Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: I, TUNES  (Read 96516 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:I, TUNES
« Reply #360 on: August 20, 2007, 06:51:36 PM »

OH!

And I got some more information regarding my upcoming Mary Poppins stint.  Should be lots of fun.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #361 on: August 20, 2007, 06:52:56 PM »

PAGE 13 FARMER'S LEMONADE DANCE!!!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #362 on: August 20, 2007, 06:53:32 PM »

Well, we did have one bit of nice news - we have a costume designer.  One less thing.  And apparently I'll be seeing some really good people on Wednesday night and they have all been told the deal - don't come if you're not prepared to do the show and start the next day.

We've been discussing another Fred possibility, but he's in a show until September 3rd, so given the Labor Day weekend and all, he probably wouldn't be able to start until the 5th, so I'm not sure about it.  He's a good choice, but bringing him up brought another actor to mind, someone with whom I've worked, and who's in the same show.  I've talked to him and he's checking with his agent to see if he'd be free.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #363 on: August 20, 2007, 06:53:57 PM »

And just in case you're wondering:

Farmer’s Lemonade
Like a liquid Creamsicle but better and tarter, it’s a kooky mix of the house lemonade with Ronnybrook Farm Dairy cream ($3.50).
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #364 on: August 20, 2007, 06:54:18 PM »

Wonderful photos DR JoseP...you just crack me up!

MBarnum

« Reply #365 on: August 20, 2007, 06:55:08 PM »

DR SWW, that is very sad about your co-worker's spouse  :-\

MBarnum

« Reply #366 on: August 20, 2007, 06:56:33 PM »

I am pleased to report that my Cal Bolder interview is finally in the new issue of FILMFAX...look for it at a newstand near you!

Also, the same issue has an interview with friend of Charles Pogue, Mz. June Wilkinson!

Between Cal and June this is rather a body beautiful issue!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #367 on: August 20, 2007, 06:59:58 PM »

Well, we did have one bit of nice news - we have a costume designer.  One less thing.  And apparently I'll be seeing some really good people on Wednesday night and they have all been told the deal - don't come if you're not prepared to do the show and start the next day.

We've been discussing another Fred possibility, but he's in a show until September 3rd, so given the Labor Day weekend and all, he probably wouldn't be able to start until the 5th, so I'm not sure about it.  He's a good choice, but bringing him up brought another actor to mind, someone with whom I've worked, and who's in the same show.  I've talked to him and he's checking with his agent to see if he'd be free.

bk - Even with all your casting woes, I think the one thing to keep in mind is that you're dealing with a pool of experienced actors here in NYC.  You're not dealing with LACC students.  Whoever you end up casting - and the people you've already cast - know what the deal is with NYMF (and other similar situations).  They will pick things up fast.  And after being in the room with Adam for just a few hours, I'm sure he'll have the whole "Brain Tap" sequence taught and learned in just a few hours, leaving plenty of time to review and tweak it.  I'm not disparaging your student cast at LACC, but I also just want to "remind" you that your dealing with "actors" now, not students.  -Heck, some of your cast just came off some summer-stock gigs, and if they can put up Carousel and Les Miserables(!!!) in 10-days, surely getting The Brain from Planet X in three to four weeks should be a breeze for them.

Remember.... Breathe.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #368 on: August 20, 2007, 07:06:12 PM »

I am pleased to report that my Cal Bolder interview is finally in the new issue of FILMFAX...look for it at a newstand near you!

Also, the same issue has an interview with friend of Charles Pogue, Mz. June Wilkinson!

Between Cal and June this is rather a body beautiful issue!

Congratulations, DR M Barnum.

And speaking of Charles Pogue.... This coming Saturday's MASTER OF SCIENCE FICTION finale is not only based on one of Mr. Pogues dear friends, Harlan Ellison's works; but it also features a cameo by Mr. Ellison.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #369 on: August 20, 2007, 07:09:16 PM »

bk - Even with all your casting woes, I think the one thing to keep in mind is that you're dealing with a pool of experienced actors here in NYC.  You're not dealing with LACC students.  Whoever you end up casting - and the people you've already cast - know what the deal is with NYMF (and other similar situations).  They will pick things up fast.  And after being in the room with Adam for just a few hours, I'm sure he'll have the whole "Brain Tap" sequence taught and learned in just a few hours, leaving plenty of time to review and tweak it.  I'm not disparaging your student cast at LACC, but I also just want to "remind" you that your dealing with "actors" now, not students.  -Heck, some of your cast just came off some summer-stock gigs, and if they can put up Carousel and Les Miserables(!!!) in 10-days, surely getting The Brain from Planet X in three to four weeks should be a breeze for them.

Remember.... Breathe.

Believe me, I could not be happier with the folks who are doing the show and I know they'll pick it all up wonderfully and really deliver.  What's fascinating is that all the ensemble people were brought in by our choreographer, and everyone else was cast by me, in LA (including Barry Pearl).  So, all we've needed all along are four roles.  Maddening.  But I'm BREATHING.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #370 on: August 20, 2007, 07:12:45 PM »

I am hungry.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #371 on: August 20, 2007, 07:22:48 PM »

Come on... Just have a little bite...[/b]

Wouldn't this make a great new avatar for JOSE???

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #372 on: August 20, 2007, 07:25:54 PM »

Cason IS indeed done with Bukowsical! for now - and more than ready to start up on the Brain.

For what it is worth, I'm pretty darn glad that you said yes to all of this, bk.  I know it is crazy and frustrating - but it will all be worth it.  Everything happens for a reason.
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #373 on: August 20, 2007, 07:27:45 PM »

And I really have to say that the level of "personal sharing" that goes on on this site continues to impress and inspire me.  -Heck, I don't even have my correct weight on my driver's license, but I posted it here!

I was thinking the same thing. But since most of you know my approximate age--which I don't usually advertise--I figured you might as well know my weight!

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #374 on: August 20, 2007, 07:28:45 PM »

Oh Lord - Jose; those pictures and your explanation of the afternoon had me cracking up.  
You are definitely the gayest.

To bring everyone else up to speed, when Jose saw that a branch of "The City Bakery" had opened up on 6th Ave. (across the street from where we were)...well, I've just never seen a grown man throw caution to the wind and proceed to gaily romp through several (luckily empty) lanes of traffic like that.
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Miss Karen

« Reply #375 on: August 20, 2007, 07:29:40 PM »

And then after cutting down Cornelia Street, we ended up back at Bleecker, and found ourselves heading into Amy's Bread.

As luck/fate/karma would have it, there was just one last slice left of....

MONKEY CAKE[/i]

See Case, I thought monkeycake sounded like it would be a tropical version of carrot cake -- and by this picture, I think I'm right -- it sure looks like a carrot cake...

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #376 on: August 20, 2007, 07:30:48 PM »

The names that influenced my choice of NYMF shows are Bruce, Larry, Cason, Noel, Fred, and Skip.

:D  Well, all I'll say is that you know how to pick them then!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #377 on: August 20, 2007, 07:30:55 PM »

Oh Lord - Jose; those pictures and your explanation of the afternoon had me cracking up.  
You are definitely the gayest.

To bring everyone else up to speed, when Jose saw that a branch of "The City Bakery" had opened up on 6th Ave. (across the street from where we were)...well, I've just never seen a grown man throw caution to the wind and proceed to gaily romp through several (luckily empty) lanes of traffic like that.

I keep tellin' you: THE SIGN SAID "WALK"!!!!!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #378 on: August 20, 2007, 07:31:29 PM »

Wonderful photos DR JoseP...you just crack me up!

As MISS KAREN would say, DITTO!

(Since MISS KAREN and I are soul sisters I"m inventing some lines for her in her absence.)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #379 on: August 20, 2007, 07:32:38 PM »

See Case, I thought monkeycake sounded like it would be a tropical version of carrot cake -- and by this picture, I think I'm right -- it sure looks like a carrot cake...

DR Miss Karen - I guess you haven't seen the other pictures yet... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #380 on: August 20, 2007, 07:36:46 PM »

From Amy's Bread's website:

Monkey Cake:
A monkey's delight, with fresh bananas, pineapple, and toasted pecans; dense, moist, and chunky; wrapped in cream cheese icing.

*I believe DR Jason posted that very description a few days ago.  I guess someone ain't reading all the posts.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #381 on: August 20, 2007, 07:37:08 PM »

OH! MISS KAREN's HERE!! Oooops.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #382 on: August 20, 2007, 07:38:55 PM »

So the shows today went well -- I managed to make it through my turn as one of the "Players" without anything too bad happening.  A few little things here and there, but nothing that would necessarily read to the audience - and the show didn't go down in flames, but I'm glad to be done.

The cast was going out to celebrate and have some drinks - but I had/still have a pretty intense headache, so I figured it would be better to just come home.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #383 on: August 20, 2007, 07:39:56 PM »

Hmm... I just realized I haven't had dinner yet.  Of course, that piece of Monkey Cake is still sitting on the counter here.  And I have the rest of the Devil's Food Cheesecake from Junior's in the fridge.  And the Galaxy Ripple Bar that DR Jason bought me earlier today... Hmm...

Guess I'll order Chinese.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #384 on: August 20, 2007, 07:42:40 PM »

The cast was going out to celebrate and have some drinks - but I had/still have a pretty intense headache, so I figured it would be better to just come home.  

A "headache"?  Hmm... I don't suppose that the Magnolia Bakery Cupcake and Banana Pudding, and Galaxy Ripple Bar you consumed before the show would have had anything to do with that?  ;)

*It sounds like you might be dehydrated.  And you may also need some "real food" - at least some meat and vegetables.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #385 on: August 20, 2007, 07:46:16 PM »

Hmm... Where did DR Miss Karen go?

Hmmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #386 on: August 20, 2007, 07:46:28 PM »

CONGRATS to Mike BARNUM on the publication of his article.

Miss Karen

« Reply #387 on: August 20, 2007, 07:48:30 PM »

TOD:

I was always a skinny little kid -- looked like a stick figure with a big, giant head stuck on top.

High school and college I  held a constant weight (except the summer I worked at Denny's and gained 10 lbs eating hot fudge sundaes every day -- but got back to school that fall and went back to my normal weight pretty quickly)

Weighed the most when I was pregnant with Case (gained about 40 lbs -- he was a whopper).

Weighed the least during chemo treatment -- looked like a skeleton

I've remained pretty consistent for years now -- about 6-8 lbs. over my high school weight.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #388 on: August 20, 2007, 07:48:39 PM »

DR Jason and Cason - If you're still interested in stopping in tomorrow, here's the INFO.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 07:49:03 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #389 on: August 20, 2007, 07:49:59 PM »

Tweight pretty quickly)

Weighed the most when I was pregnant with Case (gained about 40 lbs -- he was a whopper).

Boy, I'll say!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18   Go Up