Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MIND BOGGLES  (Read 97909 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE MIND BOGGLES
« Reply #270 on: August 17, 2007, 02:10:52 PM »

Had a nice lunch meeting with Mr. Terry Trotter.  Don't know why, but I'm in a better mood today.  The jog probably helped and I'm happy to say I went the distance, like Rocky.  

I've done errands, taken clothes to dry cleaners, and must now enter some new dialogue for the general's first scene so that the script can be locked.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #271 on: August 17, 2007, 02:15:15 PM »

elmore - I should think that the drums and bass would go stage right of center, and the two keyboards and the reed should be stage left of center.  The keyboards definitely have to be on the left because that's the only place where there'll be power.  That was basically the layout in LA>

It seems imperative to me that the bass, drums, and keyboard 1, being the rhythm section, should be close together to keep the ensemble tight.  Heather thinks it can be worked out, but the MD is the one who has to be happy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #272 on: August 17, 2007, 02:15:22 PM »

DR Ginny: is there a way of getting a bigger view of the cover magazine?
Please!

Or, DR Francois, would like an actual copy of the magazine?  I can send you mine when I'm finished with it - just PM an address to me.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #273 on: August 17, 2007, 02:15:57 PM »

Jeanne, this was the front of last year's Holiday card.

Jane

« Reply #274 on: August 17, 2007, 02:18:25 PM »

Dakota it is very nice to see you.  I’m sorry things just continue to get worse.  

Cason, congrats on your extension.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #275 on: August 17, 2007, 02:20:40 PM »

THE SUNSHINE FOGEYS

Watch your phrase-ology.  Al Lewis.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #276 on: August 17, 2007, 02:22:28 PM »

Time to make the doughnuts close the library  :D

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #277 on: August 17, 2007, 02:22:37 PM »

DR Jose-Congrats on the September gig.  Does this mean you will not be going to Alaska?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #278 on: August 17, 2007, 02:25:07 PM »

Sherlock In The Snow.....a Dog's Tale....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #279 on: August 17, 2007, 02:25:19 PM »

Off to the FANTASTICKS...oy!

Tomovoz

« Reply #280 on: August 17, 2007, 02:31:52 PM »

And I think it's also amazing that I've never even heard of it!

I mean, every time I go to London, I hear about THE MOUSETRAP.

and "The Mousetrap" is (IMHO) not particularly good either!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #281 on: August 17, 2007, 02:34:13 PM »

Happy Non-Cooking Birthday to Woody!
A nowhere-near-the-stove thank-you, Ben!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #282 on: August 17, 2007, 02:35:22 PM »

A WONDERFUL NATAL DAY, DR SWW![/color][/size]
Hmmmm... I'm not sure I should respond exactly in kind, but I thank you very much, DR Singdaw!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #283 on: August 17, 2007, 02:38:15 PM »

...Not only that, but I realize that not only am I old enough to be Case's father, but I'm old enough to be Jason's father as well.  Vibes, please!!!
Rest easy, DR FJL.  You are still younger than I.  (Not that I could be your father, but I could always be your daddy!   ;))

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #284 on: August 17, 2007, 02:39:18 PM »

Happy happy birthday, S Woody.  Any way you arrange the letters, it means have a great day!
Thank-you, FJL!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #285 on: August 17, 2007, 02:40:51 PM »

I just did my Grammy awards order for August.  The Christmas albums are now up for sale.  How festive!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #286 on: August 17, 2007, 02:41:10 PM »

A WONDERFUL NATAL DAY, DR SWW![/color][/size]

U should have warned me that was coming up... I was looking at it work and nearly spit my coffee out! LOL
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #287 on: August 17, 2007, 02:42:47 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]HAPPY[/size][/move][/color][/b]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]BIRTHDAY[/size][/move]
[/b]
[size=8]DR WOODY!![/size]
[/color][/b]
I humbly thank-you, DR TCB!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #288 on: August 17, 2007, 02:43:32 PM »

Karen,

I am studying for my GRE and then I will be going to grad school, hopefully also
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #289 on: August 17, 2007, 02:44:18 PM »

Happiest of Birthdays to DR SWW!
Thank-you, DR Ginny!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #290 on: August 17, 2007, 02:45:13 PM »

Happy Happy Birthday, DR SWoody!!!!!!
Thank-you, DearReaderLaura!!!!!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #291 on: August 17, 2007, 02:46:24 PM »

Best and happiest of birthday wishes to DR SWW!!!!  May your work increase and your prosperity double, Mr Leo.
Thank-you, DR JRand.

But, uh, does my work have to increase?   :-\

;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #292 on: August 17, 2007, 02:48:21 PM »

Good morning, all! I have my usual trek to Toyland this morning, another inventory of things to be looked up and photocopied at the Library of Congress, perhaps an office supplies order for the new office, and perhaps another trip to the NYPL.  I will be ecstatic once the office has a computer so we can finish the Appendix numbers in Volume One of the Toyland edition and seriously delve into Volume Two.  

Has the season change begun: the air seems different, and I've been thinking about the verse to Arthur Schwartz's song "Goodbye to All That":  Don't look now, but summer's over.

TOD:
    CD:  The Brain From Planet X, Verdi's DON CARLO (French version), Babes In Arms, Happy End
    DVD:  Anna Karenina, Hot Fuzz, The Day of the Locust
    VCR:  So many choices, so little tme  [move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday Wishes To Our DR S. Woody White !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/move]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank-you, dear DR Elmore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/move]

François

« Reply #293 on: August 17, 2007, 02:49:11 PM »

SPECIAL PERFORMANCES AT BAY STREET.

SIMEON'S GIFT.

A New Musical For Family Audiences

By Julie Andrews Edwards and Emma Walton Hamilton
Music by Ian Fraser
Lyrics by John Bucchino
Directed & Choreographed by Marcia Milgrom Dodge
Recorded Narration by Julie Andrews

Simeon's Gift is a magical talk about creativity, music and the power of giving. Adapted from the best-selling book by Julie Andrews Edwards and Emma Walton Hamilton, and illustrated by Gennady Spirin (HarperCollings, 2003). This is the first production by Bay Street's Family Theatre Initiative.

Suggested age for the show is age 7 and up.

Show dates are:
November 23 at 8pm
November 24 at 2pm & 8pm
November 25 at 2 pm

Ticket Price:

$25 for adults
$10 for children (up to 12 years old)

Buy Tickets Now!

November 23 at 8 pm

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #294 on: August 17, 2007, 02:49:41 PM »

Happy Birthday and Many More to der Woody!!
Thank-you, dear Miss Karen!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #295 on: August 17, 2007, 02:50:49 PM »

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO S WOODY WHITE

AND MANY MANY MANY MORE
MANY MANY MANY THANKS, DR ArnoldMBrockman!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #296 on: August 17, 2007, 02:51:52 PM »

Good morning. Happy Late birtday to VIXMOM!!!! I had computer issues last night and couldn't get on to send my wishes

Happy Birthday Today To SWOODY!!!
Thank-you, DR Cillaliz!!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #297 on: August 17, 2007, 02:55:36 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday to DR S. Woody White!!![/move][/color]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Thank-you, DR Matt!!![/move]

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #298 on: August 17, 2007, 02:56:04 PM »

Dakota, nice to see you back. I was wondering how your father is!

Here's something to cheer you up, speaking of cats and printers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY6bTya095c

(All cat lovers might enjoy this!)

That is a cute clip Edi!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #299 on: August 17, 2007, 02:56:13 PM »

I guess I'll have to think about going down and mopping that kitchen floor now.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21   Go Up