Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: I, TUNES  (Read 96520 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:I, TUNES
« Reply #300 on: August 20, 2007, 04:32:50 PM »

And weird American spelling?

DerBrucer was preoccupied by something shiny....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #301 on: August 20, 2007, 04:35:18 PM »

My lowest weight, which I maintained for over fifteen years, was 137 pounds, all during my acting days (because I felt the camera really did add a few pounds).  Size 30 waist.  After that, it was too difficult to maintain, and I went up to about 150, where I stayed until the Totally Hidden Video days and the beginning of the Varese days.  Sitting in editing rooms all day and snacking relentlessly got me up to 178, my then highest.  In the second year of Varese I dropped back down to about 148 and over the next few years I fluctuated between 148 and 158.  And then it all went to hell when the label thing happened.  Over the last few years I've reached my all-time outrageous weight of about 190 - 193.  Last year at this time I was back down under 170.  Then the holidays of December hit and over the next three months I gained back the weight.  I'm now around 185 and going down, baby.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #302 on: August 20, 2007, 04:38:54 PM »

Would that be found in the Whole Foods organic, free-range, haute couture section?  Haute chicken?
Haute wings.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #303 on: August 20, 2007, 04:39:56 PM »

I have no problem with folks getting enthusiastic about the GREASE movie (or even the said-to-be-mediocre new revival) or HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 1 or 2.

If any of these shows bring a kid to musical theater and make him a fan, I think that's a positive especially in these days of non-music music. For all their flaws, these shows do contain singable songs.

They have plenty of time to learn about the real cream of musical theater once they get hooked on the form.

Damn it to Helena!  I just wrote this very long (and for me articulate) response agreeing completely with Matt on this subject.  When I hit "Post" it disappeared.  The gist of it was that with secondary schools and high schools eliminating music and drama courses from their curriculum, this new generation is getting less and less exposure to live theater.

I will always kick myself for spending over $100.00 to see RENT on Broadway, which I thought was crap.  However, each time I meet a new young person who is auditioning for their very first show, because the got hooked on RENT; then I say AMEN to Jonathan Larson for writing that show.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #304 on: August 20, 2007, 04:43:19 PM »

I thought maybe he sent it out for a nose job....

Why Ron, do you think I need one? :o
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #305 on: August 20, 2007, 04:46:12 PM »

...and a little less than 4 minutes of bloopers.
Out of the entire season, just four minutes?  I can't help wondering what was left on the cutting room floor.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #306 on: August 20, 2007, 04:48:54 PM »

Sorry, I was writing and losing a post; so I was delayed getting the bad news, BK.  I am sorry.  However, I am sure that four very perfect actors for those parts will walk in that door Wednesday night; and you will thank your lucky stars that you had to wait to cast them.

Besides, I told you to cast me as the General!
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #307 on: August 20, 2007, 04:49:43 PM »

When I go back down later, I plan to watch HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 before the start of THE CLOSER tonight. If I can squeeze it in, I'll scan through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS to see if anything of importance happens with the gay character(s).
Dang, I've got to read more carefully... I thought you said "anything of impotence..."

::)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #308 on: August 20, 2007, 04:57:09 PM »

Sorry, I was writing and losing a post; so I was delayed getting the bad news, BK.  I am sorry.  However, I am sure that four very perfect actors for those parts will walk in that door Wednesday night; and you will thank your lucky stars that you had to wait to cast them.

Besides, I told you to cast me as the General!

Show up Wednesday night, baby.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #309 on: August 20, 2007, 04:57:24 PM »

Why Ron, do you think I need one? :o

Not you....the avatar.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #310 on: August 20, 2007, 04:58:17 PM »

DR JRand56(goingon57):

How's the viewing of "Rome" going?  Was it Season 1 you were watching?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #311 on: August 20, 2007, 05:00:24 PM »

Not you....the avatar.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #312 on: August 20, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »

TOD

On a six foot two frame, I spent most of my life weighing 145 pounds.  I mean, I was scarecrow thin.

Several years after connecting with der B, I decided it was time to quite smoking.  Which, on the second effort, took hold.

Within the next year, I gained fifty pounds.  A full 25% of my weight was new that year.

As it turns out, my father, who was also a beanpole, quit smoking at about the same time in his life.  He too went through a major weight change.

I've added a few more pounds since then, and am now very comfortable at two hundred and twenty.

Der Brucer still bemoans the loss of that skinny lost puppy he fell in love with all those years ago.  But he likes my cooking.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #313 on: August 20, 2007, 05:04:20 PM »

Casting vibes for BK:

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~
~ ~
~   ~
~     ~
~       ~
~         ~
~           ~
[/move]

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #314 on: August 20, 2007, 05:16:12 PM »

TOD

On a six foot two frame, I spent most of my life weighing 145 pounds.  I mean, I was scarecrow thin.

Several years after connecting with der B, I decided it was time to quite smoking.  Which, on the second effort, took hold.

Within the next year, I gained fifty pounds.  A full 25% of my weight was new that year.

As it turns out, my father, who was also a beanpole, quit smoking at about the same time in his life.  He too went through a major weight change.

I've added a few more pounds since then, and am now very comfortable at two hundred and twenty.

Der Brucer still bemoans the loss of that skinny lost puppy he fell in love with all those years ago.  But he likes my cooking.

Why?  Where did the skinny lost puppy go?
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #315 on: August 20, 2007, 05:18:20 PM »

Talk about lousy days.

I wasn't feeling all that hot this morning, but made my way to work all the same.

Shortly after I got there, I learned that the spouse of one of my co-workers had died on Saturday.

David had had a history of heart trouble, including heart attacks.  A week or so ago, a blood clot had to be removed from his brain.  He was set to be released from the hospital soon, but suddenly took a turn for the worse.  After a very genial phone call with another of my coworkers, he laid back, and the hospital staff was unable to revive him.  He was in his mid sixties.

Larry, his spouse and one of my better friends at work, is by all accounts a basket case.

I'd only met David once, but he was obviously the rock that anchored the more active and social Larry.  Since Larry is just two days older than I, we've always had a different kind of friendship, what with the parallels and skews of our lives.  And it was impossible for me to not be thinking of him all day.

Between not feeling all that great to beging with, and the genuine depression I was feeling for Larry, I begged off taking the grandlads to the movies with der Grampa.  I caught up with my sleeping.

I'm feeling better now.  The movie der Grampa took the grandlads to see was Transformers, and he says I didn't miss anything.

I'd better get some dinner on the table.  Poached salmon with dill, scalloped potatoes, broccoli.

td

• td
« Reply #316 on: August 20, 2007, 05:18:21 PM »

Just thought I'd mention that Joe Nichols has a new cd out tomorrow.
I've been listening to it most of the weekend, and it's really good.
Joe's weathered baritone just keeps getting better and sexier by the minute . . .

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #317 on: August 20, 2007, 05:19:59 PM »

Why?  Where did the skinny lost puppy go?
He's still in me, somewhere.  Outside every underweight person is a bigger man waiting to form.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #318 on: August 20, 2007, 05:25:01 PM »

Well. I'm off to Applebee's!  Today is my dad's 69th birthday and that's where he wants to go for dinner.  Fine by me. :)

Have a good evening, all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #319 on: August 20, 2007, 05:31:12 PM »

Weight? You want me to talk about my weight?  Polite ladies don't discuss such things ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #320 on: August 20, 2007, 05:32:56 PM »

Weight? You want me to talk about my weight?  Polite ladies don't discuss such things ;)
So talk about everyone elses!   ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #321 on: August 20, 2007, 05:37:42 PM »

I will say I was the most miserable when I was my skinniest as an adult. Not about my weight, just about life in general.   I won't say the heaviest was the best, but I was happier during those times.   I tend to lose weight in the winter and when it's cooler out, so I'm thinking about joining weight watchers this fall.

Cillaliz

« Reply #322 on: August 20, 2007, 05:43:21 PM »

I feel like I am very heavy, but next to some of my family, well... i'm not skinny, but I'm not fat
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 05:44:00 PM by Cillaliz »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #323 on: August 20, 2007, 05:51:32 PM »

Good Evening!

I AM THE GAYEST!!!!![/b]
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #324 on: August 20, 2007, 05:51:51 PM »

*I'll leave it up to DR Jason and Cason to explain that one.  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #325 on: August 20, 2007, 05:54:20 PM »

Good Evening!

I AM THE GAYEST!!!!![/b]

Was there ever any doubt?
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #326 on: August 20, 2007, 05:55:48 PM »

And speaking of DR Cason...

After DR Jason and I had another fantastic lunch at the Spring Street Natural Restaurant, and a somewhat brief shopping excursion at Uniqlo (I bought some jeans, and had them altered for free!), we headed over to the Bleecker Street Theatre to see Bukowsical!.

All I will say for now is that it really is an "L.A. Show".  And even though I was only in L.A. for about three or four months with What If?, I actually got a bunch of the in-jokes about the L.A. theatre scene that no one else seemed to get.

And I'm so glad that the flying t-shirt did not land on me.  Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #327 on: August 20, 2007, 05:56:30 PM »

Was there ever any doubt?

Umm... I guess not.  But today's events - well, one event in particular - more or less solidified my title.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #328 on: August 20, 2007, 05:59:56 PM »

So, after Bukowsical!, DRs Jason, Cason and I headed back to Uniqlo to pick up my jeans which turned out not to be ready, so...

We headed back up to Bleecker Street, and proceeded to take DR Cason on a tour of Bleecker Street and some other parts of the West Village.  Of course, since we were on Bleecker, we did end up at Magnolia Bakery.  We even stood in the line - it was short - even though DR Jason and myself were just getting the Banana Pudding.  However, DR Cason did end up sampling a cupcake (vanilla/vanilla).  All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable and delicious excursion.

And then...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #329 on: August 20, 2007, 06:00:53 PM »

Will we never get to page twelve?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18   Go Up