Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: A NEW VIBE  (Read 65492 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:A NEW VIBE
« Reply #210 on: October 15, 2007, 05:03:49 PM »

Cilla, a LOT of people had and are having a fun time at Legally Blonde, and, again, I might like it better live.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2007, 05:04:31 PM »

Cilla, it has been cloudy but no rain here...

Cason, adorable new avvie!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2007, 05:04:55 PM »

Cold-free vibes to bk!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2007, 05:05:16 PM »

Well, it's watch DWS and then back to the office for a couple hours. too much craziness today to get much accomplished

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2007, 05:06:57 PM »

Cilla, a LOT of people had and are having a fun time at Legally Blonde, and, again, I might like it better live.  

I think you will. ;D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 05:10:49 PM by Cillaliz »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2007, 05:07:56 PM »

Now that I have my home computer back, I can log on and chat after work.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #216 on: October 15, 2007, 05:10:50 PM »

As for a play or plays...

More recently, I'd have to say the Broadway production of Take Me Out.  The show was about so much more than the shower scenes.  Denis O'Hare was a wonder to behold.  There were times when I forgot that he was just playing a character, that he was acting - it was such a natural, unforced performance.  And at the stage door after the show, I was able to thank him for a truly transformative night in the theatre.

And did you happen to tell him what you thought of his equipment?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #217 on: October 15, 2007, 05:14:01 PM »

Now that I have my home computer back, I can log on and chat after work.

:)  Good news.

Jane

« Reply #218 on: October 15, 2007, 05:14:33 PM »

Hi TCB.  How is your shoulder?  Has there been any improvement?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #219 on: October 15, 2007, 05:15:41 PM »

TOD:  Without a doubt, the OBC of Pippin, which simply blew me away from start to finish as a kid on my first stay in NYC.  For you longtime RATM-ers, remember when John Rubinstein used to hang out there (I didn't know it at the time, but he was also my nephews' soccer coach in L.A., believe it or don't).  We were all posting about Pippin, and a thread developed where people were talking about the characters calling each other by their real names.   I posted that I seemed to remember some of the actors calling each other by their real names (which I really, truly think happened that night, maybe it was an accident--but I clearly remember Rubinstein and Clayburgh sitting on the lip of the stage and Jill called him John at one point), and John posted a long, insistent rant that that had never happened.   Taught me that all kinds of people (ooh, a Bacharach & David reference) read this stuff and y'all had better be careful.   :o

According to one of his former co-stars, Mr. Rubinstein has been known to be a bit testy at times.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2007, 05:16:40 PM »

No, but. . .in the BAD, REALLY BAD news department:  my mother's checking account was compromised in the past two days, by someone spending close to $4000.00!
I have taken the necessary action for today, and will continue more actions tomorrow with the bank.
I feel violated - - - and not in a good way - - - as the account also bears my name.

~~~SUPER MONEY RECOVERY VIBES FOR DR TD AND HIS MOTHER!!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #221 on: October 15, 2007, 05:17:49 PM »

I spoke too soon, the kids coming into the library are now reporting it is raining lightly.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #222 on: October 15, 2007, 05:19:17 PM »

TCB, did you get your package from North Dakota?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #223 on: October 15, 2007, 05:19:33 PM »

Looks like I am the only one around these hear parts who did not see LEGALLY BLONDE last night...instead I watched the 1957 film 18 AND ANXIOUS which starred Mary Webster, William Campbell, my interviewee Ron Hagerthy, and my want-to-be interviewee Jacqueline Loughrey (Miss USA 1952). Pretty good film.

Today I think I may watch a Friday the Wonder Dog double feature...ROOKIE COP and THE HIDDEN EYE. How's that for entertainment!

No, MBarnum, you were not alone.  I did not watch LEGALLY BLONDE either, because I was glued to my TV watching my beloved Seattle Seahawks play on national Television.  However, considering the results, I should have watched LEGALLY BLONDE.
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #224 on: October 15, 2007, 05:19:47 PM »

Money recover vibes to td and his Dear mother...

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #225 on: October 15, 2007, 05:24:14 PM »

~~~Continued Foot-Feel-Better Vibes for FJL!!~~~

Oh boy, I am tired.  I swore you wrote Continued Foot-Fetish-Better Vibes for FJL.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #226 on: October 15, 2007, 05:26:54 PM »

I just read this article:  Joe Nichols Enters Rehab for Substance Abuse

(the picture is not from this article, though)

I wonder if it is too late to get into the same rehab center?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #227 on: October 15, 2007, 05:35:15 PM »

By "entertaining" I mean a show or musical that had nothing on its mind other than to entertain, but one that did so with great craft and intelligence - i.e. Guys and Dolls and the already-mentioned How To Succeed.  I'd add Promises, Promises to that pile.  

I think that HELLO, DOLLY! falls into that category.  Unless you find some social relevance to a group of African-Americans traveling from Yonkers To New York City and never encountering anyone but other African-Americans.  

Hmmm, did Stokeley Carmichael know about this subversive musical?
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #228 on: October 15, 2007, 05:35:27 PM »

Shoulder vibes to TCB!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #229 on: October 15, 2007, 05:36:59 PM »

TOD:

A production of SHE LOVES ME at the Indiana Repertory Theater (long BEFORE Libby Appel showed up to ruin the place).  Just wonderful from beginning to end...and a delight!

Plays:  a fun fine production of THE DINING ROOM.  Frances Farmer in THE SEAGULL.

Yeah, THE SEAGULL.  Now that's fluff.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #230 on: October 15, 2007, 05:40:05 PM »

It's raining here in Olympia.  First time in a while.

George, I was in Olympia all day today, and I didn't see you.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 05:40:35 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #231 on: October 15, 2007, 05:42:20 PM »

George, I was in Olympia all day today, and I didn't see you.

You were??  We could'a had lunch! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #232 on: October 15, 2007, 05:44:29 PM »

Jeesh, there's no pleasing some people!  ;)

If I spend my work time posting, there's comment...

But if I spend my work time working, there's comment...

Hmm.

:P

:)

Slingblade, please use your entire work day posting to HHW.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2007, 05:57:09 PM »

Of course what was really unbelievable to me in TURBULENCE, is that there was a cross country flight on Christmas Eve with less than 10 passengers on the ENTIRE plane.

Actually, there was a story several years ago about a little boy who was flying on Christmas Eve from London to Seattle on British Airways.  He was the only passenger on the entire 747 jumbo jet.  Just him and the crew.  It made headlines here.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2007, 05:58:04 PM »

As we were walking down the street yesterday we saw Sherlock's friend Boulder headed straight towards us.  Boulder is younger but far more broad than Sherlock is, plus he has his adult coat already.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2007, 05:59:14 PM »

In the review, it says:

Bart is surrounded by a very talented core group: the hilarious (and thank goodness, sans her little girl TV voice) Megan Mullally as his society girlfriend Elizabeth; Foster as his gorgeous lab assistant Inga ("She’s assisting his brains out," Frau Blücher observes), Christopher Fitzgerald as the Marty Feldman-invention Igor (pronounced, thank you, "Eye-gor") and Shuler Hensley as the operatic monster played by Peter Boyle in the film.

When I saw it in Seattle (twice...not to brag or anything ;)), Christopher Fitzgerald as Eye-gor had the line, "She's assisting his brains out."  I wonder if the reviewer got it wrong or if they actually changed who says it.

If it got a huge laugh, I am sure the line has gone to Andrea.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2007, 05:59:54 PM »

And just because he was soooo cute, and I can......

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2007, 06:02:11 PM »

Golden Delicious apples, Granny Smith apples, MacIntosh apples, and Bartlett pears.

Why, were they out  of Bartlett apples?

Excuse me!  I am trying to reach a milestone, here!

« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 06:02:37 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2007, 06:08:29 PM »

Does PETER PAN count for the TOD, even though the show has some points to make?  The Sandy Duncan revival was one of the most magical experiences I've had in a legit theater.

I will second that one........ and I saw it five times.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: October 15, 2007, 06:09:16 PM »

I am back from a wonderful belated birthday dinner with our DR Jose.  He took me to Ouest at 84th and Broadway where I dined on one of the most wonderful meals I've ever had.  Truly scrumptious.   I'll let DR Jose tell you more, but I want to go back if only for the raspberry-ginger coupe I had for dessert: pound cake, fresh raspberries, ginger, ice cream combined into something I am craving to experience again.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up