Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: MY LIDS ARE HEAVY  (Read 90423 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:MY LIDS ARE HEAVY
« Reply #360 on: May 08, 2007, 09:11:51 PM »

May 8: A Sotheby's employee presents a cushion-shaped yellow diamond weighing 102.54 carats, left, and a pear-shaped yellow diamond weighing 82.48 carats in Geneva, Switzerland. The Donnersmack diamonds may fetch $1.5 million at auction May 17.

der Brucer

"Donnersmack" - sounds like a cannibal challenge to a duel

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #361 on: May 08, 2007, 09:15:13 PM »

...Just had to get that out of the way...  In any case...

I had a wonderful time tonight in the bowels of the Schoenfeld Theatre.  That orchestration - even though some of it has been adjusted for the revival - is truly thrilling in places.  And since the orchestra is in a room under the stage, I was in true "Surround Sound".

It was also neat/good to realize that piano part is basically the same.  There is more exposed stuff in the Tap Dance sequence - which I still feel is a few ticks too fast - but there are other parts where the piano part is simpler.  There's no real opening right now in the pit - well, maybe, but... - but if I were to be called in as an emergency sub, I really don't think I'd have any issues playing the book.

*And there was one bit of "excitement" tonight to up above...  Apparently, something happened to the actress who plays Val, and she was rushed to the hospital after the Montage sequence - luckily, everyone leaves the stage for "Music and the Mirror" anyway.  So, when the cast came back on for the "One" rehearsal sequence, the swing was now playing Val.  And she's a redhead - the "real" Val is blond.  So...  We all wondered just how long it took for the audience to notice the change, if they did at all.  ;)   Needless to say, the "Alternatives" sequence was a bit "interesting".  -So, what would you do if you couldn't dance anymore?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #362 on: May 08, 2007, 09:15:54 PM »

Hmmm... I really want to call Domino's right now... Pepperoni and Mushroom... Hmm..
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #363 on: May 08, 2007, 09:16:36 PM »

DR DerBrucer - You're really spreading the sunshine tonight, aren't ya'?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #364 on: May 08, 2007, 09:20:15 PM »

Really?  That makes me a hooker!

You make carpets?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #365 on: May 08, 2007, 09:21:52 PM »

I didn't know there was anywhere in the world where going to Starbucks was a three mile trip  ;)

Hmm... Not that would be interesting walking tour... The Starbucks of New York City.

NOT![/b]
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #366 on: May 08, 2007, 09:23:12 PM »

DR Dan (the Man) and DearReaderLaura - You guys had all the cool toys!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #367 on: May 08, 2007, 09:24:27 PM »

Being purposefully oblique and obscure, if anyone would like copies of the bonus tracks mentioned here, please let me know.    ::)

I was going to ask, "Have you no shame?", but I guess we know the answer that question now.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #368 on: May 08, 2007, 09:25:56 PM »

Does anyone know anything about the Paramount Hotel in New York?

I do.  It has a neat but slightly confusing lobby.  The rooms are on the small side, but they are nicely appointed.

-So what list were looking at?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #369 on: May 08, 2007, 09:27:06 PM »

So, back from the verge of the Apocalypse.

After a call from my DM, I went out to the street to see if I could see any of the chaos up in Griffith Park (it is where I usually run on wonderfully beautiful, sunny days like today was), as I hadn't really been out to check it out today.  I walked about halfway up the block to see if there was anything in relation to the billion-dollar-fresh-off-the-remodel Griffith Observatory, which I can see from here, to find that there was a flank of the fire within a half-mile at most.  As I stood and described it to my DM, I decided to be like every other tenant in my complex and head up to the roof to see what I could see...

And it looked like a warzone.  The flank I saw was the westmost point of the fire - the wind was blowing all of the smoke to the east, and in doing so, it illuminated the other licks of flame that were dotting the hills.  Very creepy to see all of that happening so close to my apartment.

Luckily, it isn't threatening (nor do I think it will) my area, but it is still very scary to stand up there and watch fires raging so close to you.  Along with the rest of humanity up there, filming and taking pictures...

Nothing like mankind's obsession towards those things that have the power to destroy it.
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #370 on: May 08, 2007, 09:28:24 PM »

And speaking of walking tours...

I picked up the new issue of Time Out New York (TONY) tonight.  And it has a great article of various walking tours, as well, as some off the beaten path walks in Central Park - including one "edible" one.

Bring your gardening shears!
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #371 on: May 08, 2007, 09:29:30 PM »

There is more exposed stuff in the Tap Dance sequence -

Nude tap?

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #372 on: May 08, 2007, 09:29:49 PM »

After a call from my DM, I went out to the street to see if I could see any of the chaos up in Griffith Park (it is where I usually run on wonderfully beautiful, sunny days like today was), as I hadn't really been out to check it out today.  I walked about halfway up the block to see if there was anything in relation to the billion-dollar-fresh-off-the-remodel Griffith Observatory, which I can see from here, to find that there was a flank of the fire within a half-mile at most.  As I stood and described it to my DM, I decided to be like every other tenant in my complex and head up to the roof to see what I could see...

And it looked like a warzone.  The flank I saw was the westmost point of the fire - the wind was blowing all of the smoke to the east, and in doing so, it illuminated the other licks of flame that were dotting the hills.  Very creepy to see all of that happening so close to my apartment.

Luckily, it isn't threatening (nor do I think it will) my area, but it is still very scary to stand up there and watch fires raging so close to you.  Along with the rest of humanity up there, filming and taking pictures...

Nothing like mankind's obsession towards those things that have the power to destroy it.

My friend, Chris, lives right by Albertson's up the hill from you (I guess).  I should give him a call.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #373 on: May 08, 2007, 09:33:40 PM »

And I get chided for posting one little-ole picture 8)

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #374 on: May 08, 2007, 09:35:47 PM »

I am very very frustrated with my laptop tonight. I'm thinking that maybe someone is using my unsecured network, so I'm going to start unplugging it when I'm not using it so it's unreliable to any neighboring thiefs.   My computer was only screwed up when the wireless was online  and it was VERY slow.  

I did a full system virus scan and defragmented. It still is slow.  

I keep thinking my new neighbors wireless network is causing problems for my weather radio and my internet.  Am I crazy or is that possible

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #375 on: May 08, 2007, 09:35:54 PM »

The picture is amazing -- but pardon the pun, it doesn't hold a flame to what it looks like at night.  Verrrrry creepy.  
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #376 on: May 08, 2007, 09:36:36 PM »

I am caught up.

I have nothing to say.

I don't know from courtroom dramas.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #377 on: May 08, 2007, 09:37:09 PM »

Alright - so as to combat whatever ailment is currently in my system, I think I am off -- try and get some good sleep in this evening...the last night I'll be able to get to bed at a regular hour for the rest of the week.

Cillaliz

« Reply #378 on: May 08, 2007, 09:38:46 PM »

They once did a "controlled burn" across the road from my house at the lake (it's really in the country)  They had no fire department there and it was acres and acres burning.  They had told the county that they would have adequate people there to keep the fire under control.  2 guys with shovels.   The fire almost jumped the road to my trees.

We had no notice about it. When I went outside and looked across the road, all I could see was flames.   It was terrifying.  I have photos somewhere. One of a firetruck someone called who is driving away from the flames...it wasn't their jurisdiction and it was a "controlled burn"

Cillaliz

« Reply #379 on: May 08, 2007, 09:40:01 PM »

Now that I know it's just my laptop or the wireless, I am going to disconnect the modem and get some sleep.  

FJL

« Reply #380 on: May 08, 2007, 09:50:40 PM »

Jose - I will have an extra ticket for the rehearsal tomorrow night, but I don't know if the seats will be particularly good until i pick them up, which I'll TRY to do betwen 12 and 1 tomorrow.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #381 on: May 08, 2007, 09:56:49 PM »

Jose - I will have an extra ticket for the rehearsal tomorrow night, but I don't know if the seats will be particularly good until i pick them up, which I'll TRY to do betwen 12 and 1 tomorrow.

A ticket is a ticket.  And it is the final dress, all the center orchestra seats will be roped off anyway.  *Now, if you happen to have two... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #382 on: May 08, 2007, 09:57:31 PM »

I'm green with envy about the late June NYC trip. You all must promise detailed updates and many photos!!!

Don't be envious Cillaliz...come and join us!

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #383 on: May 08, 2007, 10:11:17 PM »

I too see the flamage, and it is just making everything hotter. How dare that man.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #384 on: May 08, 2007, 10:14:14 PM »

Does anyone have the story about the creep who started the fire?  All I heard was that they caught him.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #385 on: May 08, 2007, 10:24:47 PM »

It is time to turn in, and so I'll bid g'night to the adorable Adrianna,

and to the daunting derB,

and to the breathtaking BK,

and to hubba hubba (or is that jubba jubba) dear Jose...

sweet dreams on pillows boys and girls !

DERBRUCER

« Reply #386 on: May 08, 2007, 10:27:57 PM »

Does anyone have the story about the creep who started the fire?  All I heard was that they caught him.

He is in the hospital being treated for burns.

ASSOCIATED PRESS

The man, possibly homeless, told investigators he fell asleep while smoking and was burned on his stomach and shoulders, said a high-ranking city official who requested anonymity since the arson unit had not announced its findings.

"The man claims he fell asleep on the trail, and his injuries appear to be consistent with that version," the official said.

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #387 on: May 08, 2007, 10:34:07 PM »

And now...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #388 on: May 08, 2007, 10:36:29 PM »

Jose - Not even sure the seat will be downstairs, so be forewarned.

Miss Karen

« Reply #389 on: May 08, 2007, 10:48:41 PM »

Miss ET (Errant and Truant) quickly checking in...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up