Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MIND BOGGLES  (Read 97917 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:THE MIND BOGGLES
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2007, 10:22:07 AM »

Favorite Jerry Lewis movie: THE DELICATE DELINQUENT (also my first exposure to the theremin!)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2007, 10:22:30 AM »

I don't think Stedman would be too happy with us...

Well, he might ask you out.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2007, 10:25:15 AM »

Dakota, nice to see you back. I was wondering how your father is!

Here's something to cheer you up, speaking of cats and printers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY6bTya095c

(All cat lovers might enjoy this!)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2007, 10:25:59 AM »

DR George, I really enjoyed hearing about Young Frank and am glad to have seen the pictures. I can't wait to see the actual show one day!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2007, 10:26:32 AM »

Thanks to DRs EDISAURUS and SINGDAW for the Amanda Vote reminders.

The stories and voting bar can be found at this link:  

http://www.flyergroup.com/
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Edisaurus

« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2007, 10:28:02 AM »

Jennifer, I also have a lot of foreign currency from countries that have switched to the Euro. I kept it because I planned to spend it when I went back to those places, but then I never remembered it and now it's only Euros. So i would like to be able to cash mine in, too.

François? Any insight into this?

Ginny

« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2007, 10:29:25 AM »

Weird morning in the library?

Were there wackos in the stackos?

Did the Dewey Decimal System attempt to eradicate all mentions of Truman?

Was there hanky panky in the restricted access room?

Inquiring minds want to know.

DR Ron - this is funny because it's so close to public library reality.  Well, all except the Dewey part...

Today:

The carpet repair crew was here when we opened, requiring that our normal traffic patterns be rerouted.  Of course, no one was prepared for it (maintenance, administration), so we front-line folks had to improvise signage and such.

A nearby school was having an Amazing Race type event and trios of teenagers were running in asking,  "Where's the clue?"  Of course, we had NO clue and our PR idiot told us to ask them what school they're from.  I said, "First we'll have to catch them."

The local newspaper and 2 TV stations had the story of one of the bottom-feeders who spends lots of time here arrested last night for a rape just 2 blocks away.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2007, 10:33:38 AM »

DR IChing---I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker's daughter. This has happened to children of several friends of mine and there's really no magic words to take the pain away. Knowing that someone cares means a tremendous amount, no matter what you say.

I struggled to find those words, too, when my friend's mom dispapeared and was finally found. A lot of co-workers didn't know what to say and therefore said nothing. So he really appreciated me keeping in contact and expressing my condolences.

I know you will think of the perfect thing to say, just as you do here at HHW.

Edisaurus

« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2007, 10:35:11 AM »

DR FJL and Miss K, you have kept me in stitches the entire day as I catch up on posts. The song lyrics are hilarious! Maybe you should take this show on the road!  (Uh oh...but we know what happens on "the road"!)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2007, 10:38:34 AM »

Good Afternoon!

I'm just checking in while I have a few minutes to myself...  -Meaning I'll have to catch up on the posts later.  In the meantime... More About ME!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2007, 10:39:33 AM »

Thanks to DRs EDISAURUS and SINGDAW for the Amanda Vote reminders.

The stories and voting bar can be found at this link:  

http://www.flyergroup.com/

I just voted!  Here are the results:

Who is your favorite Flyer Idol?  
Amanda Mitchell  39.45%
Mark Casey  5.50%    
Lynn Jump  21.10%    
April McCarty  2.75%    
Wade Wingler  25.69%    
Jean Duemling  5.50%    
109 votes counted  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2007, 10:42:01 AM »

Thanks for the link, DR SINGDAW.  Was that the Paramount Theatre in Seattle.....

Miss Frances Farmer worked as an usherette there during her college years, one of THREE jobs she held down while attending school.

Why, yes it was!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2007, 10:42:07 AM »

This morning went very well.  There was a surprisingly low turn out today.  When I got there, there were only 54 men signed up to audition.  And only about 14 non-Equity men signed up! (Trust me, that really was surprising.)  In any case, when all was said and done, we were done around 12:30.

It was great being in the room with Brad Haak again.  We first worked together a few years on Children of Eden at Ford's Theatre - which I believe our Delaware contingent saw - and he also got me on board for Lestat, and we've worked on some smaller projects here and there too.  He was happy to see me, I was happy to see him, etc., etc., etc.  And we saw some pretty good people today too.

Alas, the pianist who was originally schedule for the whole day did call to say that he could still play the afternoon session, so... I have the afternoon off before I play ACL tonight.  And I'll be meeting DR Jason in a bit to catch a movie. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2007, 10:44:13 AM »

OH!

And I guess those Vibes worked...  I will be spending the month of September as a musical assistant for the current production of Mary Poppins.  I will be the "in-room" musical director/pianist for the rehearsals for the new "batch" of Banks children.  :)  -Which will also allow me to start learning the one of the Keyboard books - a.k.a. "The Concerto" - so that I can start subbing in over at the New Amsterdam too.  HOO and RAY!
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2007, 10:44:37 AM »

BK, perhaps Scott Bakula or John Schneider would make good Fred choices....they were certainly good in that video that Francois posted yesterday! (I had no idea that Bakula could sing!)

He's a wonderful singer!  He was in the musical Romance/Romance on Broadway and was nominated for a Tony Award®!  And he got to sing on an episode of "Quantum Leap" with guest star Michele Pawk!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2007, 10:45:29 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR S WOODY WHITE!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2007, 10:46:13 AM »

OH!

And I guess those Vibes worked...  I will be spending the month of September as a musical assistant for the current production of Mary Poppins.  I will be the "in-room" musical director/pianist for the rehearsals for the new "batch" of Banks children.  :)  -Which will also allow me to start learning the one of the Keyboard books - a.k.a. "The Concerto" - so that I can start subbing in over at the New Amsterdam too.  HOO and RAY!

Congratulations!  I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but my supervisor's name is George Banks. :) Just had to share.

;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2007, 10:46:30 AM »

As for the Friday Media Check...

-Is it really Friday already?!?!?!?

WHEW!
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2007, 10:46:53 AM »

DR George, I really enjoyed hearing about Young Frank and am glad to have seen the pictures. I can't wait to see the actual show one day!

Thanks!  I think you'll really enjoy it. :D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2007, 10:47:17 AM »

OK - Time to meet up with the ever-svelte-ing DR Jason.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2007, 10:49:29 AM »

Media check:  

In my CD player on my computer here at work:  "Wall-To-Wall Stephen Sondheim" ... I'm up to hour 11, track 4:  "Franklin Shepherd, Inc.," performed by Lonnie Price, the original Charlie Kringas.

My DVR is set to record "High School Musical 2" for my friend Margo (we're going to a Seattle Storm basketball game tonight), "Psych" and something else at 10:00 pm.

That's all there is right now. :)

Ginny

« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2007, 10:54:40 AM »

DR Jose - that news is just S-U-P-E-R-C-A-L-I-F-R-A....

Well, you get the idea!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2007, 10:56:31 AM »

It is interesting that it sometimes takes over a week for an actor to come back and say there are insurmountable scheduling problems, but they don't feel or partuclarly care about the urgency for the show to go on to the next person.  They are at times making a decision of whether it's worth turning down sometimes well-paying jobs to do a show for just a small stipend.

singdaw

« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2007, 10:57:38 AM »

Great news, DR JoseSPiano!!!   CONGRATULATIONS.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2007, 11:02:08 AM »

DR JOSE....should I be haunting my mailbox?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Edisaurus

« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2007, 11:07:51 AM »

Cngratulations, DR Jose! Things always seem to line up perfectly for you, job-wise.

(And if they don't, well, there's always The Reservoir.)

Edisaurus

« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2007, 11:08:44 AM »

TOD: Nothing in any player. Everything is packed up in boxes.

Edisaurus

« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2007, 11:09:58 AM »

OK, off to create more dust and thyroid problems for my cats.

(I still have a cat bile issue---the new food did not do the trick.)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2007, 11:10:08 AM »

MySpace should change their name to "The Day The Whores Came Out To Be Friends." I just denied friendship to six or seven young ladies, claiming their home base was China.  Here's the picture of one lovely.  I didn't bother checking out her page, since it's all the same as the others.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2007, 11:10:42 AM »

But before I go, mega casting vibes to bk. I can't imagine the amount of stress you must be feeling!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21   Go Up