Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: I COULD WRITE A BOOK  (Read 35400 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:I COULD WRITE A BOOK
« Reply #270 on: May 17, 2007, 07:36:07 PM »

We sell her book at World of Wisdom, but it can be purchased for not many $$$ used on Amazon.com
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #271 on: May 17, 2007, 07:36:16 PM »

Well,  I am now a bit crabby due to the fact that I bought a slew of tanning sessions at my gym North Salem branch last summer...I used maybe one or two of them, and now they tell me that I cannot use the rest of them because, under the new system they have, the tans expired. What!! I have been buying tanning sessions at that gym for years, and because I rarely used them they had accumulated, and now all of a sudden they expire!!...and no refund because they say there is no way to prove I purchased the tans nor how many of them I used up (they conveniently tossed all of the tanning cards of all the members who had bought tans under the old system. Evidently the members had a certain amount of days in which to switch the old tans they bought over to the new tanning system (you would think that would be done automatically).

I made the manager of the gym very angry at me (I stayed very calm  but he sort of lost his cool), so I don't suppose I will go to that branch anymore (thankfully I use the South Salem gym more than this one in North Salem).

But really, how dare they just up and abscond with my money like that.

Of course this was the gym that was requiring each member to "rent" a gym towel at each visit for a nominal fee so as to stave of the bird flu.

MBarnum

« Reply #272 on: May 17, 2007, 07:37:43 PM »

by the way I don't tan that much really...I know it is not good for you, but I felt I was looking a bit on the pasty side.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #273 on: May 17, 2007, 07:38:18 PM »

Page Ten Valley of the Dolls Paperback Dance.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

FJL

« Reply #274 on: May 17, 2007, 07:39:17 PM »

NO SPOILERS RE MEDIUM

I had no idea MEDIUM is based on a real person.   Thanks for the info.  Was it ever confirmed in real life that she had those abilities?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2007, 07:39:26 PM »

Well you didn't get bird flu!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »

NO SPOILERS RE MEDIUM

I had no idea MEDIUM is based on a real person.   Thanks for the info.  Was it ever confirmed in real life that she had those abilities?

Yes, she does.

I recommend:

We Are Their Heaven by Allison Dubois  ;D

Her earlier book Don't Kiss Them Goodbye describes her discovery of her gift and her earlier life.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 07:41:34 PM by JRand56 »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2007, 07:43:40 PM »

JRand....do you know about her husband, and do you know whether any of the issues in the past few episodes ever really happened?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »

Have not watched much telly since I have shifted to day hours and it is an alien feeling to do it.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #279 on: May 17, 2007, 07:44:46 PM »

Time for to go to bed.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #280 on: May 17, 2007, 07:45:23 PM »

I think of titles that I have but no pictures to show..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #281 on: May 17, 2007, 07:45:53 PM »

I have one on the National Parks that is a coffee table book and the pictures are breathtaking. Simply beautiful

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #282 on: May 17, 2007, 07:46:08 PM »

Pleasant dreams Jrand

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #283 on: May 17, 2007, 07:46:12 PM »

JRand....do you know about her husband, and do you know whether any of the issues in the past few episodes ever really happened?

I don't watch the show.....I know I know....so I don't know for sure....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2007, 07:46:42 PM »

I think of titles that I have but no pictures to show..

Google Image Search is your friend.  ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #285 on: May 17, 2007, 07:47:10 PM »

Well....with gasoline now at $3.49 per gallon and the theatre 35 miles away (one way) - I may not be auditioning for A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM after all.

Oh Puck!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #286 on: May 17, 2007, 07:47:51 PM »

[size=8]SPOILER[/size]

I've finally "caught up" on last night's programming and watched "Medium."

I liked the episode a lot.  I can see Joe basically losing both his lawyer and his job because of the circumstances.  

I do, also, TIRE of Allison's being treated badly by the people who have relied upon her.  I understood Scanlon's needing to distance himself, but I'd like to have seen him seriously work with her to plot things out and see where her dreams might be leading.

It's strange to me that they don't do that.  Equally strange is when they so easily dismiss her dreams when they know full well they ALWAYS mean "something."

I liked the typical Glen Gordon Caron ending...and I thought she was talking to the new D.A., rather than Scanlon, when she said, "You can thank me later."
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #287 on: May 17, 2007, 07:49:17 PM »

I don't watch the show.....I know I know....so I don't know for sure....

Oh, pook.  Do you, then, read our posts on the topic?

If so, you'll know her husband was in a hostage situation on the show in which some people were murdered.  

Real life?  Based on what you've read?

Jennifer

« Reply #288 on: May 17, 2007, 07:50:53 PM »

RE: the real alison dubois.

She is quite famous. You've probably seen her on talk shows and just never realized it.

For some reason i always thought the show was simply loosely based on her and did not use real scenarios. But it would be very interesting to know for sure!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #289 on: May 17, 2007, 07:53:01 PM »

Ron, can I ask a question... DBF Jon is convinced you are an actor.... Are you?

ETA: correcting spelling errors before derbrucer catches me!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 07:56:40 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #290 on: May 17, 2007, 07:54:34 PM »

Oh Puck!

my thoughts also... Jrand would make a delightful Puck!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #291 on: May 17, 2007, 08:08:09 PM »

Ron, can I ask a question... DBF Jon is convinced you are an actor.... Are you?

ETA: correcting spelling errors before derbrucer catches me!

He isn't, but he plays one on TV.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #292 on: May 17, 2007, 08:09:06 PM »

RE: the season finale of GHOST WHISPERER

I was trying to find a recap somewhere because the show was complicated. But i couldn't find one that was longer than 2 lines.

If you do a search below and type in the show's name you can read some comments that we made on the day.

This is basically the ending though.

Melinda and the professor try to find out what the tragedy is that will happen on may 11th.

The week before i believe we found out that many tragedies had occured on that date in different years (last season's plane crash being one).

Anyhow this man comes to town and brings a bunch of special children, who were affected by these tragedies. They were the lone survivors. And they were all having weird visions. And were quite traumatized.

Anyhow the man needs melinda to bring the little girl from the plane crash so all the kids can be together.

Melinda realizes that a dead woman she has been talking to is the man's wife (she died in a ferry accident and he owned the ferry and was supposed to be on it).

Anyhow at the end of the show melinda and the professor realize that the man has let gabriel (the creepy guy who is trying to bring people to the bad side) take all the kids to the memorial for the plane crash.

This is where the next accident is to occur.

The children march in the procession when all of a sudden massive winds strike.  And melinda rushes towards the kids to save them.

A big pole thing hits her and she is dead.

Okay this was a freaky part. And i was thinking she was going to be dead next season.

Anyhow the kids all touch hands and touch her.

Oh i forgot to mention that all the kids were having visions of melinda and had drawn her. That is how the man knew to get in touch with her.

Anyhow also the man's wife spoke to him through melinda and she told him to help melinda.

Okay so back to melinda being dead. While she was dead i think it was her father who told her she had a brother.

So the kids bring her back to life. And she is lying there.

And the end was something like melinda looking up and realizing that gabriel is her brother.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #293 on: May 17, 2007, 08:13:25 PM »

really... ;)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #294 on: May 17, 2007, 08:16:02 PM »

Well....with gasoline now at $3.49 per gallon and the theatre 35 miles away (one way) - I may not be auditioning for A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM after all.

Time will tell.

I also received the Tyrone Power Box Set today, and watched SON OF FURY....nothing about Frances in the "interview" section....it's as if she doesn't exist - but she sure does a nice job in the movie....although her performance wasn't mentioned by DR RLP or DR MATTH when they watched the movie....

I don't remember which ones DR Ron Pulliam has watched, but I can tell you exactly why I haven't mentioned Frances. I haven't watched SON OF FURY yet. The only one out of the box that I've watched is PRINCE OF FOXES. I have SON OF FURY out as the next one to watch, but with BECKET here now and VENUS that I must get to tomorrow, SON OF FURY will not be happening in the next couple of days.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #295 on: May 17, 2007, 08:19:19 PM »

RE: MEDIUM SPOILERS

DR MattH, I think DR FJL explained why he was a bit upset.  I think basically in a nutshell it is odd that alison let neve campbell's character die.  I mean obviously she tried to warn her.  But she did not camp out in front of her hotel room.  And it was basically implied that she died and then alison was vindicated. Like it was a fair trade.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]

SPOILER
[/move]

I'm sorry, but I don't understand that kind of thinking at all. She went above and beyond the call of duty in trying to warn this woman, a woman who betrayed her friendship for the sake of a story, a headline, a byline, and a possible book deal. I don't know what you folks expect from her, but *I* think it's unrealistic for you to think she should have done anything other than what she did. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about this.

Matt H.

« Reply #296 on: May 17, 2007, 08:24:03 PM »

I began my evening with EPisode #5 in the PLANET EARTH box. This one was entitled "Deserts," and it again featured astounding photography and fascinating information on desert life with plants and animals. The Blu-ray did have that "pop" aspect of the photography that distinguishes true high definition images.

Matt H.

« Reply #297 on: May 17, 2007, 08:26:15 PM »

Next, I finished TO CATCH A THIEF. Edith Head's gown extravaganza in the masked ball sequence did look stupendous in Technicolor. All of Grace Kelly's gowns throughout the film looked as if she had been poured into them.

No wonder Edith was so upset when she wasn't granted permission to design Grace's wedding gown.

FJL

« Reply #298 on: May 17, 2007, 08:26:39 PM »

New York Times review of Fantasia's triumphant performance in THE COLOR PURPLE on Broadway

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/18/theater/reviews/18purp.html

Matt H.

« Reply #299 on: May 17, 2007, 08:27:11 PM »

UGLY BETTY had a wonderful season finale, but so much darkness and unhappiness for so many. [sigh]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up