Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: MR. TOAD'S WILD RIDE  (Read 50684 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:MR. TOAD'S WILD RIDE
« Reply #390 on: October 02, 2007, 06:28:33 PM »

I must say that I am on the verge of pulling the plug on our benefit.  Yes, we'd lose a few bucks doing so, but I am now no longer willing to put up with the crap that I'm putting up with by the people at LACC doing the funding.  They are now over two weeks late on our second payment - maybe we'll have it on Monday next, but it could be even a few days after that - that means I miss half our ad deadlines.  Furthermore, the way in which they want to do the final check (our original third invoice was due October 15 - they won't pay the third check until AFTER the show is done) is now, given their reprehensible behavior, unacceptable to me, as I have no confidence whatsoever that they will not take three weeks to process it, and there are a lot of people who must be paid out of the third check.  When we originally went into this, the then-president of the school told me that all invoices and receipts would be needed BUT could be turned in AFTER the performance.  He's gone now and the story has changed - they need all invoices and receipts for the first money spent (this we got them - and had to redo several things to their inane satisfaction) - only THEN do they cut the second check, and they'll not only need all the invoices and receipts for THAT check, but ALSO all the invoices and receipts for - wait for it - money that we won't have spent yet!  

I've e-mailed the entire sorry correspondence (I do love my paper trails, and what becomes evident on their end is that they have lied to me from day one of the second invoice being submitted - always telling me the check was on its way when, in fact, it STILL hasn't been processed) to the head of the LACC Foundation and to the head of the Theatre Academy.  The Foundation has a call in to one of the higher ups, and the head of the Academy is going over to talk to them in the morning.  Depending on those conversations and how fast they get me my very late payment will depend on whether I cancel the show, which I'm prepared to do in the morning.

Samantha

« Reply #391 on: October 02, 2007, 06:29:10 PM »

DR Jose- Did Cil talk to you about the Legally Blonde attire?!?!?!?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #392 on: October 02, 2007, 06:29:51 PM »

DR edisaurus, did Greg's photo of the Plaza cake come out? Did you post it and I missed it?

I haven't posted it yet---I didn't want to suck up all the bandwidth!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #393 on: October 02, 2007, 06:30:11 PM »

That was an egg cream in front of DR Edi....she was doing intensive research for her next doumentary.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #394 on: October 02, 2007, 06:31:22 PM »

Anytime!

And not that there's anything wrong with your current one, but how about a new avatar?? :D (But don't feel obligated to use it.)

And the pixels are right in this one  ;)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #395 on: October 02, 2007, 06:32:57 PM »

And the pixels are right in this one  ;)

I wasn't going to mention it, but now that you've mentioned it..... :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Samantha

« Reply #396 on: October 02, 2007, 06:33:22 PM »

DR George- I tried to change it and it says its too big...

Edisaurus

« Reply #397 on: October 02, 2007, 06:36:05 PM »

DR s Edi and Miss Karen

Oh my God. I swear I haven't had anything to drink. I wonder which photo I posted that Cillaliz didn't like...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #398 on: October 02, 2007, 06:37:10 PM »

Notice....no food in front of BJ!!

Yet!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #399 on: October 02, 2007, 06:37:45 PM »

VIBES TO BK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't know whether to wish you it works out or it gets cancelled. I'd be worried that any fix is temporary and the problems would continue

Cillaliz

« Reply #400 on: October 02, 2007, 06:40:08 PM »

DR Edi - I think you look cute in that photo.  The egg creme or is it cream?  comment was an attempt to document your working on this trip for tax purposes - of course that isn't legal advice and I'm not a tax attorney ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #401 on: October 02, 2007, 06:40:48 PM »

And as for Border's... The new issues of "New York Magazine" ("Mrs. Bill Clinton" is on the cover) and "Time Out New York" (their annual sex issue - with quite an explicit cover), and "Service Included" by Phoebe Damrosch - who just happened to be doing a reading and signing there tonight.

Ms. Damrosch was one of the two female "Captains" in the New York City restaurant scene.  She was the Captain at Per Se - which happens to be upstairs from the Border's at the Time-Warner Center.  It's a tell-all book of sorts.  *And every now and then, a couple of her friends from upstairs would pop in and say, "Hi!" during the course of her reading.  I wasn't planning on buying the book, but after hearing her read a few passages from her book, and answer a few questions, well...  And since the crowd was relatively small, she took the time to talk with every one for a bit.  We had a nice chat about "Spectator Dining" and food bloggers.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #402 on: October 02, 2007, 06:40:51 PM »

DR edisaurus - I gave the Joe's Shanghai 56th Street location a try for dinner.  I went ahead and ordered the Soup Dumplings with Pork and the Shredded Turnip Shortcakes.  And I probably should have stopped there, but I also ordered the Singapore Chow Mai Fun.  

I love me some Singapore Chow Fun! I'll have to try that next time.

I have found that it's best to go with at least 4 people so you can get a taste of several different items!

George

« Reply #403 on: October 02, 2007, 06:41:15 PM »

DR George- I tried to change it and it says its too big...

AARRGGHH!!  I thought I had it right the first time...hang on...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #404 on: October 02, 2007, 06:42:11 PM »

Okay Sam, try this:

Ginny

« Reply #405 on: October 02, 2007, 06:43:48 PM »

Evening, All!  DH Richard and I spent close to 6 hours atop 3 different Gray Line double-decker sightseeing busses today.  It all started because our landlord recommended the Brooklyn tour, so we went to South Street Seaport to jump on that.  The agent convinced us that for only $10 more each, we could have a 48 hour pass on all the different routes.  So-o-o-o-o, we went to Brooklyn and back, had a quick lunch at the Seaport, and got on the downtown route intending to take it all the way around and then take the subway home.  We had to change busses at Times Square and had a better tour guide, so decided to stay on.  We got off at Central Park South, walked to Columbus Circle and got a 104 bus up to Artie's Deli for dinner.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Samantha

« Reply #406 on: October 02, 2007, 06:44:40 PM »

Okay Sam, try this:

What a fabulous picture!!!

George

« Reply #407 on: October 02, 2007, 06:45:10 PM »

Yea!!  It worked!!  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #408 on: October 02, 2007, 06:45:38 PM »

DR Jose- Did Cil talk to you about the Legally Blonde attire?!?!?!?

Yes, she did.  Stay tuned to your inbox.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #409 on: October 02, 2007, 06:45:47 PM »

What a fabulous picture!!!

Yes, what a talented photographer!!!

Samantha

« Reply #410 on: October 02, 2007, 06:46:02 PM »

Thanks so much!!! This is even better than the last one!!!

George

« Reply #411 on: October 02, 2007, 06:46:26 PM »

And now, my work here is done. :)

It's time for me to leave for rehearsal.  Last night and tonight, we're rough blocking the show...very rough blocking.  Our music director/composer is not here for these two nights, so we have time to work on the staging.

Until later!!

Samantha

« Reply #412 on: October 02, 2007, 06:46:28 PM »

Yes, she did.  Stay tuned to your inbox.

will do

Ginny

« Reply #413 on: October 02, 2007, 06:46:58 PM »

Love DR Samantha's new avatar!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #414 on: October 02, 2007, 06:47:57 PM »

Love DR Samantha's new avatar!

Lovely!

Samantha

« Reply #415 on: October 02, 2007, 06:48:15 PM »

Thank you!!! Cil took the picture. I think the actual picture looks like I was photo-shopped into it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #416 on: October 02, 2007, 06:49:29 PM »

Sam it's posted a couple pages back, don't know if you saw it

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #417 on: October 02, 2007, 06:51:21 PM »

I love me some Singapore Chow Fun! I'll have to try that next time.

I have found that it's best to go with at least 4 people so you can get a taste of several different items!

There was a Japanese family who came in while I was there.  Mother-Father/Wife-Husband, two-year old son, and Grandmother.  I overheard what they ordered: 2 orders of the Soup Dumplings (one pork, one crab), plus soups for everyone, and one pork, one beef and one seafood dish.  And sure enough, once all the food started to arrive, their reactions were priceless.  A true chorus of "Ooohs" and "Aaahhs" with a touch of surprise.  ;)

*And listening to their two-year old son talk and sing in Japanese was sooooo cute.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #418 on: October 02, 2007, 06:51:21 PM »

EMMY BUZZ

LATIMESder Brucer

Chuck reminds of a takeoff on Best Buy... That is the way it strikes me..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #419 on: October 02, 2007, 06:52:06 PM »

My take on the Plaza cake - they unveiled it before 5pm and probably didn't cut it until 3 or 4 hours later.  I'm not sure I'd want to eat a cake that had sat out in the soot of Manhattan rush hour for that long  :P

The tour guide who took us past the Plaza today asked if anyone had attended the event last night.  She didn't seem impressed when I told her that we'd been at the rehearsal.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Up