Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE STORY OF JERRY AND THE DOG  (Read 71593 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE STORY OF JERRY AND THE DOG
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2007, 02:05:55 PM »

DR JENNIFER - I feel your courier pain....and all they say is "You get your money back....."

I hope you tell everyone you know WHAT company it was.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2007, 02:06:56 PM »

No time to dance....off to the theatre to see what chicanery El Gallo is capable of tonight.

Then there is a party at the home of the music director that I many attend for a bit.....but there are certainly DIFFERENT people I would like to spend time with....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2007, 02:07:56 PM »

I will reveal who the actress is, though, never fear.  

Ginny

« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2007, 02:09:23 PM »

DR JRand - second-night break-a-leg vibes for The Fantasticks!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

brian

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2007, 02:19:55 PM »

BK-your plane trip sounded like"what do we do?we FLy from Do I HEAR A WALTZ? Hey JA fans, Lion's Cage is also my favorite Andrews Album; I think I've got everything of hers, including the Country /western one, except for the Japanese concert on Vinyl. It popped up on footlights once, unfortunately when my cards were maxed out. I live in hope; Car CD has smithsonian BWAY anthology, bedside boom box has CURTAINS, and DVD has HOT FUZZ, which would have been on my top 10 list, but the bronchitis kept me down.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2007, 02:33:22 PM »

I think this actress's behavior has been abominable.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2007, 02:35:23 PM »

Now, I have some writing to do, and then that awful job of jobs - mopping the kitchen floor.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2007, 02:51:32 PM »

In retrospect, it has been abominable, both she and her agent.  I was giving her the benefit of the doubt because we'd had such a nice conversation.  And the funniest thing her agent said just a few moments ago was, "She's going to pass."  I believe my GM laughed out loud and said it was not she who was passing but US.  In fact, the casting guy formally pulled the offer, and has now sent an offer to our next actress, who hopefully will like the show and want to do it.  But, I'll be talking to the casting guy at three-thirty my time, and we're going to make a list of five actresses.  I don't think we've heard from the actor who has an offer, but hopefully soon.

And now I'll tell you who the actress was - and I want to preface it by saying I really do think she would have done well in the part, but two days ago the whole idea of it began to annoy me (all the waffling) and I'm now glad it hasn't worked out, because I feel there would have been even more drama ahead.  And when I tell you who it is, you'll know immediately how stupid a decision this was on her part - she should have leapt at the chance to a) do a wonderful part, and b) work with me, who, after all, has worked in the recording industry for seventeen years and has worked with the best there is.

Her name is Andrea McArdle, and creating this kind of bad energy is maybe why she's never been able to create another role outside of tiny little workshops.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2007, 03:03:59 PM »

In retrospect, it has been abominable, both she and her agent.  I was giving her the benefit of the doubt because we'd had such a nice conversation.  And the funniest thing her agent said just a few moments ago was, "She's going to pass."  I believe my GM laughed out loud and said it was not she who was passing but US.  In fact, the casting guy formally pulled the offer, and has now sent an offer to our next actress, who hopefully will like the show and want to do it.  But, I'll be talking to the casting guy at three-thirty my time, and we're going to make a list of five actresses.  I don't think we've heard from the actor who has an offer, but hopefully soon.

And now I'll tell you who the actress was - and I want to preface it by saying I really do think she would have done well in the part, but two days ago the whole idea of it began to annoy me (all the waffling) and I'm now glad it hasn't worked out, because I feel there would have been even more drama ahead.  And when I tell you who it is, you'll know immediately how stupid a decision this was on her part - she should have leapt at the chance to a) do a wonderful part, and b) work with me, who, after all, has worked in the recording industry for seventeen years and has worked with the best there is.

Her name is Andrea McArdle, and creating this kind of bad energy is maybe why she's never been able to create another role outside of tiny little workshops.

BK, ask Michael if he knows Michelle Dawson, who might be a possible Joyce. She was the second Cinderella after Christianne Tisdale for the NY State Theatre Institute and she'd be about the right age now.  I see her occasionally at the NYPL and she's quite pretty with a wnderful voice.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: August 10, 2007, 03:24:34 PM »

Spoo! Michelle may  be out on tour as Milly in "Seven Brides For Seven Brothers."

I see she was doing Rizzo in GREASE for Pitsburgh Civic Light Opera, but I don't know if that's this summer.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2007, 03:35:35 PM »

I sincerely hope your next offer isn't to the actress who just accepted mine.

I should be able to announce my full cast within a number of days.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

td

• td
« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2007, 03:36:34 PM »

Still no mention of Audrey Totter's daughter? ???
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2007, 03:44:28 PM »

I sincerely hope your next offer isn't to the actress who just accepted mine.

I should be able to announce my full cast within a number of days.

Noel, quick!  Call BK!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2007, 03:48:55 PM »

I can't even blame Jose for this one!

She does not deserve to be in this show after wasting everyone's time like that. As much as it would be interesting to see her, she doesn't sound like she has a very professional attitude. Jeez...

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2007, 03:52:10 PM »

Hmm...

So... I have a $25 discount voucher on United from when my luggage was "delayed" back in March... However, I can only redeem the voucher via a travel agent or their phone reservation system... Which would not let me take advantage of the Online Booking Bonus... But after checking the fares online, i realized that the one-way fares are just the same as the round-trip fares - the flights are priced in segments, not as a "package" (like the used to do, if that makes sense).  So...

I called United to see if I could book my next trip as two, one-way flights/tickets.  This way I could apply the discount voucher to one segment, and book the other segment online and get the frequent flyer bonus.  And, lo and behold, that's totally kosher.

And since I was thinking of heading down to Richmond next week - my aunt from Seattle is visiting, and I haven't seen her in almost 20(!) years - I checked out the flights for that trip too.  Surprisingly, even though I'm booking less than two weeks in advance, I was able to find fares under $175 - which is cheaper than Amtrak.  And if I decide to book it as two, one-way segments and get two Online Booking Bonuses, then I'll have enough points for a free ticket!  :)

Good going, Jose!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: August 10, 2007, 03:52:12 PM »

Finally, a still from SWEENEY TODD!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2007, 03:54:42 PM »

I can't even blame Jose for this one!

She does not deserve to be in this show after wasting everyone's time like that. As much as it would be interesting to see her, she doesn't sound like she has a very professional attitude. Jeez...

Yeah...what she said!

:)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2007, 03:54:50 PM »

Thanks, DR Ginny.  Although, I guess I should be thanking the airlines.  Who'd of thunk?  ;)

It's amazing what deals you can find if you get creative.  I've used points/voluntary bumps etc for both air fare and hotel rooms and I take the time to explore it every trip I take.  It's how jhvw got a free plane ticket last year and Sam and I are going to have a free hotel while in NYC this year.   Of course, sometimes it takes literally all day - like when I FINALLY got the weather waiver last March to go a day early to beat what was  a huge blizzard here

Cillaliz

« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2007, 04:00:44 PM »

VIBES THAT THE ACTRESS WHO NOW HAS THE OFFER SAYS YES AND SAYS IT QUICKLY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2007, 04:07:02 PM »

I wonder if Noel is through raiding my talent pool?  And yes, I did speak to the actress in question, but I'll play nice and not go there.  She's not who we went to, but she was high on my list if the next gal falls out.

MBarnum

« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2007, 04:10:44 PM »

BK, I hope you have a better experience with the next actress offer...it will be interesting to find out who it is!

MBarnum

« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2007, 04:14:45 PM »

CD:
THE RAY CHARLES SINGERS: Al Di La and Other Songs for Young Lovers

DVD:
THE 11TH ANNUAL EMMY AWARDS
HAMMER

DVR:
TOWER OF LONDON (1963 version)

Michael

« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2007, 04:19:14 PM »

Does anyone here have access to Julie Andrews' LP of DON'T GO IN THE LION'S CAGE TONIGHT that could make a audio cassette or CD for me? I have never heard this entire album, and the two "Buy It Now" offerings on Ebay would cost $25 with postage added which I think is extreme.

I don't know how I passed it up when I was a member of the Columbia Record Club back in the 1960s. I remember it coming out, but I bought something else, and have never heard the whole thing, just the few songs from it that are on the Julie CD compilation A LITTLE BIT OF BROADWAY.

Just curious if anyone has access to it. Thanks.

If no one else has offered I will be very happy to help you out.
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2007, 04:34:23 PM »

Ah, got it out of my system and can step off the soap box -- sorry about the rant about divas...just a pet peeve of mine cause you even get them in community theatre...

Divas in community theater?  That could easily be the title of my next book.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2007, 04:35:44 PM »

Drama with the design team is partially over, so that's good.  I honestly don't know what goes on with people, although in their defense I'll say that a) they're very young, and b) they've been working with a set designer who gets what he wants in terms of his sets.  We're, of course, doing a NYMF show.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2007, 04:38:13 PM »

Tournament Level?  I've never heard of this.  I'll have to look at it when I get home.

Good luck finding it DR George.  I just made it up, because I can.
“One thing’s universal,

Michael

« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2007, 04:38:42 PM »

TOD
Car CD

The Creature Wasn't Nice

Home made cds of Academy Award Winning Best Songs From 1935-1999 with the exception of 1984's I Just Called To Say I Love You

I am missing 2000'sThings Have Changed, 2004's Al Otro Lado Del Río, & 2006's I Need to Wake Up. From my collection and I will not include The Songs from 2002 & 2005.
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: August 10, 2007, 04:39:32 PM »

I have an early meeting on Tuesday at LACC to see what props and costumes and wigs I can borrow.  The answer to that question will help alleviate some of the stress.  Part of the problem is that for the last couple of years, the producers on NYMF shows have so been bending and subverting the rules that the bar keeps being raised in terms of the production values.  That's not what this festival is supposed to be about, and Equity actually forbids it being about that, but they do it anyway.  There is one show in this year's festival, and I'd guess that they're spending between 50 and 100K, most of it entirely under the table, which is not fair to any of the other shows.  I've had to raise a considerable amount of money, most of which we have no hope of getting back, and even having done that, everything is so tight it's not even funny.

We are finding some backup designers just in case I don't think what I'm shown over the weekend is going to work.

td

• td
« Reply #208 on: August 10, 2007, 04:40:39 PM »

Good luck finding it DR George.  I just made it up, because I can.

That's why I love you, DR TCB - BECAUSE YOU CAN!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #209 on: August 10, 2007, 04:46:22 PM »

Tonght, I'm going to see Camelot, put on by Kids At Play (the children's summer theater program of Jeff Kingsbury's Capital Playhouse).  In 1991, I was in a local community theater production and I really didn't know the show before I was in it.  I had a great time and met some people who are still very dear friends of mine to this day, but...it's the only show that I've performed in that I didn't really like after doing it. :P The show just didn't do anything for me, so we'll see how I feel about it now.

George, when you go to Capital tonight, find out when, next season, they are doing Sweeney Todd.  I understand they are bringing in Jarrod Emick to play Sweeney.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up