Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WELL, DEAR READERS  (Read 82186 times)

FJL

Re:WELL, DEAR READERS
« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2007, 03:24:27 PM »

Page 9!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #241 on: August 14, 2007, 03:48:26 PM »

Back from meetings and auditions and now have to make scads of telephonic calls.  

Jennifer

« Reply #242 on: August 14, 2007, 04:12:04 PM »

Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers

Yes dustin was the replacement nominee when Evil took off Daniele.

I haven't read what has happened this afternoon. But before that things were getting interesting. I truly am not sure if dustin will go (or dick).

Dick has daniele's vote to stay. And dustin has amber and jameka's vote to stay.

Eric has no choice and will most likely have to evict dustin. Dick is the most popular houseguest. So i'm pretty sure eric will have to keep him.

Dick wants eric and jessica to vote with him and daniele.

Jen has said she would vote out dick.

Zach told jessica he would vote however she told him.

Now Evil and Daniele want zach to vote with them. But he does not want to betray jessica. He said that jessica would have to say it was okay.

The real thing is that zach and jen don't realize that the vote could be turned. They think dustin is safe (eric, jameka, amber and jessica).  If they knew the truth (that eric would have to flip) then dick might be able to convince them to vote with him.

I'll be very curious to see what CBS shows tonight. Apparently dick was very sweet at the POV meeting. But he was extremely awful on saturday i think. He was banging pots and pans and spewing hatred. He was really awful. He threatened rape on dustin.

I"m sure CBS will edit it to make him just seem like a loving father trying to help his daughter. Very awful.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #243 on: August 14, 2007, 04:16:41 PM »

Der B, thanks for the compliments which I forwarded to our TNT producers. I'm glad you like it so far...too bad more viewers aren't tuning in. The numbers are very disappointing!

Sorry & surprising.  So far we have only watched the first episode.
DerBrucer, interesting personal story to go along with the show, thank you.

THE CLOSER was great last night!

Jane

« Reply #244 on: August 14, 2007, 04:29:07 PM »

The ankle & mother-in-law vibes are working Jose, TCB, JRand, Singdaw & Ginny, thank you.  My mother-in-law returned home yesterday.  I could do a long rant on why they needlessly, or to run up her bill, kept her an extra day or two.  They shouldn’t even charge her for the second day since it was due to their error feeding her before the ultra-sound which required the test to wait a day.  At least she is feeling better & the cracked vertebrae is very slight & nothing to worry about.  

My ankle is much better so I might even go hiking tomorrow.  I know I shouldn’t but I miss my hiking friends & I want some exercise.

And the results are back from my biopsy, all is ok except the the polyp is the kind that could have turned into cancer.  Darn, now I have to repeat the test in 5 years instead of 10. :P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 04:30:56 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #245 on: August 14, 2007, 04:31:35 PM »

MBarnum thank you, we did have fun.  I’m pleased Bosco is recovering nicely.

Has anyone heard from Dakota?

Miss Karen

« Reply #246 on: August 14, 2007, 04:46:09 PM »

DR Jane ~ Glad to hear your mother-in-law is back home. You might mention the extra day to her doctor -- not that he can probably do anything about it -- but you never know, he may can talk to the powers that be.  Or write the administrator of the hospital -- cause I agree with you that was the hospital's fault and doesn't seem fair.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 04:48:57 PM by Miss Karen »

Miss Karen

« Reply #247 on: August 14, 2007, 04:48:19 PM »

I'm also glad to hear Bosco is on the mend.  What about SlingSlaw's dog Zach?  Hope he's okay.  Healthy Pet vibes to all DRs' furry family members!

Miss Karen

« Reply #248 on: August 14, 2007, 04:50:18 PM »

DR Jane ~ Glad you're okay, too!!  At least it's not every year...

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #249 on: August 14, 2007, 04:53:15 PM »

hello I could really use a nap right now, but alas I have things to do. I have to go over to Staples to make a copy of the most updated script for the Brain, and then transfer the blocking we are keeping into it. I am really getting excited about My trip. I have my flight booked and will be in NY from August 25th until September 2nd. I hope I get to meet some of the NY folks in that time :D
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #250 on: August 14, 2007, 04:55:16 PM »

I need to buy my tickets for the shows I know I am seeing, but I cannot do that until sept 1st. Is anyone a member of NYMF who would be able to help me out in getting the tickets in advance?
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Jane

« Reply #251 on: August 14, 2007, 04:55:44 PM »

DR Jane ~ Glad you're okay, too!!  At least it's not every year...

;D  Thank you.

If the hospital sends her a bill, cuz they kept saying  to take the tests since she doesn't pay for them, they WILL hear about it.

Miss Karen

« Reply #252 on: August 14, 2007, 04:56:16 PM »

hello I could really use a nap right now, but alas I have things to do. I have to go over to Staples to make a copy of the most updated script for the Brain, and then transfer the blocking we are keeping into it. I am really getting excited about My trip. I have my flight booked and will be in NY from August 25th until September 2nd. I hope I get to meet some of the NY folks in that time :D

What?!  You won't be there for the performances? For the NYC HHW Reunion? Who is the Chincy Bassa you work for anywhew?  ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2007, 04:57:05 PM »

Thanks to Miss Patti, I may finally have this wretched sublet thing worked out.  The only downside to it is that it requires a move on September 5th.  One place from August 22 to Sept 4th, and then another from the 5th to October 1st.  The good news is they are both nice studios with A/C and either wireless or highspeed, and they're within two blocks of each other and very close to our theater.  Still pricey, but better than anything else we've found.

Jane

« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2007, 04:57:15 PM »

Craig & Ioana left yesterday & was very excited to begin their road trip across the county & simply to be driving after not having a license for two years.  Not that he needed a license in Romania, driving there once was more than enough, way too frightening.  

Bryan & his sugar gliders are on the road back to Portland.  I wish he could have stayed an extra day but the gliders were very unhappy in the small traveling cage.   Normally he brings their large one, next time when he doesn’t have passengers with luggage.

Before leaving our GI doctor invited him, with the patient’s permission, to observe four colonoscopies this morning.  He found it very interesting.  It will also help, if he receives any, to mention it on his secondary applications for medical school.  

I’m missing my boys right now.

Jane

« Reply #255 on: August 14, 2007, 04:57:50 PM »

Bruce, did I miss any news regarding the actress?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #256 on: August 14, 2007, 05:02:43 PM »

I went to the Edwards breakfast.  I forgot how small he is in person, and Elizabeth is even smaller. She looked pretty good though, her hair is pretty thin but otherwise she looked pretty good. She was sitting in a rocking chair. Total photo op. I took a couple and can post them later.   The Edwards kids were next door playing on a trampoline. They got so loud at one point, John asked Elizabeth to please quiet them down. The whole crowd started laughing.  

I had a nice chat with a reporter from the New York Times.  I kept thinking, "I know she won't quote me, she hasn't asked my name" Well, duh, it was right there on my name tag.   I still don't know if she will quote me, but we had a very nice discussion.  And I got my photo of John Edwards and I autographed to me.  

I liked him a lot better this time.  Much more than when he was promoting John Kerry.   Sheesh!  This is a tough decision this year

Did you tell him that he is wanted in Tacoma?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #257 on: August 14, 2007, 05:11:01 PM »

Good news from DRJANE and good Bosco news from DR MBARNUM.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #258 on: August 14, 2007, 05:12:10 PM »

NO ONE WILL EVER CONVINCE ME THAT DANNY SHOULD WIN SYTYCD, so you can save your typing fingers, DR JENNIFER.

Glad you like him and his "technical" brilliance.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #259 on: August 14, 2007, 05:12:30 PM »

I gave up on the show several weeks ago....and don't plan to invest time in it next season.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #260 on: August 14, 2007, 05:20:37 PM »

Did you tell him that he is wanted in Tacoma?

I really didn't have a chance. He was 45 minutes late and talked for about 30 minutes, making me late for an appointment with my banker.   He was in a rush and I got him to sign my photo then he turned and moved on.    Sorry   :-[

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #261 on: August 14, 2007, 05:21:06 PM »

The only time that I've actually gotten sides was in my very first theatrical experience in college.  We did Brigadoon and were given the sides.  NOBODY liked them and everyone complained, so they caved in and copied the scripts.  For some reason, the director and staff either didn't want us to have the full scripts or they just didn't want to go through the hassle of copying all of them.  Either way, the sides were stupid...especially for a musical! :P

Or maybe it was because it was illegal.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #262 on: August 14, 2007, 05:23:58 PM »

Or maybe it was because it was illegal.

Oh, TCB...if that stopped people from doing things, I'd be out of work!  

Gotta run...there is a hot fudge sundae with my name on it at the Green Gables....

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #263 on: August 14, 2007, 05:24:19 PM »

I am drinking a Cherry Coke. Jeopardy ended sixteen minutes ago.

That's all I have to say.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #264 on: August 14, 2007, 05:27:48 PM »

Actor Alan Tudyk talks about what it's like filming nude scenes here.

I can't see it without signing in to the LA Times.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #265 on: August 14, 2007, 05:30:28 PM »

Good Evening!

On my walk up to Columbus Circle, I decided to stop into Empanada Mama for dinner.  After a strangely long-ish wait for my food, I thoroughly enjoyed my arepa Cubano, and an order or tostones.  Consequently, I have a sense that I shall be exuding garlic for the next 24-36 hours.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #266 on: August 14, 2007, 05:31:45 PM »

Just take care that the "walking" doesn't get misconstrued as "working".....

As with any "activity", it's only illegal if you're caught.  And, besides, discretion is my middle name.  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #267 on: August 14, 2007, 05:33:07 PM »

In other news...

I'm tired.  Today was a really long day.  And there's just no way to "mark" playing that dance break.

That is all.  For this post at least.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: August 14, 2007, 05:37:42 PM »

The Acela ride to DC this morning took 2 hrs and 45 minutes, and it was quite pleasant.  I arrived at Union Station around 8:50 and took the Metro to the Library of Congress.  I had a good but more could have been accomplished if our computers at the office hadn't been stolen in July.  I could have called the office and ascertained which original orchestra parts from THE LADY OF THE SLIPPER were missing pages and recopied them today.  Still, I obtained more copyright info, photocopied some manuscripts and had a lovely lunceon of Mexican food and margaritas with two of my favorite librarians and Miles Kreuger's assistant Eric, who was researching Reginald de Koven.

I think I may be going back next week for two days: the 1902 WIZARD OF OZ materials are missing and most likely misplaced in the Tams-Witmark Collection.  I volunteered to help locate them because I need to look at the show for whatever I can glean about BABES IN TOYLAND from it and to obtain copies of the numbers that Montgomery & Stone performed.  So, I'll go out to their storage area with them and search the archives.  It's definitely cheaper than a flight and accommodation at the University of Wisconsin, which seems to be the only other source for the score.

I finished up at 2:45 and decided to try an earlier train back than the one at 5:00.  I ended up on the 4:05 train which hits every stop and landed in Manhattan around 7:25.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #269 on: August 14, 2007, 05:37:56 PM »

In yet other news...

It looks like I will be assisting with the Jellicle Ball for a couple of days over the next two weeks.  -Calling DR Matthew!  -Of course, that will be in addition to my dealings with Jafar and the Genie, and those hoofers who keep hoping that they'll get it.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up