Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: SPEEDING  (Read 67565 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:SPEEDING
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2007, 10:24:46 AM »

I remember a lovely solo album titled "Italiannette"

For this page 4 dance.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 10:26:08 AM by JRand57 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2007, 10:26:20 AM »

Hmmmmm the picture won't show up.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2007, 10:26:46 AM »

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2007, 10:27:59 AM »

DR Ginny, it was great to meet you and HahahahahaRichard in NY. I hope by the time you read this you will be home after a safe and uneventful (and prompt) trip to Ohio.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2007, 10:28:39 AM »

And I loved MusicGuy's pictures from yesterday!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2007, 10:29:13 AM »

DR SWW - As far as finding pink t-shirts right now... Well, since we are in now in the season known as Fall - even though it still feels like Summer - I suspect a lot of the pink shirts have been put away or sold at Clearance.  But, really, no pink t-shirts at Old Navy?  Hmm....  Is there a Hello, Kitty store near you?  ;)

*I'd also check Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Macy's, etc., since I'm guessing Jerzees, Champion, etc., may have pink t-shirts still available - but they may be in the "active wear" section of the store.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2007, 10:32:37 AM »

And since it is Sunday... And since this was just sent to me... How about some Sunday Morning Comics...

Here's Will Ferrell's original version:

George Bush On Global Warming

And here's another version of the same clip as told through the eyes - and lip-syncing lips - of a child  ;) :

George Bush (Jr.) On Global Warming
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2007, 10:40:21 AM »

While I was in NY, I was having some abdominal cramps, which I chalked up to eating a lot of weird food at weird hours. But when I got home, it continued. When I went to work Thursday it started really hurting. By Friday, I felt feverish at work and when I got home from work I had a temperature of 101. Not enough to be really sick but enough to make you feel crappy.

Saturday I woke up with a very sharp pain below my hipbone and my fever was even higher. So I went to the after hours care at Kaiser.

They took blood, and the technician stabbed me several times to find the vein. After she was in there, she then started moving the needle around. It hurt so bad I almost passed out.

The Dr. thinks it might be diverticulitis but they will have to do a CAT scan to be sure. I am now renouncing my evil ways and am going to make my health more of a priority. I have taken things for granted because I am so rarely sick and have only taken one sick day since I've been editing, but I have to realize that I am getting older and need to be taking better care of myself and not making work my #1 priority.

This morning I felt better after the drug (they gave me some strong pain meds but I'm going to stick with Ibuprophen for now) and was awakened by my little cat tugging on the cotton ball taped to my arm.

We got up and I told Greg about my blood-letting experience. He gently looked at my arm and then paraphrased a BRAIN line that made me laugh:

"Look at you, being probed and not found"!

LOL!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2007, 10:43:19 AM »

Woody, I think it would a lot less stressful and time consuming, if you just took enough T-shirts  that you need for the group and a box of Rit; and dyed all the shirts at the same time.

BTW (By the Way in internet lingo), thank you Jane for the beautiful photos of Ashland yesterday.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2007, 10:44:13 AM »

it looks like we came out of it with what will be a terrific stock and amateur licensing deal with a major company - we're hammering out the fine points now, but are very excited if it all works out.

GOOD VIBES!

FJL

« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2007, 10:47:16 AM »

Jrand - My fave of her album titles was HAWAIIANNETTE

Jane

« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2007, 10:47:53 AM »

Edi-GOOD HEALTH VIBES!!!

I didn't know a CAT scan can find diverticulitis.  I thought an internal exam was needed.  Will you have the test soon?

FEEL BETTER!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2007, 10:49:55 AM »

DR edisaurus - So, I guess some "Get Well Levain Cookies" would not be appropriate at this time?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2007, 10:52:36 AM »

Well... I just finished plugging in various gigs and bookings into my calendar, and, thankfully, at this point, I'm only double-booked for one day.  However, I may be triple-booked for another.  :-\  Thankfully, two of those three bookings came out of the same office, so, hopefully, the mistake was on their end and not mine.  -Yeah, that's the ticket.  *But I have also left the appropriate voicemail messages and sent the e-mails.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2007, 10:55:55 AM »

Jrand - My fave of her album titles was HAWAIIANNETTE

The Sherman brothers used to chide Ms Funicello that her next albums would be:

Kitchenette and Bassinette.  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2007, 10:56:13 AM »

Well... I just finished plugging in various gigs and bookings into my calendar, and, thankfully, at this point, I'm only double-booked for one day.  However, I may be triple-booked for another.  :-\  Thankfully, two of those three bookings came out of the same office, so, hopefully, the mistake was on their end and not mine.  -Yeah, that's the ticket.  *But I have also left the appropriate voicemail messages and sent the e-mails.

Are you singing Popular today?  8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2007, 10:56:39 AM »

Edi-GOOD HEALTH VIBES!!!

I didn't know a CAT scan can find diverticulitis.  I thought an internal exam was needed.  Will you have the test soon?

FEEL BETTER!

That seemed to be the result of a CAT scan my father had a couple of weeks ago.

Who knew?  :o

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2007, 10:58:25 AM »

Are you singing Popular today?  8)

Honey <takes a long drag on my cigarette> I sing that song every day.  <snap>

;)

Well, actually, I don't. But it's still nice knowing that my name is in the loop.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2007, 10:58:59 AM »

I have never had a CAT scan, unless having a large cat walking up and down your body counts. I'm trying to avoid that for the next few days!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2007, 11:02:18 AM »

The Sherman brothers used to chide Ms Funicello that her next albums would be:

Kitchenette and Bassinette.  ;D

:)

*And, actually, from what I hear, Richard Sherman is supposed to be checking in on Poppins in a week or two.  -Well, all the creatives are coming in over the next few weeks since it's been a year since the show opened.   **And, Richard Eyre, the director, just happens to be back in town when one of the new Jane Bank's goes on for the first time.  -No pressure there, eh?
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2007, 11:02:45 AM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2007, 11:04:07 AM »

DR Jose, you are such a temptress! But I'm going to be good, at least until things get better!

They did decide it wasn't an ovarian cyst. I kep thinking of the CLOSER episode when Brenda felt feverish and had abdonimal pain and they proposed "ovarian drilling". The phrase (uttered by S. Epatha Mererson) was so horrific that they repeated it in slow motion for comic affect.

I still don't know what that is, but I don't even want to think about it at the moment. At least this can be treated by antibiotics and anti-infectants (I had a high white blood cell count) and vicodin, if necessary (which shouldn't be..)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2007, 11:04:17 AM »

Well, if I'm to accomplish anything today, I guess I should make myself presentable, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2007, 11:05:47 AM »

Ooohhh...I just got invited to have dinner with James Ivory next week! So I much get better for that! Should be about 8 people or so. Any questions from anyone that you'd like to have worked into conversation?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2007, 11:07:05 AM »

DR Jose, you are such a temptress! But I'm going to be good, at least until things get better!

They did decide it wasn't an ovarian cyst. I kep thinking of the CLOSER episode when Brenda felt feverish and had abdonimal pain and they proposed "ovarian drilling". The phrase (uttered by S. Epatha Mererson) was so horrific that they repeated it in slow motion for comic affect.

I still don't know what that is, but I don't even want to think about it at the moment. At least this can be treated by antibiotics and anti-infectants (I had a high white blood cell count) and vicodin, if necessary (which shouldn't be..)

Well, for a few moments there, I thought you were going to tell us that you ended up having an emergency appendectomy and that you were posting from your hospital room, but, thankfully, that was not the case.

However, I remember when Steve's father was diagnosed with diverticulitis, it was quite interesting going over the list of "good" and "bad" foods since some of the "bad" foods seemed like treats to me.  :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 11:08:50 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2007, 11:10:20 AM »

Well... I'm dawdling, and we all know that Mary Poppins does not like dawdling, so...  Once again...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2007, 11:14:11 AM »

Ooohhh...I just got invited to have dinner with James Ivory next week! So I much get better for that! Should be about 8 people or so. Any questions from anyone that you'd like to have worked into conversation?

Yep! Whatever happened to their announced production of Thomas  Keneally's wonderful novel THE PLAYMAKER? It was made into a mediocre play by Timberlake Wertenbaker, Our Country's Good, but the novel is a wonderful book I recommend to everyone.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2007, 11:14:37 AM »

Love LATERS straight to the heart
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 11:15:33 AM by ArnoldMBrockman »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2007, 11:15:58 AM »

Well, you can send the Vicodin to me.  I have been taking them so often lately, that I have started storing them in a Whitman's Sampler box.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2007, 11:18:56 AM »

They did decide it wasn't an ovarian cyst.

Then you did have one internal test-yes?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up