Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down

Author Topic: A NEW DO  (Read 94589 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:A NEW DO
« Reply #480 on: August 18, 2007, 11:25:55 PM »

For some odd reason I thought you were in the pit.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

FJL

« Reply #481 on: August 18, 2007, 11:25:56 PM »

I'm sure it was - you

Miss Karen

« Reply #482 on: August 18, 2007, 11:25:58 PM »

Cason or Jose, do you start rehearsals this week for 'Brain"?

I think Case said Thursday ... or bk can answer that question.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #483 on: August 18, 2007, 11:27:04 PM »

When are you going to NYC Karen?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jason

« Reply #484 on: August 18, 2007, 11:27:08 PM »

Esther and Jason - together again for the first time...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #485 on: August 18, 2007, 11:27:16 PM »

Good luck Cason!

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #486 on: August 18, 2007, 11:27:21 PM »

Cason or Jose, do you start rehearsals this week for 'Brain"?

I do.  Last I heard, we start on Thursday.
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #487 on: August 18, 2007, 11:28:00 PM »

What I wondered was whether or not it would be possible to take all the same original footage, and make two entirely different movies out of it through editing?

Yes: a good movie and a bad movie!

When a group of editors learned the AVID system in class, we were all given the same raw footage from dailies of some tv western and were told to edit it into a scene. Everybody edited it as it was supposed to be, except for me. (We had headphones on so no one could listen to the other.) I found scraps of dialogue and moments between the takes and took lines out of context to make it a sweet love scene between the two cowboys. Everyone was amazed by it (to be fair, most of these editors did corporate stuff and news, not drama) and that something emotional could be brought out of the pretty standard material. (Music always helps!)

To this day, the instructor still shows that sequence after his students have finished, to prove to them that even if they get bad material, sometimes they can still make something of it if they use their imagination.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Miss Karen

« Reply #488 on: August 18, 2007, 11:29:12 PM »

When are you going to NYC Karen?

Sept. 23

FJL

« Reply #489 on: August 18, 2007, 11:29:48 PM »

Jason has much in common with Esther Williams.  Esther had Lorenzo Lamas inside her for nine months, Jason would like to have had Lorenzo Lamas....

oh wait, I forgot, this is a family site.

Edit:  Oh, wait, Arlene Dahl was Lorenzo's mom - never mind!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 11:33:18 PM by FJL »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #490 on: August 18, 2007, 11:30:09 PM »

Well, I guess I should get ready for bed.  Especially since I'm playing tomorrow's matinee of ACL, and I still may possibly be heading down to Richmond for the night/day.  We shall see...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #491 on: August 18, 2007, 11:30:20 PM »

Ooh! One of my favorite HISTORY BOYS, Tony-nominee Samuel Barnett, is on the telly right now on PBS. He's playing another schoolboy. Go figure....

Miss Karen

« Reply #492 on: August 18, 2007, 11:30:35 PM »

I'm so sleepy, but I now want to see if you NYCers -- and DCelt -- get bk to Post 500 ..

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #493 on: August 18, 2007, 11:30:41 PM »

DBF has used FinalCut Pro before. Are you familiar with that Edi?

Jason

« Reply #494 on: August 18, 2007, 11:31:05 PM »

Is Esther Williams Lorenzo Lamas' mother?? I had no idea!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #495 on: August 18, 2007, 11:31:15 PM »

DBF is moving to Utah in January. He got a teaching job at Dixie State College in St. George, UT.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #496 on: August 18, 2007, 11:32:02 PM »

I'm so sleepy, but I now want to see if you NYCers -- and DCelt -- get bk to Post 500 ..

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

WE will do our best dear... Pleasant dreams!!

Jason

« Reply #497 on: August 18, 2007, 11:32:11 PM »

Oh, I think we can do it, DR Miss Karen...don't you worry your pretty little head about that!

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #498 on: August 18, 2007, 11:32:20 PM »

Well, I guess I should get ready for bed.  Especially since I'm playing tomorrow's matinee of ACL, and I still may possibly be heading down to Richmond for the night/day.  We shall see...

Goodnight.

Seeing as how I'll be at Bukowsical! rehearsal for my debut on Monday during tomorrow's matinee, tell Krysta hi for me.  And that I have a ticket for her on Monday afternoon if she wants it.   ;D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 11:32:47 PM by Cason »
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

FJL

« Reply #499 on: August 18, 2007, 11:32:23 PM »

Oh, wait, Arlene Dahl was Lorenzo's mom - never mind!

Jason

« Reply #500 on: August 18, 2007, 11:32:29 PM »

Is this it???

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #501 on: August 18, 2007, 11:32:37 PM »

Less than a 1000 to my next plateau!

Jason

« Reply #502 on: August 18, 2007, 11:32:56 PM »

I DID IT!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #503 on: August 18, 2007, 11:33:10 PM »

What I wondered was whether or not it would be possible to take all the same original footage, and make two entirely different movies out of it through editing?

Well, you are stuck wih the dialogue that was recorded, so that limits you somewhat. But as Vixmom's trailers prove, you can do a lot with editing. An example of how you could almost pull this off is a French film called "He Loves Me... He Loves Me Not" with Audrey Tatou. You see the same storyline from the point of view of the two characters. In Audrey's version, she's a woman having an affair with a married man. In his view, she's a crazy stalker! There is the same dialogue and series of events, just different points of view. I recommend it highly!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jason

« Reply #504 on: August 18, 2007, 11:34:05 PM »

DR Cason: Seeing how your shows on Monday are added performances, is it safe to assume that they may have tickets available? Perhaps I'll get my buttcheeks out of bed and come see your show...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 11:34:57 PM by Jason »

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #505 on: August 18, 2007, 11:35:22 PM »

Seeing how your shows on Monday are added performances, is it safe to assume that they may have tickets available? Perhaps I'll get my buttcheeks out of bed and come see your show...

Indeed they should - but the Fringe has promised that they'll fill our houses, so you may want to get them soon - or just let me know that you're coming so I can get you some and have them at the door for you.

Miss Karen

« Reply #506 on: August 18, 2007, 11:36:23 PM »

Is Esther Williams Lorenzo Lamas' mother?? I had no idea!

Nope, Arlene Dahl is his mom.

Well, never mind, I see where my ex-lawyer beat me to the punch ...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 11:38:28 PM by Miss Karen »

Jason

« Reply #507 on: August 18, 2007, 11:37:39 PM »

While I could tell it was heart-felt, I just heard the strangest eulogy I've ever heard in my lifetime.

Merv Griffith's son: "So, if you're doing a crossword, and you see number 2 across, and it has 11 empty spaces, and the clue is, "Larger than life," you can bet that the answer is going to be MERV GRIFFITH."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #508 on: August 18, 2007, 11:38:02 PM »

That is what I thought also MissKaren

Jason

« Reply #509 on: August 18, 2007, 11:39:05 PM »

I'm now watching "Soul Train," and, sadly, I can't tell if this was taped in the early 80's or last week.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up