Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WELL, DEAR READERS  (Read 82743 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:WELL, DEAR READERS
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2007, 11:33:44 AM »

Amy,
Please extend my congratulations to the TNT team responsible for The Company - my favorite mini-series in years.

The plot lines hit close to home. It was the Hungarian revolution that triggered the cancellation of my active duty deferent and sent me on active duty. The visuals (exteriors, cars, costumes) for 1956 are really well done.

I was in Santiago, Cuba weeks before Castro took over (there were sand-bagged sentry posts on the street corners). The failure of the US to come to the invaders' support was the subject of much discussion at the Academy - indeed the topic was closely tied to our craven desertion of Hungary in 1956

I wonder if the conclusion will carry through the theme of "Don't Trust the USA" with our desertion of the Shiites after the first Iraq invasion?

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2007, 11:37:28 AM »

DR GEORGE yes we must have a full Frankenstein report with scans of Playbills and souvenir books.

I got some cash just in case. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2007, 11:38:52 AM »

Speaking of learning lines...

Does anyone even use sides anymore?  I mean, I know if you rent a show from Tams - Witmark, they send them...

But I've always found it easier to xerox the entire script and work from that.

The only time that I've actually gotten sides was in my very first theatrical experience in college.  We did Brigadoon and were given the sides.  NOBODY liked them and everyone complained, so they caved in and copied the scripts.  For some reason, the director and staff either didn't want us to have the full scripts or they just didn't want to go through the hassle of copying all of them.  Either way, the sides were stupid...especially for a musical! :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2007, 11:45:27 AM »

DR RLP -

Yes, scary.  Some people just aren't happy unless others [and the government, and the courts] tow their personal line.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2007, 11:48:46 AM »

One of my fondest boat memories is from about 10 years ago.  My DH and I and another couple traveled the canals in the Netherlands in a small rented boat for about a week and half.  We slept on the boat in marinas to save money.  We didn't travel very fast, but we sure saw the country from a different perspective!

Amsterdam canal memories:

der Brucer

George

« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2007, 11:50:49 AM »

DR George - When Shuler Hensley comes out for his bow, yell - in a sort of angry, but determined manner - "STICK AROUND!" for me.  ;D

And yell - "Hello from the Big Chicken" for me!

Okay...I will...I think. ::)

;D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2007, 11:53:34 AM »

DR RLP -

Yes, scary.  Some people just aren't happy unless others [and the government, and the courts] tow their personal line.

I, for one, am all for others (people, government, courts) having their own point of view, as long as it does not contradict mine.

der Brucer

FJL

« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2007, 11:55:02 AM »

With singdaw back in town, catching up is getting more and more time-consuming.
:)

singdaw

« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2007, 11:55:43 AM »

And you are unanimous in that.

singdaw

« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2007, 11:56:49 AM »

Referring to DR derBrucer, not DR FJL.

Although Fred may also be correct.

FJL

« Reply #190 on: August 14, 2007, 11:58:14 AM »

Heather Spore (from the Storm Theatre production of Last Starfighter, and who won raves as the lead in the Two River production of Umbrellas of Cherbourg) will be going on as Glinda tonight in WICKED.  

Very much looking forward to seeing this tonight!

George

« Reply #191 on: August 14, 2007, 12:04:49 PM »

Perhaps we should ask about people's first PROP plane flight.
Ewww!!!

I've never been on a prop plane.

As for first plane, I was about four years old and we moved to Germany (my dad was in the army).  I don't remember it.  We flew back to the States when I was seven.  I barely remember that.  The next flight I took wasn't until 1990 when my sister, niece and I flew to California to visit our aunt (the nun) who just visited us last month.  The two other long-distance flights that I took were both non-stop from Seattle...one to New York and one to London.  On the trip to NYC from Seattle, I had a window seat and as we flew above the clouds, there was a rainbow that was a complete circle!!  AND I DIDN'T HAVE MY CAMERA!  It was packed in my luggage. >:( Talk about a missed opportunity.  It would've been a GREAT picture.  

singdaw

« Reply #192 on: August 14, 2007, 12:05:32 PM »

DR der Brucer, I see a red, I see a white, but I don't see any food.  ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2007, 12:05:45 PM »

Wow....we will have Frankenstein and Wicked reports tomorrow!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2007, 12:08:02 PM »

DR JEANNE - a secret room in a dream....according to the Dream-O-Matic 6000...usually is indicative of an unrealized potential, it is time to re-examine some forgotten or left behind projects.

Also you are seeking communication from someone who seems to have disappeared - it will be forthcoming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #195 on: August 14, 2007, 12:09:04 PM »

Good Afternoon!

We're still Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'
Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #196 on: August 14, 2007, 12:09:30 PM »

POTENTIAL SPOILER

Just checked the SYTYCD site, since I don't watch the crap anymore....and found out that Danny DumbAss is in the top four.  Another reason to give the show a pass next year.  It doesn't matter what the PEOPLE want....we put him in the bottom three for three weeks in a row early in the season and the judges kept his ass on the show.  

George

« Reply #197 on: August 14, 2007, 12:09:51 PM »

If you wish to download and save NPR's one-hour bio of Jule Styne, Let Me Entertain You -The Songs of Jule Styne, you can do so HERE.  

Warning:  it does take about half an hour with a broadband connection.

I just downloaded this at work (I'll have to put it on a flash drive and take it home), but it took 50 minutes on my work computer! :o

But it worked. :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #198 on: August 14, 2007, 12:09:55 PM »

Gaucho!

Gesundheit!

Jennifer

« Reply #199 on: August 14, 2007, 12:10:50 PM »

BIG BROTHER DISCUSSION FOR THOSE READING LIVE FEED SPOILERS

What do you guys think is gonna happen now?

Will eric and jess join with dick and daniele? Will eric not commit and see if he is forced to vote against dustin?

Will jen and zach vote to evict dick?

Did any of you see the horrible repulsive rampage dick went on the othre day with the pots.

It's so odd that dick is the most popular houseguest. And it is so odd the way CBS edits the show. I get that is merely different hearing his rant with the swear words bleeped out. But really when you add music and edit the content it is nothing like what he is really doing.

I was completely in shock to actually watch it.

Jennifer

« Reply #200 on: August 14, 2007, 12:15:49 PM »

re: so you think you can dance results show (last night)

POTENTIAL SPOILER

Just checked the SYTYCD site, since I don't watch the crap anymore....and found out that Danny DumbAss is in the top four.  Another reason to give the show a pass next year.  It doesn't matter what the PEOPLE want....we put him in the bottom three for three weeks in a row early in the season and the judges kept his ass on the show.  

I disagree. I think danny is the best dancer on the show.

I think the reason he was in the B3 was because 1) his partners  2)people did not realize how good he was.

I think he has gotten better each week. Plus i think that when the judges and expert choreographers say he is the best dancer they have ever seen ... well i think people start to think that kicking out someone so acclaimed makes them look dumb.

The thing is it is ONLY america voting right now (no judges). It's been like this for weeks. So if the people really wanted danny out he would be out.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:16:29 PM by Jennifer »

Ben

« Reply #201 on: August 14, 2007, 12:20:41 PM »

I just downloaded Jule Styne, Let Me Entertain You -The Songs of Jule Styne at work (I'll have to put it on a flash drive and take it home), but it took 50 minutes on my work computer! :o

But it worked. :)

So did I and yes, it did  ;D

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #202 on: August 14, 2007, 12:22:42 PM »

I just saw that Jonathan Crombie is going to be in the DROWSY touring company as Man in Chair. We liked him very much when we saw him on Broadway so we will probably go again when it hits Atlanta.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #203 on: August 14, 2007, 12:23:59 PM »

Der B, thanks for the compliments which I forwarded to our TNT producers. I'm glad you like it so far...too bad more viewers aren't tuning in. The numbers are very disappointing!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: August 14, 2007, 12:38:49 PM »

The "Chunnel"---underwater tunnel. A little scary, at first!

But you don't see much, do you? Just joking--I recall the countryside of both France and England being quite a pleasure.

I am always utterly amazed at the engineering that goes into subways and chunnels.

MBarnum

« Reply #205 on: August 14, 2007, 12:42:03 PM »

And one for DR MBarnum:

Thanks Ginny,

I just added that to my Amazon.com wishlist!

singdaw

« Reply #206 on: August 14, 2007, 12:48:58 PM »

Actor Alan Tudyk talks about what it's like filming nude scenes here.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: August 14, 2007, 12:50:42 PM »

DR JEANNE - a secret room in a dream....according to the Dream-O-Matic 6000...usually is indicative of an unrealized potential, it is time to re-examine some forgotten or left behind projects.

Also you are seeking communication from someone who seems to have disappeared - it will be forthcoming.

THANK YOU to JRAND and the trusty Dream-O-Matic.

George

« Reply #208 on: August 14, 2007, 12:59:38 PM »

Actor Alan Tudyk talks about what it's like filming nude scenes here.

I am so there! :D I first heard of Alan in "28 Days" with Sandra Bullock.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #209 on: August 14, 2007, 01:09:12 PM »

BIG BROTHER DISCUSSION FOR THOSE READING LIVE FEED SPOILERS

What do you guys think is gonna happen now?

Will eric and jess join with dick and daniele? Will eric not commit and see if he is forced to vote against dustin?

Will jen and zach vote to evict dick?

Did any of you see the horrible repulsive rampage dick went on the othre day with the pots.

It's so odd that dick is the most popular houseguest. And it is so odd the way CBS edits the show. I get that is merely different hearing his rant with the swear words bleeped out. But really when you add music and edit the content it is nothing like what he is really doing.

I was completely in shock to actually watch it.

IMO, if any of the houseguests are still so stupid as to fall for Dick's mind-warping tactics, they deserve for him to stay and take it all.

I find all the houseguests repulsive.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up