Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MIND BOGGLES  (Read 97959 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE MIND BOGGLES
« Reply #300 on: August 17, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »

Will this do?

der Brucer

Dang he is hot!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

singdaw

« Reply #301 on: August 17, 2007, 02:59:08 PM »

DR Jane:  What a wonderful picture!  I never tire of shots of DD Sherlock!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #302 on: August 17, 2007, 03:00:07 PM »

I have an extra ticket for tomorrow at 2:00 pm for the one-act series featuring Skip Kennon's one-act musical.  Would any New York Hainsie/Kimlet like to have it?

I will be there, but I already have my ticket.  Thanks, though!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #303 on: August 17, 2007, 03:10:33 PM »

Thank you Singdaw.

I should begin to get dinner ready.  JMK & family will be here in a couple of hours.:)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #304 on: August 17, 2007, 03:16:12 PM »

bk, BANACEK was never a part of the Sunday Mystery Movie series with COLUMBO. MCCLOUD (as you said), MACMILLAN AND WIFE, and HEC RAMSEY were the other components.

BANACEK anchored its own group of Mystery Movies on Wednesday (and then switching to Tuesday). NBC tried lots of shows to pair with it, but other than BANACEK, none ever reallty caught on. Among those attempts were MADIGAN, COOL MILLION, THE SNOOP SISTERS, TENAFLY, and FARADAY & CO.
Further complicating things is the interesting detail that McCloud and Night Gallery first appeared as mini-series in a program called, as I recall, Four in One.  The concept was that each series would run for six weeks in the timeslot, then be replaced by the next, and then by the third and fourth shows.  I'll be danged if I can recall what the other two shows were called, or what they were about, but the concept failed, McCloud was relocated to the-much-easier-for-audiences-to-understand Sunday Mystery Movie, and Night Gallery returned as a weekly series.

It was at about this time that NBC also aired The Name of The Game, with Gene Barry, Tony Franciosa, and Robert Stack rotating in stories about a publishing empire.  During the first season, Susan St. James was featured in all three rotations, as a girl friday - a job she left when the McMillan and Wife gig came her way.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #305 on: August 17, 2007, 03:17:49 PM »

Happy Birthday DR S. Woody!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank-you, DR Jennifer!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #306 on: August 17, 2007, 03:18:56 PM »

Happy Birthday DR SWW!
Thank-you, DR Cason!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #307 on: August 17, 2007, 03:20:40 PM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide]Many Happy Returns,
 S. Woody
[/shadow]

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide]
May Your Birthday Wishes Come True!
[/color][/shadow]
[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide]Thank-you,
DR Ron Pulliam
[/shadow]

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #308 on: August 17, 2007, 03:22:31 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR S WOODY!!

May you enjoy a dinner that is every bit as good as something you would have prepared, but without doing any of the work!

Thank-you, DR Jeanne!!

And I'm sure the dinner will be wonderful!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 03:23:00 PM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #309 on: August 17, 2007, 03:25:20 PM »

SWW...have a wonderful, wonderful Birthday today!!!

(but pardon the violent element of this birthday card!)

Hey, a card with some real snap!  Thank-you, Michael!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #310 on: August 17, 2007, 03:29:08 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOODY!
THANK-YOU, DONNA!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #311 on: August 17, 2007, 03:30:55 PM »

At least a $5 price mark-up on all t-shirts, with a potential 2% mark-up on double-disc cast recordings.

And, to avoid conflict with whose name precedes the other on the marquee, I propose we have a spinning marquee...one side reads "The Jason and Cason Show," the other reads "The Cason and Jason Show." Equal billing all around.

Of course, that would require all merchandising to be either double printed or to alternate "Jason/Cason" and "Cason/Jason." Due to royalty costs, however, I'm afraid we may not be able to use either of our likenesses on novelty items such as mugs, keychains, magnets, mousepads, tote bags, umbrellas, buttons, dog tags or aprons, but our likenesses can and will be used on all display items, including but not limited to windowcards, billboards, souvenir programs (front cover: Jason/Cason, back cover: Cason/Jason, or vice-versa, per the agreement reached by our legal representatives) and all advertising.

Our people will be in touch.
There's something about Jason/Cason that sounds a lot like Marat/Sade.   :o

Tomovoz

« Reply #312 on: August 17, 2007, 03:32:12 PM »

My listening pleasure at the moment:  Frida Boccara
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #313 on: August 17, 2007, 03:32:51 PM »

(Since it was at about this time that our esteemed BK woke up)

Thank-you for the well-wishing, esteemed BK.  You will be glad to know that my pantaloons still fit and did not need to be let out.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #314 on: August 17, 2007, 03:35:04 PM »

And a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR S. WOODY WHITE!!

And a VERY HAPPY THANK-YOU TO DR. GEORGE!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #315 on: August 17, 2007, 03:40:49 PM »

Happy Birthday to Dear S. Woody White!
Thank-you, Dear Adriana!

François

« Reply #316 on: August 17, 2007, 03:41:09 PM »

My listening pleasure at the moment:  Frida Boccara

Frida Bakula? ;)

(Is she German?!)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #317 on: August 17, 2007, 03:43:49 PM »

And a very Happy Birthday today to SWW! I'm looking forward to seeing you and Der B in NY!
Thank-you, Edisaurus!  I'm looking forward to meeting you, as well!

Tomovoz

« Reply #318 on: August 17, 2007, 03:44:59 PM »

Not to be confused with Frida People who was so popular in the late sixties.

"Un Jour Un Enfant" is such a beautiful song.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #319 on: August 17, 2007, 03:47:20 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR S WOODY WHITE!!!!!!
THANK-YOU, DR JOSE!!!!!!

François

« Reply #320 on: August 17, 2007, 03:48:47 PM »

Oh I knew it; she's German!

François

« Reply #321 on: August 17, 2007, 03:50:04 PM »

Late sixties! Late sixties! DR Cason and DR Jason won't even know what you're talking about! :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #322 on: August 17, 2007, 03:50:44 PM »

And she is a fan of Jerry Lewis. All Germans are.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #323 on: August 17, 2007, 03:51:25 PM »

I'm in my early sixties and I don't know what I'm talking about.
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #324 on: August 17, 2007, 03:51:40 PM »

Rémy joins me in whishing DR SWW a Happy Birthday day!
Merci boucoups, DR Francois!

François

« Reply #325 on: August 17, 2007, 03:51:40 PM »

Tomovoz

« Reply #326 on: August 17, 2007, 03:53:26 PM »

I'm now listening to Mr Mauriat's vesion of "Un Jour Un Enfant
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #327 on: August 17, 2007, 03:54:07 PM »

Wanted to thank S. Woody for the wheat thins.  May your birthday include tastier baked goods.
Thank-you, Noel.  Glad to be of help.

Ginny

« Reply #328 on: August 17, 2007, 03:54:55 PM »

Ginny if I had been at your book group you wouldn’t have had those flavors leftover.

LOL, DR Jane - I'm hoping there's still some Dulce De Leche for me tonight!  And I'd love to have you come to my book group sometime!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

François

« Reply #329 on: August 17, 2007, 04:00:09 PM »

I'm now listening to Mr Mauriat's vesion of "Un Jour Un Enfant

Just the music then!

Dear old Paul!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21   Go Up