Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down

Author Topic: TERMS OF ENDEARMENT  (Read 33333 times)

Jed

Re:TERMS OF ENDEARMENT
« Reply #390 on: January 08, 2004, 11:40:32 PM »

Now I am wondering if I should pronouncing Jed as JEE.

I think the wondering stage is a good place for that concept to stay. :)  Although, I guess I'd never be any the wiser (well, not until I make it to Oz, or you make it to the NW)  if you pronounced it however the heck you want!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #391 on: January 08, 2004, 11:40:42 PM »

Hey, only 7 more until we hit 18,000 and I only need 20 more until I become a HainesHisWay God!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #392 on: January 08, 2004, 11:40:47 PM »

Fourteen more posts and it will be three consecutive days that are over 400! I thought George had gone to sleep!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #393 on: January 08, 2004, 11:41:36 PM »

DR MattH intimated that I might have something to say about the short program for men and women.

Goebel was a disaster.  Weiss once again gambled on a quad he couldn't hit.  Johnny Weir(d) is in first place with a clean skate but his individualism scares me.

I cannot warm up to Sasha Cohen no matter what she does.  Her costumes are horrible. She has no taste in that department at all.  She skates brilliantly, but I'm a bit tired of her stock moves...they're eye-catching but their not thrilling and have no emotional pull.

Kwan is perhaps THE most stunning, talented, gifted female skater of all time.  She gave up a trip to the Olympics at age 15 so that Nancy Kerrigan could go after dropping out of Nationals following an attack on her knee by Tanya Harding's husband's friend.  Tanya and Nancy have faded away.

She went to Nagano with Tara Lipinski and Nicole Bobek.  Tara and Nicole have faded away.

She went to Salt Lake City with Sarah Hughes and Sasha Cohen.  Sarah has now faded away and Sasha is trying to make her move.

Thing is, Michelle is as graceful and strong and fresh and original and stunning as ever.  I think Sasha will burn out and fade away...possibly before the next Olympics.

Finals are on Saturday night.  DR MattH is rooting for the best skater, but he secretly wants Jenny Kirk and Matt Savoie to upset the field.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #394 on: January 08, 2004, 11:41:55 PM »

Sleep?  We don't need not stinking sleep, except for the beach babe who has conveniently disappeared from sight and site.

Jed

« Reply #395 on: January 08, 2004, 11:42:00 PM »

Dang it, George, how am I supposed to surpass you when you stay up right along with me??? :D

George

« Reply #396 on: January 08, 2004, 11:42:53 PM »

That's my plan, Stan (I mean Jed!)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #397 on: January 08, 2004, 11:43:09 PM »

18,000!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 11:43:21 PM by George »

Jed

« Reply #398 on: January 08, 2004, 11:43:31 PM »

Jason - Luckily, Bernadette was in pretty good voice the night I saw Gypsy.  Only real rough spot she had that night was early on in "Everything's Coming Up Roses."  But it only lasted a couple measures and she seemed pretty much alright again.

Jason

« Reply #399 on: January 08, 2004, 11:44:02 PM »

Whew! I'm wiped out just watching you guys hit 18,000. I'm going to bed! Until tomorrow...

Laura II

« Reply #400 on: January 08, 2004, 11:44:18 PM »

After my mom kept conversation flowing (thanks, Mom!), Meg and Laura came in, and I put on some John Mayer. (My friends don't really enjoy musicals, and John Mayer is someone they enjoy.) We talked about stuff, and I flitted around. (I have a tendency to move around a lot when company is over. I like to make sure everyone is content with drinks/company/etc.) Soon Cristina, her little bro (my bro's friend), and Daisy arrived, followed by Aquila (my absolute best friend--I hadn't seen her in three years!) and two of her friends, Erica and Yvonne. Everyone got along wonderfully! People were chirping and giggling...we were loud! Still a few people were missing, so I decided to go call them at around 6:30-6:45ish.
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Jed

« Reply #401 on: January 08, 2004, 11:44:19 PM »

Now this is a frenzy!!!

40... :D

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #402 on: January 08, 2004, 11:44:33 PM »

I'm 16. I do not COOK. I merely thank my mom for making whatever she makes and then I enjoy it. Therefore I have no chicken recipes besides "Open Schwanns Grilled Chicken Bag...Take one piece out...Put chicken on plate, and microwave on High for 1 minute. Enjoy."

Wow...I wish I could still use that excuse...only I'm 21 now!

It's amazing about Wicked...people acknowledge that it isn't a great score, but it's just sooo addictive and fun.  It's easier (and more fun) to listen to than a lot of more "accomplished" scores.

I love Alison Fraser's voice...it's so unique.  

George

« Reply #403 on: January 08, 2004, 11:44:40 PM »

Jed, are you planning on posting 39 more posts tonight?  I only need 17 (after this one).  Not that I'm counting or anything!

Jason

« Reply #404 on: January 08, 2004, 11:46:39 PM »

Jed...I started getting all excited just a second ago because she was actually holding notes for their full value, and then, out of the blue, she started doing that weird "I'm losing my voice and can't hold it" thing where she cut words off without finishing them or only held the note for half of it's written value. She did that with EVERY sustained note when I saw her--both times--but especially that first show when she really had no voice and should have had Ms. Moore go on for her. The audience gave her a partial standing ovation when the curtain came up for act two simply because she was still there! I've never seen that before...

George

« Reply #405 on: January 08, 2004, 11:47:41 PM »

I mean Jed, it's not that I really care about becoming a HainesHisWay GOD before you, or anything... ::)

Jed

« Reply #406 on: January 08, 2004, 11:47:53 PM »

Yes, BK, the beach babe has headed for bed.  Apparently she has to work somewhat early in the morning.  But we don't let such trivial details slow us down!

Jed

« Reply #407 on: January 08, 2004, 11:49:46 PM »

I mean Jed, it's not that I really care about becoming a HainesHisWay GOD before you, or anything... ::)

Of course not, George.  And of course I'd never let such thoughts as "Alright, I know this guy's gotta work in the morning... I can outlast him!" go through my head.  ;D

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #408 on: January 08, 2004, 11:50:27 PM »

Good night, good night,

Good night, good night, good niiiiight!

Don't try and stop me, Horace, PLEASE!

Wave your little hand and whisper "Good night, Dearie"

You don't have to stay up any more!

Laura II

« Reply #409 on: January 08, 2004, 11:50:45 PM »

Mike, Mallory, and Tiff were still missing, as was Jeremy, so I called them. Tiff informed me that her group was not on its way. Jeremy's brother answered his phone and was thoroughly uninformed about his brother's whereabouts. I decided to go back and chat because we weren't planning to have dinner until 7:00. I returned to my seat on the floor next to Drew (funny how that worked out :P), and we looked through Aquila's yearbook (where I would have gone if I hadn't moved), while she and her friends looked through mine.

For those of you who would like to see a picture of Drew, here's one of him with the yearbook.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #410 on: January 08, 2004, 11:51:07 PM »

I'll take addictive and fun any old day.  Well, I went away for a brief moment to prep tomorrow's notes and topic and I come back and blow me over with a chicken fajita if we haven't made 18,000 posts - that's over 1,000 posts in two-and-a-half days - THAT is something!

All those people who went to bed early thinking we'd peaked at 325 will be VERY surprised when they arise.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #411 on: January 08, 2004, 11:51:48 PM »

Ten more minutes until new notes and new posting frenzy.

George

« Reply #412 on: January 08, 2004, 11:54:29 PM »

Okay, this post will be my last post for the evening.  Jed, if you can post more and pass me, MORE POWER TO YOU!!  ;D  But then, I'm 40 posts behind TD.  He's 10th highest poster and I'm 11th.  I don't think I'm going to be able to catch up (or even ketchup) to him anytime soon.

Jed

« Reply #413 on: January 08, 2004, 11:54:35 PM »

I believe that in honor of the last few days of posts we need a new skating jump.  I think the Triple Kimlet would be a wonderful name.  Or maybe it should be a Quadruple Kimlet to honor our 400 post days.

Tomovoz

« Reply #414 on: January 08, 2004, 11:58:07 PM »

DR Jose: Not had a chance to listen to those Cds as yet. "Wicked" has taken over for a while. I shall get there this weekend (I hope) and report back.
Good night all.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #415 on: January 08, 2004, 11:58:50 PM »

Wow...I wish I could still use that excuse...only I'm 21 now!

It's amazing about Wicked...people acknowledge that it isn't a great score, but it's just sooo addictive and fun.  It's easier (and more fun) to listen to than a lot of more "accomplished" scores.

I love Alison Fraser's voice...it's so unique.  

Allison Fraser is in Wicked, too???
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Laura II

« Reply #416 on: January 08, 2004, 11:59:59 PM »

At this point, I felt bad for Drew. I have quite a few guy friends, yes, but not all of them live in the area. Also, I didn't invite many of them. I basically asked four, and with the exception of my friend Mike Z, who had to leave for school early Thursday morning, they were all supposed to show. Poor Drew was the only guy here at this point. Keep in mind that I'm the only girl in my group who actually knows him pretty well. I mean, we used to write notes to each other in school...not many guys will willingly write notes! Anyway, I kind of felt like we were boring him (which he insisted wasn't happening at all). Still, he then told me that he had to leave at 7:30 because he had made two sets of plans tonight. Now, I totally understood (even if I wasn't pleased) because I said to get here at 6:00, and I guess most people would expect dinner right away. I just wanted to allot time for people to arrive, and if we served it at 6:00, only three people would have been there to eat!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 12:01:16 AM by Laura II »

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #417 on: January 09, 2004, 12:00:08 AM »

Wow, he is hot, Laura!  Even with the facial hair!  ;)

Of course there are plenty of cute guys with facial hair...*looks obliquely at Jed*

TCB--she was mentioned earlier...I just have a weird tendency to thread my thoughts together, I guess!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 12:02:00 AM by Maya »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #418 on: January 09, 2004, 12:01:24 AM »

One moment while we change topic threads... Then we can get a major head start on tomorrow's posts.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #419 on: January 09, 2004, 12:02:36 AM »

Laura II, you can do better.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up