Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: DJT LEKNT LAKEUT EIT EH  (Read 76733 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:DJT LEKNT LAKEUT EIT EH
« Reply #180 on: October 04, 2007, 01:42:42 PM »

I didn't begin as a big fan of 30 ROCK last season but I grew to like it a lot more as the season progressed and the emphasis shifted away somewhat from Tracy Morgan who irritates me.

I still think THE OFFICE or UGLY BETTY deserved the Best Comedy Emmy, but I'll continue watching 30 ROCK this year.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #181 on: October 04, 2007, 01:42:50 PM »

DR JOSE is a Flappapino and he didn't mention it today.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #182 on: October 04, 2007, 01:43:35 PM »

"I am mortally offended by the statement because it betrayed the racial prejudice and denigrates the excellent performance of world-class Filipino doctors in the US," said Senator Miriam Santiago, whose sister is a doctor working in Los Angeles.

Mortally offended?

I guess that was her FINAL word on the subject!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #183 on: October 04, 2007, 01:43:44 PM »

I didn't begin as a big fan of 30 ROCK last season but I grew to like it a lot more as the season progressed and the emphasis shifted away somewhat from Tracy Morgan who irritates me.

I still think THE OFFICE or UGLY BETTY deserved the Best Comedy Emmy, but I'll continue watching 30 ROCK this year.

LOL....I would watch Tracy Morgan before I would watch Tina Fey....horse racing.  8)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #184 on: October 04, 2007, 01:44:03 PM »

DR JOSE is a Flappapino and he didn't mention it today.

He checks those diplomas, too....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: October 04, 2007, 01:45:15 PM »

Page Seven Draco Malfoy Dance!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #186 on: October 04, 2007, 01:45:53 PM »

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

NBC has put a show I don't like (30 Rock) in between two cars I do like (My Name Is Earl and The Office).

I mostly don't like 30 Rock because of the people in it (Tina Fey in particular bugs me) and the conceit of the premise....an NBC show about an NBC show...

So....I will watch Ugly Betty or Smallville.

Horseracing, DR Jrand57!  I think THE OFFICE is okay, I love 30 ROCK, and I can't stand MY NAME IS EARL.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: October 04, 2007, 01:47:05 PM »

Well, I'm heading down now to clean the bedroom areas. Since we went out for doughnuts this morning, I didn't have time to do it then.

Then, it's back to viewing for the evening.

WBBL.

MBarnum

« Reply #188 on: October 04, 2007, 02:02:47 PM »

I love THE OFFICE! I tell you, last weeks season openner had me laughing so hard I almost fell off the davenport!

My Name Is Earl I have never gotten through an entire episode..not that I tried all that hard...and 30 Rock, I have seen just a bit off, was sort of intrigued, but didn't want to get hooked on another show so I did not continue to watch.

MBarnum

« Reply #189 on: October 04, 2007, 02:02:59 PM »

So there.

MBarnum

« Reply #190 on: October 04, 2007, 02:03:29 PM »

My horse raced.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: October 04, 2007, 02:13:25 PM »

Back from rehearsal, at which we had a total of three of the eight ensemble members - I'se not happy and have read the riot act to those who needed to hear it - hopefully tomorrow we will have a full room.

FJL

« Reply #192 on: October 04, 2007, 02:14:24 PM »

TCB - There are things about the showcase process that I can't really talk about, but every now and then I need to vent about them, so my way of venting is just to say there is nothing I can say and leave it at that.  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: October 04, 2007, 02:14:39 PM »

Another cast member of the fundraiser has dropped out - typical and I actually was expecting it - Misty Cotton.  Feh.  We've got bigger fish to fry.  And we had the cautiously optimistic news that Mr. Alan Menken may be attending the show.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: October 04, 2007, 02:15:39 PM »

I just had an irritating phone call from the EG Cartel.  Let's leave it at that.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 02:19:21 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #195 on: October 04, 2007, 02:15:43 PM »

When I say there is nothing I can say, imagine a deafening primal scream  :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #196 on: October 04, 2007, 02:19:07 PM »

Here it is:  THE OFFICIAL SWEENEY TODD MOVIE TRAILER!

I can't view from here at work.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]SWEENEY SPOILER!!!!!!!!!![/size][/move]

The chair tips back and the victims go down the chute on their backs head first! :o

;D

Also, Johnny Depp seems to whisper a lot as Sweeney. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #197 on: October 04, 2007, 02:24:43 PM »

The plumber has arrived, assessed the kitchen sink problems, fixed what he could, told me he was recommending a new sink - after 27 years here I could use one! - and departed....

A-HA!  Didn't I tell you yesterday you'd probably get a new sink out of this ordeal?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: October 04, 2007, 02:26:18 PM »

I watched the trailer - who knows if the film itself will be good, but the trailer, like ALL trailers today, is crap from start to finish, filled with loud music (the first half not even by Mr. Sondheim), overcutting, all that inane whispering that actors do today in lieu of actually giving a performance (as George also pointed out above), exactly two lines of sung music (and not really, since it's Epiphany, which is spoken/sung) and CGI bursting from every shot.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: October 04, 2007, 02:26:37 PM »

I've been calling performers.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #200 on: October 04, 2007, 02:29:37 PM »

It seems out of character for the writers on "Heroes" to resort to a "leave-a-hole-where-there-shouldn't-be-a-hole" just to advance a plot line."

IMO, of course...

I totally agree.  There is only so much disbelief you can suspend. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #201 on: October 04, 2007, 02:30:07 PM »

DH Richard and I are back from a lovely jaunt to Bloomingdale's.  On the way I bought a pair of shoes - the black version of some Aerosoles that I have in beige and like a lot.  At Bloomie's we had a light lunch and I bought cosmetics for myself, my niece, and Rob's girlfriend, and some candy treats to take home to coworkers and relatives.  We stopped at Border's on 57th & Park where I purchased my next 3 book group books:

Eat, Pray, Love
Best Friends
Three Cups of Tea

We are now home relaxing and awaiting the call from our friends that they are here to pick us up, on foot, for our dinner engagement.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2007, 02:32:32 PM »

...The Vixter has not yet studied this era of history and was shocked by the storyline.  She wanted to know how you "made this up", and was shocked all over again when I explained that the McCarthy hearings had actually happened.
She's far from alone.  I've mentioned Noel's show to some of my coworkers, and those who are a generation (or more) younger than myself have greeted my explanation of the plot with blank expressions.  I can understand Vixter being in the dark, but some of these kids are almost thirty years old, hardly kids any more.   :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #203 on: October 04, 2007, 02:33:32 PM »

Bumper sticker spotted yesterday:

If it's tourist season...
...why can't we shoot them?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #204 on: October 04, 2007, 02:34:10 PM »

And, on a t-shirt:

Compost Happens.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #205 on: October 04, 2007, 02:38:45 PM »

the 50th anniversary of Sputnik!
It's our time.  Breath it in.
Worlds to change and worlds to win.
Our turn coming through,
Me and you, man,
Me and you.

Sheer coincidence, that der Brucer and I had this on the car CD player on our way home Sunday night.

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2007, 02:44:46 PM »

DR elmore3003, glad to hear things are looking up.

DR Cillaliz, thanks for your wonderful research and the recipes.  I'm not sure I can afford your hourly billing rate; how much do we need to send to YOUR Paypal account?  ;)

I will accept payment in Levain Cookies  ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2007, 02:49:26 PM »

I love THE OFFICE! I tell you, last weeks season openner had me laughing so hard I almost fell off the davenport!

dav·en·port (dvn-pôrt, -prt)
n.
1. A large sofa, often convertible into a bed.
2. A small desk.

;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2007, 02:50:01 PM »

When I say there is nothing I can say, imagine a deafening primal scream  :)

What?  I can't hear you....some god awful scream just came through my computer speakers...

Cillaliz

« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2007, 02:50:30 PM »

dav·en·port (dvn-pôrt, -prt)
n.
1. A large sofa, often convertible into a bed.
2. A small desk.

;D

A city in eastern Iowa
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up