Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: SEESAW  (Read 34802 times)

singdaw

Re:SEESAW
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2007, 11:50:41 AM »

Uncut, no doubt.

singdaw

« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2007, 11:52:52 AM »

The play, I mean.

François

« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2007, 12:00:49 PM »

What a night I had last night!  Jason Graae and I got together following last night's performance of OKLAHOMA! (which I'll actually be seeing over the weekend).  We talked, we walked, we drove and we went to PNC Stadium's ATRIA'S restaurant (owned by Johnny Angel of doo-wop fame).  There we were supposed to be hooking up with Paul Palmer who is in his 29th year of doing Pittsburgh CLO, but, alas, Mr. P. did not show. . .  Needless to say, the esteemed BK was a topic of discussion as was DR Larry Moore (Jason does a great impression of Larry); I won a five dollar wager with Jason:  the release dates of ALL THAT JAZZ and CRUISING.  A very good time was had by all.
When I got home, I found that the power was out, and had been out for well over two hours; it came back on at 4:00 this morning - five powerless hours - or I would have posted late last night when I got home. :-*  You're a gem!

Now it's my turn to say "Off to work!"

Great travel vibes for feline travel!

WOW! I am envious! I AM envious!

In my next life, if I can't be Guy Haines, I want to be Jason Graae! Yes!

François

« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2007, 12:02:49 PM »

LOVE listening to him sing!  Glad that you had such a good time last night.

I saw him first!! ;)

François

« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2007, 12:09:28 PM »

DR JoseSPiano - don't get so buffed and muscle-bound that you develop the problem that THIS actor has: he can't even wear a proper jacket!

He can't even wear a proper smile! :-\

François

« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2007, 12:10:48 PM »

Yep!  By that point, I will need a large alcoholic drink and several strong drugs from being with DR MBarnum all day!

Well, think about what HE will need! ;) :o ;)

François

« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2007, 12:16:13 PM »

Oh, that was just me; you know, moi!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2007, 12:20:14 PM »

Semi-good news on the office front: we've been directed by the Institute to stay put and to keep looking for a new space.  Our intrepid office manager Matthew has been on the prowl and located a potential space.  Our attorney has also recommended another broker to help us search, so we ain't dead yet.

DR singdaw, I found the comments on the DC all-nude Shakespeare quite sound.  To paraphrase W.S. Gilbert, when everybody's somebody, then no one's anybody.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #158 on: June 22, 2007, 12:22:39 PM »

That's great, DR elmore3003!  So that means you DON'T have to pack up next Wednesday?  And you can continue to keep working in the space, temporarily?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: June 22, 2007, 12:30:17 PM »

That's great, DR elmore3003!  So that means you DON'T have to pack up next Wednesday?  And you can continue to keep working in the space, temporarily?

It won't make the landlord evicting us happy that we're squatting but what the hell!  So, I schlepped 16 Tons of scores home for nada!

Oy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #160 on: June 22, 2007, 12:31:28 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I'm back from Whole Paycheck Foods, where I proceeded to load many items into my cart that I simply did not need to buy.  Thankfully, I did my usual "second round", and proceeded to put a bunch of stuff back on the shelves.  They had some decent sales in the Seafood Department, so I should be eating rather healthily the next couple of days.  -Of course, come later next week... Hmm... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: June 22, 2007, 12:33:08 PM »

It won't make the landlord evicting us happy that we're squatting but what the hell!  So, I schlepped 16 Tons of scores home for nada!

Oy.

So, does that also mean that the Institute has contacted your current landlord?  Or is it possible that the landlord could still evict you?  -I shudder to think what would happen if you happened to go down to the office one day next week, and found the contents of your office on the sidewalk.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2007, 12:36:57 PM »

Oy.

16 Tons and what do you get.....

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: June 22, 2007, 12:37:39 PM »

Vibes DR Elmore, it sounds promising.  
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 12:37:49 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2007, 12:38:55 PM »

DR Elmore, I'm not so sure I wouldn't keep at least some of those at home until you know that you aren't going to have them thrown out in the street during an eviction

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2007, 12:39:26 PM »

That's not legal advice, by the way, even though I am in my new office at the moment!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2007, 12:39:45 PM »

DR Ginny - Amtrak's mid-day trains have always run on time in my experience.  Additionally, if there appears to be a major delay, they've always been pretty good about putting you on the next train - which, during the week, is usually just a half-hour later.  *And at least at Union Station, the process of getting to your gate is not as hectic as it is at Penn Station since the gate assignments are posted way in advance.  -Unlike, NYC, where the gate/track assignments are posted right at boarding time, and then you have to RUN(!!!!!!).  But I do suggest getting to Union Station at least 45 minutes before your departure.  This way, you can be seated at the proper gate/track.  And also be one of the first in line to board so that you can have a better choice of the open seats.  *And, remember, if you so desire, most of the trains between DC and NYC now have "Quiet Cars" - no loud talking, no cell phones.  :)

Once you're at Penn Station, just make your way up to one of the cab stands at the street level.  That should be the easiest way to get to your hotel.  And beware the "unofficial" cab-helpers - those hustlers seem to be back in full-force again lately.

And as for getting over to Grand Central, it's just a few blocks from Times Square down 42nd Street.  A nice, leisurely 15 minute walk, tops.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2007, 12:42:21 PM »

DR Ginny - And during you wait at Union Station, you can always pick up a nice lunch at one of the many food stands on the lower level.  I highly recommend the Indian place - although, since Indian looks very likely for that evening....  And the Italian pastry shop has some good treats.  Of course, there's always Ben & Jerry's and/or Starbucks.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2007, 12:42:38 PM »

I've been moving and doing all sorts of things.  It's starting to sound like I'm going to get busy pretty fast, so I decided to bite the bullet and buy a computer for the secretary's area.  I really need to have it so I can set up my network and other miscellaneous things before I get busy. Right now I'm on the "secure" wireless that's free in the building.  Thing is, it isn't secure. I signed on, no problem. When I called the owner of the building to set it up, he said "Oh, I must have left it open, my bad"  

So, I'm going to get a wired high speed connection into the office and I'll set up my own secured wireless network.  I'm thinking that will be the safest.  I did sign up on the free wireless, though, just in case I need it for a backup

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2007, 12:43:56 PM »

And Thanks for all the Back Vibes.  I'm, it is feeling much better.  I think I just needed to wake up a bit more, and also just move around a bit.  -Although, I'm thinking a nap might be nice too this afternoon...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2007, 12:45:18 PM »

Anyone for a completely nude production of the Scottish play?

Hmm.. I had forgotten that this was planned as part of "Shakespeare in Washington".... Why?!?!?!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2007, 12:46:37 PM »

I got a great deal on a computer at Best Buy.  It was a floor model, but it didn't appear anyone had played with it much and they give you a full system restore before you take it out of the store so it's in the condition it would have been fresh out of the box.  Oh wow! I hadn't noticed the time, I can go get my computer, and oh poop, I forgot to go meet Michelle Obama and I wanted to meet her.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2007, 12:46:59 PM »

So, does that also mean that the Institute has contacted your current landlord?  Or is it possible that the landlord could still evict you?  -I shudder to think what would happen if you happened to go down to the office one day next week, and found the contents of your office on the sidewalk.

If they file eviction proceedings, I think it will take about 90 days to evict us, and our goal is to move and not to be squatters.

Ginny

« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2007, 12:47:26 PM »

DR Jose - thanks for all the Amtrak insights.  The one thing I haven't figured out is:  Luggage, to check or not to check?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2007, 12:47:35 PM »

Well, better go get the computer, I'm in dirty sweaty moving clothes, not exactly what I want to be wearing when I meet a potential first lady,.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2007, 12:47:48 PM »

DR JoseSPiano forgot that when jogging, you should be looking ahead,  instead of back over your shoulder at the hunk that went by in the opposite direction!

Well, actually.... I do have to say that I've been good in that regard.  I have not changed direction - I always run counter-clockwise (just as the signs say) - for any reason or anyone.  Besides, if I'm lucky, I'll get another look on the next lap.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #176 on: June 22, 2007, 12:48:14 PM »

DR Cillaliz - you sound so organized and excited.  I'm thrilled for you!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: June 22, 2007, 12:53:37 PM »

DR Jose - thanks for all the Amtrak insights.  The one thing I haven't figured out is:  Luggage, to check or not to check?

How many pieces?  Amtrak limits you to two carry-ons - although, many people bring three, sometimes more.  It's simply a matter of whether or not you want to schlep your bags on board yourself, and then lug them on to the luggage racks.  Checking baggage doesn't really cost anything -except for the tips for the Red Caps.  *And, if they're not too busy, sometimes the Red Caps will "let" you board early too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #178 on: June 22, 2007, 12:57:13 PM »

I thought this was fun!

Woody Allen directs opera
Los Angeles Opera, which for a number of years has been recruiting well-known filmmakers to work on its stage, has announced the latest addition to its directorial roster: Woody Allen.

The legendary comedian/filmmaker/writer/jazz clarinetist will direct Gianni Schicchi, the comic third part of Puccini's Trittico, in a new production of the complete trilogy to open L.A. Opera's 2008-09 season. This will be his first opera production.

"I have no idea what I am doing," said Allen in a statement released by the company yesterday, "but incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."

And later on that season, they will be premiering the new opera by Howard Shore (music) and David Henry Whang (libretto) based on David Cronenberg's - and DR Pogue's - "The Fly".

Anyone know if DR Pogue will be brought in as a consultant to the production?
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2007, 12:58:06 PM »

DR Elmore, I'm not so sure I wouldn't keep at least some of those at home until you know that you aren't going to have them thrown out in the street during an eviction

I'm going to cart three scores downtown tomorrow and leave the rest here.

I was just talking to our office manager and I asked him if he and his partner were going to march in the parade on Sunday.  He was talking about the heat and I told him he had to march for his place in the shade.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up