Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: I, TUNES  (Read 96523 times)

Ginny

Re:I, TUNES
« Reply #270 on: August 20, 2007, 03:25:40 PM »

Yes, DR Ginny, and I'm the correct weight for a person who's 9'4" tall!

Which one of us do you not believe, dear DR Elmore - Meryl or me?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #271 on: August 20, 2007, 03:28:45 PM »

Which one of us do you not believe, dear DR Elmore - Meryl or me?

In the very unlikely event Meryl Streep ever calls me for an arrangement I think I will remain neutral.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #272 on: August 20, 2007, 03:30:06 PM »

Rodzinski may make a lovely Joyce - He has the wig.

I'm just sayin' ...

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #273 on: August 20, 2007, 03:31:43 PM »

Sorry DR George I didn't realise you still had the wig.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #274 on: August 20, 2007, 03:32:37 PM »

Back to the Hairspray movie - I loved the costumes!  I kept expecting to see my sister's senior prom dress and my 8th grade graduation dress.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #275 on: August 20, 2007, 03:36:54 PM »

My copy of Sacco and Vanzetti has been shipped.

(I don't even know who they were).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #276 on: August 20, 2007, 03:37:11 PM »

The problem with NYMF is it has become something it was not intended to be - about "names."  They want to send out a press release touting the "name" performers in the shows (never mind that I've seen the list and haven't heard of half these people), and that's not what this festival started out to be about - it was about the SHOWS, not the cast members.  Pity the show that just decided to get the best possible people for each role - if they're not "names" they won't be in the press release - I've written NYMF and talked to the overall PR guy, who is a big fan of mine and he totally gets what I'm saying, so that, at least, is good.  So, it somehow becomes that the shows to see are the shows with the "names" which is hardly what it should be about.  Names are great but the shows that don't have them (and I don't count myself as one of those shows, since Barry Pearl has more credits on his little finger than most of these people will have in their lives, and Alet is not exactly chopped liver) should not suffer because I'm sure there are good shows that don't have names and people should see them and not be waylaid by lists that, in the long run, are meaningless - the play's the thing.

Tomovoz

« Reply #277 on: August 20, 2007, 03:38:38 PM »

I guess it's a similar story to Oscar & Felix.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #278 on: August 20, 2007, 03:39:19 PM »

That's very cool, Tom and great that you are a part of the tree! As you should be!

I believe he is the nut that didn't fall far from the tree.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #279 on: August 20, 2007, 03:44:34 PM »

The names that influenced my choice of NYMF shows are Bruce, Larry, Cason, Noel, Fred, and Skip.

Tomovoz

« Reply #280 on: August 20, 2007, 03:45:32 PM »

I believe he is the nut that didn't fall far from the tree.
Just don't call me Hazel.
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #281 on: August 20, 2007, 03:45:41 PM »

Sorry DR George I didn't realise you still had the wig.

That ain't no wig, it's a helmet with plastic fruit hot-glued to it...and it was heavy! ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #282 on: August 20, 2007, 03:48:23 PM »

I think I saw that Larry guy at a show last year. He may have been playing the role of Mother Theresa. It's been 11 months since I was there so I may be wrong.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #283 on: August 20, 2007, 03:49:59 PM »

That ain't no wig, it's a helmet with plastic fruit hot-glued to it...and it was heavy! ::)
mmm hot and fruit. (etc),  No. I will leave that for other minds.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #284 on: August 20, 2007, 03:53:24 PM »

I once weighed 250 lbs.
[/size]

You figure out which end of the scale that belongs.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #285 on: August 20, 2007, 03:57:06 PM »

I once weighed 250 lbs.
[/size]

You figure out which end of the scale that belongs.

What happened to ya face?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #286 on: August 20, 2007, 04:01:12 PM »

I think TCB's Avatar has been placed in the attic.
Dorian Birkeland.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #287 on: August 20, 2007, 04:03:48 PM »

I once weighed 250 lbs.
[/size]

250 pounds of....what...is it fish?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #288 on: August 20, 2007, 04:06:07 PM »

Bruce - regarding that list of shows with names in them, almost all of the shows listed with "names" on that list are from the Next Link portion of the productions as opposed to the Invited Works, which makes logical sense since the Next Link shows have known that they were in NYMF much longer than the Invited works. So logically the Next Links would be finished with their casting process sooner than the Inviteds.  

td

• td
« Reply #289 on: August 20, 2007, 04:08:36 PM »

VIBRAPHONIC CASTING VIBES FOR THE ESTEEMED BK!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #290 on: August 20, 2007, 04:09:04 PM »

You would be too if you had a trident IN you!  . . .and I'm not talking about chewing gum!   :o

I doubt Leo is cranky.
“One thing’s universal,

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #291 on: August 20, 2007, 04:10:14 PM »

Casting vibes for BK!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think that's all I have to say. Sorry.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

td

• td
« Reply #292 on: August 20, 2007, 04:17:17 PM »

I doubt Leo is cranky.
Prod and poke.  Prod and poke.  Prod and poke.  (It takes three times to make it a trident).
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #293 on: August 20, 2007, 04:23:20 PM »

BK has mentioned cucumber rolls a couple times. Would someone pls tell me what that is?
Cucumbers are basically cylindrical.  If you place one on a slope or ramp so that it's long edge is level, the cucumber will roll down the slope.

(Another example of wierd cashier humor.   ::))
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #294 on: August 20, 2007, 04:25:27 PM »

Sorry for venting, but had I known all this beforehand I simply would have said no, or I would not have let my casting guy talk me out of beginning casting the third week of July - he fought to wait until two weeks ago, saying we had a better chance of getting people without conflicts.  Sadly, that has proven not to be the case and several good people were snapped up before I came into town.  And it didn't help to be jerked around by an actress for over a week.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #295 on: August 20, 2007, 04:29:53 PM »

TOD:

As an adult I was at my lowest of 135 (after leaving the hospital after a bout with Hepatitis).

The first time I quit smoking I went from 156 to 196 in no time at all. I lost all the excess poundage in two ways; first a live-style chance of replacing Budweiser with Miller Lite (and at an average of 4-5 cans per day, that adds up). I also had my own loose-weight diet - steak, fresh tomatoes, and lots of cucumbers!

The next big weight surge came the second time I quit smoking - I had been in the hospital with double pneumonia and an esophageal infection; I couldn't swallow well, and lost lots of weight; I had trouble inhaling, so I couldn't smoke. When I was discharged, I considered starting smoking again - but I realized that the four weeks of forced abstinence had put me over the hurdle of nicotine withdrawal - resumption seemed just stupid! The Doctor was greatly concerned about my weight loss (funny thing, that not-eating stuff) and insisted putting me on a high fat/high-protein diet. The dietician urged me to eat lots of donuts, bowls of ice cream and milk shakes. Well, not smoking and that diet got me over 200lbs in record time!

Now, I eat what I want and reside comfortably at around 185 - where is right where the Doc wants me.

der Brucer

Of course, I still have those great double-knit leisure suits with 30" waist pants I long to wear again.

My cooking helps with the weight, of course.

And I thought you left most of those leisure suits back in Long Beach!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #296 on: August 20, 2007, 04:31:01 PM »

And it didn't help to be jerked around by an actress for over a week.

A "so-called" actress...
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Tomovoz

« Reply #297 on: August 20, 2007, 04:31:11 PM »

Cucumbers are basically cylindrical.  If you place one on a slope or ramp so that it's long edge is level, the cucumber will roll down the slope.

(Another example of wierd cashier humor.   ::))
And weird American spelling?
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #298 on: August 20, 2007, 04:32:24 PM »

I think TCB's Avatar has been placed in the attic.
Dorian Birkeland.

I thought maybe he sent it out for a nose job....

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #299 on: August 20, 2007, 04:32:43 PM »

But we all knew this:

Blue-eyed people better off, say scientists

PEOPLE with blue eyes are likely to achieve more in life than those with brown, say US scientists.

Scientists who conducted the tests said brown-eyed people performed better at reaction time, but those with lighter eyes appeared to be better strategic thinkers, the Daily Mail reported.

der Brucer

But what about those of us with green eyes?  Or grey?

Both of which are rarer eye colors than brown or that conventional blue.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 04:34:09 PM by S. Woody White »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Up