Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: A DAY TO BE RECKONED WITH  (Read 89326 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:A DAY TO BE RECKONED WITH
« Reply #360 on: October 03, 2007, 04:44:06 PM »

There's been no real date set.  Yes.  And, frankly, I'd still like to take my time making way to the podium as it were.  I also think it would be one of those deals where I'd probably conduct a put-in rehearsal during the day, and then be on-call at night for any emergencies that may arise.  We'll see.  I still need to play a few shows in the pit, and that won't happen for another two weeks or so.

Alas, although I am honored - and humbled - that Brad asked me to come on board, the show is still not settling in all that well to my hands and head.  It just may not be "my show", so...  Once the two new girls have gotten their first shows out the way over the next two weeks, then we can start talking about my first shows as a pit pianist and a conductor.

head and hands vibes!!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #361 on: October 03, 2007, 04:44:59 PM »

[size=8]THIRTEEN[/size][/glow]
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #362 on: October 03, 2007, 04:51:44 PM »

DR Jose, VIBES, VIBES, VIBES  you soon feel comfortable with Poppins!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #363 on: October 03, 2007, 04:54:30 PM »

This afternoon, I wanted to go to The Wooden Indian and see if I could get some Fortnam & Mason teas.
 Unfortunately, they do not carry them. They did have:

Cranberry-Mustard
Rhubarb-Raspberry Jam
Balsamic with Bleu Cheese with Walnuts Dressing
Vidalisa Onion & Poppyseed Salad Dressing
Cran-Orange Preserves
Cavendar's All Purpose Greek Seasoning

So there went the best part of $30.

They had a pepper jelly - but it didn't look like the best.
They had a recipe for a great spread using cream cheese and Hot Pepper Raspberyy Preserves - of which they had none in stock!

So, on the way home we dropped into Pepper's to get some Pepper Jelly:

I got:

Hot Pepper Raspberry Preserves
Bone Suckin' Mustard
Raspberry Honey Mustard Pretzel Dip

To which Woody added:

Maker's Mark Gourmet Sauce
Cholula Seasoning
Colon Cleanser Hot Sauce
Hot Pepper Berry Patch Preserves
Siracha HOT Chili Suuce
Tabasco Sweet & Spicy sauce

And there went anothe $80!

OY!

der Brucer

Still no tea!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 04:58:50 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #364 on: October 03, 2007, 04:59:15 PM »

OK you Southin' guys and gals:

Family Crisis; I insisted on buying catfish (@4.99/lb) as opposed to Flounder/Rock Fish/Shark/Salmon at twice that price. Now I would think a soak in egg, and dredge thru flower and a pop in the fry pan would work (maybe some cornmeal mixed in with the flour - and french fries. Mr "Never Do Anything" easy is now talking some batter dipping and deep-fat frying - and hush puppies (which required a return trip to the store for Buttermilk) are on the impending menu.) Of course I added to the menu cost by insisting on Avacado for my green salad).

der Brucer

Pan fryin's good enough fer me....but the thought o' them hushpuppies has got me droolin' like a hound dawg on a hot summer afternoon.

I say let S. Woody do it his way...and enjoy the hushpuppies.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 05:01:22 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #365 on: October 03, 2007, 05:01:29 PM »

head and hands vibes!!!!

Thanks, DR vixmom and Jane.   -Although, I think it's just more a matter of "fit" rather than "vibes".  I'm far enough in my career to know when I should consider turning down a project.  And, trust me, after my first few days of rehearsals, I was almost ready to say, "If you'd like me to leave..."  I just did not want to leave the rehearsal room/theatre feeling bad about myself, my skills, and knowing that I might have held up rehearsals in the process... Again.  I may not have let on about it at the time, but I really did feel like crap after my first couple of days.

There are some parts of this show that I readily and easily understood, but there are still parts that for whatever reason just aren't living in me yet.  There's a difference between working hard on a project, and having a project that's hard to work on.  I have a feeling things will work out, but just not as fast and as easily, as intuitively and instinctively, as other shows and projects I've worked on in the past.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #366 on: October 03, 2007, 05:03:38 PM »

Again! (Brain reference) -- just in case you missed it when bk posted it, not just because I want you to read the part about Cason, again!  ;) .... dang, why couldn't this blogger have been a casting agent and handed Boo-Key a card and told him "Call me. I have a role for you!"

If that is all it takes, I'll hand him a card and tell him. "I have a roll for you!"
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #367 on: October 03, 2007, 05:03:57 PM »

DR Ben, I laud your willpower.  Those cookies would be gone in a flash in our house!  :)

Singdaw, I also applaud his willpower!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #368 on: October 03, 2007, 05:04:44 PM »

Good evening,

Catching up on today's posts
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #369 on: October 03, 2007, 05:05:02 PM »

Congrats to RLP on his new plateau!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #370 on: October 03, 2007, 05:06:52 PM »

Early this morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

Stunning photograph Laura...

You are very talented!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #371 on: October 03, 2007, 05:07:52 PM »

We're good eggs, we are!  :)

.... and not cracked at all.... :)

(  SNark!  )

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #372 on: October 03, 2007, 05:07:56 PM »

Just now I was in my backyard, and I saw this butterfly laying eggs on the passion vine:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #373 on: October 03, 2007, 05:08:42 PM »

Just now I was in my backyard, and I saw this butterfly laying eggs on the passion vine:

Beautiful Laura...

Have you ever considered publishing your photos?

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #374 on: October 03, 2007, 05:10:49 PM »

No, but I did use them for the children's story at church on Sunday. I wrote a story called "Who Lives at the Pond?" to go along with the water theme that the guest speaker used. Although DR Sandra tells me it was not a story, as it had no story arc.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #375 on: October 03, 2007, 05:11:18 PM »

Back from rehearsal, meetings, and many telephonic calls and e-mails.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #376 on: October 03, 2007, 05:12:24 PM »

Rehearsal went well - we put in three new people and they'll be just fine.  We have one more full-out rehearsal next Monday, then the troupe is off to five different European countries to perform at army bases and naval bases.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #377 on: October 03, 2007, 05:13:21 PM »

You must be aliens -- pod people!  There is no way humanly possible that three Levain cookies could have made it home intact!  I kept waiting to read that when you got home and Ant was asleep that you ate them all ... you put them in the frig?!!  Then I thought you'd write Ant ate them all while you were on the stationary bike and ... nothing ... then I thought you'd write that you found the bag empty the next morning after you went to bed early ... no, the 3 Levain cookies just stayed in the frig?! ... and then you write that you actually gave Ant half of the oatmeal one ... and that after eating one of them, the other two are still in the bag?!!  You and Ant must be from Planet X!!

I am amazed also... I would have absolutely no will power to let them last that long.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #378 on: October 03, 2007, 05:14:12 PM »

, as it had no story arc.

Hmmm, Noah's Ark?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #379 on: October 03, 2007, 05:14:42 PM »

The head of the Theatre Academy had is meeting with the people who've been dragging their feet - a long meeting, in which he explained our problems.  The root of all this is that this show should not have been funded in this way - unfortunately it's too late to do anything about it.  He was assured strongly by several people that the check had been approved and would be here by Monday.  He felt confident enough to tell me to not cancel, and that's the decision I've made.  We now have an unbelievably amazing amount of work to do, but I actually miscounted the weeks and we really have four-and-a-half, not the three-and-a-half I thought we had.

Jane

« Reply #380 on: October 03, 2007, 05:15:20 PM »

DR Jose- Whatever is making this difficult needs vibes to overcome it so I think the vibes still fit.  Do you enjoy the music?  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #381 on: October 03, 2007, 05:15:42 PM »

Re: Levain. I try to limit my sugar intake, but I gotta tell ya, these babies are not only fabulous, they are TOTALLY addictive. My two didn't last long at all.

I hearby call the first meeting of Levain withdrawal support group!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #382 on: October 03, 2007, 05:17:04 PM »

Why not do THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X as the Fundraiser....with the all-star cast you have assembled?

Hey that is an idea, and Cason and Alet can join in!

Jane

« Reply #383 on: October 03, 2007, 05:17:04 PM »

Bruce, an extra week & a guarantee of money-not bad. :)  Best of luck!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 05:17:27 PM by Jane »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #384 on: October 03, 2007, 05:17:33 PM »

Plumbing vibes to Elmore!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #385 on: October 03, 2007, 05:17:44 PM »

Vibes to Jose!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #386 on: October 03, 2007, 05:17:56 PM »

Then, on top of everything that's been going on, we get a phone call from an alum and supporter who received one of the 1500 flyers that just went out.  These were all folded and stuffed into envelopes by one of our board member's five high school classes.  Well, in the margin of this particular flyer, either in pen or Xerox, was written "f*ck ur life" by some charming little punk.  Of course, panic set in and the board member was called but she wasn't home (is anyone EVER home when you need them?).  But we talked to two other people who got their flyer, and theirs were clean, so in the best case scenario, we're praying this was a one-off thing - in the worst case scenario we're praying it was only one batch of flyers - clearly it wasn't all of them.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #387 on: October 03, 2007, 05:20:08 PM »

BK, I would guess that the majority of the audience for THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X felt the way that last reviewer felt....and it is nice to see DR Cason being mentioned so many times in pretty much every review! You go, guy!

You echoed my thoughts also.

A friend of mine who saw the show was very impressed and really liked Cason in the role as Zubrick. She was there the first night.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #388 on: October 03, 2007, 05:22:26 PM »

Ahhh....a SWEET revenge, then....

;D

I used the Brain to drown out my neighbors Nirvana CD

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #389 on: October 03, 2007, 05:24:26 PM »

Oh, sure! Now that we're gone, there IS Monkey Cake!

;D

Go Figure!! :)

I would love to try some. I had never heard of it until Jose mentioned it oneday
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Up