Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: A DAY TO BE RECKONED WITH  (Read 89390 times)

Cillaliz

Re:A DAY TO BE RECKONED WITH
« Reply #300 on: October 03, 2007, 01:43:42 PM »

Well, after that burst of energy it's time for me to go feed the girls and get ready to go to Women's Night Out.  It  starts at 4:30 PM more like women skip out of work early day.  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #301 on: October 03, 2007, 01:45:45 PM »

Cool photo Cilla.  It is somewhat difficult to read.  Does that matter?  I'm very much looking forward to seeing your website.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #302 on: October 03, 2007, 01:52:11 PM »

Why is my heart marooned without you
The sun goes down
My dreams begin their refrain
I call to whatever holds you
My beloved
I wait and I wait

Why is my heart marooned without you
A tiny light upon the sea
My heart is so afraid
You have broken away
Tell me, darling, I pray
You will come to me soon

-- lyrics by John Patrick Shanley

This is the reason I love this movie....the lovely musical score....and the beautiful images that go along with this song....  :D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #303 on: October 03, 2007, 01:52:58 PM »

"I tell you one thing, I'm going to take this luggage with me every place I go."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 01:53:26 PM by JRand57 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #304 on: October 03, 2007, 02:11:19 PM »

No, but someone's cruising for not surviving the trip.

That's for sure. I know who *I* want to kick the bucket.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 02:11:47 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #305 on: October 03, 2007, 02:12:47 PM »

Guess I'll head down now for more CSI: NY.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #306 on: October 03, 2007, 02:16:18 PM »

Congratulations DR Edi.
We had planned our first watching of "S & V" last night but I'd stored it away too carfully - thus we watched Sokurov's "Father and Son".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #307 on: October 03, 2007, 02:23:56 PM »

Yes, "Joe vs. the Volcano" is a fun movie...even with its flaws.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #308 on: October 03, 2007, 02:25:39 PM »

And nothing like a sappy/cheesy lyric to make me feel all warm and touchy-feely.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Miss Karen

« Reply #309 on: October 03, 2007, 02:59:30 PM »

And nothing like a sappy/cheesy lyric to make me feel all warm and touchy-feely.

Okay, DR JRand ~ What's up in the universe?  Uranus must have collided with something (I mean the planet  ;) ;) you naughty HHWers...) cause Ben and Ant are able to ration Levain cookies over several days, SillyString passes on a piece of Monkey Cake (from the Enabler, no less), Mr. Me is acting all warm and fuzzy while DR ELmo is acting tersely snarky (or is that snarkily terse?) and Cilla needs Legally Blonde for motivation?  What are your planetary euphemisms showing on the charts?  Something is askew (Age of Aquarius music in the background...)

Miss Karen

« Reply #310 on: October 03, 2007, 03:11:28 PM »

DR Jane, that's Monkey Bread.  Monkey Cake is more like carrot cake. It has pineapple in it, I heard that much from the guy at Amy's Bread

It looks a lot like carrot cake at first glance -- but when you examine it closely, it looks more like banana nut bread -- and tastes a lot like banana nut bread to me but with the addition of the pineapple. The icing is a lot like the cream cheese icing on carrot cake, but it seemed to me to have a hint of something like lemon or pineapple in it.

Whatever it is, it's delicious! SO, I think the pod people have taken over SillyString too,  like they did Ben and Ant, since he was able to say no to the Enabler.  Some wills have definitely been bent is all I'm saying ...

Miss Karen

« Reply #311 on: October 03, 2007, 03:16:06 PM »

Congrats to Dear Edi and Peter!!!

DITTO!  Plus, a Hip-Hip-Hooray!!  And a "Way to Go!" thrown in for good measure!!

(Edi ~ You Go Girl!)

Miss Karen

« Reply #312 on: October 03, 2007, 03:17:03 PM »

Mini-Frenzy -- where's Mr. Mini-Me when I need 'im?!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #313 on: October 03, 2007, 03:23:52 PM »

I still have to catch up on yesterday's posts and this morning's notes -- so I may be a while.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Miss Karen

« Reply #314 on: October 03, 2007, 03:43:53 PM »

DR ELmo ~ All your advice is on the money (even if you're having pipe problems that are causing you to be terse -- we love you anyway) -- but Case told me while I was in NYC that he did send the dates and times of the Brain shows to your contact several weeks before opening, and then I know that he followed up with a packet to the guy that contained his headshot, resume, reel and a postcard highlighting the show's dates/times about a week before opening night.  Then he mailed a packet the day we walked DR Jeanne back to Penn Station to some female agent that had been at the show and requested his info.  The Michael C. guy who cast the show came to see it while I was there and talked with Case and BJ after the show he attended, giving them his card and requesting info and Case is sending him a packet. Then he sent a packet to a NYC casting agent who is the niece of a guy with HBO who is a close friend of my DH's sister in LA about a week before opening. Then DR Jose took us by this agency on Monday during his walking tour where he had to pick up some music and asked for an agent who he knew, but who was out. But Jose had taken chocolates for the folks in the office and the gals we talked with loved the Enabler's gifts and he introduced Cason to two of them and they said they knew about the show and that one of them would attend. But you're right, they should be calling and knocking on doors constantly. You can lead a horse to water, but ....

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #315 on: October 03, 2007, 03:55:07 PM »

Miss Karen, it is interesting to read about Cason's activities in NY. :)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #316 on: October 03, 2007, 03:57:39 PM »

Congrats to Dear Edi and Peter!!!

Peter wrote and said that this is essentially the "best historical film" award from the country's biggest historical organization. I wasn't familiar with it, but a friend who is a college history professor was trying to get us to present the film at the conference last year, which was here in Atlanta. So I'm glad that they will be able to see it after all!

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #317 on: October 03, 2007, 03:59:04 PM »

Wow DR Edisaurus, congrats!!

I do hope you noticed my raves about S and V a couple of weeks back!

Yes, and thank you to all you DR's for your congratulations. And Peter is glad that you find Sacco attractive as well! (Vanzetti is more my type...) ;)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #318 on: October 03, 2007, 04:02:01 PM »

In addition to Les Miz, I saw delightful quotes from Evita and Ragtime. The joy is that they are not just "nods" but creatively integrated into the show.

I loved Joe Jackson waving the little American flag with both arms as if it were a huge, heavy flag, as I presume it was in Les Miz (never saw the show). It was a very funny visual. Was that in the LA show?

Edisaurus

« Reply #319 on: October 03, 2007, 04:05:26 PM »

In addition to Les Miz, I saw delightful quotes from Evita and Ragtime. The joy is that they are not just "nods" but creatively integrated into the show.

And Bye Bye Birdie: Mother? Mom? Mommy!!!

And even though I've never seen ACL (I know, I missed my chance last week!) I can imagine the dance moves, and also what I imagine to be Fosse moves. I think you can tell that something is being parodied and even if I don't know what, it makes me laugh anyway!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #320 on: October 03, 2007, 04:09:22 PM »

Surprise, surprise-not….

Through August, more than 25 percent of flights have arrived late — the industry's worst on-time performance since comparable data began being collected in 1995.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20071003/ap_tr_ge/travel_brief_airline_delays;_ylt=ArOaLKoHppzOGVG2pgaRZ36s0NUE

Of course that is to be expected - the growth in flights has exceeded the growth in airport capacity. Folks have to learn to have more patience or support more growth in capacity.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #321 on: October 03, 2007, 04:10:46 PM »

I have to head out now for SUCH GOOD FRIENDS.  I'm very sleepy, and wish now that I'd opted for the earlier performance today.  Still, I'm looking forward to it.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #322 on: October 03, 2007, 04:12:35 PM »

Mini-Frenzy -- where's Mr. Mini-Me when I need 'im?!

Out doing preventive maintenance on my Ms. Snarkie radar!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #323 on: October 03, 2007, 04:15:21 PM »

Peter wrote and said that this is essentially the "best historical film" award from the country's biggest historical organization. I wasn't familiar with it, but a friend who is a college history professor was trying to get us to present the film at the conference last year, which was here in Atlanta. So I'm glad that they will be able to see it after all!

Congratulations!!!!

Well deserved!!!  

VIBES that  S & V becomes required viewing 1in History classes in schools ALL over the country and you sell out and have to reprint more dvds!!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #324 on: October 03, 2007, 04:16:22 PM »

Miss Karen, it is interesting to read about Cason's activities in NY. :)

Yes, it is.

What Cason needs is his own "people"...a "posse", of sorts, to ensure he's seen by movers and shakers.

I do get it that he's young and wants fun in his life, too.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #325 on: October 03, 2007, 04:16:43 PM »

I have to head out now for SUCH GOOD FRIENDS.  I'm very sleepy, and wish now that I'd opted for the earlier performance today.  Still, I'm looking forward to it.

Hacve fun at Such Good Friends!  My brother just emailed me that  is going to go in on Saturday and catch Such Good Friends and The Last Starfighter  
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #326 on: October 03, 2007, 04:17:07 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from Mary Poppins rehearsal...  The A/C unit in the room was broken...  Thankfully, it was "cooler" today, but still...  We got the final bit of reviewing done, and then the girls are back on stage tomorrow the cast, and they start shadowing tonight during the show.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #327 on: October 03, 2007, 04:17:39 PM »

"Pushing Daisies" and "Life" are my evening's plans.

All else is chaff....

So...where IS singdaw?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #328 on: October 03, 2007, 04:18:19 PM »

Isn't it about time we got to page 12?

I mean...REALLY!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #329 on: October 03, 2007, 04:18:36 PM »

DR elmore - The "accident" or whatever it was that closed down four blocks of 8th Avenue started to clear up a few minutes after I called you.  Hopefully, you won't have any travel woes heading down to 55th Street.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17   Go Up