Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE STORY OF JERRY AND THE DOG  (Read 71596 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE STORY OF JERRY AND THE DOG
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2007, 11:09:40 AM »

PAGE SIX DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2007, 11:11:30 AM »

In my CD-ROM drive, here at work:  Wall-To-Wall Stephen Sondheim (shh...don't tell anyone!  It's the entire concert ;))
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2007, 11:16:42 AM »

Cilla - you're rotating between the CD's of The Brain from Planet X, The Last Starfighter and Legally Blonde in the kitchen? - I'm shedding tears of joy about being in that group, really!  

(And obviously Skip and I have BK and Kritzerland to thank for Last Starfighter being in that mix)

;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2007, 11:17:44 AM »

A question for NYMF members: I have ordered my "free" tickets. Now I want to order tickets for Noel's show. Can I buy additional tickets or do I have to wait until Sept.?

The web site is not working well for me today...

Edi - there is a ticket phone number, I'd call and see what they say.  It's on the page somewhere.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2007, 11:19:42 AM »

Can you make an offer to an actor with a deadline in it? So that they must decide within, say, 3 days or the offer no longer stands? That would only seem fair.

Cillaliz

« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2007, 11:21:12 AM »

I believe that only NYMF "Platimum" members are able to buy extra tix before 9/1

I joined NYMF last night and orderd my tix for the 9/29  1 pm show of Starfighter and the 4:30  9/30 show of Such Good Friends

I had incorrectly believed that I had to join  NYMF before 8/1 to buy tix during the member only period and didn't have the cash last pay period  

I was so excited to see I could join last night and still get the tix!!

The Lovely and Generous DR GINNY very kindly used 2 of her preview slots to get tix  for the Vixter and I to see the final  'Brain" on 8/30

I think Edisuarus and her DH and DR Ginny & her DH Richard will also be at the performance....any other DR's palnning on attending the final "Brain"?

Samantha and I will be there

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2007, 11:22:18 AM »

I'll be at the final BRAIN, and when I can order tickets, I'll be at the 4:30 SGF, too. Fun!

I have to see what Sam wants to do...I was thinking about going to the SGF 4:30 performance.   I'll talk to her when I see her next week

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2007, 11:24:11 AM »

DR Miss Karen, there are even diva librarians!

Marian the Diva Librarian....

td

• td
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2007, 11:38:26 AM »

Yes, BK, I was around  and very aware when MARNIE got its critical lambasting in the 1960s. I've never liked it, and it subbornly refuses to grow on me after years of trying to enjoy it. Obviously, many critics have come to appreciate it over the years.

TORN CURTAIN, however, was panned then and is still disliked by many. It's wildly underrated in my opinion. I've even read respected critics who rate TOPAZ ahead of TORN CURTAIN which I don't understand at all.

Well, I adore MARNIE.  I always have.  
I agree that TORN CURTAIN is supremely under-appreciated.
I have yet to make it through TOPAZ.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2007, 11:41:08 AM »

TOD:
DVD - LES MISERABLES, Michael Rennie version

I must flip my Charles Laughton over tonight.
I found my LES MISERABLES, and some other fine titles, a a huge discount chain combined with Cliff Notes editions of the novels they're based on.  ANNA KARENINA is next on my list. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2007, 11:43:33 AM »

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2007, 12:02:11 PM »

Re deadlines: We did that on Wednesday - gave the agent until noon.  She called us immediately and asked if they could have till five.  We said okay.  She called back and said this conversation had to take place between hubby and wife, and that it would that evening.  The next morning we had the call from the agent with the final details, and I, upon my arrival in LA, agreed to them.  And since then we have probably left eight messages for the agent, just asking for a simple confirmation - we agreed to the final details and it should be a done deal and probably is, but until I get that final confirmation, then for me it's nothing.  Unfortunately, my casting guy is in sessions all day, so he can't leave another "you have until five" message, which is what I want to do.  I may ask my GM to do it right now.

Ginny

« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2007, 12:04:57 PM »

Some Friday entertainment:

From the sublime, near where I spent last week:

Ten Chimneys on NPR

To the ridiculous, near where we live  ::) :

Big Butter Jesus
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2007, 12:13:18 PM »

Hmm...

So... I have a $25 discount voucher on United from when my luggage was "delayed" back in March... However, I can only redeem the voucher via a travel agent or their phone reservation system... Which would not let me take advantage of the Online Booking Bonus... But after checking the fares online, i realized that the one-way fares are just the same as the round-trip fares - the flights are priced in segments, not as a "package" (like the used to do, if that makes sense).  So...

I called United to see if I could book my next trip as two, one-way flights/tickets.  This way I could apply the discount voucher to one segment, and book the other segment online and get the frequent flyer bonus.  And, lo and behold, that's totally kosher.

And since I was thinking of heading down to Richmond next week - my aunt from Seattle is visiting, and I haven't seen her in almost 20(!) years - I checked out the flights for that trip too.  Surprisingly, even though I'm booking less than two weeks in advance, I was able to find fares under $175 - which is cheaper than Amtrak.  And if I decide to book it as two, one-way segments and get two Online Booking Bonuses, then I'll have enough points for a free ticket!  :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 12:16:21 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »

It's a lazy afternoon...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2007, 01:06:14 PM »

Way to go, DR Jose, with the airline bookings!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2007, 01:16:56 PM »

Way to go, DR Jose, with the airline bookings!

Thanks, DR Ginny.  Although, I guess I should be thanking the airlines.  Who'd of thunk?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2007, 01:26:16 PM »

It was every bit as hot and still as I was dreading when I went out on my errands. And wouldn't you know that after several weeks of being able to park close to the entrance to the grocery store because the parking lot was surprisingly empty, today I had to park a LONG distance away and walk. The heat was withering.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2007, 01:28:13 PM »

I began my afternoon finishing the marvelous TORN CURTAIN that I had begun last night. Always find the ending so satisfying after so much tension in the last half hour of the picture.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2007, 01:29:39 PM »

Next came David Mamet's HOUSE OF GAMES which I had never seen before. About con artists and con games (at least on the surface), I saw the cons way in advance and figured I was smarter than the filmmakers. Then Mamet pulled a fast one and brought me up short. Good film!

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: August 10, 2007, 01:32:02 PM »

Next, I began watching the special features on the DVD. There are separate 14 minute interviews with Lindsay Crouse and Joe Montegna. I had forgotten that Crouse was at one time married to David Mamet. What a gift for him to present her with: a terrific leading role in a great script being directed by him.

And, of course, Montegna's professional involvement with Mamet goes way back, so hearing their comments on making the picture were very entertaining.

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: August 10, 2007, 01:33:22 PM »

I also started listening to the audio commentary on the film by Mamet and con expert/actor Ricky Jay. Good back and forth quipping and reminiscing by the two of them.

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2007, 01:34:46 PM »

I have one more special feature on the disc to watch, a brief documentary that was made while the film was in production in 1987, and then I'll be done with the disc.

Tonight, I'll be able to watch BURN NOTICE from last night and maybe even something else before MONK begins at 9.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: August 10, 2007, 01:42:41 PM »

Well, I need to do some stretching, and then head out for a bit.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: August 10, 2007, 01:51:53 PM »

The actress is not happening.  We finally heard back from her agent, who said the problem was that the actress thought that the Equity stipend was WEEKLY.  Now, this is a person who DID a NYMF show last year.  To say that I went ballistic over all this wasted time is an understatement.  And if we've lost my followup actress because she booked another show in these last two days, well, my wrath will know no bounds.  I'm tempted to call the actress personally.  Certainly the two mutual friends are going to get an earful today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: August 10, 2007, 01:53:23 PM »

On top of that, my design team is freaking out because of all the stuff the show requires.  Again, they've had the script for three bloody weeks and a video of the show for a week and a half.  I'm happy to simplify everything, but I need to know how that's going to look and they're just freaking out without even telling me HOW they want to simplify.  I'm not doing this show with no set and props and costumes - that much I know.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #176 on: August 10, 2007, 02:02:15 PM »

On top of that, my design team is freaking out because of all the stuff the show requires.  Again, they've had the script for three bloody weeks and a video of the show for a week and a half.  I'm happy to simplify everything, but I need to know how that's going to look and they're just freaking out without even telling me HOW they want to simplify.  I'm not doing this show with no set and props and costumes - that much I know.

The NUDE Brain From Planet X
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #177 on: August 10, 2007, 02:03:05 PM »

I won't let it go on either....they've got my $5000....well actually they've got  my $50.....but you know what I mean.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #178 on: August 10, 2007, 02:05:08 PM »

The director of THE SUNSHINE BOYS is looking to "boost" the actress playing the nurse in the sketch portion of the show.  Different things have been tried.

Today I went to Goodwill to look at the books, and hanging on a hanger in the book section was this....I don't know what to call it.....like a tank top with spaghetti straps and built in H U G E bosoms......so I took it up to the counter and bought it for $3.99....

George

« Reply #179 on: August 10, 2007, 02:05:24 PM »

The actress is not happening.  We finally heard back from her agent, who said the problem was that the actress thought that the Equity stipend was WEEKLY.  Now, this is a person who DID a NYMF show last year.  To say that I went ballistic over all this wasted time is an understatement.  And if we've lost my followup actress because she booked another show in these last two days, well, my wrath will know no bounds.  I'm tempted to call the actress personally.  Certainly the two mutual friends are going to get an earful today.

Actors!  Can't live with 'em...can't shoot 'em.

;)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up