Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NAUSEOUS NOTES  (Read 51093 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE NAUSEOUS NOTES
« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2007, 03:36:13 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][shadow=glow,color width,#characters wide][size=8] LARRY MOORE [/size][/shadow][/move]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #331 on: September 19, 2007, 03:36:46 PM »

Relax, Larry.  This might be my last one.  Hope you didn't mind them.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

td

• td
« Reply #332 on: September 19, 2007, 03:38:53 PM »

What disclaimer?  What did they disclaim?

Originally, it claimed that CRUISING only represented a portion of the gay world and that audiences shouldn't think that the world of cruising represented the gay community as a whole.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 03:43:59 PM by td »
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

FJL

« Reply #333 on: September 19, 2007, 03:39:03 PM »

"Gout" is a very musical theater disorder, what with it being featured in 1776 and all.

Tomovoz

« Reply #334 on: September 19, 2007, 03:39:29 PM »

Get out the muesli bowl.
Never muesli Ron
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #335 on: September 19, 2007, 03:40:04 PM »

"Gout" is a very musical theater disorder, what with it being featured in 1776 and all.

Not to mention  A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #336 on: September 19, 2007, 03:40:49 PM »

Originally, it claimed that CRUISING only represented a portion of the gay world and that audiences shouldn't think that the world of cruising did not represent the gay community as a whole.

Ahh...interesting.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #337 on: September 19, 2007, 03:43:08 PM »

Never muesli Ron

What, then, does one do for brekkies at your house?

Cillaliz

« Reply #338 on: September 19, 2007, 03:43:49 PM »

Was this last year?

Very funny, it was in the mid to late 60s

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #339 on: September 19, 2007, 03:44:22 PM »

Jeanne, how do you play an oyster?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

td

• td
« Reply #340 on: September 19, 2007, 03:44:50 PM »

Very funny, it was in the mid to late 60s

The late 60s!  I didn't even know you had reached the late 30s!   ;D

td

• td
« Reply #341 on: September 19, 2007, 03:45:20 PM »

Jeanne, how do you play an oyster?

The same way you play a xylophone, with a mallet, of course.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #342 on: September 19, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »

Who recalls/remembers "Bringing Up Father"?

Perhaps the most famous goutee was Jiggs, the beleaguered husband of Maggie, in George McManus' long defunct comic strip 'Bringing Up Father'. Maggie loved the opera; Jiggs detested it. Compromises were rare. Despite her warnings "portly" top-hatted Jiggs ate large amounts of wonderfully rich food, especially corned beef and cabbage, bringing on very painful attacks of gout in the foot.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #343 on: September 19, 2007, 03:53:23 PM »

Where's old what's-his-name gotten to?  You know...old gizzafratz....ummmm bonesaw, is it?  stonejaw?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #344 on: September 19, 2007, 03:58:21 PM »

It IS possible that he's been supping on seafood.  Do they have "Fleet Week" where you are, DR td?
Huh?  You mean there are places where they have entire weeks dedicated to that brand of commercially available, over-the-counter suppository laxatives?   :o

The things I learn here at HHW!!!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #345 on: September 19, 2007, 03:58:46 PM »

Despite her warnings "portly" top-hatted Jiggs ate large amounts of wonderfully rich food, especially corned beef and cabbage, bringing on very painful attacks of gout in the foot.

If the great detective Hercule Poirot is to be believed, none of you can have gout. His explanation for his  solution to the case of the Horses of Diomedes was that the curmudgeonly old "major," supposedly immovable because of gout, had to be a fake, because no one had gout any more. (And this short story was written in the 1930s, I think...)
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #346 on: September 19, 2007, 03:59:23 PM »

Don't forget DIE FLEDERMAUS' "Chacun a son gout!"
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #347 on: September 19, 2007, 04:00:21 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][shadow=glow,color width,#characters wide][size=8] LARRY MOORE [/size][/shadow][/move]
Or, if you can get a picture of him throwing his hat in the air,
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][shadow=glow,color width,#characters wide][size=8] LARRY TYLER MOORE [/size][/shadow][/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #348 on: September 19, 2007, 04:02:14 PM »

I wonder if there's any relation to the fleet and Fleet Enemas.
Like minds.   ::)   :P

3DDiffusion

« Reply #349 on: September 19, 2007, 04:03:27 PM »

Speaking of Elaine Stritch, and I know somebody was doing so a few days ago... fans of her, or of caricatures might be interested in a new caricature by Clive Francis, available from Dress Circle in England...

http://www.dresscircle.co.uk/product.asp?StockID=33042

I've long been a fan of Clive Francis and have even done a website for him...to which he has contributed lots of photos of his TV, theater and movie career.  Nothing on his radio which he doesn't seem to hold in high regard...  :'(
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #350 on: September 19, 2007, 04:12:54 PM »

Yes, it was elmore's Brainchild to insert the Oz quote - I love that sort of thing, so I was delighted when I heard it.  All our stuff is now in the theater.  Of course, we can't have a day without drama, so our wireless mic, which NYMF agreed to let us have and which was part of a rather large enhancement package we all paid for, was delivered (apparently), but - wait for it - no one can FIND IT.  So, they're saying it will cost me $250 to get one, and I've told them in no uncertain terms to have the mic there tomorrow at a cost of $0 or I will cause them more misery than they can possibly imagine.  We went right to the head of the organization, who promised he'd deal with it first thing in the morning.  The ineptitude is the worst I've ever seen.  Deliveries made with no one from NYMF to accept them, so stuff gets lost or sent to the wrong venue, it just never stops.  I will say this - darling Noel and darling FJL opening the second week, will get the benefit of the crap that we early openers have to deal with.  By the time they go up, all of us will have sorted out all of it.  Much better to open later - let the early guys all have the pain and suffering. :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #351 on: September 19, 2007, 04:16:51 PM »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #352 on: September 19, 2007, 04:20:33 PM »

Or, if you can get a picture of him throwing his hat in the air,
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][shadow=glow,color width,#characters wide][size=8] LARRY TYLER MOORE [/size][/shadow][/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][shadow=glow,color width,#characters wide][size=8] LARRY TYLER MOORE AS "LARRY" IN THE "LARRY TYLER MOOR SHOW" [/size][/shadow][/move]

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #353 on: September 19, 2007, 04:23:32 PM »

Thank you, DR Matthew! Did you see my inquiry last night about the ANNIE band?

Larry, just caught up on yesterday's posts.  We're using, 2 trumpets, 1 trombone, 1 horn, drums, 3 reeds (no oboe/english horn), 1 violin, 1 'cello, guitar, bass, harp and keyboard (piano, and celeste - and the 16 meausres of calliope :P )  We've had to thin it out a bit as our pit is not that deep and it's not covered so it's a bit strong for what we need, but it's working out fine.  The director moans nightly about not having the Broadway revival arrangements, but Mark and I have basically told him to get over that.  I really like the show and the music is fun.  Thanks for your hard work.  :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #354 on: September 19, 2007, 04:24:45 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][shadow=glow,color width,#characters wide][size=8] LARRY MOORE [/size][/shadow][/move][move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][shadow=glow,color width,#characters wide][size=8] LARRY TYLER MOORE AS "LARRY" IN THE "LARRY TYLER MOOR SHOW" [/size][/shadow][/move]

All right! All right! Genug ist genug!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #355 on: September 19, 2007, 04:26:13 PM »

Larry, just caught up on yesterday's posts.  We're using, 2 trumpets, 1 trombone, 1 horn, drums, 3 reeds (no oboe/english horn), 1 violin, 1 'cello, guitar, bass, harp and keyboard (piano, and celeste - and the 16 meausres of calliope :P )  We've had to thin it out a bit as our pit is not that deep and it's not covered so it's a bit strong for what we need, but it's working out fine.  The director moans nightly about not having the Broadway revival arrangements, but Mark and I have basically told him to get over that.  I really like the show and the music is fun.  Thanks for your hard work.  :)

Ask him which of the ones the Berlin daughters didn't like he really misses.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #356 on: September 19, 2007, 04:28:16 PM »

Basta?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #357 on: September 19, 2007, 04:28:27 PM »

Oh, I meant to add, too, that that's a pretty big group.  Calliope? The jug band?

Tomovoz

« Reply #358 on: September 19, 2007, 04:29:30 PM »

What, then, does one do for brekkies at your house?
OJ (always freshly squeezed), unsweetened cereal, toast and jam, tea,

Ask Jose?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #359 on: September 19, 2007, 04:30:28 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Up