Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WELL, DEAR READERS  (Read 82466 times)

Cillaliz

Re:WELL, DEAR READERS
« Reply #210 on: August 14, 2007, 01:10:40 PM »

BIG BROTHER DISCUSSION FOR THOSE READING LIVE FEED SPOILERS

What do you guys think is gonna happen now?

Will eric and jess join with dick and daniele? Will eric not commit and see if he is forced to vote against dustin?

Will jen and zach vote to evict dick?

Did any of you see the horrible repulsive rampage dick went on the othre day with the pots.

It's so odd that dick is the most popular houseguest. And it is so odd the way CBS edits the show. I get that is merely different hearing his rant with the swear words bleeped out. But really when you add music and edit the content it is nothing like what he is really doing.

I was completely in shock to actually watch it.

I assume that Dick used the veto on Danielle and Dustin is nominated in her place.

I think Dick will go home, not Dustin.  I think that Eric lucked out with the America's player thing when Dustin said it would be great to have it be him and Dick.  Makes me think that the producers were egging Dustin on to agree to be a pawn against Dick.

I haven't read the summaries of the feeds since Sunday, but I think Dick will go home.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #211 on: August 14, 2007, 01:13:23 PM »

Dick is tryihg to get Eric and Jessica to go in with him and Danielle.  

And Eric's mission to get Dustin nominated INCLUDES an automatic vote from him to oust Dustin.  Eric can't back out.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: August 14, 2007, 01:14:15 PM »

That's so weird!  My friend Kim (we were in Cannibal! The Musical together) e-mailed me last night that SHE had a bat in her house last night, too!  Fortunately, she and her husband were able to get the bat outside without any injuries to her, her husband, their kid or the bat. :-\

It's not unusual at all. August is the time that the baby bats start leaving and flying around. From what I've read they are usually the ones that end up getting into the living space of a house, not on purpose, but by accident.  Today I heard of four other people in town who have had bats recently.  

BTW, I called the vet and they didn't think I needed to give the cats a booster for rabies. Apparently most of the small brown bats around here are negative so if pets have had their rabies shots, they don't worry too much about it

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: August 14, 2007, 01:15:54 PM »

BB8 POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Dick is tryihg to get Eric and Jessica to go in with him and Danielle.  

And Eric's mission to get Dustin nominated INCLUDES an automatic vote from him to oust Dustin.  Eric can't back out.
Not necessarily....isn't there a who do you want nominated and a who do you want Eric to vote for?  It wouldn't have to be the same person.  I could be wrong about that

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #214 on: August 14, 2007, 01:19:44 PM »

Gots lots of stuff in the mail yesterday. Today, a couple of circulars and that was all!

:(
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #215 on: August 14, 2007, 01:21:54 PM »

I began my afternoon of viewing watching the Season 2 featurette on THE CLOSER DVD. When I started watching it the first time I watched the set, I realized that a lot of the murderers were going to be featured in the clips, and since I had forgotten how several of the shows ended, I never watched the entire thing until this afternoon. So funny hearing Kyra's normal speaking voice after hearing her speech "Brenda Leigh" for years and years.

singdaw

« Reply #216 on: August 14, 2007, 01:22:15 PM »

Gots lots of stuff in the mail yesterday.

DR Matt H., it sounds like you'll be needing to build on an addition at some point soon.  Another room to clean!  ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #217 on: August 14, 2007, 01:22:41 PM »

Then, I put in CHARLIE CHAN ON BROADWAY. Good mystery, and I guessed the murderer's identity though I know I had seen the movie decades ago, so I guess that gave me an unfair advantage even if I didn't remember it at all.

Matt H.

« Reply #218 on: August 14, 2007, 01:23:57 PM »

There is a special feature or two on the DVD. One was called "The World of Charlie Chan" in which they elaborate on all the various places Chan went when Warner Oland was playing him. (He went to many fascinating places as Sidney Toler, too but those aren't mentioned.)

Matt H.

« Reply #219 on: August 14, 2007, 01:24:38 PM »

There is also a quick five or so minute featurette on Chanograms - the little "fortune cookie" syaings he's so famous for. Again, only the Oland films are excerpted.

Matt H.

« Reply #220 on: August 14, 2007, 01:25:36 PM »

I put THE CLOSER, Season 2, disc 2 back in and began watching "To Protect and Serve," which is another of my favorite episodes from the season. I only got about halfway through, so I'll finish it when I go back down.

Matt H.

« Reply #221 on: August 14, 2007, 01:26:04 PM »

I've also chosen my movie for this evening though I'll wait and talk about it tonight when I log back on.

Matt H.

« Reply #222 on: August 14, 2007, 01:33:30 PM »

I just read in VARIETY that Anjelica Huston has been signed for a six-episode arc on MEDIUM this year. She represents a company who hires Allison for some consulting work. The storyline is to continue to keep the series from lapsing into a predictable forumula.

Formula didn't bother me at all because the writing has been so excellent to usually keep the viewer off balance and not quite sure how the visions and dreams tie in together with what's actually happening. Also, now that Allison's secret is out, wouldn't that shake up the show, too?

Anyway, should be interesting episodes with these two actresses playing off one another.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #223 on: August 14, 2007, 01:38:40 PM »

I just read in VARIETY that Anjelica Huston has been signed for a six-episode arc on MEDIUM this year. She represents a company who hires Allison for some consulting work. The storyline is to continue to keep the series from lapsing into a predictable forumula.

Formula didn't bother me at all because the writing has been so excellent to usually keep the viewer off balance and not quite sure how the visions and dreams tie in together with what's actually happening. Also, now that Allison's secret is out, wouldn't that shake up the show, too?

Anyway, should be interesting episodes with these two actresses playing off one another.

I always wonder how closely they follow the real Allison's real life.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #224 on: August 14, 2007, 01:40:30 PM »

DR George - I hope you have a fantastic time seeing Young Frankenstein!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2007, 01:43:38 PM »

DR George - I hope you have a fantastic time seeing Young Frankenstein!

Thanks!  I don't doubt that it'll be great!  (Of course, my standards are pretty low. ::))

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2007, 02:12:22 PM »

Well, after practically seven hours straight through without a real break - lunch or otherwise - we are DONE!  -Well, I am done.  If I never have to play that "Buenos Aires" dance break again, it will not be too soon.  -Or something like that.  -I think I played it 82 times today.  And probably about 600 times over the past four and half months that this casting process has been going on.  So..

WHEW!

Goodnight, and Thank You

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2007, 02:13:21 PM »

And, yes, DR Cason did stop by today to sing his ditty.  And I hope to hear him sing more ditties over the next couple of weeks.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2007, 02:14:22 PM »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2007, 02:15:44 PM »

OK.. Time for me to step out the building.  We've all been in the same room since 10:00am this morning!  And I think I may actually end up walking back up Broadway again tonight.  And, who knows, I may just walk all the way home.  We'll see.  -Of course, I'm back here tomorrow for another set of auditions for another show.  So...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2007, 02:17:17 PM »

I always wonder how closely they follow the real Allison's real life.

They have gone far afield of her real life over the course of the three seasons. I don't think that's even a consideration any more (staying true to Allison's life).

George

« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2007, 02:21:43 PM »

They have gone far afield of her real life over the course of the three seasons. I don't think that's even a consideration any more (staying true to Allison's life).

Ahh.  

Matt H.

« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2007, 02:22:48 PM »

I guess I'll head back down now and read that last chapter of THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE. Tomorrow I will start DEATHLY HALLOWS.

I've already cleaned the living room, so I am free of that chore.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #233 on: August 14, 2007, 02:27:33 PM »

I'm about to head for home, with a couple of shopping stops along the way.

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #234 on: August 14, 2007, 02:41:32 PM »

Caught up.  I shall be back by the day's end (West Coast USA time) I hope.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #235 on: August 14, 2007, 02:44:27 PM »

BB8 POTENTIAL SPOILERSNot necessarily....isn't there a who do you want nominated and a who do you want Eric to vote for?  It wouldn't have to be the same person.  I could be wrong about that

Quite possible....I've skipped some shows, so I may be "assuming" that his automatic vote was for getting someone nominated.

It would, of course, make sense for a separate vote to tell him who to evict -- especially if he is unsuccessful in getting someone nominated.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 03:19:42 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #236 on: August 14, 2007, 02:54:04 PM »

IT'S TIME!!  I'm now leaving to pick up my friend Margo, then we'll be heading for Seattle and YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN!!  ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #237 on: August 14, 2007, 03:17:32 PM »

Frau Blucher!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #238 on: August 14, 2007, 03:17:48 PM »

BLUCHER!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #239 on: August 14, 2007, 03:18:51 PM »

OK.. Time for me to step out the building.  We've all been in the same room since 10:00am this morning!  And I think I may actually end up walking back up Broadway again tonight.  And, who knows, I may just walk all the way home.  We'll see.  -Of course, I'm back here tomorrow for another set of auditions for another show.  So...

Laters...

Just take care that the "walking" doesn't get misconstrued as "working".....
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up