Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: MR. TOAD'S WILD RIDE  (Read 50543 times)

Cillaliz

Re:MR. TOAD'S WILD RIDE
« Reply #270 on: October 02, 2007, 02:34:06 PM »

We mistakenly got the dark chocolate peanut butter when we were aiming for the choc choc chip, but it was still yummy!

I had the "healthy" Levain cookie...the oatmeal raisin...YUMMY

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #271 on: October 02, 2007, 02:36:10 PM »

Well get your ass in gear, write another show, and we'll do it again next year!

I mean, how hard it it be?

der Brucer

I seem to recall he's got "The First Nudie Musical" in some semblance of preparation for same....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Miss Karen

« Reply #272 on: October 02, 2007, 02:36:36 PM »

And speaking of Levain...

They're sort of hard to see in there due to the waxpaper, but they're there.  In the larger box, six each of the Chocolate Chip Walnut and Oatmeal Raisin; in the smaller box, four each of the Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip, and the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip.

Oh, you Evil Enabler, you Temptress of Treats, you Siren of Sin -- even thousands of miles away, you continue to taunt us -- even if it's only with photos ... well, shoot, there are no icons of drooling smiley faces or I'd post one ...

Cillaliz

« Reply #273 on: October 02, 2007, 02:37:05 PM »

Large Bronze Sculptures.

When DR Samantha saw them she said "Omigod!" I offered to take her photo with the sculpture but she was not amused at that idea  ;)  

Cillaliz

« Reply #274 on: October 02, 2007, 02:37:53 PM »

They remind me of that vomiting clown toy.

Or the Morman Tabernacle Choir all vomiting at the same time

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #275 on: October 02, 2007, 02:38:48 PM »

The Hainsies/Kimlets who converged on NYC for the NYMF experience -- "The Gang Who Ate New York"!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #276 on: October 02, 2007, 02:40:02 PM »

Heading down now to continue with tonight's viewing schedule. I have already cleaned the living room this morning, so I don't have that to fool with.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #277 on: October 02, 2007, 02:44:40 PM »

I am having a pretty good day at the office. I haven't heard from my 4:30 PM appointment, but it's the third time we've rescheduled, so I'm not surprised.  I will soon be leaving to go to the Post Office to post things.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #278 on: October 02, 2007, 02:44:59 PM »

elmore, still no e-mail from Ted.  Call Bruce and put a bug in his ear (or elsewhere).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #279 on: October 02, 2007, 02:45:44 PM »

der Brucer - writing the show isn't the hard part - but where would we do it?  The one thing I can tell you is - not NYMF.

Cillaliz

« Reply #280 on: October 02, 2007, 02:47:47 PM »

TOD. Oh good grief, I have many many flying stories to tell.  When I went to school in Kansas it was less expensive for my parents to put me on a puddle jumper plane than to drive the 8 hours down to get me for breaks and drive the 8 hours home both ways (I didn't have a car). So there were many times we landed in snow storms, rain, wind you name it.   Once I was on a prop plane - one of those 20-30 seaters - and we landed in Fairmont MN after a snow storm at night- we hit the runway very hard and the lights went out in the plane.  The grown man next to me screamed and dug his nails into my arm.   Boy was he embarrassed when the lights came back up

Cillaliz

« Reply #281 on: October 02, 2007, 02:51:17 PM »

Let's see. There was the ground crew strike at Heathrow when I was on a theater trip to London in high school.  Our flight was delayed 13 hours...one hour at a time.  We obviously missed our connection from JFK to Minneapolis so they rescheduled us on a flight from LaGuardia...we ran out and got in 2 cabs that followed each other very closely, so closely that they had a fended bender with each other when we arrived at LaGuardia.  

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #282 on: October 02, 2007, 02:53:21 PM »

Today I bought a new crock pot. I am sure you are all thrilled.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #283 on: October 02, 2007, 02:53:55 PM »

There was the thunderstorm last summer landing in Orlando. I was listening to the pilot and watching it approach out the window.  When the tower asked if he wanted to be diverted to another airport and the pilot said he "thought" he could make it...well...it was only seconds after we landed that we were pelted with golf ball sized hail and wind so strong I thought we were going to be tipped over...  I remember the pilot stopping immediately on the runway and telling the tower he couldn't see to get to the terminal and the tower saying....oh that's ok, all the runways were already closed anyway.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #284 on: October 02, 2007, 02:54:39 PM »

Totally, omigod, that is SOO cool.   (a Samantha reference - I'm just kidding Sam)

Cillaliz

« Reply #285 on: October 02, 2007, 02:56:38 PM »

Hmmm, there are more, many more.  There were lots of times my flights couldn't take off because of heat.  The last time was in Denver and they said they needed people to voluntarily get off the plane because they were over weight for the temperature. I got off of that one quickly....it was an adventure in the airport...that one was fun, never mind.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #286 on: October 02, 2007, 02:56:51 PM »

I'm doing a slow simmer over it!

Cillaliz

« Reply #287 on: October 02, 2007, 02:57:43 PM »

Oh and visiting Iowa from Arizona in the summer back in the 80s, my luggage always took a different flight than I did.   I actually watched them take my suitcase off the plane once and saw it being driven to the terminal as we left the terminal, lol.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #288 on: October 02, 2007, 02:58:41 PM »

I don't mind the craziness of the flights as long as we get to where we are going and are all alive and well.  That's all I really ask.  The chef made food and classical music are just the icing on the cake

Cillaliz

« Reply #289 on: October 02, 2007, 03:00:40 PM »

The only thing I really try to do is get to the airport early.  I figure it's the only thing I can really control in the whole flying experience.  The rest of the time I just hope if things get messed up I'll figure out a way to get a free ticket out of it

Cillaliz

« Reply #290 on: October 02, 2007, 03:01:16 PM »

Better go, my potential client is clearly not showing up today.  

singdaw

« Reply #291 on: October 02, 2007, 03:01:36 PM »

She's in the mirror

Along with the music...

Cillaliz

« Reply #292 on: October 02, 2007, 03:01:41 PM »

Fabulous photos everyone.   Edi - I LOVE the photo of Elmore.   I'll post some more tonight

singdaw

« Reply #293 on: October 02, 2007, 03:03:08 PM »

I offered to take her photo with the sculpture but she was not amused at that idea

And notice how much the - er - male protruberance...is discolored from so many visitors touching it!  ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #294 on: October 02, 2007, 03:06:56 PM »

And notice how much the - er - male protruberance...is discolored from so many visitors touching it!  ;)

Ewww! You mean people actually touch that thing!  ;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #295 on: October 02, 2007, 03:13:33 PM »

Perhaps it's because someone has polished it.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #296 on: October 02, 2007, 03:15:38 PM »

Just got back from a reviewers' screening of The Seeker:  The Dark is Rising.  The fact that they asked that no reviews be published before opening day should give you some of idea of how good (or bad) the film is.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #297 on: October 02, 2007, 03:19:21 PM »

Just got back from a reviewers' screening of The Seeker:  The Dark is Rising.  The fact that they asked that no reviews be published before opening day should give you some of idea of how good (or bad) the film is.  :)

And I'm still agape over your "pins and needles" comment from last night.  

What's the buzz?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #298 on: October 02, 2007, 03:23:10 PM »

singdaw pops in

singdaw pops out

singdaw pops in

And shakes it all about

He does the hokey pokey

And shakes it all around

That's what it's all about.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2007, 03:23:29 PM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=8]
ELEVENSES
[/color][/size][/font][/shadow]

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 03:25:12 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Up