Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down

Author Topic: EARMARKING RESTAURANTS  (Read 48658 times)

Ginny

Re:EARMARKING RESTAURANTS
« Reply #420 on: August 28, 2007, 07:22:53 PM »

Our household has been immersed in Sacco & Vanzetti tonight, which we watched while eating pizza and drinking red wine.  It's such a well-crafted telling of the story.  The reference librarian in me loved the bibliography at the end and the nonprofit fundraising geek loved Peter's description of that production aspect.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #421 on: August 28, 2007, 07:23:35 PM »

Sort of like the Mississippi going from east to west in Davenport, IA

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #422 on: August 28, 2007, 07:23:44 PM »

Not all dogs have problems with chocolate, many do though so it is best to be safe.  I suspect if Blanche were to get sick it would have happened by now.  Did you get a time frame on this?

Safe from chocolate vibes for DD Blanche.    [/size]

It's been a couple of hours and she's not having seizures yet.

Of course when BeeGee got the D-Con the week we brought him home, it didn't phase him in the least.  The vet gave him enough morphine to put a horse to sleep for a week (the vet's words) and BeeGee was friskily jumping to and fro, though with a somewhat crazed look in his eye.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #423 on: August 28, 2007, 07:23:46 PM »

Continued apartment vibes for the Gilfreys!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #424 on: August 28, 2007, 07:24:34 PM »

Vibes to the two doggies. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #425 on: August 28, 2007, 07:26:08 PM »

RE: the first episode of SAVING GRACE.

Do you mean Earl the angel?
Laura San Giacomo, the medical examiner, is the only one I liked in the show.

I think we watched 2 ½ episodes & regret those.  Maybe if we had stuck with the show longer we would have enjoyed it more.  It sounds as if you like it better than we did.

Yeah i was talking about the angel. Sort of an odd premise.

I do like Laura San Giacomo. I couldn't remember how to spell her last name so i didn't try. :)

I'm not sure if i liked the show or not. I found it very odd.

It's not something i would normally watch or like.  But since it's summer and there is very little on i'll probably watch again next week.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #426 on: August 28, 2007, 07:31:27 PM »

I doubt you will like it any better.  But heck, might as well find out for yourself.

Jennifer

« Reply #427 on: August 28, 2007, 07:31:32 PM »

re: amber's popularity on the cbs poll after her anti-jewish comments.

I didn't even know about her comments, but I didn't like her anyway

Yes, but i don't think her ratings would be at around 0.5%. That is extremely low. She might not be that great or bright. But that is basically the worst rating i've ever seen.

Someone like dick had like 30-45% popularity. So less than 1% is pretty darn horrible!

I'm surprised you didn't hear about her comments. It was on quite a few news sites, plus all over the feed reports.

Jennifer

« Reply #428 on: August 28, 2007, 07:32:01 PM »

Vibes to Yogi!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #429 on: August 28, 2007, 07:33:56 PM »

re: amber's popularity on the cbs poll after her anti-jewish comments.Yes, but i don't think her ratings would be at around 0.5%. That is extremely low. She might not be that great or bright. But that is basically the worst rating i've ever seen.

Someone like dick had like 30-45% popularity. So less than 1% is pretty darn horrible!

I'm surprised you didn't hear about her comments. It was on quite a few news sites, plus all over the feed reports.

I only look at the sites occasionally.  I don't follow it THAT closely

Jennifer

« Reply #430 on: August 28, 2007, 07:35:36 PM »

RE: tonight's POWER OF 10 with BIG BROTHER SPOILERS

It's funny but the people on televisionwithoutpity had things pegged right. Amber had talked about her cousin. And it turns out she did beat daniele.

Also, last night they showed the HGs the show and after daniele was crying. And people figured she must have been upset because she saw nick and realized she had not seen him.

I don't love amber by any means. But i was sad that she just missed out on getting the money. That would have been nice for her daughter.

Plus i wish the BB people had been on longer!

Jane

« Reply #431 on: August 28, 2007, 07:39:07 PM »

We watched last night and found it very intriguing.  Interesting was while I was completely convinced, at least regarding Vanzetti & partially regarding Sacco, they were innocent of the crime, there was the fact they were not completely innocent.  It is a reminder to be careful who you involve yourself with.  

Ioana works very hard volunteering for animal groups.  When she arrived from Romania I warned her to stay away from certain ones as there are segments of them I don’t trust to be non-violent or completely legal in their actions.  

I liked how it ended with art, music and then Arlo singing his father’s song.

Jane

« Reply #432 on: August 28, 2007, 07:39:54 PM »

Thank you DR Jennifer.  

'night

FJL

« Reply #433 on: August 28, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »

Jane - It was the bone from a chicken wing.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #434 on: August 28, 2007, 07:51:24 PM »

Successful apartment vibes for the Gilfrys!!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #435 on: August 28, 2007, 07:51:44 PM »

DR Noel, when do rehearsals begin for Such Good Friends?

September 6.

Today was an amazing day.  First, we did an interview in which I had to sing three songs.  Why me, you wonder?  Why not someone...competent?  One of the reasons is that a certain union won't allow its membership to sing on certain kinds of interviews.  So helpful - huh?

Then, chez moi, my director and musical director and I started going over the score at 2.  We finished at 9:30 having never stopped for a break.  Seven and a half hours refining intros, accompaniment feels, scene change music, harmonies, extended endings, cues.  And, of course, we didn't finish.

To some, this process sounds like hell.  To me, it's a dream.  To examine, measure by measure, what I've composed and why I've written in that way, with an eye towards making it better: I can think of no better way to spend an uninterrupted seven-and-a-half hours.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #436 on: August 28, 2007, 07:52:21 PM »

Good moving and no fleas vibes for Edi and her DH and darling kitties!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #437 on: August 28, 2007, 07:58:33 PM »

That's like going south to Canada from the US, which is what you do to go from Detroit to Windsor.

Makes sense to me... the Red River of the North between Minnesota and ND flows north...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #438 on: August 28, 2007, 08:00:40 PM »

Continued vibes to DD Yogi!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #439 on: August 28, 2007, 08:15:54 PM »

Closer question.  

What happened to the house Brenda signed the papers on, or am I remembering wrong & that to sell the current one?

The old woman who owned the house tore up the papers because she didn't want to sell in the first place. She just liked the company.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #440 on: August 28, 2007, 08:19:59 PM »

I began my evening by watching today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. The gay storyline was not featured on today's show nor was it in the previews for tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 08:21:37 PM by Matt H. »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #441 on: August 28, 2007, 08:21:22 PM »

I began my evening by watching ASS THE WORLD TURNS. The gay storyline was not featured on today's show nor was it in the previews for tomorrow.

Did DR elmore send you some of his VCR tapes?
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #442 on: August 28, 2007, 08:22:15 PM »

Did DR elmore send you some of his VCR tapes?

As soon as I saw the typo, I just KNEW someone would get to it before I could make a correction.

Congratulations!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #443 on: August 28, 2007, 08:23:51 PM »

Closer question.  

What happened to the house Brenda signed the papers on, or am I remembering wrong & that to sell the current one?

She was going to buy the house from the elderly lady (the episode with French Stewart as Gary (doesn't lie) but at the end, realized that the lady didn't really want to sell it, so she backed out.

Brenda hasn't even put her house on the market yet and she doesn't know whether she will ever be able to afford anything else. This becomes an issue as part of a bigger conflict in the season finale. You may have seen a hint of that in last night's promos.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

« Reply #444 on: August 28, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »

Next, I watched last night's SAVING GRACE. The "S" word was probably used 10-15 times during this episode. Such lazy, sloppy writing.

The murder case was a disturbing one, and the "religious" topic of the day was about lying.

Not a great episode, but there are only three left, so I've decided I'll stick it out.

Edisaurus

« Reply #445 on: August 28, 2007, 08:24:39 PM »

Also, although we don't say it, the next episode is sort of a cliffhanger that will then be resolved in the finale.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #446 on: August 28, 2007, 08:25:19 PM »

She was going to buy the house from the elderly lady (the episode with French Stewart as Gary (doesn't lie) but at the end, realized that the lady didn't really want to sell it, so she backed out.

Brenda hasn't even put her house on the market yet and she doesn't know whether she will ever be able to afford anything else. This becomes an issue as part of a bigger conflict in the season finale. You may have seen a hint of that in last night's promos.

I finally got to see last night's Closer. I really like the show. So, I put in on my Netflix and the first CD arrived today - along with The History Boys

Edisaurus

« Reply #447 on: August 28, 2007, 08:25:57 PM »

If you hadn't said anything I wouldn't have thought he was flirting.  

Well, I think it wasn't so much flirting as that you could see he was attracted to Gabriel, who seems a bit flustered by it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #448 on: August 28, 2007, 08:26:11 PM »

Also, although we don't say it, the next episode is sort of a cliffhanger that will then be resolved in the finale.

Resolving in the finale? No cliff hanger until the next season?  

Matt H.

« Reply #449 on: August 28, 2007, 08:26:53 PM »

Next up, I watched the Blu-ray disc of PREMONITION which I've been eager to see but had all those box TV sets to get through.

The premise is great, and I liked all the actors (nice to see Kate Nelligan in a nice role).

Somewhere about 2/3 of the way through, I was kind of shouting at the screen since I would have handled things SO differently if the phenomenon was happening to me.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up