like Subway)

Thanks, DR Cillaliz!!  Sounds DEE-lish.

singdaw

« Reply #310 on: May 08, 2007, 06:16:43 PM »

Being purposefully oblique and obscure, if anyone would like copies of the bonus tracks mentioned here, please let me know.    ::)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #311 on: May 08, 2007, 06:19:13 PM »

News from work - I get to train all the new cart wranglers.  Dixie and Bob want to keep them away from the old cart wranglers who can't be bothered to work for their paychecks.

This could be fun!

It's nice to be trusted like this, too.

Now, if only I could get my feet to stop hurting.  First the small of my left foot was acting up, this morning the spot behind my right ankle took over, halfway through my shift today (at the register) my left leg muscle was aching, and now my right leg muscle is pulling the same stunt.

:-\

I think this means I'm getting older.  And the wranglers I'll be training are what, a third of my age?

Maybe I'd better re-think what I'm getting into.

Ginny

« Reply #312 on: May 08, 2007, 06:21:56 PM »

Ok, it is official...I will arrive in New York, New York early on the morning of June 28th and will be kicked out of town leave the evening of Monday July 2nd.

Oh, perfect, DR MBarnum!  DH Richard and I are scheduled to arrive by train from Washington, DC, on the afternoon of June 28 and fly out late in the afternoon of Monday, July 2!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #313 on: May 08, 2007, 06:23:01 PM »

Really?  That makes me a hooker!

No, you're redeemed, because you've turned over a new leaf.   :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #314 on: May 08, 2007, 06:23:34 PM »

Crunchy Cow = Roast beef, sprouts, cucumber and cream cheese on a wheat roll (6" like Subway)
Add some red or green leaf lettuce, substitute a big flour tortilla for the roll, and this sounds like a very nice wrap!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #315 on: May 08, 2007, 06:25:24 PM »

Ok, it is official...I will arrive in New York, New York early on the morning of June 28th and will be kicked out of town leave the evening of Monday July 2nd.
Be kicked out of town
Be ridden out of town on a rail
Make a graceful exit.

;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #316 on: May 08, 2007, 06:27:02 PM »

I had  a really long day at work but managed to get a haircut (same style as the avatar), set up my business bank account, talk to my insurance agent and get that crunchy cow for lunch.   It was a good day.  The best thing is that I have two pretty light days scheduled tomorrow and the next day and the others in the office will be leaving sometime tomorrow to go to Des Moines to attend the interviews for my replacement.  

Our office computer guru is coming up to install a computer and hang out with me at the office.  We get a long great so it should be fun.  

Ginny

« Reply #317 on: May 08, 2007, 06:27:28 PM »

DS Rob just left after being here after work to cut the grass.  I rewarded him with dinner from The Jug, an authentic drive-in just up the street from our house.  DH Richard's parents dated there (when it was at another location) when they were in high school and DS Rob worked as a cook 3 summers ago.  It's a true sign of summer when you can get a double cheeseburger (no onions, no middle bread), fries, and root beer in a frosted mug.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #318 on: May 08, 2007, 06:28:25 PM »

I'm green with envy about the late June NYC trip. You all must promise detailed updates and many photos!!!

Ginny

« Reply #319 on: May 08, 2007, 06:30:06 PM »

I'm green with envy about the late June NYC trip. You all must promise detailed updates and many photos!!!

Can't we talk you into joining us?  Isn't there some piece of office furniture that you can only get in Manhattan?

Cillaliz

« Reply #320 on: May 08, 2007, 06:32:25 PM »

Over the next couple days I will be sorting through all the files and "stuff" in my desk and file cabinet, and the piles on my desk.   I will throw things away, shred to beat the band and pack up things I won't need for the next couple months but will want to take to my new office.     I'm also going to print out all the work I want to save and put it in 3 ring binders so I can have it if I need it.  (not likely, but one never knows)

Cillaliz

« Reply #321 on: May 08, 2007, 06:35:17 PM »

Can't we talk you into joining us?  Isn't there some piece of office furniture that you can only get in Manhattan?
I would love to, but that isn't going to happen.  June 29th is my last day, so there will be documents to sign, keys to turn in, things to move to the new office, etc.  

However, since I'm flying United to the conference in Orlando (giving me enough points for a free ticket) and since I have mucho Marriott points (enough for a couple free nights already),  I could be convinced to go during the next HHW NYC gathering....and by then I will once again be an independent woman!!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:35:58 PM by Cillaliz »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #322 on: May 08, 2007, 06:36:50 PM »

The small pooch is Mikey, an eight year old pug-terrier mix (we think) recused from the pound when he was about 7 weeks old.

The blonde next to him is Bonnie, a Basenji-Terrier mix (we think) stray that joined us with Buster two weeks before we left Long Beach.

der Brucer
Three weeks, not two.

And it should be noted that Bonnie and Buster and sister and brother.  As far as we can tell.  Same size, same coloring, same shape.  She just happens to have pointy ears and a smooth, short coat, while his ears flop and his coat is long and shaggy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #323 on: May 08, 2007, 06:38:19 PM »

Good lord, could Nellie Furtado possibly sing any more through her nose???

Cillaliz

« Reply #324 on: May 08, 2007, 06:38:43 PM »

I'm watching Dancing With the Stars.

Cillaliz

« Reply #325 on: May 08, 2007, 06:41:26 PM »

I may not be right about the flooding in Mo. Valley. That's what I heard, but now I'm reading they voluntarily evacuated the town of Red Oak. Hmm.  This isn't 1993 flood porportions yet, but if the rain keeps up at the pace it's been this month, it very well could be.   That was a nightmare.  I spent my birthday filling sand bags....heck, I spent most of the summer filling sand bags....that was my first year in private practice...

Cillaliz

« Reply #326 on: May 08, 2007, 06:43:13 PM »

Master P the dancing fairy??  LOL, the results show is really pretty bad

Cillaliz

« Reply #327 on: May 08, 2007, 06:44:45 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #328 on: May 08, 2007, 06:45:05 PM »

8800 - no biggie, just decided to get there

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #329 on: May 08, 2007, 06:46:46 PM »

I don't think I have anything more to say tonight.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up