Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WILTED  (Read 64858 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:WILTED
« Reply #210 on: August 08, 2007, 01:40:33 PM »

Then I watched the three special features on the second disc in in CRIA CUERVOS set.

First up was a one hour biography of director Carlos Sauna. (He directed that famous CARMEN with flamenco dancing back in the 1980s). Interesting man with interesting films to his credit though I have to admit I hadn't seen many of them.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Miss Karen

« Reply #211 on: August 08, 2007, 01:40:45 PM »

viewing from an atered perspective ::)

der Brucer

Atered Perspective?  Couldn't find it in MY dictionary, but I bet it's something kinky...

Ben

« Reply #212 on: August 08, 2007, 01:42:32 PM »

Right now, I'm posting from the NYMF crowd's favorite coffee place, The Coffe Pot at 49th & 9th.  I can't stand Eighth Avenue, but I love Ninth, for plenty of welcoming and/or comfy places like these.

I love The Coffee Pot. Great place if any of you out of town H/Ks are in the neighborhood.

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: August 08, 2007, 01:43:18 PM »

Page Eight Harry Potter, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2007, 01:44:57 PM »

Then I watched two interviews with the film's two leading ladies: Geraldine Chaplin and Ana Torrent (who was 7 when the film was made). In this one, Chaplin speaks English, but in the other bonus in the set (and in the film itself), she speaks fluent Spanish.

Miss Karen

« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2007, 01:45:01 PM »

The Kinky Atered Perspective Dance in honor of Page 8 (with two studs in gold lame undies popping out of a Baked Alaska singing "All About Men"  in honor of der Brucer's BD -- could those two studs be our very own DRs MusicGuy and Jose -- yes!)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #216 on: August 08, 2007, 01:45:08 PM »

At eleven-thirty we heard from the agent asking if they could have until five, because the actress had to discuss it with her husband (she'd have to drive to the city and deal with parking).

Gee, if that was going to be an issue, you'd think she would have already asked him... ???

I wonder what she usually does when she has a job in the city. Or around the reservoir.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2007, 01:45:52 PM »

I concluded my afternoon by rewatching Monday night's THE CLOSER. Very entertaining, and I shed a few tears at the end of the doctor's office scene just as I did when I saw it for the first time Monday night. What a beautiful moment.

Edisaurus

« Reply #218 on: August 08, 2007, 01:46:01 PM »

The Kinky Atered Perspective Dance in honor of Page 8 (with two studs in gold lame undies popping out

Hey! This is a family site, Miss K! :o
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2007, 01:46:57 PM »

I concluded my afternoon by rewatching Monday night's THE CLOSER. Very entertaining, and I shed a few tears at the end of the doctor's office scene just as I did when I saw it for the first time Monday night. What a beautiful moment.

Me, too. What a sweet, touching scene!

Miss Karen

« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2007, 01:50:11 PM »

Gee, if that was going to be an issue, you'd think she would have already asked him... ???

Really! (And what happened to Women's Lib and just saying "Honey, I'm taking the part!" ?)

Matt H.

« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2007, 01:52:09 PM »

Great news!!!

USA has renewed BURN NOTICE for a second season of 13 episodes to be shown next summer. This should make DR Elmore as happy as it made me.

Holly Hunter's series SAVING GRACE has also been renewed for another season (15 episodes) though the VARIETY article said most likely TNT will move it to a different night next summer and try to build a new series behind it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2007, 01:52:27 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Yes, it's hot and humid in NYC.  But, again... It's Summer.  It's August.  It's supposed to be hot and humid.  "Acceptance" makes it feel cooler than it really is.
Make Your Own Luck.

Miss Karen

« Reply #223 on: August 08, 2007, 01:52:31 PM »

Hey! This is a family site, Miss K! :o

Oh, yikes! I know, I keep forgetting, sorry all you families out there .. me bad!  

;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2007, 01:55:37 PM »

DR elmore - See what happens when you call the MTA officials bad names!  ;)

When I got to Columbus Circle, I had my choice of an A Express or a B Local to take back uptown.  And since I had the time - and wanted to sit in a near empty train car - I took the B.   -And it managed to pull into the station just as the A was heading on uptown.  :)

So... Just take the 1 Train to 50th Street tonight.  And, remember, don't curse the MTA before you leave your apartment.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #225 on: August 08, 2007, 01:55:49 PM »

Really! (And what happened to Women's Lib and just saying "Honey, I'm taking the part!" ?)

Quick, somebody get the "Will Bender!"
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #226 on: August 08, 2007, 01:57:15 PM »

If these the folks you asked to be Joyce and Fred don't work out, maybe you could ask Judy Kaye and her DH.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #227 on: August 08, 2007, 01:57:38 PM »

Ah, The Coffe Pot.  It used to be owned by the same folks who run Pietrasanta and Rachel's (and the now-closed Sag Harbor).  It changed hands a year or two ago, and it closed for a few weeks for some spiffying up and remodeling.  It's still a nice place, but it's not the same (at least to me).
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2007, 01:58:25 PM »

I would have taken out a loan to go to NYC if Donny Osmond played Fred.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Edisaurus

« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2007, 01:58:38 PM »

Quick, somebody get the "Will Bender!"

LOL, so true!

"I'm taking the part. Get your own damn beer!"

Edisaurus

« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2007, 01:59:04 PM »

This just in:

Fox Theatre joins fledgling partnership

By WENDELL BROCK
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/09/2007
For years, most of the nation's performing arts centers have let Broadway dictate the programming. Now Atlanta's Fox Theatre and Theater of the Stars have decided to get in on the development of new Broadway musicals.

The two Atlanta entities have invested in Elephant Eye Theatrical, a New York-based production company headed by former Disney Theatrical executive Stuart Oken. Backed by a consortium of 15 arts organizations from across the country, Elephant Eye is already at work on "The Addams Family," based on the quirky New Yorker cartoons by the late Charles Adams and expected to hit Broadway by the end of 2009.

"It's the first time in our history that we will have some direct control over the touring product," Fox general manager Allan C. Vella said. "It will allow us to be involved in the organization that will create theater productions for years to come."

According to Oken, the members of the $8 million initative will be involved in the creation of content. They will also own the material, lock in the rights to present the musicals and share in profits — should the initial investment be recouped.

Over time, Atlanta could potentially be the site of out-of-town tryouts for Elephant Eye's Broadway-bound shows. At 4,678 seats, the Fox is probably too big for the launch of unfamiliar new work, Oken said, but other partners, such as the Alliance Theatre, could be recruited. National tours could also start in Atlanta, Oken said.

With the world premiere of "Aida" (1998) and "The Color Purple" (2004) at the Alliance, Atlanta has caught the eye of national producers — although Chicago, Seattle and San Francisco remain the preferred cities for out-of-town tryouts. The Alliance — which last year launched the national tour of "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" — won this year's Tony Award for regional excellence. Theater of the Stars, meanwhile, produced the world premiere of Disney's "High School Musical," which became the template for Disney's current national tour.

"I wanted to be involved in Atlanta," Oken said. "Atlanta is a thriving and exciting theater community." The CEO and producer of Elephant Eye, Oken worked for Disney Theatricals when "Aida" was born at the Alliance.

Two years ago, five non-profit arts organizations — the Bushnell Center of Hartford, Conn.; the Ordway Center of St. Paul, Minn.; the Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera and the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust; Boston's Citi Performing Arts Center and Philadelphia's Kimmel Center — formed Five Cent Productions, now the core group of Elephant Eye.

Nine other arts entities, including the Fox and Theater of the Stars, recently joined Elephant Eye. Neither Vella nor Theater of the Stars' managing director Nicholas F. Manos would disclose the amount of the investment. "We and the Fox partnered together to make a modest investment," Manos said.

Elephant Eye's first project, a musical called "Saved," will get its world premiere next year at New York's Playwrights Horizons, the original producer of Broadway's "Grey Gardens." Gary Griffin ("The Color Purple") will direct. "The Addams Family" is expected to have its out-of-town tryout in Chicago in 2009, then move to Broadway by end of the year. A third musical, "Bruce Lee: Journey to the West," is in development for the 2010-11 Broadway season.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 01:59:37 PM by Edisaurus »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2007, 01:59:59 PM »

Atered Perspective?  Couldn't find it in MY dictionary, but I bet it's something kinky...

Well, guess I didn't get back in time :(

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Edisaurus

« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2007, 02:00:09 PM »

DR MusicGuy has also performed at the Fabulous Fox Theatre!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2007, 02:00:12 PM »

Forgot to mention that after auditions, Jose and I went to Supermac, where I had a small mac and four cheese which was the best I have ever had anywhere.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2007, 02:01:12 PM »

I have heard no confirmation from General Mills - what else is new?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #235 on: August 08, 2007, 02:02:46 PM »

And Philip's is good too, although I usually end up eating in the Park Cafe which is in Wellington.  -Or going to "Between the Bread" next door - they have no tables, but great sandwiches to grab-and-go.

-Although, there's also that wonderful and very authentic espresso bar, Zibetto, on 6th Ave between 55th and 56th.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2007, 02:04:09 PM »

-- could those two studs be our very own DRs MusicGuy and Jose -- yes!)

Singing "Feet up, pat him on the po-po"!

der Brucer

PS MusicGuy should be in pink lame! (I'm sure Legally Blonde would have a costume)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ginny

« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2007, 02:04:18 PM »

OK, time to brave the heat - or as one of my co-workers described it yesterday:

Air You Can Wear

When I get home, our new stove should be there!  I'll post a photo later...

Bye for now.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2007, 02:04:45 PM »

DR DerBrucer - So... There are plenty of places for charcuterie and Red Velvet Cupcakes here in NYC.  BK ain't missin' nothin'.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Miss Karen

« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2007, 02:05:44 PM »

LOL, so true!

"I'm taking the part. Get your own damn beer!"

That's what I'm talking about, girls!!  Yea-ah!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up