Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WILTED  (Read 64861 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:WILTED
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2007, 12:46:43 PM »

[size=8]SEVEN ANYONE?[/size]
[/color]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #181 on: August 08, 2007, 12:52:43 PM »

Der B---I just loaded the new episode of THE CLOSER and Kyra is again wearing her floppy white hat to the crime scene, so she didn't leave it on the boat as you had feared!

Thank-goodness - I can stop fretting!

To expand on Jane's comments on the proposal:

Writing a love scene for Brenda and Fritz is a real challenge - played straight up it would be out of character; having the scene interupted by a wise crack would be disconcerting - the "Can I keep my own name" line was a brilliant bit that provide the necessary whimsy without destroying the overall mood. Well done to the writer(s)!  

I noticed that the producers, James Duff and Mike Berchem gets full wrting credit for this episode.

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Miss Karen

« Reply #182 on: August 08, 2007, 12:53:01 PM »

(Say the following real fast three times in a row )
Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy
BIRTHDAY, der Carper, I mean, der Brucer!!

And many more!!!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #183 on: August 08, 2007, 12:53:24 PM »

[size=8]SEVEN ANYONE?[/size]
[/color]

DEADLY SINS!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2007, 12:54:52 PM »

BIRTHDAY, der Carper\

Such a hurtful woman :'(

der whomever

Miss Karen

« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2007, 12:59:57 PM »

Miss Karen - I don't know about color, but I've always felt that one can't go wrong with lots of sparkles.  (I guess that explains a lot.   ;) )

Hey, no problem. I'm an expert with the glue gun and glitter, sequins, and beads -- we'll make you sparkly -- "very sparkly, very twinkly" (Rain Man reference)

Miss Karen

« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2007, 01:04:41 PM »

Such a hurtful woman :'(

der whomever

Someone has to toughen you up for the real world  -- it's mean and cruel out there and I just want you to be able to survive when you go out there to make your way in it....Here's a tissue, dear ...dry those tears ... chin up, be strong!

By the way, did I tell you Happy Birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2007, 01:04:48 PM »

SOUTH CAROLINA GOP TO FORCE IOWA CAUCUSES INTO 2007

On Thursday morning, South Carolina Republican Party Chairman Katon Dawson will hold a news conference in Concord, N.H., in which he will announce the date of the South Carolina Republican Primary will be held Jan. 19.

But his state's new primary date will activate the New Hampshire primary protection law requiring that New Hampshire hold its primary seven or more days before any similar elections. Currently, the New Hampshire primary has been tentatively scheduled for Jan. 22.

When New Hampshire has to move at least seven days before the 19th, the Iowa law requiring its caucuses be held eight days before the any other event will also kick in. Iowa's date was tentatively set for Jan. 14.

Iowa's caucus organizers will be faced with a difficult choice of either moving their caucuses to before or right around Christmas or New Year's Day. Otherwise, the Iowa caucuses would have to go after New Hampshire violating Iowa law.

By announcing this two days before the Iowa GOP straw poll, Dawson is taking a deliberate shot at Iowa.
New Hampshire Secretary of State Bill Gardner will not announce New Hampshire's primary schedule on Thursday nor will he even say when he might announce that date.

He has said he will announce sometime in the late fall but he could wait until December specifically to prevent other states, including Iowa, from moving their dates in any way that would diminish New Hampshire's role in the nominating hierarchy.

Stayed tuned!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2007, 01:07:40 PM »

Someone has to toughen you up for the real world  -- it's mean and cruel out there and I just want you to be able to survive when you go out there to make your way in it....Here's a tissue, dear ...dry those tears ... chin up, be strong!

By the way, did I tell you Happy Birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

In the future, when I speak of you, and I shall, I will be kind.

der Brucer

Miss Karen

« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2007, 01:08:29 PM »

Or leopard spots.

Nope, that one is already taken, too (DR MusicGuy does not like to wear the same out fit everyday, so on alternate days, he wears the leopard print one in place of his pink one).

Miss Karen

« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2007, 01:10:55 PM »

In the future, when I speak of you, and I shall, I will be kind.

der Brucer

Well, good -- it warms this mother's heart to know that you listened to your mother's advice: "If you can't say something nice,  :-X"

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #191 on: August 08, 2007, 01:12:39 PM »

DR Noel, I would be interested in finding an independent coffee shop near the Wellington (@57 & 7th I think). This is one of our first requirements whenever we stay somewhere.

Any suggestions?

Philips, a little coffee bar on 56th, just east of Seventh.  It's hard to find unless you look for its sandwich board.  It's in the Carnegie Hall Tower, but that isn't obvious.

I hope I'm not making you walk too far.  I've learned here, in the past, that people have different concepts of what's just around the corner than I do.  We're talking roughly 1 20/th of a mile from the Wellington.

Near where BK is now staying, I like a place I think may be called Naked City, on Ninth between 52nd and 53rd.  If it's not called Naked City, well, it only means I must have seen someone there and pictured her naked.  It's got a film noir theme.

Right now, I'm posting from the NYMF crowd's favorite coffee place, The Coffe Pot at 49th & 9th.  I can't stand Eighth Avenue, but I love Ninth, for plenty of welcoming and/or comfy places like these.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: August 08, 2007, 01:12:42 PM »

Back for a little rest before a production meeting and then our get-together.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2007, 01:13:14 PM »

What BK is missing in LA:

Between baguettes from Spain La Española Meats in Harbor City builds its jamón serrano sandwich with its own domestic ham, dried chorizo, Manchego cheese, piquillo red peppers. $4.95.
(Carlos Chavez / LAT)

Red velvet cupcake at Jongewaard's Bake 'n' Broil in Long Beach has the right ratio of moist chocolate cake to tangy cream cheese frosting. $1.95.
(Eric Boyd / LAT)

der Brucer

Julie

« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2007, 01:15:20 PM »

Hey, no problem. I'm an expert with the glue gun and glitter, sequins, and beads -- we'll make you sparkly -- "very sparkly, very twinkly" (Rain Man reference)

;D

Miss Karen

« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2007, 01:18:30 PM »

Jet Blue -- They need to change their slogan: "Cheap Fares -- But We'll Make You Pay, Somehow" (like with flight delays...)

Boo-Key's flight to JFK is just now taking off, at least that's what it's saying on the website (only an hour late -- guess it could have been worse... like he could have been on the Red Eye last night and arrived in time for the "bedlam in the streets" or I guess that would actually be "bedlam in the underbelly" of NYC this morning...)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2007, 01:18:55 PM »

The dance call was a whole lot of fun - I was like a little kid in a candy shop, because I love watching people tap dance.  Adam, our choreographer, is going to be wonderful - his Brain Tap routine is fantastic, even in this rough approximation.  After that, we saw a bunch or Rod hopefuls and a couple of Fred hopefuls.  The Freds weren't good, but three of the Rods were - it was a tough choice between two of them - one huge 6'5" fellow (who'd just played the title role in Li'l Abner at Goodspeed), and one fellow who was about 5'10" but very scrawny looking.  Because I'm very used to the visual of the fellow who did it in LA, my instinct was to go with the tall fellow - the other guy gave a very quirky and interesting reading, but there's blocking that requires the actor to constantly lift Merrill and move her across the seat from him, and I just thought the scrawny guy would not come to that naturally.  Also, it would be more of a "grunge" Rod with him.  The other guy is directable and I decided to make him first choice.  We chose the rest of the ensemble, which, because we've cut two people out, was really hard.  If they all say yes, we'll have a helluva ensemble, that's all I can say, and I can tell you that many hainsies/kimlets will be very happy to see two of the boys in their small, tight gold lame bathing suits.

Ginny

« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2007, 01:19:40 PM »

Near where BK is now staying, I like a place I think may be called Naked City, on Ninth between 52nd and 53rd.  If it's not called Naked City, well, it only means I must have seen someone there and pictured her naked.  It's got a film noir theme.

Oooo, that's right by where DH Richard and I will be staying at 54th and Ninth!

Thanks, DR Noel for the comments about Ninth Ave.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

« Reply #198 on: August 08, 2007, 01:23:34 PM »

I guess I'm in line behind MattH:

Amazon sent my a shipping notice for Shaun of the Dead and    Hot Fuzz.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: August 08, 2007, 01:24:55 PM »

So, IF everyone from the other day and today accepts, we're fully cast with two minor exceptions - the leads of the show, Fred and Joyce.  I have a fallback position for Fred, which I'll go with if we absolutely can't find anyone else I like better.  He'd take some direction, but I think he'd be fine and he has a terrific voice and sort of looks the part.  I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but our first Fred offer went to Donny Osmond (a BK idea), but he had commitments in LA.  Our second Fred offer went to Brian d'Arcy James, and that took quite a while - but he was up for an off-B'way show and he got it, so declined our offer.  Today, another offer went out to someone I've worked with several times, with whom I'd be very happy.  If he passes, then there's one more offer after that - I haven't worked with that actor, but everyone loves him so I know he'd be fine.  If that is a pass, then I'll probably go to the fallback position and be done with it.

Our casting guy gave the actresses' agent until noon to say yea or nay, otherwise we were moving on.  At eleven-thirty we heard from the agent asking if they could have until five, because the actress had to discuss it with her husband (she'd have to drive to the city and deal with parking).  So, we won't have our answer for a few more hours, and I'm still hoping it will be a yea.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #200 on: August 08, 2007, 01:25:44 PM »

The dance call was a whole lot of fun - I was like a little kid in a candy shop, because I love watching people tap dance.  Adam, our choreographer, is going to be wonderful - his Brain Tap routine is fantastic, even in this rough approximation.  After that, we saw a bunch or Rod hopefuls and a couple of Fred hopefuls.  The Freds weren't good, but three of the Rods were - it was a tough choice between two of them - one huge 6'5" fellow (who'd just played the title role in Li'l Abner at Goodspeed), and one fellow who was about 5'10" but very scrawny looking.  Because I'm very used to the visual of the fellow who did it in LA, my instinct was to go with the tall fellow - the other guy gave a very quirky and interesting reading, but there's blocking that requires the actor to constantly lift Merrill and move her across the seat from him, and I just thought the scrawny guy would not come to that naturally.  Also, it would be more of a "grunge" Rod with him.  The other guy is directable and I decided to make him first choice.  We chose the rest of the ensemble, which, because we've cut two people out, was really hard.  If they all say yes, we'll have a helluva ensemble, that's all I can say, and I can tell you that many hainsies/kimlets will be very happy to see two of the boys in their small, tight gold lame bathing suits.

Did your General Mills say yes?
“One thing’s universal,

Miss Karen

« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2007, 01:26:31 PM »

oooohh, I can't wait! I can't wait!  I want to see The Brain Tap!

I love tap dancing, too -- tap numbers always bring down the house!

Ginny

« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2007, 01:27:27 PM »

OMG, you guys!  

A coworker just brought in some oatmeal cookies that were leftover from a training session.  They taste exactly like the ones my mother used to make that were my dad's favorites.  I may have to stop at Meijer on my way home tonight...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2007, 01:29:23 PM »

Our casting guy gave the actresses' agent until noon to say yea or nay, otherwise we were moving on.  At eleven-thirty we heard from the agent asking if they could have until five, because the actress had to discuss it with her husband (she'd have to drive to the city and deal with parking).  So, we won't have our answer for a few more hours, and I'm still hoping it will be a yea.

Husband?  So Liza got married again?
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #204 on: August 08, 2007, 01:31:50 PM »

But, BK, you haven't mentioned casting the Ed Sullivan look-alike or the girls for the parade of tacky prom dresses.  Does mean you're not incorporating the elements that came to me in my dream the other night  ;) ?

Miss Karen

« Reply #205 on: August 08, 2007, 01:32:19 PM »

Besides, you couldn't get performers like Cason, Alet, and Benjamin...I can't imagine those roles being played by anyone else..at least not as well.

Not that I'm biased -- never!  :) -- but spot on, DR Mikey.  I agree 100% !!

Make that 110%! ... oh, just make it  Infinity %

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #206 on: August 08, 2007, 01:32:42 PM »

Just as hot as they predicted, and it's just miserable outside. I am SO sorry for people who have to work in these kinds of conditions.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2007, 01:33:09 PM »

.. and I can tell you that many hainsies/kimlets will be very happy to see two of the boys in their small, tight gold lame bathing suits.

Probably most - albeit some of us might approach the viewing from an altered perspective ::)

der Brucer
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 01:56:18 PM by DERBRUCER »

Matt H.

« Reply #208 on: August 08, 2007, 01:36:53 PM »

I began my afternoon finshing BERSERK! Hey, it ended just like it has the last five or six times I watched it!  :D

Matt H.

« Reply #209 on: August 08, 2007, 01:38:24 PM »

While I was finishing up lunch, one of the pay cable channels was showing EVIL UNDER THE SUN letterboxed, so I watched about twenty minutes of it. The DVD looks better, of course, since it's anamorphic, but the movie always makes me laugh; it's so filed with great catty dialog and wonderful performances.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up