Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: TIME IS THE GREAT LEVELER  (Read 83636 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:TIME IS THE GREAT LEVELER
« Reply #180 on: October 11, 2007, 01:43:58 PM »

Need to do some writing and then will be back on the net in a little while.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #181 on: October 11, 2007, 01:46:41 PM »

Page Seven Harry Potter Dance!!!

Ginny

« Reply #182 on: October 11, 2007, 01:49:06 PM »

Don't remember who asked earlier this week about the movie Across the Universe, but I wanted to mention that I'd seen:

Julie Taymor on Oprah talking about Across the Universe
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2007, 02:12:08 PM »

COLUMNIST ANN COULTER SHOCKS CABLE TV SHOW, DECLARING 'JEWS NEED TO BE PERFECTED BY BECOMING CHRISTIANS'

Slash-and-burn columnist Ann Coulter shocked a cable TV talk-show audience Monday when she declared that Jews need to be "perfected" by becoming Christians, and that America would be better off if everyone were Christian.

She has turned "jumping the shark" into an art form!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2007, 02:19:54 PM »

Having an interesting exchange with the head of NYMF.  He asked for feedback, and he got it - 2500 words from me.  One wonders how many he got back from BK, and how many of them are printable on a family-friendly site!
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #185 on: October 11, 2007, 02:31:05 PM »

Having an interesting exchange with the head of NYMF.  He asked for feedback, and he got it - 2500 words from me.  

Did you soften the blow by setting them to music?

der Brucer

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #186 on: October 11, 2007, 02:31:48 PM »

Welcome home, Elan. Love the photo of you and the baby. We love photos around here, you know.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: October 11, 2007, 02:32:02 PM »

OK. Off now to rejoin Moose and Squirrel.

WBBL.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #188 on: October 11, 2007, 02:32:20 PM »

Ms Clark, as you know, won a Tony for her affected affecting performance in THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA and her investment in a lot of good PR.  This leads to another LITP performer, David Burnham, who just called me with a job and who is now my new best friend.

Great news on the new job! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #189 on: October 11, 2007, 02:33:31 PM »

An Administrative Assistant of Northwest Folklife emailed about travel arrangements for my interview... wow, it may actually be a very classy operation!! I always loved the Festival, and now I'm gonna love the interview. They offered overnight accommodations for the Friday and Saturday eves I'll be there - so I don't have to shlep back and forth from the cabin in this weather. How very nice of them!

~~~Successful Interview Vibes for PennyO!!~~~

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #190 on: October 11, 2007, 02:50:40 PM »

You mean you LIKED the stretched to the gills Davis Gaines?!?!?!?  I normally love Davis' work, but, I can't watch his Anthony at all, someone should have found a better plastic surgeon. . .
And, I'll take Victoria Clark over Audra in this particular role, though, it would be interesting to see/hear Audra doing THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA.

A few years ago, Audra did a live concert that was broadcast on the Internet and she sang the title song to "The Light in the Piazza."  She sang it beautifully...if you like Audra ;) which I do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #191 on: October 11, 2007, 02:51:08 PM »

DakotaCelt!  Your package arrived today.  Thank you so much.  I can't wait to try them both out.  And I really love the notepad!

Thank you again.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #192 on: October 11, 2007, 02:53:30 PM »

You and your sister had TROUBLE?!?! Were you in River City?

No...it just followed us everywhere! ;)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #193 on: October 11, 2007, 02:56:38 PM »

Welcome home, Elan. Love the photo of you and the baby. We love photos around here, you know.

Especially those that show nature in all its elegance and grace:

der Brucer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #194 on: October 11, 2007, 02:57:17 PM »

Hey, gang! I'm an old-time Kimlet/Hainesie who has been away for far too long. Don't know if I'll be able to drop in on a regular basis, but wanted to at least give a quick wave and say "hi!"

Nice to see you back, Elan!
“One thing’s universal,

td

• td
« Reply #195 on: October 11, 2007, 03:10:13 PM »

A few years ago, Audra did a live concert that was broadcast on the Internet and she sang the title song to "The Light in the Piazza."  She sang it beautifully...if you like Audra ;) which I do.

I really don't have anything against Audra, I've seen her onstage in RAGTIME and in concert, BUT there are some roles which she is totally wrong for, The Beggar Woman in SWEENEY and Lizzie in 100 IN THE SHADE for starters...
On of the highlights of Audra singing in concert is her rendition of Frank Loesser's "Can't Stop Talkin' (about that man)."
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #196 on: October 11, 2007, 03:10:24 PM »

TOD

My top choice should be MONOPOLY since I shelled out $1500.00 for the collector's edition complete with glass top, table and four matching chairs.  Unfortunately, no one I know likes to play the game.

Other choices:

LIFE
PARCHESI
SORRY
SCATEGORIES - which is not as kinky as it sounds.
And I always wanted tp play DREAM DATE, but it was only for girls
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

« Reply #197 on: October 11, 2007, 03:12:37 PM »

ASSOCIATED PRESS

'BULLIED' HOME SCHOOLER ARRESTED AFTER COPS FIND WEAPONS CACHE IN PENNSYLVANIA

The weapons found included a 9 mm assault rifle that the teenager's mother had recently bought for him, Castor said. Police also found about 30 air-powered guns, plus swords, knives, hand grenades, a bomb-making book, videos of the 1999 Columbine attack in Colorado and violence-filled notebooks. The weapons were plainly visible in the boy's bedroom, Castor said.

Authorities also found one working hand grenade and three others that were still being assembled.

Can we say Mom is an Enabler?

I shudder to think what that home-schooling syllabus looks like.

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #198 on: October 11, 2007, 03:14:05 PM »

Good Afternoon!  Good Evening!

It's raining in NYC.  A good soaking rain.  And I have the soaking wet sneakers, jeans and book-bag to prove it!  Thankfully, I had my umbrella with me, so at least most of myself stayed dry.  But, yes, it's raining.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #199 on: October 11, 2007, 03:18:32 PM »

Well, watch out for the lemmings swimming up the streets, Jose.  

They'll nip at your ankles.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #200 on: October 11, 2007, 03:19:48 PM »

...And I had heard the UPS man come this morning, but wasn't sure what or to whom he was delivering.  Well... It appears "the roomie" has bought an 8-bottle Wine Fridge for the apartment.  Of course, the box and all the packing materials are "around" the kitchen table, and I'm thinking the fridge unit itself is probably in her room - which is really the only place it could go.

*Of course, we only ever keep 2-4 bottles of wine in the apartment at a time... And we never really buy anything that "demands" temperature-controlled storage.  So...  -And this is on top of the new bed frame, the new bedroom curtains and some new bedroom furniture, so...  The rest of us talked a bit about all of this last night, and if it turns out that "SURPRISE!" he will be staying here for a while, well...  As bk would say: Karma, baby, Karma!
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: October 11, 2007, 03:20:18 PM »

ASSOCIATED PRESS
Can we say Mom is an Enabler?

der Brucer

I saw this info on the news today and thought, what kind of screwed up family is that! The parents should be tried for the shootings.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #202 on: October 11, 2007, 03:20:31 PM »

I've been spending my day "adapting" to the new Windows Vista -- Business upgrade that was installed on my hard drive yesterday afternoon.

T'aint bad, McGee.  

It's kind of interestin', actually...especially given some things I've heard and read.

Of course, the Home version may be somewhat less so.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #203 on: October 11, 2007, 03:20:33 PM »

Well, watch out for the lemmings swimming up the streets, Jose.  

They'll nip at your ankles.

Those aren't lemmings, those are rats.  The lemmings only come out in the winter during snowstorms.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: October 11, 2007, 03:22:21 PM »

...And I had heard the UPS man come this morning, but wasn't sure what or to whom he was delivering.  Well... It appears "the roomie" has bought an 8-bottle Wine Fridge for the apartment.  Of course, the box and all the packing materials are "around" the kitchen table, and I'm thinking the fridge unit itself is probably in her room - which is really the only place it could go.

*Of course, we only ever keep 2-4 bottles of wine in the apartment at a time... And we never really buy anything that "demands" temperature-controlled storage.  So...  -And this is on top of the new bed frame, the new bedroom curtains and some new bedroom furniture, so...  The rest of us talked a bit about all of this last night, and if it turns out that "SURPRISE!" he will be staying here for a while, well...  As bk would say: Karma, baby, Karma!

I Told You To Evict The Bitch!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #205 on: October 11, 2007, 03:22:36 PM »

Hiya, kidz, hiya.

Couldn't bear Trivial Pursuit the one time I was forced to play it at a party. Monopoly was ok if there were vodka involved...

Swim parties at Roger's house, followed by Monopoly.  I don't ever remember vodka involved.  ;D  I remember doing most of the cooking :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2007, 03:22:38 PM »

Hmm... David Burnham seems to be quite popular around these here parts lately.

Congrats, DR elmore.  *Oh, and Brad mentioned you at rehearsal today while he was showing the preliminary concert line-up for the upcoming symphony concert.   :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #207 on: October 11, 2007, 03:24:46 PM »

An Administrative Assistant of Northwest Folklife emailed about travel arrangements for my interview... wow, it may actually be a very classy operation!! I always loved the Festival, and now I'm gonna love the interview. They offered overnight accommodations for the Friday and Saturday eves I'll be there - so I don't have to shlep back and forth from the cabin in this weather. How very nice of them!

Very nice, and exciting.  And nice to know they are still interested, the 2nd is a long time to wait for the interview.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #208 on: October 11, 2007, 03:25:27 PM »

What I want to know -- vis a vis Jose's ROOMMATE PROBLEM -- is what, if anything the "other" roomies have to say about all this.

Were any of you consulted?   Was this ever something that had been discussed as a possibility for anyone wanting a live-in "friend"?

What, I wonder, would happen if the "other roomies" began walking around nude?  What would happen if the "other roomies" began developing slovenly habits in common spaces?

What would happen if the "other roomies" pulled the egregious roommate aside and threw a shitfit?

What would happen, also, if you demanded the "live-in" start paying a "share" of rent for use of common space?  That's "in addition to" the rent already being paid by the live-in's girlfriend.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 03:27:25 PM by Ron Pulliam »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2007, 03:25:31 PM »

DR elmore - Isn't there a place just around the corner from you that does transfers from one media to another?  I swear I've walked by some almost-hole-in-the-wall shop in your 'hood.

Otherwise, a friend of mine just sent a bunch of his LPs and cassettes of some place that transfers them to CDs as well as converts into iPod-compatible files.  I'll try and get the name of the company for you.  -Although, I think he found it just by Googling.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up