Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: FIREWORKS!  (Read 34957 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:FIREWORKS!
« Reply #360 on: July 04, 2007, 08:50:17 PM »

Po-po vibes to DR DakotaCelt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #361 on: July 04, 2007, 08:51:54 PM »

I am attending SPAMALOT at the end of July at the Ordway.

I saw Ian McKellen's Richard III at the Ordway... and Into The Woods...

So long ago.   :'(

I spent most of my life in Minnesota but am now in Virginia...where there's very little theater worth mentioning.
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #362 on: July 04, 2007, 08:52:38 PM »

DR DearReaderLaura - I can't wait to see your reaction to Ms. Neuwirth's interpretations of "All That Jazz" and "Cabaret".  

I am not a singer or performer of any kind. I am only an audience member. I will say I thought she sounded "yelly" and very vibrato-y.

Doesn't anyone sing any more?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #363 on: July 04, 2007, 08:53:26 PM »

Ian McKellen is an amazing actor.

Into the Woods if a fine musical!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #364 on: July 04, 2007, 08:53:39 PM »

Earlier, someone mentioned the young man in 1776 who was just starting to sing Mama, Look Sharp.  If that someone had looked sharp said someone would have realized said young man's connection to this here site.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #365 on: July 04, 2007, 08:53:56 PM »

Fargo-Moorhead has its moments.... theatre wise that is...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #366 on: July 04, 2007, 08:54:03 PM »

I bought a two-VHS tape set...the script for one episode was (co-?)written by Stephen Sondheim...yes, THE Stephen Sondheim!  I don't think it wasn't "remastered" or anything like that, but it sure was watchable.  

REALLY!! My, my.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #367 on: July 04, 2007, 08:54:22 PM »

I repeat my Ask DR question from last night:  anyone with any good downtown San Francisco hotels to recommend?

http://www.hoteldiva.com/

This is where I usually stay, in Union Square. If you are able to arrange a coporate rate, so much the better.

They have fresh baked croissants and fresh squeezed OJ and coffee in an area on each floor in the AM. They turn down your bed at night, and they even straighten up your room.

This same company has several other small boutique hotels in downtown SF but the Diva is my favorite.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #368 on: July 04, 2007, 08:54:33 PM »

Earlier, someone mentioned the young man in 1776 who was just starting to sing Mama, Look Sharp.  If that someone had looked sharp said someone would have realized said young man's connection to this here site.

I looked up the imdb listing for 1776 while we were watching it, and I did indeed see the connection.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #369 on: July 04, 2007, 08:55:52 PM »

Fargo-Moorhead has its moments.... theatre wise that is...

I used to go to the University Theater there! Can't remember the name of it, just Fargo Moorehead University?  They put on some good shows.  As did the U of M.

So you're from North Dakota, hence the name?
---Edna Mode

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #370 on: July 04, 2007, 08:58:46 PM »

Stephen Nathan, William Duell or Mark Montgomery...

I am taking a wild guess and say William Duell. I do not have cable and have not seen it in years

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #371 on: July 04, 2007, 08:59:51 PM »

I used to go to the University Theater there! Can't remember the name of it, just Fargo Moorehead University?  They put on some good shows.  As did the U of M.

So you're from North Dakota, hence the name?

Yeppers, North Dakota

North Dakota State University
Moorhead State now Minnesota State University Moorhead and Concordia

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #372 on: July 04, 2007, 09:00:11 PM »

When did you go to NDSU?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #373 on: July 04, 2007, 09:01:12 PM »

As has been mentioned DR JEANNE - the Topper Tv series DVD's are okay....Kathleen Freeman plays a maid in some of the episodes, and it's funny to see Leo G. Carroll as Topper.  Anne Jeffreys and Robert Sterling are very good as the ghosts....but the stories are not so hot.

Thanks, JRand. Do you think that most TOPPER fans would agree that the original TOPPER with Cary Grant is the best?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #374 on: July 04, 2007, 09:01:17 PM »

NDSU Theatre Dept did Follies: The Concert and Children's hour this past season. Both were excellent!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #375 on: July 04, 2007, 09:01:49 PM »

MSUM did THE FIRST FIVE YEARS about two years ago

3DDiffusion

« Reply #376 on: July 04, 2007, 09:02:19 PM »

When did you go to NDSU?

Moorehead State sounds familiar.

Never went there as a student....just to attend their theater. It's only an hour away from Minneapolis...at least it was!

I did attend the U of M for a while.
---Edna Mode

3DDiffusion

« Reply #377 on: July 04, 2007, 09:03:18 PM »

Why didn't Ralston Hill do more TV work? I always liked him in 1776, the only TV thing he was ever in I think?
---Edna Mode

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #378 on: July 04, 2007, 09:03:35 PM »

So that's what Bat Boy is doing now!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #379 on: July 04, 2007, 09:03:35 PM »

A number of years ago MSUM did Cole Porter's Anything Goes and that was excellent. Very well done.

Cillaliz

« Reply #380 on: July 04, 2007, 09:06:15 PM »

I saw Ian McKellen's Richard III at the Ordway... and Into The Woods...

So long ago.   :'(

I spent most of my life in Minnesota but am now in Virginia...where there's very little theater worth mentioning.

Where did you live in Minnesota?  I'm from Iowa

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #381 on: July 04, 2007, 09:06:44 PM »

Moorehead State sounds familiar.

Never went there as a student....just to attend their theater. It's only an hour away from Minneapolis...at least it was!

I did attend the U of M for a while.

UofM has an excellent program. Love going to the theatre in the cities. MSUM has had some good plays also. In the last few years they have done some more radical plays. Will not even comment on how some reacted to The Vagina Monologue and The Penis Monologues.

Needless to say it woke up some sleeping minds

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #382 on: July 04, 2007, 09:07:30 PM »

I am also an avid hockey fan... UND SIOUX!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #383 on: July 04, 2007, 09:08:16 PM »

If you are an hour or so from FArgo you must have been close to St Cloud

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #384 on: July 04, 2007, 09:08:46 PM »

Mpls is a three and a half hour drive  from Fargo

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #385 on: July 04, 2007, 09:10:16 PM »

Did any Dear Reader DVR or otherwise record TWO TICKETS TO BROADWAY when it was on TCM last month or so?

I would like to have a copy to give to the director of SUNSHINE BOYS because of the Smith and Dale routines in it.

Will it help you get the part?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #386 on: July 04, 2007, 09:11:19 PM »

DR 3DDiffusion - Which part of Virginia are you in?  Richmond was my homebase for a number of years after college - I went to VCU, and I grew up in NoVa (Arlington and Fairfax).  But I also had friends at UVa and VaTech, so I spent some time in Charlottesville and Blacksburg, as well as some time at Virginia Stage in Norfolk.  Oh, and, of course, shopping at the outlet malls in Williamsburg, Potomac Mills and Leesburg.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #387 on: July 04, 2007, 09:12:14 PM »

Fat-free dogs are devoured along with some low-fat reduced-calorie ice cream. Yum! And now it's Thursday, so my points for the week have re-set and I'm good to go.

And I'm listening to my newly acquired cast recording of LEGALLY BLONDE: THE MUSICAL.

Cillaliz

« Reply #388 on: July 04, 2007, 09:12:16 PM »

Yes, Stephen Nathan played Harry Schechter in The First Nudie Musical. Is that right?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #389 on: July 04, 2007, 09:13:16 PM »

:)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up