Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: TIME IS THE GREAT LEVELER  (Read 83616 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:TIME IS THE GREAT LEVELER
« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2007, 03:26:29 PM »

Hmm... David Burnham seems to be quite popular around these here parts lately.

Congrats, DR elmore.  *Oh, and Brad mentioned you at rehearsal today while he was showing the preliminary concert line-up for the upcoming symphony concert.   :)

It's nice to have work.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #211 on: October 11, 2007, 03:26:29 PM »

With no disrespect for the effect such pressures had upon you, I cannot help but think that too little is made of poor Ken's plight...

;)

ROTFLOL!  That poor Ken, I remember all the boys in class starving or throwing up their indulgences, just to look like Ken.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: October 11, 2007, 03:27:55 PM »

DR elmore - Isn't there a place just around the corner from you that does transfers from one media to another?  I swear I've walked by some almost-hole-in-the-wall shop in your 'hood.

Otherwise, a friend of mine just sent a bunch of his LPs and cassettes of some place that transfers them to CDs as well as converts into iPod-compatible files.  I'll try and get the name of the company for you.  -Although, I think he found it just by Googling.

It isn't for me; it's for David Burnham before he gets some live performances to me.  I want him to be able to give me a disc or an mp3 of something he has on cassette.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #213 on: October 11, 2007, 03:29:47 PM »

We have rain moving into our area today.  We had a nice drenching Monday night overnight into Tuesday.  And it should start up again tonight.

Temperature right now is F 65.3.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #214 on: October 11, 2007, 03:31:08 PM »

Next, I put in THE ADVENTURES OF ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE and watched "The Treasure of Monte Zoom." On this disc are three complete R&B stories without any of the other cartoons from the series. The one I watched was 8 episodes in length (about half an hour). When I go back down I'll watch "Wossamotta U."

Just what DVDs are you watching? We have R&B and Friends Seasons 1 and 2, and neither the tales you mentioned are included (nor, according to Amazon, are they in Season3). All of ours include the other cartoon extras like Fractured Fairy Tales and Dudley Do-right, etc.)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #215 on: October 11, 2007, 03:32:37 PM »

We had an interesting commute this morning.  At least, those who travel I-880 South (Oakland to San Jose) had an interesting commute.  The interstate was actually shut down right after dawn.

Police (or Highway Patrol) had been called pre-dawn about a dead animal being on the highway.  At dawn, someone made the horrifying discovery that the road kill was actually "part" of a human body.  This body, it seems, was rather dismembered and scattered around the highway (having been struck a number of times by vehicles).

Details have not been released yet other than it appears to have been a man who was about 50 years old.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #216 on: October 11, 2007, 03:33:42 PM »

How's this for a Page 8 Dance:

Come Out!  Come Out...Whoever You Are!!
HAPPY NATIONAL COMING OUT DAY!!

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #217 on: October 11, 2007, 03:35:56 PM »

Just what DVDs are you watching? We have R&B and Friends Seasons 1 and 2, and neither the tales you mentioned are included (nor, according to Amazon, are they in Season3). All of ours include the other cartoon extras like Fractured Fairy Tales and Dudley Do-right, etc.)

der Brucer

The R&B history is a bit confused when it comes to the video sets.

I recently acquired "Rocky and Bullwinkle & Friends", Seasons 1, 2 and 3.  These are, supposedly the first three seasons ever aired of these characters.

But the show was first called "Rocky and His Friends" and then, it seems the show's name changed to "The Bullwinkle Show" or something elitist like that (remember "Laverne" and how that sank after they dropped "and Shirley"?)

Then, IIRC, the name changed to "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show" and stayed like that through the run of the series, however many seasons that was.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 03:44:44 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #218 on: October 11, 2007, 03:36:26 PM »

Well, Dear Readers, I am finding out that majoring in English Literature might not have been the best decision I've ever made. Turns out nobody wants to hire an essay-writing plate-eater who can't do anything remotely useful.

But I do have two interviews tomorrow, so any and all vibes you can scrape up would be most appreciated.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #219 on: October 11, 2007, 03:38:06 PM »

What I want to know -- vis a vis Jose's ROOMMATE PROBLEM -- is what, if anything the "other" roomies have to say about all this.

Were any of you consulted?   Was this ever something that had been discussed as a possibility for anyone wanting a live-in "friend"?

What, I wonder, would happen if the "other roomies" began walking around nude?  What would happen if the "other roomies" began developing slovenly habits in common spaces?

What would happen if the "other roomies" pulled the egregious roommate aside and threw a shitfit?

Well.... The "others" did discuss this the other night, and we're all sort of "confused" right now, for lack of a better word.  She has actually not been here all that much the past couple of weeks, so, some of the issues and problems haven't come up since she wasn't here to cause them.  However, she's spent every night here this week so far - and her boyfriend has been here all but one night this week, so some things were starting to rear their ugly little head again.  But then she's heading back out of town for a week or so next week, so...

Yes, we all admitted that we're being a bit childish, but at least we know we are.  -And, heck, it's been fun bonding over our bitching sessions.  *Thankfully, the big "noise" issue has died down quite a bit since the new subletter moved in a couple of weeks ago, so that's also contributed to the seeming lack of calm and civility.  The "rest of us" have also been quite busy the past couple of weeks so we were never really here for enough "waking hours" to get upset about anything.  In any case...

We did all agree that if one of us happens to get particularly irked, that we should just go ahead and confront her about it.  We've been too nice and quietly-non-understanding for too long.

*And the rest of us did agree that the wine fridge will stay in her room.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2007, 03:38:23 PM »

I saw this info on the news today and thought, what kind of screwed up family is that! The parents should be tried for the shootings.

Actually. this story is about the PA kid that was "planning", not the OH kid that actually did some shooting.

I think that allowing your teenager to have that weapons cache is "child endangerment".

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #221 on: October 11, 2007, 03:38:24 PM »

ROTFLOL!  That poor Ken, I remember all the boys in class starving or throwing up their indulgences, just to look like Ken.

What kind of boys were IN your class?   LOL!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #222 on: October 11, 2007, 03:41:30 PM »

DR elmore - I still have a cassette player - well, two of them.. Would you just like to borrow one of them?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #223 on: October 11, 2007, 03:42:24 PM »

DR Elan -  Good to see you and Meishar.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #224 on: October 11, 2007, 03:43:30 PM »

DR MBarnum - Not that I really want or need to know the answer to this question, but...

Just how many Barbies and Kens do you have?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #225 on: October 11, 2007, 03:47:48 PM »

Well.. I was actually thinking of heading to Carnegie Hall tonight to catch Dame Kiri Te Kanawa in recital, but since they only have "obstructed view" seating left... and with the continuing rain, I believe I'm just going to stay in tonight, and enjoy some network TV offerings.  -I also have an all-day audition session to play for as well as show tomorrow night, so it's probably best I stay in.  -Besides, I have some wine chilling upstairs.  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #226 on: October 11, 2007, 03:48:23 PM »

DR Elmore-CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW JOB! :D :D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #227 on: October 11, 2007, 03:49:18 PM »

The R&B history is a bit confused when it comes to the video sets.

I recently acquired "Rocky and Bullwinkle & Friends", Seasons 1, 2 and 3.  These are, supposedly the first three seasons ever aired of these characters.

Are the boxes labelled" Rocky and Bullwinkle And Friends" ?

der Brucer
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 03:49:43 PM by DERBRUCER »

MBarnum

« Reply #228 on: October 11, 2007, 03:56:26 PM »

DR MBarnum - Not that I really want or need to know the answer to this question, but...

Just how many Barbies and Kens do you have?

;)

That is confidential information.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #229 on: October 11, 2007, 03:57:15 PM »

Well, if they're "throwing up their indulgences" I would presume they were Roman Catholic!

der Brucer
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 04:05:26 PM by DERBRUCER »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #230 on: October 11, 2007, 04:00:03 PM »

Police (or Highway Patrol) had been called pre-dawn about a dead animal being on the highway.  At dawn, someone made the horrifying discovery that the road kill was actually "part" of a human body.  This body, it seems, was rather dismembered and scattered around the highway (having been struck a number of times by vehicles).

You sure they weren't filming an episode of "BONES"?

der Brucer

Jane

« Reply #231 on: October 11, 2007, 04:01:47 PM »

;D

I read the headlines, which were more than enough, on the traffic jam out your way.  I didn't think about it effecting you.  I hope you didn't see anything.  Were you stuck in the traffic?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #232 on: October 11, 2007, 04:04:10 PM »

Are the boxes labelled" Rocky and Bullwinkle And Friends" ?

der Brucer

Yes, Sir!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: October 11, 2007, 04:04:33 PM »

Back from a busy little day - starting with a rehearsal with the delightfully delightful Emily Rozek.  Then it was over to LACC to return borrowed costumes and props (and I donated all the costumes created for NY), a meeting with the head of the department.  Then it was endless errands and now I am back in the home environment catching up with e-mails and telephonic calls.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #234 on: October 11, 2007, 04:07:18 PM »

Turns out nobody wants to hire an essay-writing plate-eater who can't do anything remotely useful.

How many semester hours did it take to learn this?

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #235 on: October 11, 2007, 04:09:48 PM »

Yes, Sir!

The set we have, and clearly not the set Matt is watching.

der Brucer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #236 on: October 11, 2007, 04:10:44 PM »

Well, Dear Readers, I am finding out that majoring in English Literature might not have been the best decision I've ever made. Turns out nobody wants to hire an essay-writing plate-eater who can't do anything remotely useful.

But I do have two interviews tomorrow, so any and all vibes you can scrape up would be most appreciated.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~Super Interview Vibes for the Essay-Writing Plate-Eater DR Sandra!!~~~[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :D [/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #237 on: October 11, 2007, 04:12:34 PM »

That is confidential information.

Do you let Ken sleep with G.I. Joe?

der Brucer

MBarnum

« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2007, 04:13:02 PM »

Best of getting a worthy job vibes for DR Sandra!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 04:13:23 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #239 on: October 11, 2007, 04:14:19 PM »

Do you let Ken sleep with G.I. Joe?

der Brucer

What happens in the Barbie Dream House stays in the Barbie Dream House.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up